Jump to content
  • Sign Up

How To Build A Proper Sic Em Soulbeast - Video


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I took the time to respond to an individual but the short stream ended up being a good dive into current Soulbeast patching and it would be a shame to not share this with the WvW forum.

 

Watching the full 25 minutes is worth it for anyone looking to understand Sic Em Soulbeast and how to optimize the build properly.

 

Sic Em Soulbeast WvW - Guide & Demo - Twitch

 

Go ahead use the example provided to argue balance or w/e you want to do. I just don't like it when good content for discussion is wasted.

 

~ Enjoy

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not going to bother responding to anything else from you, but lets look at this for a second.   You don't want to use my rules? Hey, fine, go for it, my rules were in your favor, but you are

You continue to misunderstand a few things: The ball was always in my court because I am the person who issued the community challenge for my stream. You were never the person making the

I took the time to respond to an individual but the short stream ended up being a good dive into current Soulbeast patching and it would be a shame to not share this with the WvW forum.   Wa

Hmm. I don’t really understand why you’re going for WS when you could pick skirmishing for higher dmg. Gazelle pet I also don’t understand. Considerably worse than smokescale. Smokescale + skirmishing probably has similar sustain to what you’re using, but better damage. Might as well go all out with the traits too?

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

Hmm. I don’t really understand why you’re going for WS when you could pick skirmishing for higher dmg. Gazelle pet I also don’t understand. Considerably worse than smokescale. Smokescale + skirmishing probably has similar sustain to what you’re using, but better damage. Might as well go all out with the traits too?

 

 

You can use Smokescale. Smokescale is what you want to be on 99% of the time in spvp. It's just that in wvw, it's better to use Gazelle when you're talking situations where there are 30 guys vs. 30 guys. <- In that situation it's better to be able to run away from things than to try and tank with Smoke Assault. Smokescale is a 1v1 or 1v2 kind of thing. Bigger the numbers get, you want Gazelle F2 so you can avoid bad positioning that instantly gets you killed.

 

Marks & Skirmishing builds are not granting you the kind of damage that you think they are. This was already covered in the video. Fast forward to the last 60 seconds of the video if you want to see the build listed 1-shotting someone off their mount directly into downstate with no buffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I took the time to respond to an individual but the short stream ended up being a good dive into current Soulbeast patching and it would be a shame to not share this with the WvW forum.

 

Watching the full 25 minutes is worth it for anyone looking to understand Sic Em Soulbeast and how to optimize the build properly.

 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1044027398

 

Go ahead use the example provided to argue balance or w/e you want to do. I just don't like it when good content for discussion is wasted.

 

~ Enjoy

standard build beside the axe trait for 150 ferocity? and the extra dmg over stance time, whats so special to watch? >.<

id insta drop sic em for dolyak stance. sic em is overrated one wolf pack is the baddie here, its OP but i dont really care since i play ranger also. tho i dont really use wolf pack unless i do play a proper sic em build which will just pop most players in 1 rapid fire.

 

your basically on survivalist build and smashed in sic em and ferocity trait from axes and extra dmg from players lower then ur HP or w/e last thing exactly does in slb trait..

nah put skirmish and markmanship

Edited by reddie.5861
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, reddie.5861 said:

standard build beside the axe trait for 150 ferocity? and the extra dmg over stance time, whats so special to watch? >.<

id insta drop sic em for dolyak stance. sic em is overrated one wolf pack is the baddie here, its OP but i dont really care since i play ranger also. tho i dont really use wolf pack unless i do play a proper sic em build which will just pop most players in 1 rapid fire.

 

your basically on survivalist build and smashed in sic em and ferocity trait from axes and extra dmg from players lower then ur HP or w/e last thing exactly does in slb trait..

nah put skirmish and markmanship

 

Purpose of thread & video was discussion about Sic Em Soulbeast builds, not tanky variants.

 

If you want to discuss tanky brawly variants, I guarantee you that Celestial Druid will out brawl any Soulbeast build even in 1vX situations.

 

The only real purpose Soulbeast has, what it can do better than Core Ranger or Druid, is high damage output with high mobility, on glass cannon structures. If you want to run more sustainy Soulbeast, you may as well go Druid and that is every bit 100% true.

 

In PvP they have removed too many options for Druid to be viable at this point, but in WvW you can still make some seriously broken Druid setups.

 

Maybe I'll make a short video and showcase that next.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

 

Purpose of thread & video was discussion about Sic Em Soulbeast builds, not tanky variants.

 

If you want to discuss tanky brawly variants, I guarantee you that Celestial Druid will out brawl any Soulbeast build even in 1vX situations.

 

The only real purpose Soulbeast has, what it can do better than Core Ranger or Druid, is high damage output with high mobility, on glass cannon structures. If you want to run more sustainy Soulbeast, you may as well go Druid and that is every bit 100% true.

 

In PvP they have removed too many options for Druid to be viable at this point, but in WvW you can still make some seriously broken Druid setups.

 

Maybe I'll make a short video and showcase that next.

 

 

Celestial druid can only run from a true brawler soulbeast, soulbeast is superior in every way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 3:57 AM, hobotnicax.7918 said:

Celestial druid can only run from a true brawler soulbeast, soulbeast is superior in every way.

 

I will quite seriously give you 1000g if you can come on my stream and beat my Celestial Druid setup with any Core Ranger or Soulbeast setup. I'll even let you swap your build multiple times and keep trying as often as you wish until you're done.

 

I'm in NA servers. Drop me a message if you're interested. Or you know what, we could do it in a Guild Hall. Get at me.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

 

I will quite seriously give you 1000g if you can come on my stream and beat my Celestial Druid setup with any Core Ranger or Soulbeast setup. I'll even let you swap your build multiple times and keep trying as often as you wish until you're done.

 

I'm in NA servers. Drop me a message if you're interested. Or you know what, we could do it in a Guild Hall. Get at me.

🤣🤣 I've fought some really broken druid builds over the years, including when the ranger forums were QQing about how weak druid is.

 

You can't catch a good druid. You can't out cleanse a good druid either.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

 

I will quite seriously give you 1000g if you can come on my stream and beat my Celestial Druid setup with any Core Ranger or Soulbeast setup. I'll even let you swap your build multiple times and keep trying as often as you wish until you're done.

 

I'm in NA servers. Drop me a message if you're interested. Or you know what, we could do it in a Guild Hall. Get at me.

Darn it, I would have accepted this challenge but I'm from EU. 1000g would have come in handy. I love stomping overconfident streamers over and over again.

Edited by Khenzy.9348
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Soulbeast is definitely superior, I have played those tanky kitten druid builds before, and whilst yes I was unkillable, it took quite a while to kill someone 😕 also condi druid should die to a sic em power sb, don't know about the cele druid variant....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

Darn it, I would have accepted this challenge but I'm from EU. 1000g would have come in handy. I love stomping overconfident streamers over and over again.

I'm sure you two can coordinate a time on the weekend that isn't too early/late for either.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmm, I think it's a server difference that's the problem. I don't think NA can ever play with EU.

 

But that shouldn't be an issue if OP is willing to temporarily transfer. If one is that confident, maybe they should reimburse for transfer costs after the match? It would still be very good odds.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Hmm, I think it's a server difference that's the problem. I don't think NA can ever play with EU.

 

But that shouldn't be an issue if OP is willing to temporarily transfer. If one is that confident, maybe they should reimburse for transfer costs after the match? It would still be very good odds.

 

No reason in it. I'd essentially be paying myself 1000g to transfer to and back from EU.

 

And on top of that I go from 70 ping to 250 ping when going from NA servers to EU.

 

If someone wants to bite, it needs to someone on NA servers.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have played some druid, it was funny how un-killable you are. Had this person wailing on me for 5-10minutes before his buddies showed up to kill me. Does take awhile to kill someone else though, so if they have good sustain its a never ending fight. However if they are a zerker gg ez. 

 

Or just go Soulbeast and kill everything before they can even react 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2021 at 10:16 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

 

I will quite seriously give you 1000g if you can come on my stream and beat my Celestial Druid setup with any Core Ranger or Soulbeast setup. I'll even let you swap your build multiple times and keep trying as often as you wish until you're done.

 

I'm in NA servers. Drop me a message if you're interested. Or you know what, we could do it in a Guild Hall. Get at me.

I'm on EU. But I can already tell you what would happen; you or any other druid on any other build, would run/kite until I'd get bored of chasing as you'd do kitten all dmg and you'd run and heal when bursted. Can't remember the last time I lost to a druid 1v1, should be a couple of years now.

Druid is inferior to soulbeast in every way possible besides pure healing.

If you're willing to transfer to EU to fight me, then hit me up.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

I'm on EU. But I can already tell you what would happen; you or any other druid on any other build, would run/kite until I'd get bored of chasing as you'd do kitten all dmg and you'd run and heal when bursted. Can't remember the last time I lost to a druid 1v1, should be a couple of years now.

Druid is inferior to soulbeast in every way possible besides pure healing.

If you're willing to transfer to EU to fight me, then hit me up.

 

It has plenty of damage, surprisingly. Watch the video:

 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1046707263

 

Start 19:00 to see full combat demo. Start 28:00 to see how it counters other Ranger builds.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

 

It has plenty of damage, surprisingly. Watch the video:

 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1046707263

 

Start 19:00 to see full combat demo. Start 28:00 to see how it counters other Ranger builds.

I'd say between the 3 of them assuming proper but not counter builds, core has the advantage. It has higher damage, durability, and Cleanse, but Druid has higher spike cleanse and greater lockdown potential. A bruiser-type core Ranger can be astoundingly tanky, even significantly more so than Soulbeast, but with less damage. A similarly built Soulbeast won't struggle to kill like core will, but it will also have a much higher chance of being shut down just due to not having pet swap and worse overall Cleanse.

The only reason Druid might win against either of these, or literally anything it fights, is because Ancient Seeds is a terrible design that's way too rewarding for spamming skills. Don't slot Ancient Seeds and I'll bet your rate of success goes way down.
That aside, Druid as a whole needs a rework, and when it's in a better place Ancient Seeds needs to be removed. I cannot think of a single person that would say "yes, being repeatedly Immobilized is fun game play."

Edited by Shroud.2307
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

 

It has plenty of damage, surprisingly. Watch the video:

 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1046707263

 

Start 19:00 to see full combat demo. Start 28:00 to see how it counters other Ranger builds.

I watched it. Average gameplay vs poor opponents. Damage is low, no real burst, anyone with cleansing sigil and a couple of cleanses would laugh at you. You also run 0 stab, which vs a real brawler soulbeast means good night champ or Usain Bolt levels of running away.

I understand you may be hyped that you found a build that works for you and makes an easy time vs really bad players who already don't run pretty much anything to counter you. But objectively, your build is sub par to a brawler soulbeast.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

I watched it. Average gameplay vs poor opponents. Damage is low, no real burst, anyone with cleansing sigil and a couple of cleanses would laugh at you. You also run 0 stab, which vs a real brawler soulbeast means good night champ or Usain Bolt levels of running away.

I understand you may be hyped that you found a build that works for you and makes an easy time vs really bad players who already don't run pretty much anything to counter you. But objectively, your build is sub par to a brawler soulbeast.

He's put a 1000 gold bet on the line. Go collect if you think you can beat him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

He's put a 1000 gold bet on the line. Go collect if you think you can beat him.

 

Should be an easy 1000g with my average play and build that only works vs. bad players.

 

I don't know what the hold up is. Any gold 3 level player should be able to come into a guild hall and beat this druid build.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

 

Should be an easy 1000g with my average play and build that only works vs. bad players.

 

I don't know what the hold up is. Any gold 3 level player should be able to come into a guild hall and beat this druid build.

Like I said, I'm on EU. You're welcome to come here and fight me in armistice. I for one won't transfer to NA to fight a random dude whos videos are already revealing enough.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...