Jump to content
  • Sign Up

How To Build A Proper Sic Em Soulbeast - Video


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

He's put a 1000 gold bet on the line. Go collect if you think you can beat him.

So, I or anyone else on here, transfers to NA, which costs gems, he claims he'll pay 1k g if he is beat, which means he can just kite heal all day long til we get bored. I'm down 2x gems for transfers and wasted my time with a random dude. Yeah, I think I'll pass. But he is welcome to come to EU and put his claims to the test.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not going to bother responding to anything else from you, but lets look at this for a second.   You don't want to use my rules? Hey, fine, go for it, my rules were in your favor, but you are

You continue to misunderstand a few things: The ball was always in my court because I am the person who issued the community challenge for my stream. You were never the person making the

I took the time to respond to an individual but the short stream ended up being a good dive into current Soulbeast patching and it would be a shame to not share this with the WvW forum.   Wa

1 hour ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

So, I or anyone else on here, transfers to NA, which costs gems, he claims he'll pay 1k g if he is beat, which means he can just kite heal all day long til we get bored. I'm down 2x gems for transfers and wasted my time with a random dude. Yeah, I think I'll pass. But he is welcome to come to EU and put his claims to the test.

Then perhaps don't talk trash if you're not willing to back it up?

  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Then perhaps don't talk trash if you're not willing to back it up?

As I wrote, I am willing. But I won't entertain randoms on my coin. Specially not people who run 1,6k base power and claim they do loads of damage. His WD does under 8k on an npc for f sake... xD

If you're willing to sponsor my two transfers then let's go 😉

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

afaik u cannot "transfer" to NA; u gotta make a new account there. and you'll have pingspikes, likely.

 

and @Lan Deathrider.5910 please... there's no talking s, the whole thread here is. there's even a chance they'd get steamrolled by 5-50ish groups several times during their "duel"

There is Armistice Bastion or EotM to avoid the steamrollers fwiw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

As I wrote, I am willing. But I won't entertain randoms on my coin. Specially not people who run 1,6k base power and claim they do loads of damage. His WD does under 8k on an npc for f sake... xD

If you're willing to sponsor my two transfers then let's go 😉

The damage he was referring to was the sustained Power+Condi. None of it is burst, which he states. 

 

If you branch out of the WvW forums a bit more you would notice that Tevor isn't a random on the GW2 forums.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The damage he was referring to was the sustained Power+Condi. None of it is burst, which he states. 

 

If you branch out of the WvW forums a bit more you would notice that Tevor isn't a random on the GW2 forums.

Have you watched his gameplay? 70% of his damage is from conditions, which his opponents fail to cleanse (cause they have almost no cleanse). So like I stated before, anyone running cleansing sigil and a couple of cleanses (which brawler soulbeast does both) would laugh at his damage that would further be negated by high protection uptime.

A brawler soulbeast can cleanse 22-26 conditions plus additionally remove immo (twice), chill and cripple. Immo basically cannot be put on a brawler soulbeast (dolly, LR, two cleansing sigils) for more than a second or two by a druid before it's removed.

He runs 2 stunbreaks on demand, zero stab. Brawler soulbeast is cc king right now that can chain hard cc people for almost 10s... etc etc. Not to mention boon rip from interrupts that would make him lose all might stacks repeatedly when timed right.

 

Like I said he can do OK vs bad players who have no counter, but vs anyone running at least some cleanse, he won't do anything else than tickle him.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

Like I said, I'm on EU. You're welcome to come here and fight me in armistice. I for one won't transfer to NA to fight a random dude whos videos are already revealing enough.

“1v1 me in GH bruh”

nice pve balance 😂

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

“1v1 me in GH bruh”

nice pve balance 😂

AB uses wvw mechanics. But it is pay.

 

But it's ok. It's a miracle if we get anything set up and this thread turned out exactly as predicted. Blame the servers,

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 3:14 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

 

 

You can use Smokescale. Smokescale is what you want to be on 99% of the time in spvp. It's just that in wvw, it's better to use Gazelle when you're talking situations where there are 30 guys vs. 30 guys. <- In that situation it's better to be able to run away from things than to try and tank with Smoke Assault. Smokescale is a 1v1 or 1v2 kind of thing. Bigger the numbers get, you want Gazelle F2 so you can avoid bad positioning that instantly gets you killed.

 

Marks & Skirmishing builds are not granting you the kind of damage that you think they are. This was already covered in the video. Fast forward to the last 60 seconds of the video if you want to see the build listed 1-shotting someone off their mount directly into downstate with no buffs.

Hmm, my skirmish build has 100% CC vs your 80% with fury, and 30% more crit dmg, which is more impactful when every hit will crit. Especially on rapidfire + OWP cus you won’t have any hits not critting. 
 

being able to run the bloodlust sigil on WS is nice, but if you’re already running WS I don’t see why you wouldn’t run a smarter sigil for fights anyway. And in that case, we’d have the same power but I’d have better CC and CD.
 

not mention the gazelle again. You’d just be better off on bird if you wanna play hit and run.  Gazelles leap is pathetic as an actual gap opener if you’re trying to outrun people. 


 

what i don’t understand is the purpose of your build. 
it doesn’t have the same damage as skirmishing does, it can’t run away effectively without stealth or bird, and you don’t have the sustain to power balance of a bruiser soulbeast with WS , proper sigils, and smokescale. 
 

you seem to have chosen the worst of both worlds here. That’s my point. If you just think the build is really nice to play, that’s fine. But then you probably wouldn’t be posting a twitch video and a forum post boasting about it. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 6:25 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

🤣🤣 I've fought some really broken druid builds over the years, including when the ranger forums were QQing about how weak druid is.

 

You can't catch a good druid. You can't out cleanse a good druid either.

What are you smoking. WS durability rune soulbeast keeps pretty much any druid on the defense like 90% of the fights. The only thing druid can do is try to root right out of stealth. 
run LR and dolyak, the druid has literally nothing. You cleanse immob with weapon swap sigil, LR, dolyak, heal. And druid has like 0 dmg if they can’t root you to death.

 

add in sicem to screw them over as they use celestial avatar and lose their only source of sustain with 3s stealth and superspeed. 
 

did i mention druid has no dmg? It has no dmg. Half the dmg output of a bruiser soulbeast NOT including reduced pet dmg. Celestial avatar heals for nothing, it has no damage reduction at all unless you run GS for the block. 
 

yea, druid is pretty kitten right now. Borderline useless. Celestial stats can give it a buff, but now you’re just permakiting and not really doing anything other than lulling around. 

 

Edited by bigo.9037
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

What are you smoking. WS durability rune soulbeast keeps pretty much any druid on the defense like 90% of the fights. The only thing druid can do is try to root right out of stealth. 
run LR and dolyak, the druid has literally nothing. You cleanse immob with weapon swap sigil, LR, dolyak, heal. And druid has like 0 dmg if they can’t root you to death.

Your mistake here is thinking Soulbeast vs Druid is the only X vs Druid matchup.

 

23 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

add in sicem to screw them over as they use celestial avatar and lose their only source of sustain with 3s stealth and superspeed. 
 

See my above comment.

23 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

 

did i mention druid has no dmg? It has no dmg. Half the dmg output of a bruiser soulbeast NOT including reduced pet dmg. Celestial avatar heals for nothing, it has no damage reduction at all unless you run GS for the block. 
 

I've fought druids with plenty of damage over the years. You're thinking in terms of burst damage, whilst the Druid has very strong sustained damage.

23 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

yea, druid is pretty kitten right now. Borderline useless. Celestial stats can give it a buff, but now you’re just permakiting and not really doing anything other than lulling around. 

 

As I said in my quote, you can't catch a good Druid, and also cannot out cleanse a good druid. That includes the immob spam. A good druid wears out all of your sustain, then loads you up with immobs and bleeds from your flank and laughs as you die. And that does not take as long as you think it does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Your mistake here is thinking Soulbeast vs Druid is the only X vs Druid matchup.

 

See my above comment.

I've fought druids with plenty of damage over the years. You're thinking in terms of burst damage, whilst the Druid has very strong sustained damage.

As I said in my quote, you can't catch a good Druid, and also cannot out cleanse a good druid. That includes the immob spam. A good druid wears out all of your sustain, then loads you up with immobs and bleeds from your flank and laughs as you die. And that does not take as long as you think it does.

You’re simply mistaken here my guy. Stop talking about “a good druid”, you need to assume both players are on same skill level, otherwise any build can 1v5.

 

 The fact is that cleansing sigil is 9s cd, removes 3 condis. Ancient seeds has a 10s ICD, So unless you get hit with a large amount of condi BEFORE the immob, it will get cleansed. I think immob has cleanse priority as well too. 
 

just from cleanse sigil alone, you can negate the immob from druid pretty well. Add a single immob cleanser on your utility bar to be safe. But… soulbeast has 2 immob cleansers, and dolyak makes you IMMUNE to immob for 9s if traited, neary the entire AS ICD. If you play troll urgent on soulbeast you get 4 cleanses from that, 2 from LR plus immob cleanser. I mean, it’s just not even comparable. Soulbeast is practically immune to immob, and that is a fact. Not to mention just by cleansing the immobs you’re gonna get rid of the dmg condis too. As well as soulbeast having extremely high uptime protection which gives 33 DR, PLUS dolyak for -66% DR from both condi and power……

 

and no, i don’t think druid has good sustained damage. I’ve played it for years, I’ve played it recently. It’s not good, i wish it was, but it isn’t. Sure i can kill people, i can kill soulbeasts too, but wvw population is full of baddies. And even then, it struggles to both deal dmg and sustain at the same time. Druid is very squishy compared to soulbeast, and they don’t make up for it in dmg or heals. Literally all druid comes down to is ancient seeds. It’s a worse version of core ranger with ancient seeds, basically.
 

i am comparing it to SLB because OP is out here betting 1000g on the fact that his druid can beat any soulbeast in the game… that’s why. Very cute btw.

Edited by bigo.9037
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigo.9037 said:

You’re simply mistaken here my guy. Stop talking about “a good druid”, you need to assume both players are on same skill level, otherwise any build can 1v5.

 

 The fact is that cleansing sigil is 9s cd, removes 3 condis. Ancient seeds has a 10s ICD, So unless you get hit with a large amount of condi BEFORE the immob, it will get cleansed. I think immob has cleanse priority as well too. 
 

See, that's your first misconception. There's more immobs than that, and not everyone takes cleansing sigil. Grant it though that the druids I've fought over the years carried more immobs than Trevor's build.

1 hour ago, bigo.9037 said:

just from cleanse sigil alone, you can negate the immob from druid pretty well. Add a single immob cleanser on your utility bar to be safe. But… soulbeast has 2 immob cleansers, and dolyak makes you IMMUNE to immob for 9s if traited, neary the entire AS ICD. If you play troll urgent on soulbeast you get 4 cleanses from that, 2 from LR plus immob cleanser. I mean, it’s just not even comparable. Soulbeast is practically immune to immob, and that is a fact. Not to mention just by cleansing the immobs you’re gonna get rid of the dmg condis too. As well as soulbeast having extremely high uptime protection which gives 33 DR, PLUS dolyak for -66% DR from both condi and power……

Again, I'm speaking in general matchup terms, not Soulbeast v Druid.  We can all conjure up a perfect counter to any given build on paper with any given class.

1 hour ago, bigo.9037 said:

 

and no, i don’t think druid has good sustained damage. I’ve played it for years, I’ve played it recently. It’s not good, i wish it was, but it isn’t. Sure i can kill people, i can kill soulbeasts too, but wvw population is full of baddies. And even then, it struggles to both deal dmg and sustain at the same time. Druid is very squishy compared to soulbeast, and they don’t make up for it in dmg or heals. Literally all druid comes down to is ancient seeds. It’s a worse version of core ranger with ancient seeds, basically.
 

i am comparing it to SLB because OP is out here betting 1000g on the fact that his druid can beat any soulbeast in the game… that’s why. Very cute btw.

WvW is indeed full of very VERY bad players. I cringe when I out DPS a LB soulbeast with my rifle on warrior. Though I did laugh when I murdered a poor ranger in their own camp with RI on my reaper (but I suppose I got into the roleplay at that point...).

Fair then on the final statement RE: Trevor's boast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Your mistake here is thinking Soulbeast vs Druid is the only X vs Druid matchup.

 

See my above comment.

I've fought druids with plenty of damage over the years. You're thinking in terms of burst damage, whilst the Druid has very strong sustained damage.

As I said in my quote, you can't catch a good Druid, and also cannot out cleanse a good druid. That includes the immob spam. A good druid wears out all of your sustain, then loads you up with immobs and bleeds from your flank and laughs as you die. And that does not take as lo ng as you think it does.

 

Aren't you one of the people who thinks pet downstate is OP? 

 

As far as this topic...not sure where to start honestly.  I guess I'll start with:

  

On 6/5/2021 at 7:50 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

 

It has plenty of damage, surprisingly. Watch the video:

 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1046707263

 

Start 19:00 to see full combat demo. Start 28:00 to see how it counters other Ranger builds.

 

The necro fight at around 23:00 mark tells me why you most likely shouldn't be challenging people to 1k gold duels.  I get the necro out zoned you because axe is just a bad weapon all around, but if you are super tanky and can never die--why run from the 1v2? The other player was a DH, Druid eats DH alive because of ancient seeds / immob.  So you essentially have one VERY immobile class in necro and one pretty immobile class in DH and you still got out of dodge instead of just kiting them to death? 

 

I'm guessing the reason for fleeing is you have zero CC skills on your bar or your pets (I get Jacaranda has an immob but it's not great) and are running druid...all you should be running is CC.  If you have no CC skills you have no way to actually do a 1v2 because you can't lock someone down and focus on another person--all you can do is well, run.

 

On the topic of SB, all I have to say is that example at 28:00 is....wow.  The person was LB #2'ing you from like 3 feet away , I'm surprised they weren't running bear and / or running macros just to automate their fighting.  They did counter-immob you which is kind of ironic...

 

Anyway, this is essentially where the topic falls apart and ends, because if you are challenging non-80 IQ  power soulbeasts who have actual damage and run LB to a duel on your no-CC axe wielding celestial druid...I don't even know what to say.  You'd be dead before the ship even sank.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also note the above is just my critique on things; to head any blowback off, since I'm not a dueler, here is a rather unedited comparison vid of a druid spec that I run that I believe would be better than running celestial: 

 

 

One day I'll figure out how to edit a proper roaming video...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

...If you're willing to sponsor my two transfers then let's go 😉

 

Ok, I will front the cost of the transfers.

 

I don't have a dog in the fight, but interested to see the outcome.

 

Yall agree to terms and hash everything out and once everyone agrees, both of you can post here and I will send the gems for you to swap.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

 

Aren't you one of the people who thinks pet downstate is OP? 

No, it is bugged and out of balance because of the bug. Not that it has any beating on this discussion.

55 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

As far as this topic...not sure where to start honestly.  I guess I'll start with:

  

 

The necro fight at around 23:00 mark tells me why you most likely shouldn't be challenging people to 1k gold duels.  I get the necro out zoned you because axe is just a bad weapon all around, but if you are super tanky and can never die--why run from the 1v2? The other player was a DH, Druid eats DH alive because of ancient seeds / immob.  So you essentially have one VERY immobile class in necro and one pretty immobile class in DH and you still got out of dodge instead of just kiting them to death? 

 

I'm guessing the reason for fleeing is you have zero CC skills on your bar or your pets (I get Jacaranda has an immob but it's not great) and are running druid...all you should be running is CC.  If you have no CC skills you have no way to actually do a 1v2 because you can't lock someone down and focus on another person--all you can do is well, run.

 

On the topic of SB, all I have to say is that example at 28:00 is....wow.  The person was LB #2'ing you from like 3 feet away , I'm surprised they weren't running bear and / or running macros just to automate their fighting.  They did counter-immob you which is kind of ironic...

 

Anyway, this is essentially where the topic falls apart and ends, because if you are challenging non-80 IQ  power soulbeasts who have actual damage and run LB to a duel on your no-CC axe wielding celestial druid...I don't even know what to say.  You'd be dead before the ship even sank

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

 

Ok, I will front the cost of the transfers.

 

I don't have a dog in the fight, but interested to see the outcome.

 

Yall agree to terms and hash everything out and once everyone agrees, both of you can post here and I will send the gems for you to swap.

Great. OP can message me to set it up. I'll take the 7 day NA stay for 1k gold.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

See, that's your first misconception. There's more immobs than that, and not everyone takes cleansing sigil. Grant it though that the druids I've fought over the years carried more immobs than Trevor's build.

Again, I'm speaking in general matchup terms, not Soulbeast v Druid.  We can all conjure up a perfect counter to any given build on paper with any given class.

WvW is indeed full of very VERY bad players. I cringe when I out DPS a LB soulbeast with my rifle on warrior. Though I did laugh when I murdered a poor ranger in their own camp with RI on my reaper (but I suppose I got into the roleplay at that point...).

Fair then on the final statement RE: Trevor's boast. 

Soulbeast doesnt need to pick counter traits. You can literally just pick any run of the mill WS durability soulbeast build ( most of them run dolyak stance, and double cleansing is like, a DEFAULT setup for a lot of classes cus it cleanses weakness blind and chill , even if enemy is power dmg.) and you’re going to demolish a druid completely. Literally all they can do is run cus nothing druid has works against soulbeast. Like i said, it’s a worsw version of core ranger with ancient seeds, pretty much. And if youre immune to immob…you see where this is going?

 

it literally does not matter if you use entangle. It sucks. What else ya got? The immob signet??? 40s cd just for that? Not happening. 

 

soulbeast will have only 21s every 30s where you can actually root them, and you’ve got too many other tools to clear the few roots that might go through. Smokeassault cleanses too, every 20s. Pet swap every 12s, LR every 24s, heal every 24s…… i mean, there’s no argument to be had here. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I don't think the topic creator is coming back...

 

 

 

Oh I'm here, I was just really drunk last night at a party and wasn't watching this forum.

 

16 hours ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

Great. OP can message me to set it up. I'll take the 7 day NA stay for 1k gold.

 

Nothing needs to be set up. Do your transfer to NA and drop me an in-game mail when you're ready. It will be hard to miss me because I am online streaming so often lately.

 

@bigo.9037 @Gotejjeken.1267

 

This is actually really funny that people are basing their judgements of these match-ups from such a middle tier point of view. One thing that most people don't understand about Guild Wars 2 pvp is how balance is so different between middle tiers to high tiers.

 

Examples:

 

  1. Deadeyes are this big problem for middle tier players who are surprised easily who do not often if ever, utilize LOS. Middle tier players are also bad at predicting where the DE is going to go next. However in higher tiers, DE becomes actually useless because higher tier players well know how to abuse LOS and they find it easy to read where a DE is going next.
  2. The very same thing applies to Soulbeast. People see the damage output as overpowered in middle tiers because they don't LOS and they setup pinching & bottlenecking vs the Soulbeast. But in higher tier play, Soulbeast is seen as one of the weaker classes/builds actually.
  3. This same thing applies to every class/build in the game, how its seeming effectiveness changes between middle to higher tiers of play. Some things feel weak in middle tier but are strong in high tier, usually because middle tier players aren't able to understand how to wield it correctly or optimally. And then of course other things feel so strong in middle tier but end up falling out in high tier when better players know how to work around the mechanics.
  4. So you've got to wonder what happens with the change in dynamic here from middle tiered Soulbeasts vs. middle tiered Druids to -> a Soulbeast vs a Druid in high tier play when many different things are happening that middle tiered Soulbeasts are not used to seeing.

Get at me. Don't dawdle too long. Let's get'er on the stream here.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 8:25 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The damage he was referring to was the sustained Power+Condi. None of it is burst, which he states. 

 

If you branch out of the WvW forums a bit more you would notice that Tevor isn't a random on the GW2 forums.

 

It's cracking me up every time I read this thread.

 

But alas, still no one has showed up for this free 1000g sitting here, just waiting to be taken when someone kills my very bad Druid build.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

 

It's cracking me up every time I read this thread.

 

But alas, still no one has showed up for this free 1000g sitting here, just waiting to be taken when someone kills my very bad Druid build.

It seems all the naysayers are over on EU. Maybe NA Druids are just better than the ones from EU?

Not touching that build with a 1000ft pole on my main. Tempted to regear my necro though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It seems all the naysayers are over on EU. Maybe NA Druids are just better than the ones from EU?

Not touching that build with a 1000ft pole on my main. Tempted to regear my necro though.

 

No idea. But it is funny that they aren't noticing how no NA player is taking up this wager.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...