How To Build A Proper Sic Em Soulbeast - Video

22 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

No idea. But it is funny that they aren't noticing how no NA player is taking up this wager.

Like I said. I've fought a large number of very strong Druids the past few years, even during periods that the Ranger forums were QQing over how weak they are. But then the EU and NA scenes are different some times. We may be seeing strong Druids on NA, or just extremely bad Soulbeasts, whereas over on EU it may be the opposite.

Btw, i fought this hobotnicax fella 1v1 near golanta camp, 90%of the time he was running. Proceeded to do the "one shot" root in place combo, failed, run, wait for cds, repeat.  I dont even run pure defensive stats lel. Angry whispers "you are 3" (even tho i was... Solo), etc. Classy.

Btw, Trevor, i see a LOT of ppl run the build you posted.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Oh I'm here, I was just really drunk last night at a party and wasn't watching this forum.

Nothing needs to be set up. Do your transfer to NA and drop me an in-game mail when you're ready. It will be hard to miss me because I am online streaming so often lately.

@bigo.9037 @Gotejjeken.1267

This is actually really funny that people are basing their judgements of these match-ups from such a middle tier point of view. One thing that most people don't understand about Guild Wars 2 pvp is how balance is so different between middle tiers to high tiers.

Examples:

1. Deadeyes are this big problem for middle tier players who are surprised easily who do not often if ever, utilize LOS. Middle tier players are also bad at predicting where the DE is going to go next. However in higher tiers, DE becomes actually useless because higher tier players well know how to abuse LOS and they find it easy to read where a DE is going next.
  2. The very same thing applies to Soulbeast. People see the damage output as overpowered in middle tiers because they don't LOS and they setup pinching & bottlenecking vs the Soulbeast. But in higher tier play, Soulbeast is seen as one of the weaker classes/builds actually.
  3. This same thing applies to every class/build in the game, how its seeming effectiveness changes between middle to higher tiers of play. Some things feel weak in middle tier but are strong in high tier, usually because middle tier players aren't able to understand how to wield it correctly or optimally. And then of course other things feel so strong in middle tier but end up falling out in high tier when better players know how to work around the mechanics.
  4. So you've got to wonder what happens with the change in dynamic here from middle tiered Soulbeasts vs. middle tiered Druids to -> a Soulbeast vs a Druid in high tier play when many different things are happening that middle tiered Soulbeasts are not used to seeing.

Get at me. Don't dawdle too long. Let's get'er on the stream here.

Look, we’re talking about the same class here just different especs. You cannot get around the fact that druid is essentially just core ranger with less dmg from pets and ancient seeds.

Even the celestial avatar stuff is negligible, because it requires you to set up your build in a way that heals are constantly ticking, which often means sacrificing stats or better runes with more utility, even a utility slot in some cases. It’s really only a minor boon you actually get from CA, considering the tradeoffs you have to build around. 

talk all you want about skill, it is meaningless. Especially because these two especs are similar in the way they operate so it makes sense to look at the details rather than overall. 

I’m not sure what your bet is about. Are you saying you can literally defeat anyone in the entire game? Or just that you’re supposedly the best ranger / druid in all of gw2? What happens when you inevitably meet someone who will stall you because this is usually what happens in ranger v ranger duels. Especially druid since you can perma kite if you run celestial very easily, playing defense 90% of the time. Are you gonna tell everyone you won the 1v1 if you just end up stalling them?

@bigo.9037 @Gotejjeken.1267

This is actually really funny that people are basing their judgements of these match-ups from such a middle tier point of view. One thing that most people don't understand about Guild Wars 2 pvp is how balance is so different between middle tiers to high tiers.

Where is the 'high tier' gameplay then? No explanation about running from the 2v1? Because if you can't 2v1 with the build in 'middle tier' gameplay then what good is it if you are inviting 'high tier' opponents to a 'money match'? 

Also, it is doubtful anyone is going to take some superfluous '1k gold' bet so you can get traffic for your fledgling Twitch channel.  Unless we get some better content of you winning 1v1's against 'high tier' players or winning 2v1's there really is no other conclusion than Celestial Druid is a meme.

• Like 1

Nothing needs to be set up. Do your transfer to NA and drop me an in-game mail when you're ready. It will be hard to miss me because I am online streaming so often lately.

I understand what you are saying....But it does need to be setup, as I am going to be out of pocket if I send him gems, he transfers and then one or the other says, "I don't want to duel here or there", or "you kited to far" etc etc. and one or both bail out because of this and I am out of a good bit of gems and not even getting to watch a duel out of it.

My opinion, which both of you feel free to disagree. We are talking roaming/duel builds here, so kiting should be allowed, but if you are running off out of render range because one of you is full CD and 5% HP... Yes, I understand that is a real tactic in roaming, but this is about two builds and we need to be piratical about it. The video you had of kiting around a camp sized area seems fair and realistic to what you might do in a real roaming encounter.

Where do yall both agree is a fair area to fight? Need to make sure no claim buff is active for either player.

How many fights do yall think is fair to determine a winner? We have stakes being offered by you, I know you said you are ok with them changing builds and trying over and over, but there needs to be a limit to this or the person could always claim "one more". Will this build swapping happen before or during the fights? As in are you allowing build changes in warm up fights to see what build they want to use? Or are you starting the real fights straight away, but they will be allowed to change builds between those fights? Best 2 of 3? 3 of 5? 6 of 10? What are yall going with?

Is food going to be allowed? etc etc.

Also, open question to anyone here, is it possible to send gems to another account? I don't see a option in game or am I gonna have to buy a psychical gem card, wait for it to come in and then send the code to them? There has to be an easier way to do this.

*EDIT*

Also, what server are you on? I might buy another account to get a toon on the server to watch in person if I am off work when this happens.

Edited by TinkTinkPOOF.9201
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It's cracking me up every time I read this thread.

But alas, still no one has showed up for this free 1000g sitting here, just waiting to be taken when someone kills my very bad Druid build.

Wow, 300 IQ concept mate. I can make a full minstrel teef or something you can't kill but that doesn't mean the build is actually good. I can stall your druid all day long even on core ele with cleans sig while forcing you off any node that isn't the size of an arena.

Edited by schloumou.3982
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Since you love posting your vids here, why don't you just showcase fights against "high tier" opponents? Instead of posting how you kill bad players on terrible builds, that would die to pretty much anything, then wonder why people aren't convinced about the potency of the build.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, schloumou.3982 said:

Wow, 300 IQ concept mate. I can make a full minstrel teef or something you can't kill but that doesn't mean the build is actually good. I can stall your druid all day long even on core ele with cleans sig while forcing you off any node that isn't the size of an arena.

1 hour ago, bigo.9037 said:

Look, we’re talking about the same class here just different especs. You cannot get around the fact that druid is essentially just core ranger with less dmg from pets and ancient seeds.

Even the celestial avatar stuff is negligible, because it requires you to set up your build in a way that heals are constantly ticking, which often means sacrificing stats or better runes with more utility, even a utility slot in some cases. It’s really only a minor boon you actually get from CA, considering the tradeoffs you have to build around. 

talk all you want about skill, it is meaningless. Especially because these two especs are similar in the way they operate so it makes sense to look at the details rather than overall. 

I’m not sure what your bet is about. Are you saying you can literally defeat anyone in the entire game? Or just that you’re supposedly the best ranger / druid in all of gw2? What happens when you inevitably meet someone who will stall you because this is usually what happens in ranger v ranger duels. Especially druid since you can perma kite if you run celestial very easily, playing defense 90% of the time. Are you gonna tell everyone you won the 1v1 if you just end up stalling them?

This is nothing like how the bet originated.

A person claimed that Soulbeast roamer was superior in every way to a Druid roamer, and that a Soulbeast could always beat a Druid roamer.

I then made the statement that "I will give you 1000g if you can come onto my stream and kill my Druid 1v1 with a Soulbeast".

That's all it was. Don't mutate into something it is not.

~ Still waiting by the way. As usual there is lots of confident talk, but no one actually showing up.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This is nothing like how the bet originated.

A person claimed that Soulbeast roamer was superior in every way to a Druid roamer, and that a Soulbeast could always beat a Druid roamer.

The claim was that slb is better than druid, not that it can always kill druid. Nobody denies that cele druid will most likely be able to stall out the fight, especially when your intention is to "not lose".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I understand what you are saying....But it does need to be setup, as I am going to be out of pocket if I send him gems, he transfers and then one or the other says, "I don't want to duel here or there", or "you kited to far" etc etc. and one or both bail out because of this and I am out of a good bit of gems and not even getting to watch a duel out of it.

My opinion, which both of you feel free to disagree. We are talking roaming/duel builds here, so kiting should be allowed, but if you are running off out of render range because one of you is full CD and 5% HP... Yes, I understand that is a real tactic in roaming, but this is about two builds and we need to be piratical about it. The video you had of kiting around a camp sized area seems fair and realistic to what you might do in a real roaming encounter.

Where do yall both agree is a fair area to fight? Need to make sure no claim buff is active for either player.

How many fights do yall think is fair to determine a winner? We have stakes being offered by you, I know you said you are ok with them changing builds and trying over and over, but there needs to be a limit to this or the person could always claim "one more". Will this build swapping happen before or during the fights? As in are you allowing build changes in warm up fights to see what build they want to use? Or are you starting the real fights straight away, but they will be allowed to change builds between those fights? Best 2 of 3? 3 of 5? 6 of 10? What are yall going with?

Is food going to be allowed? etc etc.

Also, open question to anyone here, is it possible to send gems to another account? I don't see a option in game or am I gonna have to buy a psychical gem card, wait for it to come in and then send the code to them? There has to be an easier way to do this.

*EDIT*

Also, what server are you on? I might buy another account to get a toon on the server to watch in person if I am off work when this happens.

I think you can send them via in game mail? A referee to observe would be smart.

If only EotM had a place to get into a fight within a confined area that allowed for spectators... Oh wait it does. Sounds perfect don't you think?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It seems all the naysayers are over on EU. Maybe NA Druids are just better than the ones from EU?

Not touching that build with a 1000ft pole on my main. Tempted to regear my necro though.

It's easier to type "I'd totally stomp you, but...." because there's no way to easily disprove such a statement and thus one can type anything.

I feared the thread would just be that but glad people stepped up. Everyone should be thanking Tinktinkpoof here.

Also lag to be fair.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

31 minutes ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

/thread

dude is deluded.

You’re the one that offered to take him up on the offer, and someone is even willing to pay for you to transfer so you can do it.

And frankly, the conditions of the duel are pretty straightforward, right?

1. He plays a Druid, you play a SLB.
  2. You both need to agree to external buffs (food, util, etc)
  3. Pick a place
  4. Fight until someone wins. 

Its not a “kite until someone dies of old age” duel. It’s not a “bunker until the servers go offline” duel. It’s a “Thunderdome” scenario: two players enter, one player leaves.

Edited by Dao Jones.6720
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dao Jones.6720 said:

You’re the one that offered to take him up on the offer, and someone is even willing to pay for you to transfer so you can do it.

3. Pick a place

Its not a “kite until someone dies of old age” duel. It’s not a “bunker until the servers go offline” duel. It’s a “Thunderdome” scenario: two players enter, one player leaves.

That or if someone yields, which may be more likely if the fight lasts long enough.

1 hour ago, Dao Jones.6720 said:

3. Pick a place

Like I said. OP should make arrangements with the person who offered to finance it, I'm all for teaching a random dude a lesson trust me. Armistice bastion arena is the best place to do it, wvw stats, zero lag, can't really run away 😉 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

The claim was that slb is better than druid, not that it can always kill druid. Nobody denies that cele druid will most likely be able to stall out the fight, especially when your intention is to "not lose".

Exactly. 

I actually thank you'd your post because you are the only person who seems to be understanding that winning this 1000g is not going to happen.

Anyone who actually knows Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast up and down, and who was able to pay attention to the details of the wager would know a few things:

1. Axe/Axe Staff Druids, regardless of the setup, counters projectile based builds very hard.
  2. Trying to wield melee side damage only against the Axe/Axe Staff & festival of immobilization will not render enough damage output to even remotely get close to downing a tanky Druid being wielded by a veteran player.
  3. Actual experienced & knowledgeable Ranger mains know that sustainy tanky Ranger/Druid/Soulbeasts counter more DPS oriented Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast 100% of the time. The only exception is if the DPSer can heavily outplay the Tankard.
  4. Due to the aspects listed in 3) what we are looking here is an outcome where the more DPS they bring, the easier it will be for me to out-sustain them and eventually kill them. The tankier they tweak for to try and survive, they begin to lose any damage output that would be realistic to actually kill a Druid setup like this being wielded by a veteran.
  5. Ultimately this will result in DPS builds losing to my Druid and tankier setups being able to survive my Druid setup but not actually being able to kill my Druid setup. Since the wager was "I will give you 1000g if you can kill my Druid with a Ranger setup", it is a loaded challenge and impossible to win. Who was really supposed to benefit this challenge, was the community having something hype to watch for the funzies.

If they do still insist on showing up for this challenge though, I will indeed stream it and post it in this thread.

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think you can send them via in game mail? A referee to observe would be smart.

If only EotM had a place to get into a fight within a confined area that allowed for spectators... Oh wait it does. Sounds perfect don't you think?

We don't even need that. It will be streamed live so everyone can be the referee.

And going into a guild hall for the duel is fine. It doesn't need to happen in wvw or eotm.

2 hours ago, Dao Jones.6720 said:

3. Pick a place

No

My original wager was that "I will give someone 1000g if they can kill my Druid with a Soulbeast". I don't care what build or food they use. They just need to be able to kill the Druid if they want the 1000g. No need to complicate the challenge.

If you guys want a different styled challenge, we can do that to, but I will not agree to a sum of wager until I review those rules.

1 hour ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

Like I said. OP should make arrangements with the person who offered to finance it, I'm all for teaching a random dude a lesson trust me. Armistice bastion arena is the best place to do it, wvw stats, zero lag, can't really run away 😉 

He said he would finance you for a transfer. You contact him.

I've said it several times now and I'll say it again. Do what you need to do to get on a NA server and then in-game mail me, and we'll go to someone's guild hall for a duel.

This isn't complex. Either show up or shut up ^^

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Exactly. 

I actually thank you'd your post because you are the only person who seems to be understanding that winning this 1000g is not going to happen.

Anyone who actually knows Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast up and down, and who was able to pay attention to the details of the wager would know a few things:

1. Axe/Axe Staff Druids, regardless of the setup, counters projectile based builds very hard.
  2. Trying to wield melee side damage only against the Axe/Axe Staff & festival of immobilization will not render enough damage output to even remotely get close to downing a tanky Druid being wielded by a veteran player.
  3. Actual experienced & knowledgeable Ranger mains know that sustainy tanky Ranger/Druid/Soulbeasts counter more DPS oriented Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast 100% of the time. The only exception is if the DPSer can heavily outplay the Tankard.
  4. Due to the aspects listed in 3) what we are looking here is an outcome where the more DPS they bring, the easier it will be for me to out-sustain them and eventually kill them. The tankier they tweak for to try and survive, they begin to lose any damage output that would be realistic to actually kill a Druid setup like this being wielded by a veteran.
  5. Ultimately this will result in DPS builds losing to my Druid and tankier setups being able to survive my Druid setup but not actually being able to kill my Druid setup. Since the wager was "I will give you 1000g if you can kill my Druid with a Ranger setup", it is a loaded challenge and impossible to win. Who was really supposed to benefit this challenge, was the community having something hype to watch for the funzies.

If they do still insist on showing up for this challenge though, I will indeed stream it and post it in this thread.

We don't even need that. It will be streamed live so everyone can be the referee.

And going into a guild hall for the duel is fine. It doesn't need to happen in wvw or eotm.

No

My original wager was that "I will give someone 1000g if they can kill my Druid with a Soulbeast". I don't care what build or food they use. They just need to be able to kill the Druid if they want the 1000g. No need to complicate the challenge.

If you guys want a different styled challenge, we can do that to, but I will not agree to a sum of wager until I review those rules.

I've said it several times now and I'll say it again. Do what you need to do to get on a NA server and then in-game mail me, and we'll go to someone's guild hall for a duel.

Guild hall xD You crack me up.

Or, YOU come to EU since you're so confident, and two of us who called you on your deluded claims in this thread are on EU servers. Makes more sense.

Either show up and donate 1k gold or shut up 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And this is why I said it needs to be setup before hand.

I laid out some things to be discussed, Trevor Boyer.6524 more or less stated (correct me if I am wrong) he didn't care, and for me that means it is all in your court hobotnicax.7918

1. Where do you want to duel?
  2. How large of an area is going to be allowed if you are not going to use an arena?
  3. Are food buffs etc allowed?
  4. How many rounds will it be to determine a winner? 2 of 3, 3 of 5, 6 of 10? etc
  5. How long will a single fight be allowed to go on before it is declared a draw?
  6. How much is the transfer cost in gems for you?

Trevor Boyer.6524 What server are you on?

Once these are answered, I will mail you in game hobotnicax.7918 to confirm and send gems assuming they can be mailed.

17 minutes ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I laid out some things to be discussed, Trevor Boyer.6524 more or less stated (correct me if I am wrong) he didn't care, and for me that means it is all in your court hobotnicax.7918

2. How large of an area is going to be allowed if you are not going to use an arena?
  4. How many rounds will it be to determine a winner? 2 of 3, 3 of 5, 6 of 10? etc
  5. How long will a single fight be allowed to go on before it is declared a draw?

Once these are answered, I will mail you in game hobotnicax.7918 to confirm and send gems assuming they can be mailed.

This was already discussed several times now.

1. I am on NA servers and my ping goes from 60-70 to 250-300 when I go to EU servers. I will not be transferring anywhere to do anything for this reason.
  2. Obviously the challenged was stated for anyone who wants to take it, which I assumed would be a NA player, but if a EU player wants to take it, they are free to transfer or make a NA alt.
  3. No special rules are required and it doesn't matter where the duel happens. We simply need to walk into a guild hall and fight.

Either way, I'm done responding to excuses so this will be my final post in this thread unless someone cares to show up and create footage for posting.

~ Cheers.

14 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Exactly. 

No

Good lord. Finally admitting that “sustain counters dmg-main builds.”

This is a no brainer. Everyone in this thread knows this. We don’t care if you can stall a 1v1 dude. Plenty of specs can do that. 

That doesn’t change the fact that soulbeast is still better in the vast majority of fights, be it 1v1 or 5v5 etc., which is what we have been saying all along. Even if a druid stalls a Soulbeast, the druid is gonna be playing defensively, back-pedaling most of the fight. 

and LMAO at playing staff. What a meme build. You may as well have said nobody can kill my nomads or minstrel druid/ auramancer / FB / scrapper 1v1. 

What the heck is the point even?

You already explained that just by virtue of sustain countering dmg, sustain wins. So, it’s clearly not that your druid build is some kinda hidden masterpiece.. but skill cannot be expressed on a sustain-main setup in the same way, so skill isn’t much of a factor in that fight unless it’s a mirror match. 

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ALL THIS??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

47 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This was already discussed several times now.

1. I am on NA servers and my ping goes from 60-70 to 250-300 when I go to EU servers. I will not be transferring anywhere to do anything for this reason.
  2. Obviously the challenged was stated for anyone who wants to take it, which I assumed would be a NA player, but if a EU player wants to take it, they are free to transfer or make a NA alt.
  3. No special rules are required and it doesn't matter where the duel happens. We simply need to walk into a guild hall and fight.

Either way, I'm done responding to excuses so this will be my final post in this thread unless someone cares to show up and create footage for posting.

~ Cheers.

1. Where do you want to duel? Armistice bastion arena - WvW balance, people can watch, if he runs out of the arena it's gg.
  2. How large of an area is going to be allowed if you are not going to use an arena? Armistice bastion arena
  3. Are food buffs etc allowed? Any type of food and utility
  4. How many rounds will it be to determine a winner? 2 of 3, 3 of 5, 6 of 10? etc Best out of 3
  5. How long will a single fight be allowed to go on before it is declared a draw? 7 min per fight
  6. How much is the transfer cost in gems for you? 1000 gems each way, so 2k.

Dude refuses to transfer to EU to fight 2 of us who offered. But OK, I can clap this clown repeatedly even with 300 ping.

Also FYI, if anyone also noticed in his videos. He has a total of 1700 gold in his inventory in his video.

So basically, he can't even do more than 1 fight and pay up.

He drank his own kool-aid thinking he's decent after killing people who basically play like bots.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

1. Where do you want to duel? Armistice bastion arena - WvW balance, people can watch, if he runs out of the arena it's gg.
  2. How large of an area is going to be allowed if you are not going to use an arena? Armistice bastion arena
  3. Are food buffs etc allowed? Any type of food and utility
  4. How many rounds will it be to determine a winner? 2 of 3, 3 of 5, 6 of 10? etc Best out of 3
  5. How long will a single fight be allowed to go on before it is declared a draw? 7 min per fight
  6. How much is the transfer cost in gems for you? 1000 gems each way, so 2k.

Dude refuses to transfer to EU to fight 2 of us who offered. But OK, I can clap this clown repeatedly even with 300 ping.

Also FYI, if anyone also noticed in his videos. He has a total of 1700 gold in his inventory in his video.

So basically, he can't even do more than 1 fight and pay up.

He drank his own kool-aid thinking he's decent after killing people who basically play like bots.

He may be killing bots but he is overloaded with stats and has 3000 armor so 😂😂 

Breaking news: Celestial is overtuned after buff

Edited by bigo.9037