How To Build A Proper Sic Em Soulbeast - Video

28 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Path of Scars do have somehow visible animation pull while traveling on the ground, but that pet pull is terrible, just some dot flying + immobilize. A-net dumbing down this with e-speces really turns away from this game nicely. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/PolishedTsundereZebraBrainSlug-m3vEhkCmj3Cf9XXp

Has no visible tell animation right? Learn to play, for real.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

He didn't even fight back, he just ran in circles. Skills!

Again... how are you still not getting this? 

(1) The Bet: "soulbeast can't kill this druid build". OP said he'd give 1000g to someone who could prove him wrong. Said nothing about standing and fighting, "fighting back", or anything specific about how exactly the build would survive - just that it would.

(2) You: gets someone to pay for you to transfer to NA

(3)  Also You: FAILS TO KILL THE DRUID

(4) Somehow, Also You: "I rekt the druid!

So let's recap this, since 4 things is probably too much for you to grasp.Things went exactly as @Trevor Boyer.6524 predicted, and it doesn't matter that you have all these other dumb additional ideas in your head about "fighting back." You couldn't kill the druid, you lost.

19 minutes ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

You're welcome to try me btw, since I'm still on NA and you seem to have a big mouth.

Nobody (not even @Trevor Boyer.6524 on stream) questioned your skill or build. Clearly you're hilariously insecure though, might want to figure out what's going on with that.

I uninstalled maybe a week ago, just lurking here for updates and drama as EoD approaches. Have fun being an overcompensating foreign child though.

The greatest shame of all this is that I despise playing (and playing against) tanky druid builds. I hate that I am quasi-defending someone demonstrating such a build, but @hobotnicax.7918's cognitive inability forced it out of me.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

@Trevor Boyer.6524 you owe @hobotnicax.7918 1,000 gold. 

You challenged players to a duel. You claimed your druid couldn’t be killed. You also claimed your build “has plenty of damage, surprisingly”, meaning you have the potential to fight back and win. 

You complained about ping in EU so you didn’t go there. Someone from EU comes here and plays with crappy ping. You ran the entire time, but it was a duel. A duel means you fight, not display your ability to run and hide as much as you can until you yourself quit. You couldn’t win, then you quit. Hobo won from that alone. Now be respectable and pay up the gold to the rightful winner. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Again... how are you still not getting this? 

(1) The Bet: "soulbeast can't kill this druid build". OP said he'd give 1000g to someone who could prove him wrong. Said nothing about standing and fighting, "fighting back", or anything specific about how exactly the build would survive - just that it would.

(2) You: gets someone to pay for you to transfer to NA

(3)  Also You: FAILS TO KILL THE DRUID

(4) Somehow, Also You: "I rekt the druid!

So let's recap this, since 4 things is probably too much for you to grasp.Things went exactly as @Trevor Boyer.6524 predicted, and it doesn't matter that you have all these other dumb additional ideas in your head about "fighting back." You couldn't kill the druid, you lost.

Nobody (not even @Trevor Boyer.6524 on stream) questioned your skill or build. Clearly you're hilariously insecure though, might want to figure out what's going on with that.

I uninstalled maybe a week ago, just lurking here for updates and drama as EoD approaches. Have fun being an overcompensating foreign child though.

Oh yeah?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulAgreeableEelTwitchRaid-EVlRlvv94IvAmBIY

"He doesn't even know if he can beat this..." he actually thought he could win.... deluded.

Also observe how he pressed "Surrender" to get out of it. So surrendering is not losing right? 😄

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Swagger.1459 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 you owe @hobotnicax.7918 1,000 gold. 

You challenged players to a duel. You claimed your druid couldn’t be killed. You also claimed your build “has plenty of damage, surprisingly”, meaning you have the potential to fight back and win. 

You complained about ping in EU so you didn’t go there. Someone from EU comes here and plays with crappy ping. You ran the entire time, but it was a duel. A duel means you fight, not display your ability to run and hide as much as you can until you yourself quit. You couldn’t win, then you quit. Hobo won from that alone. Now be respectable and pay up the gold to the rightful winner. 

Anyone who actually roams and duels in WvW knows he lost. I don't even need or want the gold. I did it to put him in his place. But him forking out 1k gold when he has 1,7k total would make it so much sweeter, cause he'd probably pop a vein.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PolishedTsundereZebraBrainSlug-m3vEhkCmj3Cf9XXp

Has no visible tell animation right? Learn to play, for real.

Ty for clarifying, a bit more shiny animation than normal merge, noted. Never seen that animation even once in WvW clearly.
Still I'm gonna ask you this, since when you've become so arrogant and cocky? Years ago you weren't like that, are you another victim of getting drunk on powercreeped spec? I'm quite curious about this. There's quite a bit of people that were normal years ago and now they act high and mighty and arrogant on top of that, you're also one of them.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 3:34 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

If you want to discuss tanky brawly variants, I guarantee you that Celestial Druid will out brawl any Soulbeast build even in 1vX situations.

You guarantee it right? 😄

Listen to these nuggets:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TardyGentleHornetANELE-s6hgP_ovcpK5FpHK

Soulbeast LB... after we talked about brawler soulbeasts on forum for a few days...

https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileGlutenFreeWolfKappaPride-fglAUDO-hPc_kT8E

Start near each other... so he can start running away insta... 😄

https://clips.twitch.tv/AttractivePhilanthropicHorseradishWTRuck-ca2FEPhkMU63Q2q_

When you have everything on CD after 12s in...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Ty for clarifying, a bit more shiny animation than normal merge, noted. Never seen that animation even once in WvW clearly.
Still I'm gonna ask you this, since when you've become so arrogant and cocky? Years ago you weren't like that, are you another victim of getting drunk on powercreeped spec? I'm quite curious about this. There's quite a bit of people that were normal years ago and now they act high and mighty and arrogant on top of that, you're also one of them.

How is putting arrogant forum warriors who drank their kool-aid in their place being arrogant and cocky?

Years ago? Oh now you'll pretend like you known me from before? 😄

Thanks for the content dude, this was great. You are indeed fastcar levels of bad and deluded.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

I still have 1k gems from the nice guy who donated to finance this clown fiesta. So I'm fine. I'll farm NA bots for the week, only have 140-160 ping.

Maybe I'll make a stupid thread here on the forum saying xyz build is kitten best and someone will call me out and then transfer to fight me and then I'll make excuses about food and rage quit after 5 min of running away and then come back on the forums trying to save face saying "oh but you didn't actually win cause I didn't go down", not admitting I just got destroyed. Maybe. xD

See that's the difference between people like me, who polished our builds through time, perfecting it to my playstyle, and people like him, who finds a druid build adds celestial stats to it and thinks he's the best ever when he kills a few NA bots.

We all knew what would happen. We all knew he's just gonna run away. Because not going down is a victory to him. He tried to fight for the first 10-15s of the fight, then quickly realized after being down to 50% inside of 10s that this is no joke.

Look at his confidence a few seconds before the fight:

https://i.ibb.co/1nrPFDG/image-2021-06-10-172125.png

He thought he was gonna chase me 😄

Dude finally met someone who doesn't play like a bot and he rq in 5min time, claiming it's boring/pointless cause he can't die.

Slow clap dude. You're the best. 😄😄 😄 😄 

You should pay that guy 2k gems back for sponsoring this. I bet he feels like he didn't get his moneys worth.

BUT HEY listen to this, I'll say what you said to us...

YOU CAN TRY AND FIGHT VS ME, I'LL EVEN LET YOU TRY OUT MULTIPLE BUILDS.

Maybe you could actually put up a fight next time.

Lol re read ur post, then remember not only is this a video game but gw2 non the less, not some LoL or smite moba where pro leagues exist and play for real funds. Don't take the game so serious.

U should chill on the NA pokes, living somewhere different doesn't make u a better gamer and makes u sound lame, also the whole EU having more over all skilled players than NA means exactly what? That us NA players go outside more maybe lol, and who does it really matter to who's good at gw2, its gw2 lol, good for u man 😆.

Relax and enjoy meeting new peeps from NA till u transfer back, maybe make some new friends:).

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

Yeah after watching that I think Fastcar has definitely been training Trevor lol.  

Anyway, I have two issues with it:

• Hobo showing up with a tanky SB build with a single hittable CC skill (prelude lash) was never going to kill this Druid.  It doesn't mean this Druid is unkillable or good, it means that you'd essentially need to build for CC so he can't just run like that. 
  •  
  • The wager was never 'until someone gets bored', there were only time limits in place to stop the running fiesta or it was implied it'd be a loss.  Also I see no switching of builds allowed here, because I think Trevor knows what I said above is correct, and if Hobo would have switched to a more CC oriented build he'd be done.

If anything this has proved that MH axe indeed is awful, and inevitably someone is going to go try this celestial build thinking it's good when this 'fight' was about as engineered into a favorable situation as one could get (including 1984 levels of double speak).  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lol re read ur post, then remember not only is this a video game but gw2 jon the less, not some LoL or smite moba where pro leagues exist and play for real funds. Don't take the game so serious.

U should chill on the NA pokes, living somewhere different doesn't make u a better gamer and makes u sound lame, also the whole EU having more over all skilled players than NA means exactly what? That us NA players go outside more maybe lol, and who does it really matter to who's good at gw2, its gw2 lol, good for u man 😆.

Relax and enjoy meeting new peeps from NA till u transfer back, maybe make some new friends:).

Let's not also overlook the fact the streamer (i.e. the one benefiting from this through views) would not transfer to EU with own funds or would not finance said transfer to NA.  So I can see why hobo would be a bit steamed here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

MH axe isn't the problem on either build.

It really is--it has no pressure and has nothing a shortbow can't do far, far better (aside from the chill). 

Even OH axe is a gimmick, yeah #5 can do a lot of damage if you get caught with prelude lash--but as we see here that damage is very easily negated by moving away from the whirling defense.  No one uses the #4 on OH axe because it is terrible and has been since inception.  

On the Druid build in specific, axe is far worse than using shortbow; I get why it was used here (because celestial), but it really doesn't work at all.  I don't really need to prove that either when there's enough content on that Twitch channel to clearly see why it doesn't work.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It really is--it has no pressure and has nothing a shortbow can't do far, far better (aside from the chill). 

Even OH axe is a gimmick, yeah #5 can do a lot of damage if you get caught with prelude lash--but as we see here that damage is very easily negated by moving away from the whirling defense.  No one uses the #4 on OH axe because it is terrible and has been since inception.  

On the Druid build in specific, axe is far worse than using shortbow; I get why it was used here (because celestial), but it really doesn't work at all.  I don't really need to prove that either when there's enough content on that Twitch channel to clearly see why it doesn't work.  

Yes on druid sb is better, because druid needs that hard cc. But mh axe is great on slb, for both power and cele builds (for dueling it is also good on core). In this particular case it was gs that was useless, as this weapon does not do anything against an opponent that does nothing but running (tho utilizing hyena cc instead of camping beast mode might have still ended the fight eventually).

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907

2 hours ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

How is putting arrogant forum warriors who drank their kool-aid in their place being arrogant and cocky?

Years ago? Oh now you'll pretend like you known me from before? 😄

Thanks for the content dude, this was great. You are indeed fastcar levels of bad and deluded.

You're much more arrogant and cocky than few years ago, probably powercreep got to your head I guess. 
Also thanks for taking part in this "experiment", showing broken is always welcomed.
Since A-net refuses to balance game around PvP/WvW we'll have to still be annoyed by cheese, enjoy it.

39 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

You're much more arrogant and cocky than few years ago, probably powercreep got to your head I guess. 
Also thanks for taking part in this "experiment", showing broken is always welcomed.
Since A-net refuses to balance game around PvP/WvW we'll have to still be annoyed by cheese, enjoy it.

Didn't you boast in you twitch stream videos how cele druid is the bees knees? How'd that turn out eh?

Powercreep? You mean when there was more damage before Anet nerfed all power damage across the board? Not to mention CC skills not doing any dmg (basically 4 of my skills do no dmg). We're in powercreep times it seems... facepalm

Please enlighten us and Anet with your expertise of balance and cheese... but the cheese you play (very badly), that's ok right?

Dude you're playing a bunker condi spam build, and you had the audacity to claim multiple times that no ranger/soulbeast variant could touch it. I proved you wrong. Did I down you? I didn't no. Did I make you run like Usain Bolt like I said you would? Sure did.

I watched the whole fight again and you didn't drop me under 80% HP at any point, yet you claimed your build does "a surprisingly high amount of damage"... yeah no, it doesn't like we told you.

You lost all you credibility after your "performance" today, so anything you say here is irrelevant.

You're around 900 WvW rank with 30k AP and you try to lecture people on WvW sub forum. And then you show us your mad skills in our duel. Don't you see how ironic that is? It's like if you come to your first day at a new job and start to lecture veteran people how things work.

Also if you wanna go into technicalities, I told you pre-fight that if you run out of the arena, that you lose. And you still went in and tried fighting before you ran out of the arena using the surrender button.

So basically you owe me 1k gold. Now pony up.

Proof:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LuckySuccessfulOrcaSmoocherZ-Zcsk5G6V-0B9WlWi

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Ok, so as the one who was trying to make it a point to setup everything before the match (for this very reason that I stated), and look what happened.

First, the bet WAS to kill the druid, this is why I asked about fight area size, because I knew he would probably be able to easy kite and never get close to dying with unrestricted range, the smaller arena had a chance, and at one point Trevor was at risk of being downed but looked like it was from getting used to the build/rotation he was fighting (I think he was fully expected a LB build), once he adjusted it didn't look like it was going to be winnable by hobo no less winnable in the minute or so left for the 7min limit. So hobo didn't win....

With that said, why did Trevor leave? Had he finished out the 7mins it would have been a draw and all he had to do was draw 2 more 7min fights to complete the 3 fights requested. Remember, I asked and Trevor said he didn't care and would fight many times even allowing build changes between but in the fight leaves? I mean, I agree with him that he probably was not going to die, maybe eventually, but was probably going to take way longer than another minute. BUT hobo could have gone for a bit more CC and might have actually landed enough dmg to down him.

As I see it, neither completed what they stated they could do, hobo didn't kill him, but Trevor also didn't stick around or even see if he was going to change builds or finish out all 3 7min fights.

I mean, I feel like I was watching the video of the two dogs on either side of the fence going crazy wanting to kill each other and then someone opens the gate and they both stop. Neither completed what was agreed to, but both are claiming victory.

This whole thread like:

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Ok, so as the one who was trying to make it a point to setup everything before the match (for this very reason that I stated), and look what happened.

First, the bet WAS to kill the druid, this is why I asked about fight area size, because I knew he would probably be able to easy kite and never get close to dying with unrestricted range, the smaller arena had a chance, and at one point Trevor was at risk of being downed but looked like it was from getting used to the build/rotation he was fighting (I think he was fully expected a LB build), once he adjusted it didn't look like it was going to be winnable by hobo no less winnable in the minute or so left for the 7min limit. So hobo didn't win....

With that said, why did Trevor leave? Had he finished out the 7mins it would have been a draw and all he had to do was draw 2 more 7min fights to complete the 3 fights requested. Remember, I asked and Trevor said he didn't care and would fight many times even allowing build changes between but in the fight leaves? I mean, I agree with him that he probably was not going to die, maybe eventually, but was probably going to take way longer than another minute. BUT hobo could have gone for a bit more CC and might have actually landed enough dmg to down him.

As I see it, neither completed what they stated they could do, hobo didn't kill him, but Trevor also didn't stick around or even see if he was going to change builds or finish out all 3 7min fights.

I mean, I feel like I was watching the video of the two dogs on either side of the fence going crazy wanting to kill each other and then someone opens the gate and they both stop. Neither completed what was agreed to, but both are claiming victory.

This whole thread like:

I guess. But there was only one person who came to the duel wanting to actually fight, and that was me.

He said in this thread he doesn't care about what food I use, but instantly started crying about me having ascended food, he even went to google what ascended food he wants me to give him... like what?

Before starting the fight, I told him that if he ran out of the arena that he would lose, and he ran out of the arena mid fight.

Proof:

I don't agree this was anywhere near to a draw, he basically got destroyed and forced to run to stay alive, after claiming on here that his cele druid is the second coming of Jesus. In WvW duel spots, if you do this (kite for 5min to stay alive) it's considered gg and you get jumped by people watching.

Also by using the surrender button, he forfeited the fight.

If anyone actually thinks that he did a good job, I feel bad for you. Holding a point in spvp, contesting caps in WvW, I'd get it if he did this. But in a duel... after saying he does surprisingly high dmg, to run like this... sad.

Anwhos I hope the OP learned that there's way better builds and ranger players in this game that he ever imagined. And to not drink his own kool-aid if he can't back it up in an actual fight.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

I guess. But there was only one person who came to the duel wanting to actually fight, and that was me.

He said in this thread he doesn't care about what food I use, but instantly started crying about me having ascended food, he even went to google what ascended food he wants me to give him... like what?

Before starting the fight, I told him that if he ran out of the arena that he would lose, and he ran out of the arena mid fight.

Proof:

I don't agree this was anywhere near to a draw, he basically got destroyed and forced to run to stay alive, after claiming on here that his cele druid is the second coming of Jesus. In WvW duel spots, if you do this (kite for 5min to stay alive) it's considered gg and you get jumped by people watching.

Also by using the surrender button, he forfeited the fight.

If anyone actually thinks that he did a good job, I feel bad for you. Holding a point in spvp, contesting caps in WvW, I'd get it if he did this. But in a duel... after saying he does surprisingly high dmg, to run like this... sad.

Anwhos I hope the OP learned that there's way better builds and ranger players in this game that he ever imagined. And to not drink his own kool-aid if he can't back it up in an actual fight.

I will give you the food point, I did ask specifically about food buffs and it was agreed they were ok. So food should not have been an issue, if it was, it should have been stated when I asked in this thread about it.

I also agree you were the one doing most of the "fighting", but again, that was not the bet and why I wanted area size defined, because as I said in this very thread, kiting is fine and is how Druid plays, but unlimited range and you would never land the dmg you did here, as he had to double back past you over and over opening himself up to CC and burst.

I know you don't agree it was a draw, but I also asked you about time limits on fights before it is called a draw, after all, he only has to survive, you have to down him. And I am being honest here, I don't see you downing him in that last minute (though he should not have left), I DO think some changes to the build however might allow you to, as you have enough dps pressure you should be able to swap out for some more CC to land the rest of the rotation to down him. So, sorry, but you did not win or rekt him however I do think the possibility was there with a build change.

More or less, it doesn't feel complete, you didn't win, but he also didn't follow through on the fight count or allowing you to change builds. I think you both are way to cocky, he thought it would be an easy win (so did you) and so he agreed to something that put him in a bad position, that being a small arena. But had he not agreed to that, you would have never touched him for the most part, as he would not have had to double back every time he kited, which killed his ability to do any counter pressure and allowed you to CC and forced him to eat dmg.

But, with that said, I don't see yall going back at it at this point and I don't think either of you are going to change your minds....However if either want to duel me when I am online, I am game. This isn't a challenge, I know I am not that good, but would be interesting to see what fighting either build is like on my DH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Should have used Signet of the Hunt + Rapid Fire to spike Trevor down after a CC when he tried to kite, swap to GS after for Swoop-Maul-Hilt Bash-Maul. 

Like I said before though. Can't catch a good druid.

Well see that's where it's interesting. The more he would stat differently to pick up CC & DPS, he would end up becoming vulnerable and the Druid would have chances to kill him. I'm not saying it can't be done, but the build he brought in that was able to survive against me was seriously the most anti-damage build I've ever seen. I mostly spvp right, so I hadn't considered quite exactly what was possible with Soulbeast right now due to pve gear options, in terms of being able to stack massive amounts of sheer damage mitigation.

Let me explain a few things that was going on here that equated to a situation where as a Cele Build with lower power damage to begin with, who is relying on 50% of my damage being condi, I was never going to damage this Soulbeast or be able to engage it in combat in general:

1. He was using a food with -10% damage. He originally loaded in with asc food with -20% condi duration.
  2. He has this trait as a Soulbeast Second Skin - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) wich in wvw still reduces condition damage 33% while protection is active. his build had a very high uptime of protection and I have no boon removal on the Druid.
  3. Furthermore he is using this Dolyak Stance - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) which is another -33% to damage and condition damage, and is only a 30s CD in wvw, lasts 6s or 9s depending on if he has stance trait or not. So just right now we're lookin at having high prot uptime with -33% power damage, which is creating Second Skin -33% vs condi, and now we have Dolyak Stance stacking another -33% to power and another -33% to condi.
  4. THEN the recent changes to retaliation makes it so his Axe 5 Whirling Defense - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) has resolution now Resolution - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) another -33% to condition damage.
  5. So we're looking at Power Mitagation -10%, -33%, -33%. Then Condi Mitigation -33%, -33%, -33%
  6. And all of that ^ isn't even to mention w/e level of toughness he brought to that fight, w/e rune effects he was using to further mitigate damage, and all of the actual condi cleanses he also chose to still bring to the fight alongside of triple -33% condi damage mods.

Honestly, after the retal into reso patch, Arenanet needs to review the damage mitigation qualities of Soulbeast in wvw. The Soulbeast traits & utilities have long been nerfed in pvp, but they are still original pve level strength in wvw. This stacked with pve gear/food options is insanely stacked damage mitigation.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 I already cleared this up earlier about why I left. Go scroll back through and read the post. I'm not typing it again.

@hobotnicax.7918 You keep responding to @TrollingDemigod.3041 as if he were me. Now you see this? You don't pay attention to details man. You are doing that because he has the same avatar as I do, but you are completely neglecting to notice that the name next to that avatar is not my name lol. You've got to start paying attention to details there bud.

@Stand The Wall.6987 lol His build is much more insanely busted that the Cele Druid, at least it is in 1v1. He could seriously run Berserker/Scholar on that and still take virtually no damage. I hadn't considered before this duel that the skill splits in WvW for defensive traits & utilities had NOT been altered at all for Soulbeast, and it also slipped my mind how retal into reso patch has effected Axe 5. His build actually doesn't need condi cleanse. He could get away with having zero cleanse and still be extremely difficult to deal damage to even vs heavy condi builds. Fortunately the wager was about if he could kill the Druid, and not about which build was better. 

To all the people discussing Axe mainhand/offhand: The Axes truly are not overperforming. What's overperforming are food buffs & other pve gear options & pve skill splits. In pvp, axe mh/oh are fine.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2

Yup pay it. Don’t say the rule was to kill the druid. Cuz obviously wat you did is run away before getting killed. Ur health was down to 5 k at a point. You must have thought he would kill you if you made 1 mistake.  And you RQed before that happens. Not really honorable. Just pay 1000g and move on or set up another fights with build changes. From my view, ur build is meme. It doesn’t work against actual players. Maybe time to go back to pvp. 

• Like 6