Lost 600 gold on trading post

1 hour ago, Greg.7086 said:

@Phoenix.4593 you won't be the first, and won't be the last that has done this or will do this.  Done myself as well in the past with an equally high price item.  However, as much as I was annoyed, it was my own fault, I was in a rush before a Daily fractal run, and instead of placing the order, I instant bought it. The screen display is more than obvious. So really no-one else except myself to blame.  CS can't do anything as from their POV you bought the infusion outright.

Annoying kitten stuff like this happens on the whole to all of us ( human error ftw), but how you deal with it is what matters.  You can either decide to be in a bad mood thereafter, or a reflective mood and say to yaself "Okay I ****ed-up, what can I do to ensure I don't repeat the same mistake again ? "

Pro-tip to prevent TP instant buys: Keep the Liquid Gold on your account as LOW as possible and use TP Buy Orders as a "Personal Bank", e.g. put 10 x 200G Buy orders on Eternity or Perma Bank Access or Khan-ur infusion etc., so obvs your orders will never be fulfilled but it will negate instant buying by mistake.  Alternatively send gold and store it on your alt accounts.  When, and only when there is an item you want to buy or bid for: Ensure you only withdraw/transfer that exact amount back to your wallet so you cannot overbid or instant buy.

Well about storing on the alt accounts comment, that is not a good idea since you can only return 500g weekly back to your main account.

Dont matter if you use mail or guild hall storage either.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230430967-Gold-Wealth-Transfer-Restrictions-Mail-Guild-Bank-

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well about storing on the alt accounts comment, that is not a good idea since you can only return 500g weekly back to your main account.

Dont matter if you use mail or guild hall storage either.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230430967-Gold-Wealth-Transfer-Restrictions-Mail-Guild-Bank-

That doesn't apply to the Trading Post. 

I find it funny that Trading Post interactions involving potentially hundreds of gold require zero confirmation beyond the clicking of one button (which is quite an easy mistake to make due to how incredibly laggy that whole interface is) but we can't delete a big assortment of worthless items without typing out their names first. Very well-thought-out system that we should definitely all defend to our dying breath as well as shame the original poster for suggesting it could perhaps use some change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, ewenness.6482 said:

I find it funny that Trading Post interactions involving potentially hundreds of gold require zero confirmation beyond the clicking of one button (which is quite an easy mistake to make due to how incredibly laggy that whole interface is)

Why exactly can't you treat the instant buy/sell button as a confirmation window? Who said you can't double check then before clicking? Why do you need to click twice to only then be able to check inbetween the clicks instead of double checking before the first click?

Learn from your mistakes and stop blaming everything around for them.

• Confused 3

On 6/4/2021 at 4:34 AM, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

You can ask Support if they can restore the gold, but they'll also remove whatever you bought.

This is the best advice. The OP should give it a try.

1 hour ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

They wont, several times something like this happened and they just say tough luck be careful next time.

My personal experience with GW2's support is different... Perhaps you need to be more polite and a little more persistent in your request?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

This is the best advice. The OP should give it a try.

My personal experience with GW2's support is different... Perhaps you need to be more polite and a little more persistent in your request?

Yea you would be really happy if your gold just vanished and you found a mail from anet in yout mail box.

Someone bought stuff from you by accident here it is returned so you can list it again.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Okay, the fact that a second party is involved does pose a problem - you are right. (They still can try, though.)

Its still from the TP, and Anet's support staff does help in these cases quite often, as it was a large purchase, the first thing the person should do is check if it is possible to be reversed, other people have had it reversed. 

And a confirmation box would be nice for large purchases, if you go above say, 100 gold. Even a checkbox in the options so if you would like the box or not is up to you. 

On the delete item thing, yeah, sometimes that is rather annoying that you have to type the exact items name, that really should be changed to "type delete" or something easy, the moment you see the box is already enough of a warning. If you still delete something you shouldn't after that box appearing, you shouldn't have the item, haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Nope, exchanging items for gold (or reverting the purchase from tp) by using support is just not a thing. Perhaps you should stop making up fake stories.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I wouldn't mind an extra confirmation window for large purchases (more than 100g)

It's unlikely support would help but give it a try. If that fails you can try selling it back though you would lose  tp fees. Maybe with some patience you can make a slight profit. But losing 90 gold isn't as bad as 600

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Given that we're customers, in some cases paying for the service, that's kind of their job. But I'm starting to see a trend with these responses, so moving on.

Yeah, that trend being you making up a story about support reverting your tp transactions, getting called out on it and yet being unable to accept you're wrong and move on, instead pressing for people to spam support with requests that won't be solved. 🙄

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, ewenness.6482 said:

I find it funny that Trading Post interactions involving potentially hundreds of gold require zero confirmation beyond the clicking of one button (which is quite an easy mistake to make due to how incredibly laggy that whole interface is) but we can't delete a big assortment of worthless items without typing out their names first. Very well-thought-out system that we should definitely all defend to our dying breath as well as shame the original poster for suggesting it could perhaps use some change.

Confirmation windows are definitely all over the place. Many exist on low-value items, while none exist in extremely high-value situations. It is perplexing.

• Like 1