Celestial Druid Roamer WvW - Video

Trevor Boyer.6524

Druids in WvW currently struggle in terms of zerg play. All they really do is assist kills with immobs, pump out small support, and barely any meaningful damage. However in small skirmish, 1v1s, and even 1vX, Druid roamer can be quite powerful. This thread is about Celestial Druid outfits after cele was updated with the addition of +concentration and +expertise.

@hobotnicax.7918 

Celestial druid can only run from a true brawler soulbeast, soulbeast is superior in every way.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 

I will quite seriously give you 1000g if you can come on my stream and beat my Celestial Druid setup with any Core Ranger or Soulbeast setup. I'll even let you swap your build multiple times and keep trying as often as you wish until you're done.

I'm in NA servers. Drop me a message if you're interested. Or you know what, we could do it in a Guild Hall. Get at me.

@Khenzy.9348 

Darn it, I would have accepted this challenge but I'm from EU. 1000g would have come in handy. I love stomping overconfident streamers over and over again.

@asterix.9614 

Soulbeast is definitely superior, I have played those tanky kitten druid builds before, and whilst yes I was unkillable, it took quite a while to kill someone 😕 also condi druid should die to a sic em power sb, don't know about the cele druid variant....

@Lan Deathrider.5910 

I'm sure you two can coordinate a time on the weekend that isn't too early/late for either.

Here is your demo. If you want to skip talky talk explanation of build, 19:00 is when combat demo begins. But the footage of it countering Rangers begins at 28:20.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1046707263

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Druids in WvW currently struggle in terms of zerg play. All they really do is assist kills with immobs, pump out small support, and barely any meaningful damage. However in small skirmish, 1v1s, and even 1vX, Druid roamer can be quite powerful. This thread is about Celestial Druid outfits after cele was updated with the addition of +concentration and +expertise.

@hobotnicax.7918 

@Trevor Boyer.6524 

@Khenzy.9348 

@asterix.9614 

@Lan Deathrider.5910 

Here is your demo. If you want to skip talky talk explanation of build, 19:00 is when combat demo begins. But the footage of it countering Rangers begins at 28:20.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1046707263

Not sure why you quoted that statement from me. I'm well aware that there are strong druid builds. I've seen LB+GS variants that do just as well as this video. Those druids play hit and run and get all your CDs blown then hit you with Ancient Seeds or entangle. Celestial is strong on druid, especially after the buff to cele.

• Like 1

If anyone is willing to pay me a transfer to NA and then back to EU, I'll do it.

I wont be able to do it until June 28th onwards though as I'm currently very busy.

In case this ever happens... If I lose, no excuses from me, even with the additional ping, I'll /bow and take it as a gentleman. If I win, you better pay up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

If anyone is willing to pay me a transfer to NA and then back to EU, I'll do it.

I wont be able to do it until June 28th onwards though as I'm currently very busy.

In case this ever happens... If I lose, no excuses from me, even with the additional ping, I'll /bow and take it as a gentleman. If I win, you better pay up.

Just let me know. Drop me an in-game mail if you make it to NA servers and we can do this in someone's guild hall to make it a lot easier.

Why not challenge Boyce on his soulbeast vs your druid? This is where you actually test builds and prove something, against good players.

Asking randoms in forums to duel for gold or whatever isn't a testament to build quality. Most of these people barely scrape gold.

Edited by Tanbin.9402
  • Like 4