It's been over 5 years. Can we remove Enrage Timers already?

On 6/14/2021 at 11:42 AM, Hannelore.8153 said:

Raids wouldn't even be possible without all the powercreep to begin with. If ten players from 2014 Core game stepped foot in a raid, they'd die in a heartbeat, and no amount of skill would be able to overcome the lack of tools neccessary to complete the job. Even now, the same content isn't nothing like it was during HoT release.

May I interest you with that video of 78 level core specs doing whole W1 without hitting enrage timers or gorse updrafts? It's not about the classes and power creep.

https://youtu.be/RgPz0qw7vt8

Edited by CasualElitist.8795
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This has been a raid boss feature since raids came out, but it has done nothing other than alienate players from raids.   This feature actively changes the focus of raids from working togeth

I have a good suggestion for you: Go back to PvE look at the nice views in all of Tyria enjoy the landscape! It is really nice. Also it does not really challenge you and you can just walk through it.

Maybe move the enrage timer to the challenge mode only for players who appreciate an extra challenge.

On 6/14/2021 at 10:42 AM, Hannelore.8153 said:

Currently a player is 2-3x stronger than in pre-HoT era in the same exact gear. With good gear, and a good build and rotation, this is 4-5x or more.

It's not all about when you played but mostly traits and gear choice.
When I came back to play (sept 2019), I took my staff reaper back (ascended trinkets, rest exotic) with a build doing roughly 2k dps (yes with buff).
As i wanted to raid as condi I just swapped traits to scourge then went up to 14k (same kitten gear) and above 19k when having the proper gear (ascended viper, sigil and runes).
Nowadays if people have problem raiding it's most likely that they are like my old staff reaper, in that case my best advise would be for them to put their pride aside and relearn the game. Worked well!

Afraid they won't revisit and make harder content because people like my staff reaper are still common. An option could be to do like wow, putting armor and talents with way fewer choice and close to no wrong choice but in my opinion it would ruin the game.
having tons of armor stats/traits is both gw2 weakness and strength 😉

Edited by Fangoth.4503