Jump to content
  • Sign Up

New stat combination in EOD


Recommended Posts

With recent rise of condition builds, I think we will get a new stat combination in EOD to support those builds. 

I am pretty sure we will get something like 

Condition damage main stat

Expertise sub stat

Concentration sub stat

This will help condition only builds that have support elements in them, just like diviners release for power supports. 

What do you guys think will be the new stat combination we will get with the new expansion? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I realty hope they add in a major crit dmg and minor power / precision something we where told that we could get after they did the major crit dmg update years ago.

 

I am also all for glass healing set up like major power major healing power minor boon duration minor crit dmg with another version where you could get precision over crit dmg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jski.6180 said:

I realty hope they add in a major crit dmg and minor power / precision something we where told that we could get after they did the major crit dmg update years ago.

The major ferocity and minor power/precision will conflict with the berserker stat. The one with major ferocity will be better since all the power builds go for 100% critical rate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Power/Ferocity/Precision/Healing Power

Power/Ferocity/Precision/Expertise

Condition Damage/Expertise/Vitality/Healing Power

Condition Damage/Expertise/Precision/Vitality

 

I'd like to see these.

the bolded attributes are major ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Power/Ferocity/Precision/Healing Power

Power/Ferocity/Precision/Expertise

Condition Damage/Expertise/Vitality/Healing Power

Condition Damage/Expertise/Precision/Vitality

 

I'd like to see these.

the bolded attributes are major ones.

Well I mean for the Condition Damage/Expertise/Vitality/Healing Power plague doctor already exists which only switches expertise for vitality as a major attribute. So i doubt they will add the same attribute combination once more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, skunkstank.6128 said:

Well I mean for the Condition Damage/Expertise/Vitality/Healing Power plague doctor already exists which only switches expertise for vitality as a major attribute. So i doubt they will add the same attribute combination once more.

You mean, like Assassin's and Berserker's, which are the same three attributes, just with different major ones?

So there is a precedent for that.

 

Also, Plaguedoctor has Concentration on it, not Expertise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be interesting to see full condi sets (Condition Damage, Expertise, Precision 3 set - or any 4 set combination of Condition Damage major with Expertise, Precision and Vitality as second Major and Minors.

 

Even the most dedicated Condi sets so far have always been technically power hybrids, benefitting some Professions and Builds a lot more than others. 

 

Agree on a condi Diviner variant (Condition Damage, Concentration, Expertise, Precision, or if that Trades too little damage, Condition Damage, Concentration, Expertise).

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stavros.8249 said:

The major ferocity and minor power/precision will conflict with the berserker stat. The one with major ferocity will be better since all the power builds go for 100% critical rate. 

A lot of new combos would conflict with the current combos the point is to give more chose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't know, some mix-ups based on already existing stat sets might be pretty darn fun.

Seraph is a rather fringe stat set, but imagine precision and healing power swapping places. Major Condi damage and Healing Power with precision and concentration minors.
It would become a very alluring stat set for daredevil healers that are willing to be completely squishy in exchange for having both solid damage and healing output sprinkled with boon duration.

Plaguedoctor receving same treatment will 99% not happen. It'd be too busted. Even as a minor vitality would make you pretty surviviable while having very solid condi and healing output topped off with nice boon duration. Give me that and you'll need national guard to move me from healer/support spot in groups ;]

Constrictor's  - that's a pun on viper gear 😉 Take good old viper gear and swap out expertise for vitality. Viper's stronger focus on condi would be gone, with more survival instead. Now this gear would be equally good for hybrid builds that excel at getting ferocity on their own as well as those that excel at getting expertise/condi duration for themselves.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

I don't know, some mix-ups based on already existing stat sets might be pretty darn fun.

Seraph is a rather fringe stat set, but imagine precision and healing power swapping places. Major Condi damage and Healing Power with precision and concentration minors.
It would become a very alluring stat set for daredevil healers that are willing to be completely squishy in exchange for having both solid damage and healing output sprinkled with boon duration.

Plaguedoctor receving same treatment will 99% not happen. It'd be too busted. Even as a minor vitality would make you pretty surviviable while having very solid condi and healing output topped off with nice boon duration. Give me that and you'll need national guard to move me from healer/support spot in groups ;]

Constrictor's  - that's a pun on viper gear 😉 Take good old viper gear and swap out expertise for vitality. Viper's stronger focus on condi would be gone, with more survival instead. Now this gear would be equally good for hybrid builds that excel at getting ferocity on their own as well as those that excel at getting expertise/condi duration for themselves.

 

Yeah, I can see your tweaks to Seraph and Plaguedoctor as being very appealing to scourges too - condi damage and lots of barriers...what's not to like!

 

Re your "Constrictor's" idea, that combo already exists in game (!), but as a PvP-only one with the prefix "Wizard's".  I once tried (pre the recent change to bleeding for thief) to make a poison daredevil D/D build using a rune of Thorns.  Wizard gear would actually have been OK for that character setup, but I made do with carrion.  It was....passable...but not great.  Now, of course, with the thief bleed changes, going for a traditional condi+expertise sets works better than my idea would have.

 

Regarding the addition of more sets to PvE, I wonder if Anet will use some of the PvP-only sets in PvE.  I'd probably find a use for Sage's (Power+Condi, (Vitality+Healing)) on my tempest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Power/Ferocity/Precision/Healing Power

Power/Ferocity/Precision/Expertise

Condition Damage/Expertise/Vitality/Healing Power

Condition Damage/Expertise/Precision/Vitality

 

I'd like to see these.

the bolded attributes are major ones.

 

I'd like to add something with both healing power and expertise, but without the condition damage to that list. Basically a support set more focused on dishing out debilitating conditions as opposed to boons. Niche, but some professions are more about weakening enemies and less about farting out boons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment we have 2 Stat "Versions" and Celestial.

The first since Core GW2 is one Main Stat and two Off stats.

Mainstat, Offstat, Offstat

Or in Numbers (Greatsword):

251 Power, 179 Precision, 179 Ferocity

(609 Stat Points)

 

Then with Addons we got Two Main Stats and two Off Stats, but with Main Stat not as high as the three stats only Gear.

Mainstat, Mainstat, Offstat, Offstat

Or in Numbers (Greatsword):

215 Power, 215 Precision, 118 Vitality, 118 Ferocity

(666 Stat Points) Hail Satan!

+59 Stat Points compared to 3 stat gear

 

So for the Addon i would expect maybe something like Equip with a High Mainstat and three lower Offstats. Where maybe the Mainstat is as high as in the Core Gear with 3 stats, but with offstats lower.

Mainstat, Offstat, Offstat, Offstat

Could be something like

251 Power, 157 Precision, 157 Vitality, 157 Ferocity

(723 Stat Points)

+59 Stat Points compared to existing 4 stat gear.

 

Or Maybe we will even get 5 stat Gear with 2 Mainstats and 3 offstats.

Mainstat, Mainstat, Offstat, Offstat, Offstat

Something like

215 Power, 215 Condition Damage, 97 Precision, 97 Ferocity, 97 Expertise

 

Or 1 really high Mainstat and 4 Offstats

Mainstat, Offstat, Offstat, Offstat, Offstat

Something like:

251 Condition Damage, 118 Power, 118 Precision, 118 Ferocity, 118 Expertise

 

 

The Four- or Five-Stat Gear would not only be good for pure DPS classes but it would also allow people to to build something Tanky that still does decent damage or a healer that does some DPS too.

For Tanks equip with "Toughness, Vitality, Heal, Concentration, Power/Condition" would be nice or for Healers something like "Heal, Concentration, Power Precision, Ferocity" or "Heal, Concentration, Condition Damage, Expertise".

 

 

Or maybe we will get a new Stat. Remember that concentration and expertise werent in the game when gw2 was released. So maybe we get something completely new.

Here are some suggestions:

Mastery: Your highest Stat is improved by a certain percentage. If more than one Stat is the highest the percent are split between the highest stats. (For example highest stat gets +10% or 5 highest stats get +2% each).

Speed: Increases Attack Speed

Doublestrike: Attacks have a % Chance to hit the enemy twice

Absorb: Some % of incoming Damage is delayed and evenly applied to you over the next 3 Seconds

Heal-DPS: If you heal a target enemies around that target take damage equal to some % of the heal.

Edited by Blumpf.2518
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Curunen.8729 said:

I would also like to see either 5 or 6 stat gear to bridge the gap between 4 stat and cele at 9 stat.

We even have a way to have combos like that too with the old off ascended combos of the mix combos like Bud of the Pale Tree.

 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bud_of_the_Pale_Tree

 

Where we could have a 4 combo but with an added very minor +18 to something mix.

 

I love to see that 1 major (from a 4 set) 2 in-between 1 minor and 1 very minor.

Example: 133 power 80 armor 80 healing power 71 crit dmg and 18 Precision

Just an example off the top of my head i do not know if these numbers even fit the though is to have the major at the same level as an 4 set the in-between would be less then the major but higher then the minor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a power based set with expertise most definitely, maybe a few to be honest.

Power/Expertise/Precision/Ferocity, Power/Precision/Expertise/Ferocity, Power/Precision/Expertise, Power/Toughness/Expertise, and Power/Vitality/Expertise all need to happen. (Major stat(s) listed first)

 

We also need a batch of Power runes with condition duration reduction. Almost all of the condition duration reduction runes are condition damage based.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...