Permanent stealth inside objectives needs counterplay, please.

10 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

No thanks. We like hunting down the last of the bags that are still inside like the trapped rats they are.

Shhh, that's a bug and was a quiet one until you said something.

Trapped? they can't run up the same stairs as you?

Bugs should be reported, or are you trying to exploit stuff?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to summarize what you just wrote: "If the thief you are facing is an idiot, you have a good chance to counter them". No kitten.   If a thief WANTS to remains undetected for an

target painter and target painter trap are a pain in the kitten but a thief can usually outrun any followup. reveal? de elite says hi watchtower tactic is effective but cmon... this shouldnt

Hello. I'm playing for almost two years, mostly WvW, yet i have not found any counterplay for enemy thieves sitting in towers, aside of bringing entire blob to smoke them out. If i'm just mi

2 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Trapped? they can't run up the same stairs as you?

Bugs should be reported, or are you trying to exploit stuff?

The number of players that try to run out the front gate (which obviously won't let them) is more than I can count vs. the ones that try and leave by stairs.

Pretty sure that bug's been reported ages ago. So a little bit of both.

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 3:05 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

But gw2efficiency statistics literally mean nothing.

It's not even be slightly reflective of the games population.

It's a no-brainer to dismiss that site's data when considering the game's health.

Did you fail statistics or are you still in high school and haven't reached it yet? 

While it's true that smaller sample sizes result in sampling errors when trying to figure the true percentage (think 10 coin flips and you get 6 heads and 4 tails. That doesn't mean heads is 60% chance) gw2efficeny is our best source of data of people who are *actually* playing this game (you can check achievement statistics too. 144k people have finished the first chapter of icebrood saga which is 150k players who've logged in, in the last 2 years thats not the actual population playing game, but it is a sizeable amount). That 11 million number thrown around earlier I find extremely dubious. How many of those are alt accounts? The only number I would consider to be wrong is the rev number. Because rev is locked behind HoT and while the majority of people on GW2 efficency are people who've bought the expansions, we don't see the numbers of actual free to play players. You are throwing out the sample data of 300,000 players because you don't like it? Or because it goes against your argument?

It takes a real certain type of person to just say "you're wrong and all of this data is also wrong and I don't have to prove myself". 

So lets use the wayback machine (a machine that caches old website pages).  Using the wayback machine the earliest version of the player statistics we can find is Nov 19th 2019. Is a year and a half good enough for you? Heres the difference between 2019-today for Profession characters

Class         -       2019       -    2021

Guard               12.38%   -    12.60%

Warrior           12.11%  -   11.91%

Necromancer  11.71% -   11.91%

Ranger             11.70%  -   11.75%

Mesmer           11.52%  -   11.31%

Elementalist    11.21%  -   10.98%

Thief                  11.02%  -  10.89%

Rev                     9.49%    -   9.82%

Engineer            8.86%   -   8.83%

Playtime hours match this same trend as well I'll post thief's here if you want but rest you can see for yourself  2019: 10.18%   2021: 9.90%     this means that there are less thiefs today, than there were 2 years ago.  

However if all of this is still not good enough for you I can link a player run census back in 2018 which near perfectly mirrors the results we see in 2019.  I'm a big data analytics guy and it really annoys me when people just ignore the data given to them because it doesn't fit into their argument. 

Edited by Spirit Ritulist.9315
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Spirit Ritulist.9315 said:

Did you fail statistics or are you still in high school and haven't reached it yet?

Do you fail to see that gw2efficiency only has data from people who actively bothered to register of whom most are people interested in being efficient at the game?

It has hardly any from casuals who care nothing for efficiency nor to register there.

Thus, it's at best a vertical slice of the higher end players, with hardly any data from the biggest bulk of the playerbase that didn't bother to register.

It ought to be obvious why it's not viable to use as a representative for the entire playerbase.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Do you fail to see that gw2efficiency only, has data from people who actively bothered to register of whom mostly are people interested in being efficient at the game?

It has hardly any from casuals who care nothing for efficiency nor to register there.

Thus, it's at best a vertical slice of the higher end players, with hardly any data from the biggest bulk of the playerbase that didn't bother to register.

It ought to be obvious, why it's not viable to use as a representative for the entire playerbase.

I don't personally feel people use gw2efficeny for that, but perhaps I am an outlier. I don't think you actually understand what this website is used for. Or why people even use it.

However that does not explain why the player census (done on the subreddit) matches these results. What does efficiency have to do with deciding to play a class. And you're also making the assumption that everyone who signs up to this website does so the minute they started playing this game.  What do they join this website realize being a thief is inefficient and then delete their thief? 

There is absolutely not a single thing connected between playing efficiently and playing certain classes. Even if we assumed it was connected you would still be wrong. Power shortbow thief, flamethrower engineer are some of the most efficient classes you could possibly play in all of PvE capable of tagging the most mobs. Lootstick guardian use to be the best till it got nerfed because it was too good. Additionally warrior should not be this high if we are talking efficency, its bad in nearly every mode.