Use for 2nd [Endless Fractal Challenge Mote Tonic]

Hi!
I just got my second Endless Fractal Challenge Mote Tonic, and I don't know what to do with it, except destroy it for the waste of its inventory space.

Can we maybe get a trader or something, that trades this for something usefull like fractal relics or fractal skins?
It feel's a little feeble for the last community goal reward to be something you just trash.

What did you do with yours?

• Like 1

I do find it pretty weird that they offered the same reward two rushes in a row considering that said reward is an account unlock. Like sure, make previous rewards available for people who come after - that's what they've done with the others by adding them to the event vendor - but why give the same thing to people who already have it knowing they won't be able to do anything with it?

Being able to trade it in for fractal currency or fractal-related crafting materials of some kind would be nice.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to tell you what I did with mine! It's in the bank hoard next to the 250 Marsh Frogs, the Stuffed Bear, and the Gift From Scarlet where it will stay until the next time I organize and wonder why I kept 75% of what's in there.

Edited by AgentMoore.9453
  • Haha 2

On 6/8/2021 at 1:14 AM, HotDelirium.7984 said:

The person in charge of rewards and loot needs some...assistance. These last releases just aren't it- from the eye infusions to a portal key directly to the fractals? I don't think any of us are starving for the 2 silver it takes to travel to Lion's Arch.

I took one look at the reward, and thought -- Nah, I'm good -- and went back to WvW (or would have liked to, but it's Mag week for us, so playing other games instead). I don't understand why someone thought that was a good reward for completing 100 Fractals.

Edited by Bristingr.5034
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

I don't understand why someone thought that was a good reward for completing 100 Fractals.

Small thing, but it's actually 100 turned in fractal trophies, not 100 completions. Each fractal had an assigned amount of trophies it would give per run, so running the Nightmare fractal (which gave 4) would only have required 25 completions. Some people ran way more than that for the bonus loot boxes, but it wasn't necessary.

This rush also introduced a new ascended fractal trinket and a teleport scroll (which for some reason puts you outside the fractal portal instead of inside the hub itself), so maybe those were intended to be the true 'reward' this time around. Doesn't make the re-used tonic any less weird as a meta reward though.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 3:56 PM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

This rush also introduced a new ascended fractal trinket and a teleport scroll (which for some reason puts you outside the fractal portal instead of inside the hub itself), so maybe those were intended to be the true 'reward' this time around. Doesn't make the re-used tonic any less weird as a meta reward though.

Makes sense that way - if it ported you directly into the hub, you'd have to port out and back in again to join a group (unless you're the one starting it). Dropping you just outside the gate will give you the prompt instead.

It does kinda screw over those who forked out for the Lion's Arch scroll (who's only use now is the mystic forge), but more practical than porting you inside. (really hate the fact that you have to leave your instance of the hub to join a group...and sometimes you can get kicked for being too slow to join theirs)

• 3 weeks later...