Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Taking 16k from True Shot on a heavy class. This is not ok.


Recommended Posts

Only way you hot hit by a 16k true shot on heavy is you had about 25 stacks of vuln and they had about 25 stacks of might, and had the sword artifact.

Even then I doubt it. 

 

Still True Shot can hit for 10k-11k on light armor if they're tethered + you use it in the right buff window (10% dmg after using a virtue + resolution).

Though that's because LB's dmg is all in True Shot and somewhat in Hunter's Ward (which is 40 sec cd). So it's very similair to Ranger's LB in that regard. 

The difference is True Shot is hit or miss, while Rapid Fire is more consistent but less spiky (unless you use quickness).

 

Thing is LB DH builds for pure dmg, and has very limited survivability and mobility. It has 11k health, shouldn't it have dmg if it sacrifices everything else for it?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ellesee.8297 said:

If you did get hit by a 16k true shot, you must've had chain on you. Wake up and dodge the most obvious setup in the history of the game. 

Yea, trapper stealth then F1 is soo kittening obvious.

Also, precast F1 at range then port is also very kittening obvious.

Edited by Crozame.4098
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Yea, trapper stealth then F1 is soo kittening obvious.

Also, precast F1 at range then port is also very kittening obvious.

If f1 was deleting people, you might be onto something.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16k True shots? 

 

I've played that build, and even when dropping trapper for scholar runes, a high crit for me is in the 13k range against a medium armor class. This is asuming the enemy is chained and most of my modifiers (including +20% damage from aegis and seperation sigils) are active. 

 

How are these guys hitting 16k? 

 

I'm genuinely curious, because if that's just... a normal thing that's happening right now, I'm doing something very wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

16k True shots? 

 

I've played that build, and even when dropping trapper for scholar runes, a high crit for me is in the 13k range against a medium armor class. This is asuming the enemy is chained and most of my modifiers (including +20% damage from aegis and seperation sigils) are active. 

 

How are these guys hitting 16k? 

 

I'm genuinely curious, because if that's just... a normal thing that's happening right now, I'm doing something very wrong. 

I managed to pull it off once, although I'm almost sure I hit someone without armor. I recommend OP to check if the char taking that damage has a full set of armor on.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Quadox.7834 said:

can be coliseum buff or even niflhel beast buff

On a heavy class it crits for about 8k-9k with all the modifiers lining up.

So even coliseum buff won't cut it, needs high stacks of vuln/might do achieve this. It's not something a DH can do on its own.

My only guess is it's probably using scholars, or dragon hunter runes to stack might, but I'm not sure how a high vuln stack would be possible. Maybe the reveal trap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Emapudapus.1307 said:

I have been hit for 13k not chained or any buff or more than 15 vuln (light armour) + from stealth. Even if its not 16k, amount of dmg undodgeable from stealth/los teleport is just absurd.

The they weren't using the tether trait, probably the dmg on CC trait.

I agree that the True Shot shouldn't be inviaible from stealth, though it's rarely what gets most kills for the spec.

 

Moat of my kills are against players who probably don't know DH very well, get pulled to traps easily or take True Shots to the face (without stealthing them).

It's very similair to Ranger or Deadeye gameplay. The only reason people complain about DH and not about them is because it's popular now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How can things be tanky? The genious devs removed all the tank and heal amulets didnt they? Their genious, their solutions to pvp, and understanding of skills and combat cant he challanged right?  If you think about it, the next solution is to remove all vitality from amulets that should solve all the problems right? Lol

 

Things are working as intended or they would have changed it my now. This scourge/necro meta is the will of the devs. Imo

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was not on Colosseum and I didn't have the tether on me or high vuln. I may have been in berserk mode but I can't remember. death breakdown in this game sucks but it doesn't lie. 15,999dmg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ellesee.8297 said:

If f1 was deleting people, you might be onto something.

I am simply saying that in many cases, against people who know how to play, it is quite hard to dodge the F1, -- because can cast it in stealth or pre-cast from far and them port. Therefore, it is not " most obvious setup in the history of the game. "

 

Again, you are assuming others are as simple minded as you are, try to think one step further...

Edited by Crozame.4098
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ellesee.8297 said:

You dont need to dodge the f1. You need to dodge after the f1. True shot is the burst. F1 is the setup and omegaobvious when you have it on you.. Simple minded.

Do you even think before you post something?
It's like playing against teef with stealth: he is stealthed, so that means you will use every evade in the entire game within that stealth time frame to evade teef attack? You know that teef may or may not attack you from stealth at all, he could just do something else like dance or read a book, there isn't written any rule that says "I SMASH ATTACK IN 0.1s AFTER I ENTER STEALTH". Same goes in this situation as well, DH may or may not use that specific skills right after F1 has hit opponent, he could pull you, attack you with that True Shot or just pewpew you with something completely different or even just kite around you, there's so many possibilities in that situation. 
Dodging F1 would reduce quite a bit of enemy potential in the future, but that's a bit too much foresight for "simple minded" I guess.
 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

don't move the goalposts. the op was complaining about being deleted with a true shot. the way the build works is you stack as many +damage% amplifiers as possible and then true shot, one of which (and the largest one) is being tethered to the target. if you get pulled, you're not getting smacked with a 16k true shot, which by the way, is an unbelievable amount of damage to be hit by. unbelievable as in not believable. 

 

the DH cannot restealth after hitting an F1 from stealth because of revealed. if he does, he loses a damage amp which weakens true shot. if the DH holds off on true shot to bait a dodge, that's a damage amp removed. also keep in mind this is an 11k hp no toughness build as well. something something get good.

Edited by ellesee.8297
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

This was not on Colosseum and I didn't have the tether on me or high vuln. I may have been in berserk mode but I can't remember. death breakdown in this game sucks but it doesn't lie. 15,999dmg.

Even with berserk mode I doubt it. You sure the death breakdown didn't show you dmg of 2 True Shots combined?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ellesee.8297 said:

the DH cannot restealth after hitting an F1 from stealth because of revealed. if he does, he loses a damage amp which weakens true shot. if the DH holds off on true shot to bait a dodge, that's a damage amp removed.

 

Just curious. We talking about Retribution/Righteous instincts for this damage amp? Because resolution access to a guard is plentiful. It doesn't just have to be the three second application you get from using the tether while running Virtue of Resolution. there are a number of other buttons you can press to give yourself additional resolution if that 3 second window doesn't suffice, most of which do not reveal you. Correct me if I am wrong.

 

In fact, it looks like waiting to use true shot on a tethered opponent actually grants you a minor damage bonus if you take Righteous instincts for every second you hold off while holding resolution. 

 

You're framing this like the DH has to immediately shoot you after tether to get ridiculous crits when any time during that tether window (as long as they apply resolution to themselves before the projectile hits) would also suffice. 

 

If the guardian tethers you from stealth (which makes the tether extremely difficult to evade), he has 7 seconds of tether time to decide when that true shot will land. If he tethers you the moment stealth expires and doesn't proc revealed on himself, he has ten. Yes? 

 

 

12 hours ago, ellesee.8297 said:

also keep in mind this is an 11k hp no toughness build as well. something something get good.

 

The other two 11k hp classes have less mitigation baked in than DH on this build (including thief and its derivatives) and have to be closer to do their big damage (or in the case of DE, announce both their target well before their burst and the actual burst when it is launched).  They were also harder than DH to play, and got nerfed anyway. Why would having 11k hp and no toughness excuse this? That's not new or special. 

 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

 

Just curious. We talking about Retribution/Righteous instincts for this damage amp? Because resolution access to a guard is plentiful. It doesn't just have to be the three second application you get from using the tether while running Virtue of Resolution. there are a number of other buttons you can press to give yourself additional resolution if that 3 second window doesn't suffice, most of which do not reveal you. Correct me if I am wrong.

 

In fact, it looks like waiting to use true shot on a tethered opponent actually grants you a minor damage bonus if you take Righteous instincts for every second you hold off while holding resolution. 

 

You're framing this like the DH has to immediately shoot you after tether to get ridiculous crits when any time during that tether window (as long as they apply resolution to themselves before the projectile hits) would also suffice. 

 

If the guardian tethers you from stealth (which makes the tether extremely difficult to evade), he has 7 seconds of tether time to decide when that true shot will land. If he tethers you the moment stealth expires and doesn't proc revealed on himself, he has ten. Yes? 

 

 

 

The other two 11k hp classes have less mitigation baked in than DH on this build (including thief and its derivatives) and have to be closer to do their big damage (or in the case of DE, announce both their target well before their burst and the actual burst when it is launched).  They were also harder than DH to play, and got nerfed anyway. Why would having 11k hp and no toughness excuse this? That's not new or special. 

 

 

You don't have resources that give resolution that you can regulary use for the dmg boost but spear of justice. If it's mid fight you probably have enough resolution to not worry about it. But as a ganking from stealth type scenario it's less likely.

Also one of the reasons you realy want to shoot True Shot afap after spear is because most players trt to break the tether or LoS it, and you also try to line it up with Aegis and max range. 

The average True Shot hits for 6k or so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 4:23 AM, DanSH.6143 said:

Only way you hot hit by a 16k true shot on heavy is you had about 25 stacks of vuln and they had about 25 stacks of might, and had the sword artifact.

Even then I doubt it. 

 

Still True Shot can hit for 10k-11k on light armor if they're tethered + you use it in the right buff window (10% dmg after using a virtue + resolution).

Though that's because LB's dmg is all in True Shot and somewhat in Hunter's Ward (which is 40 sec cd). So it's very similair to Ranger's LB in that regard. 

The difference is True Shot is hit or miss, while Rapid Fire is more consistent but less spiky (unless you use quickness).

 

Thing is LB DH builds for pure dmg, and has very limited survivability and mobility. It has 11k health, shouldn't it have dmg if it sacrifices everything else for it?

Man I rarely land a 16k TS in full berserk gear... in pve. The avg TS critic in spvp barely scratches 4K. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 True Shot scales better and has more base damage than gunflame on Berserker it almost outcompetes 30 adrenaline kill shot with only about 100 base damage less and 1.91 scale vs 2.0

 

Food for thought

 

Edited by Tycura.1982
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...