Remember when no one wanted mounts?

ANet laughed at you lot, then introduced mounts anyway. Now all of you are buying the newest mount skins on release.

So hopefully for the newest expansion, dueling will make an appearance. If it did, people would just accept it over time anyway and the loudest voices would eventually start enjoying it too 🙂

BRING DUELING AND GUILD WARS ALREADY ANET, IT'S BEEN TOO kitten LONG

Edited by Razor.6392
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 18
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 3

As long as it's completely optional and in no way intrusive to casual players (i.e. trolls/hardcore PvPers can't spam duel requests), I would be fine with it. Unfortunately, the latter would be very difficult to achieve realistically, so I really doubt any form of large-scale open world dueling would be implemented further than niche 1v1 PvP only arenas that would be restricted to small areas. Even that seems like it would be an unwise use of resources this late into the game, where other, much more widely demanded features, like player housing, new races, etc. would be far more profitable to develop. 

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, Poormany.4507 said:

As long as it's completely optional and in no way intrusive to casual players (i.e. trolls/hardcore PvPers can't spam duel requests), I would be fine with it. Unfortunately, the latter would be very difficult to achieve realistically, so I really doubt any form of large-scale open world dueling would be implemented further than niche 1v1 PvP only arenas that would be restricted to small areas.

It's so easy actually

1. Can't duel if there's an active dynamic event in the area.

2. Duels requests have a non intrusive UI that has a checkbox at the bottom that reads "automatically decline future duel requests from this user".

3. You can disable duel requests altogether in options.

4. Dueling invites have a cooldown of 20 seconds.

5. Dueling cannot be initiated by F2P players.

I see so little open world griefing whenever I do events anyway, there's no need to be scared. The reasons to troll others in this game are practically non existent.

Edited by Razor.6392
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Razor.6392 said:

Now all of you are buying the newest mount skins on release.

Nope, haven't bought any.

But was never opposed to mounts. Not sure why you'd think the people that didn't want them would though.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Razor.6392 said:

You must be new then.

I have to back up the poster you are answering to.

I don't know a single person who did not want mounts and i am playing since GW1 just to clarify the "you must be new".

Beside that, i know  a bunch of people who hates the idea of dueling.

But i have a tip for you. There are symbols on top of the screen. One of them is sending you to the PvP section.

If you spend some time there you get familiar enough to find a mode called SPvP.

Those people over there figured out how to duell. I'm sure the nice peeps over there can help you further with how to duell in GW2

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

As long as there is an auto-decline option for duel requests, I won't mind Arenanet introducing it to the game.

Which does nothing to prevent that annoying person from running in circles around you, waving, jumping up and down... I've had that kind of harassment already in WvW with no dueling option in the game.

Add my tick mark to the "no" column.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Which does nothing to prevent that annoying person from running in circles around you, waving, jumping up and down... I've had that kind of harassment already in WvW with no dueling option in the game.

I'm just shocked at this. You are admitting that having an option to auto-deny would change nothing as you've been harassed already, yet you're still against it?

If it doesn't affect you then why do you oppose it? It seems these 'trolls' don't need a special feature to live in your head rent free so where's the difference?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Agreed. And the insistence of the op that we will all love it if we are forced to be exposed to it does nothing to change my opinion, nor does the way they seem to attack any other opinion as fear-based, or scared. It's just ... weird.

At any rate, there's a reason GW2 isn't WoW. I hope it stays that way.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Razor.6392 said:

I'm just shocked at this. You are admitting that having an option to auto-deny would change nothing as you've been harassed already, yet you're still against it?

If it doesn't affect you then why do you oppose it? It seems these 'trolls' don't need a special feature to live in your head rent free so where's the difference?

The difference is that it could then happen anywhere. The "no duel" option can be turned off, so the goal of the annoying dueler is to get you to turn it off so they can have their fun.

This topic has already been beaten to death, resurrected, and beaten to death many times. Just read the monthly posts on this for the same tired pros and cons.

Edited by DeanBB.4268
added quote
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Danger Ferret.6342 said:

Agreed. And the insistence of the op that we will all love it if we are forced to be exposed to it does nothing to change my opinion, nor does the way they seem to attack any other opinion as fear-based, or scared. It's just ... weird.

At any rate, there's a reason GW2 isn't WoW. I hope it stays that way.

The thing is that if people want to troll around, they can do it - and they will continue doing it (even though it's super rare in pve).

Dueling does not give them any new tools to do this. Nor does it make your experience any less pleasant if you completely block it out. It's a non existent argument with zero basis, that's why I say that.

I've played this game for 9 years, I have never encountered anyone in pve that would follow me, ruin my events or talk trash in a whisper. Mind you that this hasn't happened in PUG dungeons, fractals and such either.

Could you please list examples about why would anyone try to do this in pve? Wvw has the biggest no life trolls that can track you on stealth for HOURS on end, I'll give you that, but pve is not wvw.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Razor.6392 said:

I am pretty sure people oppose it because they don't want anything PvP related in their PvE mode.

Why do you try to push so hard for a mode that is despised by 99% of the game population is far beyond me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

That's still better than having that kind of harassment on top of constant duel request spam harassment.

And seeing how the PvP waiting screen blocks you out of playing the game with your mouse,

duel requests could work similar and thus be a far greater annoyance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

The difference is that it could then happen anywhere. The "no duel" option can be turned off, so the goal of the annoying dueler is to get you to turn it off so they can have their fun.

This topic has already been beaten to death, resurrected, and beaten to death many times. Just read the monthly posts on this for the same tired pros and cons.

No, there is no difference because there's literally zero trolling in pve lol.

Instanced content is different, good thing mutes and blocks exist though. But it's fine, I understand if an animated character following you around could somehow make you lose sleep. I concede. The cons are too strong.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

I am pretty sure people oppose it because they don't want anything PvP related in their PvE mode.

Why do you try to push so hard for a mode that is despised by 99% of the game population is far beyond me.

Reading this topic shows the opposite. Most people are just deathly afraid of getting trolled.

• Confused 4

4 hours ago, Razor.6392 said:

Could you please list examples about why would anyone try to do this in pve? Wvw has the biggest no life trolls that can track you on stealth for HOURS on end, I'll give you that, but pve is not wvw.

I’m wondering if you’re the one who’s new. 😉 Someone follows me on these boards and puts a ‘confused’ face on all my posts. Why? Because I put him on ignore.

Certain people do certain things because they have nothing else to do. And if you hurt their feelings, they’ll try to hurt yours because of some perceived slight.

Yes, it’s pathetic, but welcome to the Internet 2021.

Edited by Ardenwolfe.8590
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That's still better than having that kind of harassment on top of constant duel request spam harassment.

And seeing how the PvP waiting screen blocks you out of playing the game with your mouse,

duel requests could work similar and thus be a far greater annoyance.

Yeah good thing the requests could be blocked, just like you can mute people. Should we remove whispering too? I mean you can mute them but nobody has time for that.

"And seeing how the PvP waiting screen blocks you out of playing the game with your mouse,"

Now we're speculating and using that as an argument. Do commanders ready checks disable your mouse?

1 minute ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

I'm starting to wonder if you're the one that's new. That said, I have someone following me on these boards and putting a 'confused' face on all my posts. Why? Because I put him on ignore.

Certain people do certain things because they have nothing better to do. And if you hurt their feelings, they'll go out of their way to try to hurt yours due to some perceived slight.

Yes, it's pathetic and a waste of time, but welcome to the Internet 2021.

Since everyone here is so good at letting their imagination and speculations run wild, I would like you to give me an example of an interaction that could potentially lead a loser to follow you for hours (even though map changes are instant and they cannot track you).

Leave raids and fractals out of this, I'm talking specifically about open world stuff because this is about open world dueling.

Once you've done that, explain how will dueling exacerbate this issue if you have already blocked them.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Why do you care this much? But sure. I’ve had people in PvE switch accounts after I blocked them to call me a coward for refusing to duel. I’ve had those same people ask their guild and friends to spam me with chicken noises. And I’ve had people follow me around and drag mobs to my location to attack me. Let's not even discuss mesmers using portals on specific locations to kill you.

Yes, it’s easy to troll people in PvE if you’ve had practice.

Edited by Ardenwolfe.8590
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Why you care this much? But sure. I’ve had people in PvE switch accounts after I blocked them to call me a coward for refusing to duel. I’ve had those same people ask their guild and friends to spam me with chicken noises. And I’ve had people follow me around and drag mobs to my location to attack me.

Yes, it’s easy to troll people in PvE if you’ve had practice.

But why tho? What did you do?

I'm genuinely curious because it does not compute to me. Everyone is an ally in open world pve. I can see this happening if you screw up a mechanic in a raid or fractal, but there's no way a single person can screw up a world meta or whatever dynamic event so much that would cause others to stalk them for a long time.

Even if it happened, it's so easy to nullify and shake it off, I could think of 10 different ways lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2