Full worlds changes

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks,

We've been reviewing the situation on NA of having most worlds at "Full" status. As a result, we've decided to make some changes in the math that determines when a world is full. You'll notice that there are a lot fewer full servers now.

We'll be keeping an eye on things in case there are big unintended consequences.

Thanks for your patience!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

Hey folks,

We've been reviewing the situation on NA of having most worlds at "Full" status. As a result, we've decided to make some changes in the math that determines when a world is full. You'll notice that there are a lot fewer full servers now.

We'll be keeping an eye on things in case there are big unintended consequences.

Thanks. It didn't make sure to cap servers with lower populations than the truly full servers, because there's no chance those freshly capped servers would be able to catch up.

5 hours ago, Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

Hey folks,

To accommodate this, did you also raise the map queue cut off amount? If so what is the cutoff before a map is queued in WvW now?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

From 16 full.. to 8 full... 13 very high... and 3 high....

At this point you might as well go back to one cost to transfer.

Yeah that'd be good, it cost me 1,800 gems to go from my now full server to a very high server, much more expensive then I thought it'd be.. I mean I been waiting to move to sos for a very long time and it is worth it, even if its super expensive... but would have been nice to save a lil 🙂

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

To accommodate this, did you also raise the map queue cut off amount? If so what is the cutoff before a map is queued in WvW now?

As much as I'd love to get more people into maps, and be able to get into maps easier I have a feeling the game's infra wont handle it. You get more two blob/queue sized fights atm (aka, all three servers have a queue on EBG) on EBG with siege and the server starts to lag. I'd rather sit in queue and be able to play the game once I'm actually in. Game is already laggy enough outside NA/EU.

Edited by def.7435
  • Confused 1

Makes zero sense that 2 of the NA T1 servers who have tons of people on them (also a notoriously packed server that starts with an M) are not considered full.

My server is TC and we are still considered full....we DEFINITELY are not.

This is purely a money grab move. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Even when good things happen, people complain? 😛

People are complaining because they just paid 1800 gems to transfer to link servers so they could continue playing with the people they grew attached to over the previous 2 months. That anet waited to do this until transfers slowed down shows it's a money grab, they could've made this change before the relink.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RisenHowl.2419 said:

People are complaining because they just paid 1800 gems to transfer to link servers so they could continue playing with the people they grew attached to over the previous 2 months. That anet waited to do this until transfers slowed down shows it's a money grab, they could've made this change before the relink.

In Gorem's case, he transferred to host to run with a large pack that just fights doors/walls and tower/keep lords.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

Hey folks,

Good change, but could you guys also look at the lower end of the servers too?  0 medium servers for months now and only 3 high servers.  If we want population to even out, then people need cheap alternatives to move a guild to. 

36 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Even when good things happen, people complain? 😛

I mean you complained and then got what you wanted in transferring to the killer doors servers, the other guy complained and wants to get into 99.999999% never opens full server.

So yeah I guess one of the two wouldn't be happy?

2 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

In Gorem's case, he transferred to host to run with a large pack that just fights doors/walls and tower/keep lords.

I can only assume Gorem transferred for the same reason I did..to play on a server that's known to have people in his timezone (well that's a big part of it for me anyway - the other part being that my guild is based on SoS)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

The salt and rage that you people bring as we get more pvp kills then your entire server and more wxp and ppt and plan months ahead better then your server, is extremely delicious 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Pacificterror.7805 said:

I can only assume Gorem transferred for the same reason I did..to play on a server that's known to have people in his timezone (well that's a big part of it for me anyway - the other part being that my guild is based on SoS)

Yup this pretty much! I live in Australia so SoS is the server to be!  Both my guilds are SoS.

9 hours ago, RisenHowl.2419 said:

I waited for it to open, so no cash grab either on my case, why transfer to newly linked servers? If you do that to "Stay with your link" That's a never ending process that just costs you hundreds of dollars or thousands of gold.. per person and that is your choice to make. Its better always to be patient. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

The salt and rage that you people bring as we get more pvp kills then your entire server and more wxp and ppt and plan months ahead better then your server, is extremely delicious 🙂

You guys fight many guilds at that time?

On 6/7/2021 at 10:50 PM, Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

Hey folks,

Cool, maybe you can do the same thing for EU?