Superspeed stacks up to 10 seconds - bad for strategic gameplay

10 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

It's what the guilds want.

It's funny though, cause it feels like they're so afraid to nerf scrappers, but had no qualms about nerfing mesmer/chrono/mirage 10ft into the ground with sledgehammer nerfs.

🤪

Well, they did do a pretty large nerf to Purity of Purpose, which means less boons overall to entire squads, especially if they take the other talents. And competent groups already had superspeed on the entire time, all this does is makes it easier to do so for everyone.  Looking at it that way, they nerfed Scrapper as well 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

That wasn't a large nerf, not even close to losing a dodge.

And all zergs will do is invite a couple more scrappers to make up for any slack with the bonus of more improved superspeed.

Question is why are they super stacking one class with all this support while they were spouting about nerfing stuff that did too much when they were balancing.

We want to provide build diversity! meanwhile making sure every freaking group has 3 of the same meta classes. GG.

• Like 3

On 6/8/2021 at 8:24 PM, Apokriphos.7042 said:

Yes, exactly. That is why I quoted you to start.

The old method required significant skill and coordination to the point that effort was required and the optimal result rarely seen. Now that it has been changed to passively stack without effort, superspeed will become as commonplace and routine as purity of purpose/antitoxin plating, providing yet another additional benefit to meta comp squads and another set of mechanics - movement speed tactics - they can mindlessly and safely ignore, adding to the current list of comp immunities (conditions, projectiles, burst not high enough to get through support heals, etc.) while decreasing the skill requirement to do so.

This newly stackable unremovable 'boon' makes the difference between meta comp squads and random clouding players all the more extreme, further increasing toxicity and exclusion in the game mode as new players enter and get crushed by comp grps - then leave the mode in frustration, similar to how raids evolved to their current unfunded state over time.

Wanted to get a few rallies in before replying instead have expecting the worst. I think you are overreacting. Overriding was a bad mechanic with how scrapper is currently built. This was probably one of the better options outside of actually addressing traits/skills or how SS is applied. 

So far doesn't seem like much has changed. If a group has SS, strip boons and hard CC. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

Wanted to get a few rallies in before replying instead have expecting the worst. I think you are overreacting. Overriding was a bad mechanic with how scrapper is currently built. This was probably one of the better options outside of actually addressing traits/skills or how SS is applied. 

So far doesn't seem like much has changed. If a group has SS, strip boons and hard CC. 

Well you either have overriding or strippable boon, so which would you want?

Now you get 10s and it's still not strippable.

Now you have more than enough time to get out/go around bombs which includes all the boon strips, along with spammed stability so cc's aren't really a thing unless your commander is dumb with positioning/baiting and his squad is slow to react.

I feel like anet is trying to build super soldiers for combat at this point.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well you either have overriding or strippable boon, so which would you want?

Now you get 10s and it's still not strippable.

Now you have more than enough time to get out/go around bombs which includes all the boon strips, along with spammed stability so cc's aren't really a thing unless your commander is dumb with positioning/baiting and his squad is slow to react.

I feel like anet is trying to build super soldiers for combat at this point.

I think I've been pretty obvious that I have a heavy bias to compd squad play. We have had no issues with not being able to strip and cc other groups that have ss. It's almost like we knew the change happened and adapted accordingly...

There are so many strips and CC that hit stab and with all the rangers that probably don't run immob...makes 10s of SS wasted cooldowns. 

I guess to be clear. I don't care what they do with SS. But people are overreacting. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Go ahead, nerf the scrapper and the only thing that the nerf would acomplish will be a switch from a SS scrapper to a herald spaming chaotic release every time it's aviable for the same effect, or even more mesmers casting mass invi with the master of manipulation trait...

Superspeed it's a problem, but also it's invisibility and aoe roots and the only thing you can do for now it's just adapt the current tactics to deal with them, just like everyone else...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Perceptor.7189 said:

Go ahead, nerf the scrapper and the only thing that the nerf would acomplish will be a switch from a SS scrapper to a herald spaming chaotic release every time it's aviable for the same effect, or even more mesmers casting mass invi with the master of manipulation trait...

Superspeed it's a problem, but also it's invisibility and aoe roots and the only thing you can do for now it's just adapt the current tactics to deal with them, just like everyone else...

No you wouldn't because chaotic release has a large cooldown and herald healing is very clumsy while scrapper is top tier healing especially with gyro quickness. The only thing that needs to be nerfed superspeed-wise is the sourced from gyro superspeed (Gyroscopic acceleration). Having superspeed from toss elixir U or bypass coating is not spitting out  multiple potent effects at once.

Invisibility wasn't a problem when veil was used since there's an obvious tell, mass invisibility has existed for quite some time as well. If a mesmer runs master of manipulation the superspeed is 1.5s , which is probably what gyro superspeed should be cut to.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:

Getting old and memory recall ability is kinda like a blue hen pushing a red wagon up a hill. I thought swiftness stacked duration past 60sec. is the 60 sec thing a nerf?

Read the may patch notes maybe?

Boons were capped to 30s, swiftness got raised back to 60s.....

Edited by XenesisII.1540