Jump to content
  • Sign Up

FYI Return to Caithe's Reconnaisance Squad Requires fresh character


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, hugo.4705 said:

Another thing that will got fixed the week after, even for making new achievs that are related to already existing content they have issues, amazing. Not gonna replay all the episodes before! @Fire Attunement.9835 I hope there is a fix to allow earning "Return to Caithe reconnaissance squad" achievement. Players that have already done the story should be able to earn it through the purple star replay option, this is currently not the case. It is bugged.

 

For me, the instance worked fine but at the end, instead of getting the mail and having to speak with tactician Envolt, the episode reset and we ask me to go investigating at fort salma, so first episode of LS2.

It works for characters that havent done the story before. it is not that one can't complete the meta achievement like the llama bug.
just needs one to have a character that hasn't completed the episode 5 before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Return to Caithe's Reconnaisance Squad requires a character to do the story for the first time. You can not get the achievement from the purple replay story mission.

On it! We are aware of the issue and working on a fix. 

You are not understanding the problem, obviously, since what you just stated is what is NOT happening right now.  Please stop.

1 minute ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

It's not a bug. You get credit when you finish the story step, as it is supposed to. You just can't finish it through replay (purple star).

But somehow I got credit for others without playing thru the story. Something's bugged.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr OlsOn.7824 said:

This is just kitten design for us who already have everything completed. Embarrasing. Same thing with the Llama thing. Guess i'll wait till next week again. kitten off.


The episode was released like 7 years ago and the intention of the achievements is to get players to do the episodes again. You know, Anet could instead make it so that every single episode’s story requires a full clear instead of giving those who had already completed them the option to skip to the majority of the instances to get credit. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What worked for me, was when i replayed the chapter was doing the story from the start, so the fort salma part and the following green bits. Then when you finish caithe's reconnance the NPC you talk to after it to actually finish it will be there. And once you talk to him you get credit for it. . So wether you use a new character to do that chapter or just replay it, you must do all the story bits as if it was your first time, to get it to work. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I did the old achieves a few weeks ago, just before the season we re-released, and I know exactly how the missions run.  At the time I replayed the whole thing from the start because I didn't realize there were purple replay points (those are new relative to when I last played ~7 years ago).  At any rate, I know exactly what comes after Caithe's Recon mission.  However after completing this from the purple replay point, the NPC I needed to talk to was not there when I was ported back to the camp.  I repeat, he was NOT THERE.   The mail I received after the mission was from Marjory, also unrelated to this issue.

Yes I will be replaying this whole series in order beginning with Salma now, since it's not working correctly, with "correctly" being based on how this has worked for the other new achieves the last couple of weeks.   Please stop pointing people to the order of events in the wiki - that order is not happening if you started directly from the replay point for Caithe's Recon mission, or at least not reliably so if you've done the story before.  Pointing people to a story step that isn't triggering isn't accomplishing anything other than pointing out that you don't understand the issue occurring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:


[...] You know, Anet could instead make it so that every single episode’s story requires a full clear instead of giving those who had already completed them the option to skip to the majority of the instances to get credit. 

 

You are not understanding the problem, obviously, since what you just stated is what is NOT happening right now.  Please stop.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tyrsa.4981 said:

So I did the old achieves a few weeks ago, just before the season we re-released, and I know exactly how the missions run.  At the time I replayed the whole thing from the start because I didn't realize there were purple replay points (those are new relative to when I last played ~7 years ago).  At any rate, I know exactly what comes after Caithe's Recon mission.  However after completing this from the purple replay point, the NPC I needed to talk to was not there when I was ported back to the camp.  I repeat, he was NOT THERE.   The mail I received after the mission was from Marjory, also unrelated to this issue.

Yes I will be replaying this whole series in order beginning with Salma now, since it's not working correctly, with "correctly" being based on how this has worked for the other new achieves the last couple of weeks.   Please stop pointing people to the order of events in the wiki - that order is not happening if you started directly from the replay point for Caithe's Recon mission, or at least not reliably so if you've done the story before.  Pointing people to a story step that isn't triggering isn't accomplishing anything other than pointing out that you don't understand the issue occurring.


It’s working correctly as it has for the past seven years.  The purple icons/instances are for replaying specific story instances for achievements only. They are not intended to progress the story from whatever point you take. You’re even given a warning about this as well. If you want to progress the story because the story step includes open world objectives the. You have to replay the story from the beginning. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Tyrsa.4981 said:

 

You are not understanding the problem, obviously, since what you just stated is what is NOT happening right now.  Please stop.


You’re claiming an issue when there isn’t one. 
 

I also responded to another post of yours where you’re doing it from the purple instance. So…

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Please refer to the wiki and complete all of the steps required.  If there are open world steps after the instance then obviously you'll have to progress the episode's story from the beginning up to that point.

 

I did it with a character who has already completed the story before.  The first attempt was no credit before I realized there were steps after the instance.  It helps to look at the wiki prior to doing the episodes this way.

 

Obviously Anet wants us to head over to the wiki every time from now on when it says "complete the mission XX", just in case they happened to have put some part of all missions they want us to complete outside of the "replay the mission XX" purple star instance of the mission. /s

Edited by darksome.1697
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:


It’s working correctly as it has for the past seven years.  The purple icons/instances are for replaying specific story instances for achievements only. They are not intended to progress the story from whatever point you take. You’re even given a warning about this as well. If you want to progress the story because the story step includes open world objectives the. You have to replay the story from the beginning. 

Even if they aren't intended for progression, they did work for all the other 5 episodes and their "returning" achievements so far. 

Edited by sascha.4382
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, darksome.1697 said:

 

Obviously Anet wants us to head over to the wiki every time from now on when it says "complete the mission XX", just in case they happened to have put some part of all missions they want us to complete outside of the "replay the mission XX" purple star instance of the mission. /s

 

Or you can just replay the story....

 

Even then, it's not like there are than many instance where the story instances itself doesn't complete the story step.  Checking the wiki is only to save time in case there are story objectives after the instance for the story step.  The whole point of the purple icons was to give players to jump to the instances which had achievements in them.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sascha.4382 said:

Even if they aren't intended for progression, they did work for all the other 5 re-released episodes so far. 

 

Because the instances themselves completed the story step.  That's why it worked for those.  Checking the wiki, or checking the top right of the screen when doing the episode from the beginning, would reveal this.  You're going to have this same "issue" next week with the No Refuge story steps as well.

 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/No_Refuge

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

I believe, given that ANet has stated there are issues, that this is not working as intended.

 

We'll see.  If they do intend for players to complete those achievements for the story steps by just doing the instances themselves, and will make adjustments to support that, then I'll go through and list every single story instance which would cause an "issue" with players who do it from the purple instance.  A prime example of another being the No Refuge story step that we'll have to do next week as there are objectives after the story instance.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is there some part of this you don't understand, Ayrilana?

43 minutes ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

 On it! We are aware of the issue and working on a fix. 

On a side note, I just did all the steps to this mission, and it still didn't take. Edit: You have to talk to Tactician Envoltt in the main camp for it to take and finish.😘

Edited by Ardenwolfe.8590
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Is there some part of this you don't understand, Ayrilana?

On a side note, I just did all the steps to this mission, and it still didn't take. Edit: You have to talk to Tactician Envoltt in the main camp for it to take and finish.😘

 

There's a difference between something being bugged and intending the entire story step itself to complete the achievement.  The latter is how the previous two weeks functioned.  If they decide to allow just the instance itself to count then sure I'll go through and flag every single story step which will have an achievement and has objectives after the instance.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...