How necro use skills without stability?

Junkpile.7439

I take it you mean in PvP? In PvP, there is a lot of CC going on, so it's easy to get interrupted. I play Reaper, which has some decent stability options. And Scourge profession skills have no cast time and can be cast while stunned, so they don't really care about CC most of the time.

On the other hand, one of core necro's major weaknesses is lack of stability in shroud, and I happily target enemy core necros in shroud knowing they have no defense. The few times I have had issues with core necro, it involves lots of fear and chill which keeps me at a distance and slows me down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Working as intended for core necro.  Shroud does not have a cast time so you can use it while CC'ed to absorb the damage.

Reaper has stability and blinds/projectile denial and good CC as well.  Need to dodge CC and punish their frames back.

Scourge shades have no cast time and can be used while CC'ed.  Barrier yourself as you take it and then punish back.

Necro is mostly about resource management and knowing what hits you should be taking.  You can take more damage than your enemies, so long as you're hitting them back.  CC is deadly because you start missing out on the "hitting them back" part and they come away winning all trades.

• 3 years later...

The "Devs" basically did the World of Wacraft destroy to the Necro like they did the "WOW" Warrior class.  When you look at the Necro compared to other classes, you can easily see that class is designed to fail in every way outside of a Zerg.

- Your own skills kill you:  I mean you take a good amount of damage from skills that hurt YOU, which is stupid because you're literally helping the opposing player kill you.

- Most of you skills do not have stun-break and other useful boons, while other classes generate Boons on attacks!

- You can't generate stability as a core, so the first thing an opposing player is going to do is a pull or a knock down and it's over.

- Shroud is a joke: one pull to the ground while in Shroud and it's wasted.  You have no right-side action tray while in Shroud.

- A Necro conditions are weak, because they're reduced for Zerg; the "Devs" don't care about you not being a condi threat as a Core Necro.

- The Boons you have not only suck, they only last for a second at the most, so while other classes have great Boons on lasting for 10s, your little flash of weak Boons look like a  joke and does NOTHING for you and make the opposing player happy you're on a Necro because you're an easy kill.  The only good Necro is a cheating Necro.

- You have no Resistance as a Necro so conditions eat you alive, which is a joke because you're supposed to be the one with the deadly conditions.

The Necro is the most unfair class in the game.  There's no reason why Necros can't get 10 seconds of stability the moment they go into Shroud and have it trigger again after so many seconds while still in Shroud, because I can tell you now, you won't be in Shroud long anyway given the damage you're going to take.  There's no reason why you can't have your right-side action bar while in Shroud.  Shroud damage is WEAK, especially the way other classes cleans have have so much resistance.  Having right-side actions available would allow a Necro to do a bit more damage (or CC) depending on the skills they use on that side, thus making Shroud a lot more worth wild but without Stability added, it'll still be garbage in the long haul.

It's like the "Devs" are avoiding making the Necro class competitive.  That's something I can't wrap my head around....  If I'm going to design Classes for an MMO and PvP...  I would NEVER destroy a class on purpose just because bad players wanted things easy against that particular Class.  That's garbage development; the aim should be balanced classes and the Necro Class is nowhere near being balanced against other Class.

Players who play Necro just don't want to be a Zerg toy!!

And they wonder why games like GW2 are so beatable...  It's just a concept MMO really...  And a bad one at that.

Now everybody in WvW is running around on classes that stealth so they can use the teleport hack along with speed hacks and try to hide behind the fact, their class can stealth to begin with.  There's your problem...  The "Devs" made classes that can stealth and teleport.  I would have NEVER don that, knowing hackers would just exploit it with cheat tools.  That's what bad concepts do, they invite cheating behavior.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Well... This is high level necromancy we got there. All hail to pcgamefreak that managed to raise a 3 year old thread back from the dead.

More seriously, necromancer currently have more options for stability than he did in 2021. Reaper do have a very high stability potential, Harbinger have a easy access to stability and Scourge can now enjoy the effect of aegis thanks to Serpent siphon on top of Trail of anguish's stability. It's safe to say that the ability of the necromancer's e-spec to block a CC have at least doubled since this thread 2021.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Well... This is high level necromancy we got there. All hail to pcgamefreak that managed to raise a 3 year old thread back from the dead.

More seriously, necromancer currently have more options for stability than he did in 2021. Reaper do have a very high stability potential, Harbinger have a easy access to stability and Scourge can now enjoy the effect of aegis thanks to Serpent siphon on top of Trail of anguish's stability. It's safe to say that the ability of the necromancer's e-spec to block a CC have at least doubled since this thread 2021.

Can't say this isn't a fitting subforum for thread necromancy though!

• Haha 2