What's your GW2 rating overall?

With so many topics to read through, and as an asura once said "You get 3 asura together, and you get 4 opinions" It's never too clear how each one subjectively and objectively would rate Guild Wars 2.

So I would like to know everyone's rating in 2 ways please.

1 - 1-100% (From 1 to 100)

2 - 1/5 Stars 🌟 ( 1 to 5 stars )

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

With so many topics to read through, and as an asura once said "You get 3 asura together, and you get 4 opinions" It's never too clear how each one subjectively would rate Guild Wars 2.

So I would like to know everyone's rating in 2 ways please.

1 - 1-100% (From 1 to 100)

2 - 1/5 Stars 🌟 ( 1 to 5 stars )

Overall, I'd give the game 4 out of 5 stars, or about 75-80%.

6/10

1) Visual clutter turns the game into mindless and shallow mess.

2) Painfully bright flashing lights make it hard to play the game.

3) Anet’s negligence for various issues can be frustrating.

There are a lot of things that this game does well, but above issues really ruin the game for me.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

95 % - Definitely the best MMO I've played because it respects my time and money, has a great playerbase, and is fun to play overall for a variety of playstyles. That said, it does occasionally have some quality issues and sadly cut storylines due to lack (or mismanagement) of resources/staff/time (i.e. One Path Ends, Kourna, Champions, etc.).

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

Rated PG for Pretty Good. There are quite a few janky, unfinished, or straight-up abandoned systems, questionable corporate management and story direction decisions, inconsistencies in lore, terminology, and mechanics, long-standing bugs/QoL failures, and embarrassing marketing/monetization standing in the way of this game being perfect, but I've yet to find any MMO that is perfect. What the game does well is done exceptionally well; weaknesses are equally obvious.

Would still recommend to friends and prospective new players - would also caution them about the dumb parts.

85%

4/5

• Like 2

85%
4/5 stars

Granted I would rate any other MMO lower. The instanced PVE in this game needs help, I don't feel it's well designed, but despite that major flaw, there's no company that treats you better than Anet and no other game lets you "beat it" by gearing full legendary either. The open world is a treat for as long as you enjoy it. PVP would be good if they actually made matchmaking good again. WvW is fun, but dated (most long-time WvWers are bored).

No other MMO gives so many systems that are gifts that keep on giving. The way a lot of progression systems are designed is that once you accomplish them, it gets easier/more rewarding to do that gameplay.

I would also say GW2 has the same issue just about any other MMO has: there's lots of activities that are "rewarding" but not "fun" I think the Genre as a whole needs to focus on getting players doing content over farming and making gameplay, not chores worth it. Examples: home instances, pact network supply agents, etc. You don't *HAVE* to do any of those, but I choose to do them because I want the reward. Alot really is optional in this game and there's lots of different ways to approach it, and that's something great, but I don't feel I could get away with just playing over chores if i really wanted to make some cash.

O I would also say it suffers from classic MMO balance issues, where some classes are still obvious favorites (looking at you guardians) and others are nerfed all the time or not really allowed to excel on the same level. Just take teapot's recent vid on guardians for example, but they weren't touched in the last balance patch. Lots of other classes got nerfs (though I expect rev to still be strong).

I'm close to being done with MMOs. GW2 is the only thing I'm still holding onto, but I may be starting to burn out. I probably will never play another MMO ever again, because the design of this game has showed me everything wrong with the genre as a whole.

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

40%

2 out of 5 Stars

Graphics and environment are top.

But there is 0 lore and the fixed skills are stupid.

There's a ton of lore, it just isn't shoved down your throat, you need to dig into the world to understand/experience it. And what do you mean by fixed skills?

woodenpotatoes does tons of videos on lore for this game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

6/10

1) Visual clutter turns the game into mindless and shallow mess.

2) Painfully bright flashing lights make it hard to play the game.

3) Anet’s negligence for various issues can be frustrating.

There are a lot of things that this game does well, but above issues really ruin the game for me.

THIS ^^

GW2 is so close to being gold but the reluctance of A-Net to address some of the glaring issues such as these waaaaaay over the top bright lights and effects really holds the game back.

There is also far to much restrictions, restrictions that are unnecessary and frustrating.  I imagine they were first put in place to slow the player down, something that is no longer needed.

At the moment the good outweighs the bad but the game is badly in need of a rework from top to bottom starting with the eye bleeding graphical effects..

• Like 2

eh like a 45% with like three stars? While the game has the best combat, the PvE is lack-luster and basically the same as any other game. The PvP was where this game used to shine but it and WvW have been abandoned and left to rot, they've introduced modes with no intention of up-keep and are so tone death that they thought TWICE in this games life-span that living world could carry this. The new players I brought to the game wont stick to it, and often leave because core is not fun and the expansions are so different from one another they feel like three separate games. The armor is mostly pretty ugly on norn, charr or asuran leaving human and sylvari seemingly like the most attractive pick. 

The expansions also feel small in scope, and while neat... aren't as cool as other games expansions in depth or tone. The story is horrible and honestly killed the lore nerd I Was; Now I just wish I could skip all the dialogue or cutscenes.  Its the best in the genre but its competition is not really worth mentioning, It has nothing to stand against its gameplay. But thats because everything is either dated or trying to be WoW and fantasy games are few and far between... at least the good ones. 

• Like 2

75%

One of the best free to play pve mmos out there.

No p2w features, able to buy everything in the cash shop through gold earned in game.

World bosses, dungeons/fractals/raids/strikes/zone metas/living story, available for plenty of pveing to do every day(even if I'm not interested in any of them anymore), as compared to many other mmos out there.

Some of the collection grinds in pve are pretty bad.

Graphics are some of the best still, even at it's old age, although some of the visual noise from skills are pretty bad.

Fluid combat system is one of the best in mmos.

Mass pvp combat available, which not many other games can offer.

One of the best UI's, with practically no need to mod any elements, not to say there isn't improvements that can be done still.

The missing 25% is basically from the pvp side.

Wvw, neglected for far too long in many elements from combat balance, population balance, map updates, point structure that is now meaningless to many players. Rewards took five years to update and not much since.

Bad combat balancing, for example boons vs corruption system pretty lopsided to certain elements/classes, some classes/specs way too good for the role they're built for.

Currently burned out and haven't touched wvw in three weeks due to boredom of all classes/specs and meta, tired of nerfs to my main classes, tired of playing for useless points, tired of certain types of fights.  Logging in once a week to do the replay living story event. Would still recommend it to new players over say WoW these days.

• Like 2

PvE - 80%: character levelling and world exploration and done very well I think this is the strongest point of the game. The endgame (fractals, dungeons) are done well with an ok number to choose from. I haven’t done raids yet but that’s the public perception which is their flaw. Overall - levelling and playing open world is great but endgame needs some polish.

PvP - 45%: there seems to be very little choice of things to do at first glance. Unranked and ranked random arenas in conquest mode is what probably 90% of people play. The game balance is weak with team compos almost fully determining who wins. I think they need to add more variety of easily accessible game modes. They seem to be discouraged since stronghold failed but they should try something new.

WvW - 50%: this is a pretty meh game Mode to me. It’s cute to run around there swinging your newly crafted weapon or trying new builds. But what you do seems to have little significance to the overall events. I know there are many fans of the mode and I like how brain-afk it is sometimes. It’s just boring but chill.

for combat I’d give 90% it is way more fluid than on other games

for glamour 70% as they choice is wide but most designs in the past few years are cringy (maybe their OG design team got sacked don’t know)

the community services/team making I think 40% the lfg panel is a joke to me. They should simplify it and divide by few major tabs 

e.g.

PvE open world (map events, metas, world bosses, story, map completion)

PvE endgame (fractals, raids, dungeons)

PvP

WvW

thats it, not a confusing long list of whatever without order.

so in general, overall it looks like I would rate the game around 60%. Parts of it are great which keeps me in, but others are seriously neglected

• Like 2

A few things I must note before you read my review.

This is pretty much the only game I play right now.

I would have quit if I didn't buy HoT before I finished Personal Story. Zhaitan was just that bad! Sunken cost fallacy is what kept me going and that is not good for any game.

I stick to PvE 99.9%. I don't like competitive play at all. I loathe Raids since it does not play like the rest of GW2. I am willing to do WvW before I do Raids.

Exploration: 9/10

The world is fun to explore and find all the things hidden in it and the chain events. There are places you get stuck, which some are designed this way as unfair "challenge" in jump puzzles, but otherwise it is great to find everything.

Immersion: 7/10

The graphics are stylized so this game will still look great and be fun to explore a decade from now. The story and instances are done right save for the side by side cut scenes riddling personal story (being skippable the only saving grace). However instanced content is very unfriendly to play solo, unless you have content wrecking builds, while also doesn't work right with parties for various reasons. Note: Season 1 missing is a blemish that will never go away.

Character Customization: 8/10

I do feel pretty cool as the character I make with cosmetics, however it is very limiting in design. Games that tie visuals to equipment is a very outdated system that games won't let go. There is still enough to make characters look distinct from each other and that is better than what most games do.

Combat: 8/10

This is NOT the best game when it comes to combat, but it is smooth and does a lot more with positioning for unique fights as the game goes on. Being able to change your character builds is easy and there are a lot of options to favor what play style you prefer. The downside is that there is a lot of favoritism towards certain weapons on classes that make others downright useless.

Monetization: 7/10

The gem store does what it needs to keep the game running. Everything from cosmetic prices, utility (unlimited tools/salvaging/inventory), and character clots is fair priced. However, mount skins are so overpriced compared to everything else that it doesn't even look like it meant to be bought by the average customer. Note: There is still a huge problem with not being up front with new players on how Living World is pay to access and no included in the expansions! Most people don't find out until they get to it and that could be weeks after a purchase. I would consider that deceptive.

78/100 = C+

If it wasn't for Living World prices, Mounts, and making it hard for new players to get into the game, this game could easily make A-.

4 out of 5 🌟 Great game.

It is amazing how low a score I give a game I love, but that is because Anet has made decisions through its life that have caused it to suffer and just lose the big time gaming market.

As of now I can't recommend it to new people who can't afford the up front $70 price tag to access a game's full, available content. If they want to experience the full game they have to spend another $32 to get enough character slots to play every class without deleting them.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692
  • Like 3

Story: 5/10

I judge only the story. It's pretty much the same: another super-villain comes to destroy life in Tyria and we are dedicated to put an end to it's misery.

Combat: 8/10

That's the main source of fun in Guild Wars 2.

It's good that we have only 10 skills to use in combat, not 50 like in other games. It makes everything simple and we have to decide which skills are the best for next battle, but sometimes it's boring (like being a holosmith and starting every fight exactly the same way with Photon Forge - 3 - 5 - 4).

One of the best things in GW2 is that you can play whatever you want: you're not locked behind some sort of choice between X build and Y build without being able to revert the changes.

Gear progress and leveling: 10/10

You learn a lot by leveling. You don't need to grind for better gear to match other players. Exotic is enough for 90% end-game (excluding FoTM in T3 and above). Access to end-game is very easy, just hit 80 lvl, buy an exotic set at Trading Post (Berserker's is meta for power build and it's cheap).

Your character isn't a demigod just because of his/her super rare and powerful armor — it's your skill and how you play the game makes that character strong.

Exploration: 8/10

HEARTS. Most of them are like "kill some things in the area and bring me whatever they drop", but maps are really nice.

Character customization: 7/10

There is huge amount of skins you can use, but Fashion Wars 2 can be a real pain in you-know-what, especialy if you're a perfectionist like me; floating shoulders, tails clipping through clothing. One thing that really makes me sad is... weapons and their roles. Mobility, power damage, condition damage, support, control... scourge is mostly locked with scepter in mainhand, becasue it's the only one efficient weapon that deal condition damage, so every scourge run Scepter. Every warrior run a/a, every daredevil with staff, and every guardian probably chooses at least greatsword.

Poor customization in terms of weapons.

End-game content (PvE): 7/10

It's not ANet fault, but players have made it pretty difficult to get into raids. They require you to have some sort of Killproofs. At least in fractals nobody really ask you to show anything unless it's Challenge Mode. Strikes are easy accessible, DRMs soloable, Fractals can be even good for casual players.

But it's just repeating the same content over and over again. I wish we had more DRM's and Strikes.

Appearance from my subjective view and experience: 5/10

Mostly caused by players and visual clutter. All these shiny things don't even look good. Expensive things (in real life) are usually well designed (like sport cars), but in Guild Wars 2 one of the most expensive things are just ugly. This game would be much better without so many bright infusions like Ember, Frost Legion, Celestial, Crystal or Khan-Ur. At this point, I would be happy if I could enable STANDARD MODELS for allies in PvE.

I would give Guild Wars 2 4 out of 5 🌟 or rating 7/10. I still have fun, but it's not a perfect game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheBravery.9615 said:

7/10

I've never seen so much potential ruined by lack of direction

Lack of direction is indeed the best way to put it. Pvp is neglected, WvW is neglected and endgame is ok but with rare updates. The looks of the game and combat are just begging for another chance, I have no idea how they could let it happen

• Like 1

Combat Fluidity: 95%, 5 *

Skill System: 70%, 3 *

Balance: 35% 1.5 *

B2P Business Model: 100%, 5 *

Cash Shop: 70%, 3 * (would have been higher except for RNG purchases, some inside other RNG purchases)

Large Scale Group Content: 50%; 2 * (ruined by proliferation of CC and visual eyesores)

Small Scale Group Content: 80%, 4 *

Customization: 80%, 3.5 * (otherwise good, but butt-capes and trench coats...)

Overall

75%

3.5 *

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TheBravery.9615 said:

7/10

I've never seen so much potential ruined by lack of direction

I say this exact thing all the time to anyone who will listen. I feel like ANet needs a firm hand at the wheel. As it were, all the fundamentals of a staggeringly great game are in there, just buried beneath years of direction changes, abandonment, and refusal to iterate.

Overall I rate GW2 3/5 stars. I still recommend it to people, but the game no longer holds my attention like it used to. That said, I still see all the good that it does, so it retains a better than 50% rating.

• Like 3