Jump to content
  • Sign Up

[Poll] What weapon do you think the EoD Elite Spec gets?


/title  

38 members have voted

  1. 1. /title

    • Off hand Sword
      12
    • Off hand Mace
      2
    • Pistol \ Dual Pistols
      0
    • Shortbow
      0
    • Rifle
      1
    • Dagger / Dual Daggers
      8
    • Warhorn
      14
    • Main Hand Shield
      2


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Currently, I would guess it could be a warhorn.

It is weird that guardian doesn't already have that weapon in my opinion, it suits the class well. So maybe guardian will get it this time.

It does suit the class, I just don't see how it coulb be implemented in an interesting way. 

I think Tempest's warhorn is the only interesting version of warhorn thaks to the elemental/magix theme. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanSH.6143 said:

It does suit the class, I just don't see how it coulb be implemented in an interesting way. 

I think Tempest's warhorn is the only interesting version of warhorn thaks to the elemental/magix theme. 

 

You can make every weapon interesting if you are creative enough, tho.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Statistically speaking shortbow (2 users + 1 elite spec), warhorn (3 users + 1 elite spec), and offhand mace (3 users).

Pistol doesn't seem thematic (3 users), rifle doesn't seem like it would be given to guardian (2 users + 1 elite spec), nor does dagger (which is unlikely due to the amount of classes using it).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Statistically speaking shortbow (2 users + 1 elite spec), warhorn (3 users + 1 elite spec), and offhand mace (3 users).

Pistol doesn't seem thematic (3 users), rifle doesn't seem like it would be given to guardian (2 users + 1 elite spec), nor does dagger (which is unlikely due to the amount of classes using it).

Well, tons of classes already could use sword.... they still gave it to 2 elite specs with PoF (weaver + holosmith). With this, necromancer is actually the only class left which can't use a sword.

I don't think that "many classes can already use it" is really a factor here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I mean is it is better for the economy since guardian is one of the most popular classes and a warhorn could shore up one of the main weaknesses (not enough mobility / swiftness unless you use "retreat") if it is similar to how it works on other classes , while shortbow could allow for a proper midrange condi damage or support weapon other than scepter. Offhand mace would probably be CC or something akin to that, so not that interesting.

I'd be thoroughly surprised if it is pistol, dagger, or rifle (a 1200 range weapon).

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

What I mean is it is better for the economy since guardian is one of the most popular classes and a warhorn could shore up one of the main weaknesses (not enough mobility / swiftness unless you use "retreat") if it is similar to how it works on other classes , while shortbow could allow for a proper midrange condi damage or support weapon other than scepter. Offhand mace would probably be CC or something akin to that, so not that interesting.

I'd be thoroughly surprised if it is pistol, dagger, or rifle (a 1200 range weapon).

Those are actually good points. I do hope for either shortbow (seems unlikely since we got a longbow with dh) or off-hand sword, something aggressive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll take anything that can provide Guardian with some mobility outside of Retreat. Warhorn fits the class the best, so that’s the most likely one in my eyes.

 

I’d still love to see a new weapon like Spear or Trident being used outside of underwater combat, but I guess I’m fantasizing. And if someone gets a spear it’ll probably be warrior. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a dual handed ranged weapon and melee MH weapon. I am expecting the next weapon to be off hand.  Warhorn is predominately for support and considering FB already fills in the support role, next patch will be probably be dps focused. I do t think off hand axe or mace. They are rarely used as off hand. Guardian is theme is light/honourable/noble so no dagger. That leaves pistol and sword. I am leaning more towards sword, but we could get a techy guardian. That would be interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...