Warhorn or Shortbow for a Music themed Elite Spec?

Sodeni.6041

Would you prefer a Warhorn or Shortbow for a Music themed Elite Spec?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Warhorn or Shortbow for a Music themed Elite Spec?

• Warhorn
    • Shortbow

7 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:
  • Songstress as an elite spec name doesn't make that much sense, considering that a songstress is explicitly female

I'm actually kind of surprised that the creator of this leak didn't use "Tree Singer" as a class name - that has some Kurzick lore attached to it.  If the leak is false, then this would have been an easy step to take to make it sound more credible.

Edited by Jijimuge.4675

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That leak has to be 100% fake. No way would they give an E-Spec to warrior that granted a third weapon set with a 3s weapon swap (2s with Fast hands 😆)

On the cooldown front, a 3 sec cooldown would mean it takes 6 seconds to swap back to your initial weapon (A -> B -> C -> A). So I don't think that's a particular hold up. Not to mention how Ele and Engie work.

It's more the UI requirements and gearing implications that make me doubt it.

23 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Just to name a few points, which make me think it is fake:

• Ranger elite spec is supposed to be Kurzick themed, yet it utilises a war turtle for the elite skill, which was a Luxon thing
  • Songstress as an elite spec name doesn't make that much sense, considering that a songstress is explicitly female
  • Constructor elite spec for engi: utilises minions again, while Anet has the stance that ai utility skills shouldn't be competitive (look at our turrets) and Anet already failed with implementing another minion type for engi (gyros), seems like Anet setting themselves up for failure again
  • Guardian mechanic to return 100% of damage with aegis instead of blocking with aegis is on such a high level of dumb that Anet wouldn't implement it. Reflecting 100% of damage with guardian's many aegis sources would be ridiculous 
  • Warrior getting additional weapon slots: this would require them to rework the hero panel just for the existence of one elite spec.... very unlikely

In general, it seems that whoever provided that leak just looked at popular suggestions for different elite specs and put them together.

I think the chances of this being real are extremely small.

true you have some valid points!

I can still see them changing the name of songstress and I can see them implement a 3rd weapon slot too and a functioning minion spec. The expansion isn't done yet so they can still change a few things. And maybe the creator mixed up the luxon adn kurzick with the ranger? but who knows maybe it's just a convincing fake post.

I'm curious for the reveal of the expansion to see if it's true or not!

Edited by Sodeni.6041

11 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

As much as I would want another excuse to use Verderach, I would prefer 5 new weapon skills over 2. 

That's basically my most important argument. I'm tired of using all the old weapons. If we get another offhand we have to use sword again or scepter with greatsword and staff like we did since 2012. I want to be able to use a totally new weapon set with 5 skills!

Edited by Sodeni.6041
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the leak is true. I would have preferred a main hand or two handed weapon. For example a main hand focus, a magical weapon that once you are in combat creates and animation or musical/instrument hologram in your hand that emits songs and music while you shake and use it.  I can't visualize the warhorn as a main weapon. The autoattack with the warhorn all time in the mouth would be weird.  Also traditionally offhand weapons have long cooldowns so not happy with an offhand weapon, we need more main hand or two handed options.  I see the warhorn a boring weapon with only two new skills by itself and high cooldown.

The leak not mention the replace of the skills like the holosmith with its F5 suggested in other post, so i don't watch it comming. Only mention that F skills are channeled and utilities/weapon swaps and dodges add some extra effect to those F channeled skills.  If the leak it is true... A lot of new Crow Control specializations are comming... plus all the ones we already have.  The leak mention that your utilities, dodges and weapon swaps don't interrupt those channeled skills while adding effects but the CC does, so unless you have infinite stability, evade our you can over CC your enemy...  Do you know what to have channeled skills as a main mechanic means against all the new and already existent CC specializations means?  Probably useless unless its cooldowns are very low.  The leak also mention some kind of synchronization between the illusions and the songs of the F skills. 

Well, lets see how it could work in PvE. Probably very good there but, unless you can invoque instruments or something that add extra skills to your weapons slots (like atunnements, tomes , etc), it seems that it will not be that appealing and fun to use. My vision of a channeled based specialization for competitive modes is negative due to all the Crow Control available to your enemies. I hope that those F skills have a short cooldown to work around it. We don't have a long range mainhand weapon to combine with the warhorn in the backline and be safe of all the CC in the front line/mid range. And our long range weapons are not compatible between themselves unless the new F skills make it possible.  We will see.

Anyways at the end of July we could have the answer with official information.  I'm even more worried about the dual daggers for the revenant specialization with a still gameplay style with tons of stealth and evade.  Revenant needed more a good long range weapon.  Unless they rework completely the hammer, it will still be something to ignore out of the WvW backline. With the shortbow exclusive to the Renegade, i'm  not happy unless those daggers will also be ranged weapons.  I doubt it reading the leak, so sad for now.  Maybe good for PvP and roaming. Another counter to the mesmer upcoming, it seems. And imagine a combat between thief and the new revenant, lol.  

Ranger, Engineer and Elementalist specs seem fun to play.  If their leaks are true... Wow, now i understand why they reworked resistance. But also angry that they took if from revenant and it'll come back as "tainted flesh" for the new Necromancer specialization. 😡  And they removed retailation but ohhh,  the new specialization for Guardian get "reversal of damage" instead of aegis , interesting and nice, it returns 100% of the damage from the next hit you receive. 

Time for be patience and wait for more news and/or leaks.  😁

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zoser.7245 said:

What make me doubt about the leak is that two specializations receive mace offhand.  We never received the same weapon for two specializations (mace offhand  for thiefs and engineers), as it gives the feeling of receive something less unique. But if it's true...

I would have preferred a main hand or two handed weapon. For example a main hand focus, a magical weapon that once you are in combat creates and animation or musical/instrument hologram in your hand that emits songs and music while you shake and use it.  I can't visualize the warhorn as a main weapon. The autoattack with the warhorn all time in the mouth would be weird.  Also traditionally offhand weapons have long cooldowns so not happy with an offhand weapon, we need more main hand or two handed options.  I see the warhorn a boring weapon with only two new skills by itself and high cooldown.

The leak not mention the replace of the skills like the holosmith with its F5 suggested in other post, so i don't watch it comming. Only mention that F skills are channeled and utilities/weapon swaps and dodges add some extra effect to those F channeled skills.  If read the leak it is true... A lot of new Crow Control specializations are comming... plus all the ones we already have.  The leak mention that your utilities, dodges and weapon swaps don't interrupt those channeled skills while adding effects but the CC does, so unless you have infinite stability, evade our you can over CC your enemy...  Do you know what to have channeled skills as a main mechanic means against all the new and already existent CC specializations means?  Yes, means useless outside PvE.   Your channeled skills will be interrupted all the time making them useless in WvW and if in PvP you have the upper hand above the CC and more than your enemy, the QQ here will start the first day against it and nerfed ASAP in to something useless, we already suffer it. 

Well, lets see how it could work in PvE. Probably very good there but, unless you can invoque instruments or something that add extra skills to your weapons slots (like atunnements, tomes , etc), it seems that it will not be that appealing and fun to use. My vision of a channeled based specialization for competitive modes ir very negative by design due to be interrupted all the time by the Crow Control skills. We don't have a long range mainhand weapon to combine with the warhorn in the backline and be safe of all the CC in the front line/mid range. And our long range weapons are not compatible unless those F skills make it possible.

Anyways at the end of July we could have the answer with official information.  I'm even more worried about the dual daggers for the revenant specialization with a still gameplay style with tons of stealth and evade.  Revenant needed more a good long run weapon.  Unless they rework completely the hammer, it will still be something to ignore out of the WvW backline. With the shortbow exclusive to the Renegade, i'm  not happy unless those daggers will be ranged weapons that let you mobility in the mid distance at least.  I doubt it reading the leak, so sad for now.  Maybe good for PvP and roaming. Another counter to the mesmer upcoming, it seems. And imagine a combat between thief and the new revenant, lol.  

Ranger, Engineer and Elementalist specs seem fun to play.  If the leak is true... Wow, now i understand why they reworked resistance. But also angry that they took if from revenant and it'll come back as "tainted flesh" for the new Necromancer specialization. 😡  And they removed retailation but ohhh,  the new specialization for Guardian get "reversal of damage" instead of aegis , interesting and nice, it returns 100% of the damage from the next hit you receive. 

Time for be patience and wait for more news and/or leaks.  😁

Mirage and Firebrand both got axes. So did Soulbeast and Spellbreaker with daggers and Daredevil and Druid with staffs, etc. so that argument is not valid. And I think offhand weapons will always stay offhand.

Edited by Sodeni.6041
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sodeni.6041 said:

Mirage and Firebrand both got axes. So did Soulbeast and Spellbreaker with daggers so that arugment is not valid. And I think offhand weapons will always stay offhand.

Lol, i forgot it.  You are right with it. I edited my post.  It seems legit then.  We will watch if it's true and if we will continue to be relegated to use the same weapons/skills even with the new specialization. "Sounds" boring...   And how it performs in a CC world/environment.

Edited by Zoser.7245

On 6/16/2021 at 11:29 PM, Metricos.5617 said:

Hear me out: Focus mainhand.

I think it would be brilliant, but I don’t think Anet has the creativity to do it. Music spec seems probable given most of the current team doesn’t really know the lore and they probably have no idea about hex/manipulator origins of the Mesmer 

Although I really don't want a music themed elite spec, I'd prefer shortbow over warhorn.  My suspicion is that we're going to be getting warhorn as the current skills/balance team doesn't seem to have anyone who is all that knowledgeable or caring of Mesmer as a profession.  I suspect that Revenant and Engineer's especs will recieve a lot of care, but Mesmer's spec will be the bare minimum. 

• Sad 1

On 6/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, Sodeni.6041 said:

"Songstress" on any thread here. It's a name that anet would totally come up with for an elite spec.

I'm also inclined to believe that the leak was somewhat accurate (although probably a bit outdated).  If I recall, elite specs were leaked for one of the previous expansions and although a lot of the leak information was correct, most of the names in the leak were just placeholders.  Hopefully this is the case.  I'd much rather they just go with "Bard" than a name that implies female.

• 1 month later...