Laurels???

Every one I've spoke with tells me their log-on bag of laurels number between 10 and 15.  Every bag I've received amounts to one. Yes, one kitten laurel.

Come on dev's.  One needs laurels to progress and it's not as if they can be exploited.  The lowest drop should be at the very, very least five.

You really need to stop starving your player base of items they need to go forward and enjoy the game.  It's not like it's money out of your own pocket.

Edited by Joote.4081
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

Log-in rewards change on a predictable schedule. Each time you log in, you move one 'day' forward on that schedule and collect that day's reward. In the case of laurels specifically, you start off by getting one and that amount changes with each subsequent laurel drop until the schedule starts over. You can see a table here that explains the order, what you get, and how much of it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

Every one I've spoke with tells me their log-on bag of laurels number between 10 and 15.  Every bag I've received amounts to one. Yes, one kitten laurel.

Come on dev's.  One needs laurels to progress and it's not as if they can be exploited.  The lowest drop should be at the very, very least five.

You really need to stop starving your player base of items they need to go forward and enjoy the game.  It's not like it's money out of your own pocket.

Please elaborate where Laurels are NEEDED to play/enjoy the game.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Log-in rewards change on a predictable schedule. Each time you log in, you move one 'day' forward on that schedule and collect that day's reward. In the case of laurels specifically, you start off by getting one and that amount changes with each subsequent laurel drop until the schedule starts over. You can see a table here that explains the order, what you get, and how much of it.

Also, in case it's unclear missing a day does not reset the schedule. If you don't log in one day (or for any amount of time) the next time you do log in it will continue from the point where you left off.

So you could easily get 1 laurel on the same day someone else gets 10 or 15 or an entirely different reward like mystic coins or crafting materials. But two people who log in for 30 days each will receive exactly the same items for those 30 days even if one of them logs in every single day and the other only logs in once a week. (You can see where you currently are in the schedule by opening the achievement tab in the Hero panel.)

(Also the icon is identical no matter how many laurels are in the bag, to see how many you actually get you need to look at the drop list on the right of the screen or check your wallet before and after opening the bag.)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

Please elaborate where Laurels are NEEDED to play/enjoy the game.

They're not strictly needed, but they are the cheapest and easiest source of 3-stat ascended trinkets, especially for people who don't have access to living world maps where ascended trinkets with selectable stats can be farmed. Since trinkets make a bigger difference to your stats than armour or weapons they're usually a priority for people starting to upgrade to ascended.

They're also useful for getting some other items which again aren't essential to play the game but are in high demand, like obsidian shards, high tier crafting materials, components for some specific items, recipes for crafting ascended weapons and armour and WvW infusions.

There are other ways to get all those things, but they're likely to be more expensive, limited or difficult than using a currency you get simply for logging in, so while laurels aren't an absolute essential to play they are very useful for a lot of people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Joote.4081 said:

Next time you're in-world, press "H". Navigate to Achievements. You will see the log-in rewards that everyone gets. The laurel rewards happen once every 7 days you play in an increasing amount: 1, 2, 3, and 4 laurels. There are two larger bags of laurels: one for the 7th day of logging in. And one for the 21st day of logging in. These bags are 10 and 15 laurels respectively. There is another option for laurels in the Chest of Loyalty on the 28th day of logging in where you can opt for laurels.

Anyone who has led you to believe all their bags of laurels are between 10-15 laurels a pop is feeding you a line.

These are the same rewards for everyone, but not everyone has the 7th day of logging in on the same day. Laurels do make purchasing some things easier, but the only people getting more log-in rewards than you are people with multiple accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My login rewards perfectly matches whats on wiki page.

1x laurel is on day 2. So you have logged in 2 times and no more then 7 times(day 7 is 10x laurels).

Edit:

Before I forget ... you do login with a character and "take" the login reward chest, right?

Edited by Pirogen.9561
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

I log in every day and  I'm talking about when a bag of laurels drop.

Press H, go to the "achievements" tab (then leave it on top category: "Summary"), take a screenshot and post it here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

Laurels do not drop. You are most likely thinking of Spirit Shards. Those 2 are not the same.

Which would also explain why you are confused about others receiving 10-15 Laurels, from log in rewards, and why you are seeing Spirit Shards "drop" or accumulate in amounts of 1, which is the most common accumulation of spirit shards every time a players accounts levels past max mastery.

For completion sake, strait from the wiki:

With the new system of Login rewards you can receive up to 55 Laurels per month (by logging in 28 days per month) as opposed to 40 Laurels per 30-day month using the old system (by completing every daily and the monthly).

- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Laurel

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

Now I'm confused. The only way I know of to get laurels is through log-in rewards. They don't drop from any farming or chest that I'm aware. There maybe achievements that reward laurels, but that wouldn't be a normal reward.

The login rewards are the same for everybody, as we're all mentioning. If you aren't getting those rewards according to the schedule, there's a problem that would require you (probably) to file a ticket.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

So how many laurels do you have right now, and how many have you already spent? Can't be a lot if you only get 1 per bag.

I have 2 at the moment.  I was waiting for laurels to buy a recipe (needed 5) So was happy when the a got laurels for logging in, then sad when I found it only contained only one.  One laurel as a log in reward is a bit of a joke don't you think?

• Confused 2

There is only one time you get one laurel in the bag, on the 2nd daily login. 

2nd Daily Login (1)

7th (10)

9th (2)

16th (3)

21st (15)

23rd (4).

As well as the option of getting 20 on your 28th day. For a total of 35 or 55 per 28 days.

if it’s happening more then once a month then it’s a bug and you should contact support.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Joote.4081 said:

Sounds like "not true" to me too.

Either you are missing smth (like not paying attention to how many laurels you really got) or you just happen to confuse laurels with something else or whatnot.

Playing since some years now and i experienced some bugs here and there but i never had a problem with daily login rewards.
The laurels seem to work as intended to me at least.

Greetings
Cypher

• Like 4

If you got 1 laurel from a login reward 17 hours ago that means the next time you logged in after a daily reset (which may or may not be the next day for you) you got, or will get a bag containing 1 exotic essence of luck. Is that right?

That means you're on the first line of login rewards and 4 'days' after getting the luck you will get a bag of 10 laurels.

If you open the Hero panel, go to the achievements tab and look at the login reward table (or look at the version which comes up when you collect a login reward) you'll see the full schedule. Every 30 days you'll get a total of 35 laurels and the option to get another 20 if you choose the Chest of Loyalty as the final reward.

• Like 3

Only one day of the month (assuming you log in every day of the month) gives 1 laurel, the others are more, sometimes much more. 

Laurels aren't even really needed for anything outside of grabbing some crafting recipes. Stat selectable ascended trinkets you get from living season mats way easier. Most people who have been playing for more than a few months will start having extra and just throwing them at whatever is currently the most profitable (like heavy or medium crafting bags.)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Only one day of the month (assuming you log in every day of the month) gives 1 laurel, the others are more, sometimes much more. 

Laurels aren't even really needed for anything outside of grabbing some crafting recipes. Stat selectable ascended trinkets you get from living season mats way easier. Most people who have been playing for more than a few months will start having extra and just throwing them at whatever is currently the most profitable (like heavy or medium crafting bags.)

If I want ascended trinkets with 3 stat combinations I'm more likely to get them with laurels than living world materials, because I get laurels for logging in no matter what I'm doing whereas I have to go out of my way to farm the materials and even if I have time to do that I'd often prefer to spend it doing something more interesting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

If I want ascended trinkets with 3 stat combinations I'm more likely to get them with laurels than living world materials, because I get laurels for logging in no matter what I'm doing whereas I have to go out of my way to farm the materials and even if I have time to do that I'd often prefer to spend it doing something more interesting.

Might I then suggest to consider using the WvW Laurel Merchant?

Amulets cost 30 laurels, Rings Cost 35 Laurels and Accessory cost 40 Laurels and 50 Ecto at the regular Laurel merchant.

At least Amulets and Rings can be acquired cheaper at the WvW Laurel merchant, saving 10 Laurels in exchange for 250 Badges of Honor.

While I personally value Laurels more than farm-able materials, many players should have an excess of Badges of Honor even without playing WvW just from achievements alone.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Might I then suggest to consider using the WvW Laurel Merchant?

Amulets cost 30 laurels, Rings Cost 35 Laurels and Accessory cost 40 Laurels and 50 Ecto at the regular Laurel merchant.

At least Amulets and Rings can be acquired cheaper at the WvW Laurel merchant, saving 10 Laurels in exchange for 250 Badges of Honor.

While I personally value Laurels more than farm-able materials, many players should have an excess of Badges of Honor even without playing WvW just from achievements alone.

or get a few sets of the blood ruby ones ...

Sitting on 974. Used  at the very least 1/2 that amount or more over the years. And I don't ever waste them on useless bling/minis. They aren't that hard to collect and store if one is more discriminating on what they purchase with them. And as pointed out, logging in can get you 30 plus. Just take a few minutes and log in everyday.

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

If you want to get an ascended trinket then how is it going out of your way to get them with living world materials? You are doing something to meet a goal, that doesn't fall into the category of out of the way. 

You would get the trinket much faster using living world materials, else you could choose the slow route from daily login rewards but then you have to accept the fact that it will be slow.

Edited by LuRkEr.9462
  • Like 2