Game crashes since June 8 patch

I have encountered quite a few crashes as well over the past days. Today: First crash was while doing Meta in Tangled Dephts, second crash was after the Meta in Tangled Dephts, third chrash was during Spirit Run in Spirit Vale and fourth crash was during Sabetha in Spirit Vale. I had some crashes in WvW over the past days as well. I am running ArcDPS but tried without and still the game crashes randomly. Some people are crashing after using the refill mechanic of the mystic forge. I did that as well on Tuesday/Wednesday but I doubt it hast to do with that? Dunno,...the game doesn't feel stable at all at the moment. In never lag having strong internet + workstation but over the past days i laged quite a lot tbh.

Really hope they will come around with a fix soon.

I am still crashing and don't use any third party applications as an overlay.  None of those applications are installed on my PC so that is not the issue. Sounds like support is just trying to deflect having to take responsibility for breaking their game to me. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mordeki.1706 said:

I am still crashing and don't use any third party applications as an overlay.  None of those applications are installed on my PC so that is not the issue. Sounds like support is just trying to deflect having to take responsibility for breaking their game to me. 

I don't use any overlay besides arc dps. I deleted it and still have chrashes.

Crashed my first time during AB meta today. During the transition from Challenges phase to the Octovine (killing the door/gate up top) phase. Game crashed right when it transitioned.

-- 2 other people in my Guild have also been verbal about their crashes during other Meta's as well as in the middle of a Meta Phase. Crashes seem to be random.

Has anyone been able to find a solution to their crash problem?

I've been having crashes for about two weeks now, at an alarming rate and frequency. There doesn't appear to be any pattern to them, they happen regardless of map and character, nor is there any pattern to the probable causes as per the crash logs. Sometimes the game crashes and I can send the report to ANet, sometimes it simply vanishes, sometimes it locks up completely and I have to reboot my pc, and sometimes I get a BSOD. Sometimes I can play for a few hours without problems, most of the time the game crashes within minutes. So far, the only game this has been happening in is this one.

I have a brandnew pc (Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3.59 GHz - GeForce RTX3060 Ti - 24 gigs of RAM), bought three months ago, and one of the first things I did when I got it was come back to GW2 after years of not playing. So, for two and a half months I did not have this issue, until about 2 weeks ago. I can't say for sure if the 8 June patch is to blame, but the issues certainly started around that time.

I've been going back and forth with tech support for a few days now, and so far none of their suggested solutions, nor any I came up with myself have helped.

This is what I have done so far:

- checked RAM

- made sure all drivers were up-to-date

- checked hard drive integrity

- ran the game on a new Windows user account

- ran the game as administrator

- made sure my pc does a clean boot

- checked for viruses and malware

- made sure the game's whitelisted in both AV and firewall

- completely uninstalled the game and then reinstalled

- run repair after every single crash

- deleted DAT and other temp folders

- adjusted graphics card settings

- ran the game in compatibility mode

None of these things solved the problem. Short of completely reinstalling Windows, I think I've tried everything, and reinstalling Windows is not something I'd want to do unless there was absolutely no alternative.

Edited by Nether.5346

Tech support has thrown in the towel after a week.

At this point, I'm scared to even log on, since it's not a matter of if, but when it's going to crash.

If a next patch doesn't solve the issue for me (assuming the cause is the game itself), I guess I'm saying farewell to the game.

Well something defiantly is still odd even with a god level of optimization I don't get the performance I had before this patch . Because It was soo hot here I partially blamed the temperature here ( I also have a good cooling pad by the way). But with the temperatures back to normal the performance didn't go back to what it was.

(It possible I don't get a crash because I deactivated some exception handling)

Actually this happened a few times with Gw2 that the performance went worse after a patch but this time it looks  more like a memory leak or segmentation fault .

17 minutes ago, Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

Well something defiantly is still odd even with a god level of optimization I don't get the performance I had before this patch . Because It was soo hot here I partially blamed the temperature here ( I also have a good cooling pad by the way). But with the temperatures back to normal the performance didn't go back to what it was.

(It possible I don't get a crash because I deactivated some exception handling)

Actually this happened a few times with Gw2 that the performance went worse after a patch but this time it looks  more like a memory leak or segmentation fault .

But if it was a memory leak, wouldn't more players be affected? Judging from the posts here, we're only talking about a relatively small number.

3 hours ago, KompetenzElle.6431 said:

Which classes are you all playing? 
I just want to know because there was a time when the Revenant crashed the game because his skill tree was currupt.

Or do you think it hast to be something completely different? 

It started happening on my revenant, but I assume that was coincidental, because it's also been happening on ele, guardian, ranger and necro (the characters I have been playing the most for the past few months).

• 1 month later...

I've been having the game lock up on loading from one map to another.

I can log in fine, My chat will repeatedly show me the log in message and whomever is on say X is Online" countless times, I'll be in the game and i get lost connection to client pop up even though I can move freely and still talk with people, play the game, until i have to move maps then it just loads forever.

Or as its loading gives me a lost connection, check your internet....

All this started with last patch, I hope their is a fix soon. 

The state of the game has been atrocious last month. Absolutely unplayable. I have submitted ticket twice and it is always the same thing stating the problem is with my ISP whereas I am running much more demanding games just fine. Not purchasing the expac till they sort this out.  

So it isn't just me after all. I made a separate topic filled with people telling me I'm wrong and its my computer's fault. I purchased EoD after the stream and if I recall, the problem did start around the time of the world boss event update. I do not remember having any issues during the WvW event.

Sometimes my game crashes and then I get the in-game crash report message. Other times my game just flat out closes. Worse still is when the screen just freezes and I have to find a way to alt tab so I can exit out of the game.

On 8/1/2021 at 11:26 AM, Ayon.9875 said:

The state of the game has been atrocious last month. Absolutely unplayable. I have submitted ticket twice and it is always the same thing stating the problem is with my ISP whereas I am running much more demanding games just fine. Not purchasing the expac till they sort this out.  

That you can play othe more demanding game fine got nothing to do with it mate.

The road other games take to their server might not be the same that anet use bettwen your house and their servers.

• Thanks 1