Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Will Legendary Armory Change How Wardrobe Works?


Recommended Posts

So, I've got the legendary heavy armor set and I would think that this would mean that any heavy class should be able to use said armor. Now, if you have a look that you like on your characters will those looks be replaced with whatever look you've made with your legendary armor set? Will our characters that use the legendary armor have a 2nd NEW slot for each piece of armor that works similar to the outfit, which, I think would be a good solution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious as to how it will work given we have cultural armor that has to be transmuted before it can be passed to another character of a different race. But I'm assuming that once we add the items to the armory, duplicates will be created on each character with whatever their base appearance is. Just a guess though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still believe that people are waaaaaaaay overthinking the functionality of the armoury. It will probably just be that you can withdraw the amount of legendaries of any type you have on the account and that withdrawn legendary is soulbound. 

 

The skin is completely irrelevant for other characters because its a duplicate of the legendary in the armoury (which of course is always stock). Every character have their own unique version.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I still believe that people are waaaaaaaay overthinking the functionality of the armoury. It will probably just be that you can withdraw the amount of legendaries of any type you have on the account and that withdrawn legendary is soulbound. 

 

The skin is completely irrelevant for other characters because its a duplicate of the legendary in the armoury (which of course is always stock). Every character have their own unique version.

Didnt think of this, but i think this is the most likely to happen idea.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We won't know how it works until Anet give us more info (I can't remember when that is but it's coming up).

 

But Anet know that fashion and character customisation is important for a lot of people in GW2 and that they won't want to be stuck with the same skins on every character, so I'll be very surprised if they haven't figured out a way for the armoury to allow you to change the skins at least on each character.

 

What would be really nice but seems less likely is a way to change them on each equipment template, so you can have different skins to go with different stats as an easy way of identifying which equipment template you're currently using.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I still believe that people are waaaaaaaay overthinking the functionality of the armoury. It will probably just be that you can withdraw the amount of legendaries of any type you have on the account and that withdrawn legendary is soulbound. 

 

The skin is completely irrelevant for other characters because its a duplicate of the legendary in the armoury (which of course is always stock). Every character have their own unique version.

 

This. 

I mean, how long have we known anet now? Secretly we know what's coming :).

Whereby I like to be surprised. It just happens very rarely with anet, unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I still believe that people are waaaaaaaay overthinking the functionality of the armoury. It will probably just be that you can withdraw the amount of legendaries of any type you have on the account and that withdrawn legendary is soulbound.

 

That makes zero sense, since the point of the Armory is to make Legendary Equipment accessible across all characters at the same time, no?

 

If that's not the case, then it's going to be poop and they can keep it to themselves. No need for such a "feature" then.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

 

That makes zero sense, since the point of the Armory is to make Legendary Equipment accessible across all characters at the same time, no?

 

If that's not the case, then it's going to be poop and they can keep it to themselves. No need for such a "feature" then.

But that system would do that. It would be like the old (but still in-game) system for Zenith, Hellfire and Radiant skins where you can withdraw as many as you want from the achievement menu, so you can use them on every character because every character can have their own copy, or multiple copies if they need it. Just this system would give you a complete item with stats instead of just a skin.

 

1 hour ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

 

This. 

I mean, how long have we known anet now? Secretly we know what's coming :).

Whereby I like to be surprised. It just happens very rarely with anet, unfortunately.

Why would that be a problem? It's not how I'm expecting the armoury to work based on how Anet have described it so far but it would work and it would solve a lot of the concerns people have with skins and customisation, so I don't see what would be wrong with it if that is the system we get.

 

Unless you literally mean you want something that's entirely different from anything you imagined, even if what you imagined would be good, because being surprised is more important than getting a good system?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

 

Well, the answer I quoted said "soulbound", which means that only one character at once will be able to use a piece of legendary equipment. Or did I misunderstand the statement?

 

I read it as any character can have the equipment at once but it would be soulbound to each of them as  an item you can reskin.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Any answer you get here will be a guess or a preference, unless it's anet that responds. And anet already said we'll get details about armory closer to the release.

This^^
How should we know?

 

"B..but maybe you can sp..speculate..." -Sure, but what would that do for you? Either people speculate something you like, then you agree with them and set yourself up for disapointment when ANet does not go the route you speculated they would or you don't agree to what is being speculated and fear for something that might turn out vastly different than speculated, again. What good does it do if you hear the baseless speculations of others?

"But w..what if someone has a really good idea..." - I doubt ANet will change anything about the way they plan on handling this feature based on a forum post.
"But what i..if he idea is really, really good and all?" - 1)Most of the time the ideas suggested here aren't that great or rehashs going back to 2013. 2)We can suggest and speculate all we want but no one here has any numbers. Anet does. Also no one, or less than 1% of the forum users are ANet or NCS shareholders. So it doesn't matter what is being said here on the forums, ANet does not need to listen to us as long as the shareholders are content with the amount of money funelled from the whales.

"b..but they did mounts. Everything is possible!!!" - No it's not. If it isn't monetizable, it won't happen. If it costs more to implement a feature thn what the feature can be monetized for, the feature won't happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

 

Ahhh, that makes sense now - thank you. :classic_smile:

Yes the point was that every character would have them.

 

Imagine it like a vendor with specific currency that have all legendaries to purchase and you just get a token that always exist on all characters. With 1 "bifrost token" per character you can buy bifrost on every character once and if you salvage or delete it you get the token back. So you always have it equipped or available on all characters. The soulbound aspect is just an easy way to have it per character (and they can probably stop it from even being able to be put in the bank but you get the idea).

 

This is how I believe it will work in a wider sense.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, being able to draw the item from the armory that is then soulbound makes the most sense rather than it being an interface to pass it between characters. Does this mean you would only need one legendary rune/sigil and one of each weapon then though? I can see it as being able to draw up to the amount that was put into the armory though. Yeah, that makes sense then.

 

Put 6 runes into the armory, then every character is able to withdraw 6 runes out, but soulbound.

 

Put 1 Frostfang in, then every char can only pull out 1 Frostfang, but if you put two in every char can pull out 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

This^^
How should we know?

 

"B..but maybe you can sp..speculate..." -Sure, but what would that do for you? Either people speculate something you like, then you agree with them and set yourself up for disapointment when ANet does not go the route you speculated they would or you don't agree to what is being speculated and fear for something that might turn out vastly different than speculated, again. What good does it do if you hear the baseless speculations of others?

"But w..what if someone has a really good idea..." - I doubt ANet will change anything about the way they plan on handling this feature based on a forum post.
"But what i..if he idea is really, really good and all?" - 1)Most of the time the ideas suggested here aren't that great or rehashs going back to 2013. 2)We can suggest and speculate all we want but no one here has any numbers. Anet does. Also no one, or less than 1% of the forum users are ANet or NCS shareholders. So it doesn't matter what is being said here on the forums, ANet does not need to listen to us as long as the shareholders are content with the amount of money funelled from the whales.

"b..but they did mounts. Everything is possible!!!" - No it's not. If it isn't monetizable, it won't happen. If it costs more to implement a feature thn what the feature can be monetized for, the feature won't happen.

To be fair, not everything ArenaNet releases is monetized. We've had some really nice QoL features released over the years.  Wardrobe, Deposit All, Salvage All, Auto-loot, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

To be fair, not everything ArenaNet releases is monetized. We've had some really nice QoL features released over the years.  Wardrobe, Deposit All, Salvage All, Auto-loot, etc. 

True but all those things were released years ago when the development philosophy was a different one or at least felt different to me..

Edited by lokh.2695
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, being able to draw the item from the armory that is then soulbound makes the most sense rather than it being an interface to pass it between characters. Does this mean you would only need one legendary rune/sigil and one of each weapon then though? I can see it as being able to draw up to the amount that was put into the armory though. Yeah, that makes sense then.

 

Put 6 runes into the armory, then every character is able to withdraw 6 runes out, but soulbound.

 

Put 1 Frostfang in, then every char can only pull out 1 Frostfang, but if you put two in every char can pull out 2.

Pretty much. The only real question will be whether the armory is as I described an NPC "vendor" where you "buy" owned legendaries or if it will be more like the wardrobe where you stack nonfunctional "skins" but can pull out legendaries.

 

Any other solution would be interesting.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Pretty much. The only real question will be whether the armory is as I described an NPC "vendor" where you "buy" owned legendaries or if it will be more like the wardrobe where you stack nonfunctional "skins" but can pull out legendaries.

 

Any other solution would be interesting.

I think it would be like  the wardrobe.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I still believe that people are waaaaaaaay overthinking the functionality of the armoury. It will probably just be that you can withdraw the amount of legendaries of any type you have on the account and that withdrawn legendary is soulbound. 

 

The skin is completely irrelevant for other characters because its a duplicate of the legendary in the armoury (which of course is always stock). Every character have their own unique version.

 

See, I mentioned this before and was told I was an idiot for it. Glad I'm not the only one that thought of this. It's really the only logical way of implementing this properly and making fashion wars players happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will work the same way it does now. Its just that when you equip it to a character, other characters will see it with the link icon. The big problem is that there are race specific skins that will make it impossible to use unless they separate transmutation from equipment.

 

We can only hope that wardrobe finally gets separated from gear.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

It will work the same way it does now. Its just that when you equip it to a character, other characters will see it with the link icon. The big problem is that there are race specific skins that will make it impossible to use unless they separate transmutation from equipment.

 

We can only hope that wardrobe finally gets separated from gear.

 

For armour the skins (and dyes) could be separated from the gear and moved to the slot but for weapons that would be tricky. 

 

For example, imagine I have two daggers with different skins but swap them out for my shortbow for a fight, what happens to the dagger skins then? Are they lost? If I reequip them do I have to reskin them again? Does the game have to remember a separate set of weapon skins for each equipment template?

 

I'm hoping that Dawdler is right and we can basically "check out" soulbound copies of all our Legendaries on each character and reskin them as we wish.

 

Oh well, we'll find out in less than a month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, Pifil.5193 said:

 

For armour the skins (and dyes) could be separated from the gear and moved to the slot but for weapons that would be tricky. 

 

For example, imagine I have two daggers with different skins but swap them out for my shortbow for a fight, what happens to the dagger skins then? Are they lost? If I reequip them do I have to reskin them again? Does the game have to remember a separate set of weapon skins for each equipment template?

 

I'm hoping that Dawdler is right and we can basically "check out" soulbound copies of all our Legendaries on each character and reskin them as we wish.

 

Oh well, we'll find out in less than a month.

It obviously wouldn't be for weapons. Armor slots are only for one specific gear while weapon slots are for any kind of weapon. If they were to update weapons the same way as armor, then I can see cosmetic weapon slots added to the wardrobe in the empty space on the right.

 

Having soul bound copies generally clutters up a system. The way GW2 does things it just isn't design for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...