Will Legendary Armory Change How Wardrobe Works?

9 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

It obviously wouldn't be for weapons. Armor slots are only for one specific gear while weapon slots are for any kind of weapon. If they were to update weapons the same way as armor, then I can see cosmetic weapon slots added to the wardrobe in the empty space on the right.

Having soul bound copies generally clutters up a system. The way GW2 does things it just isn't design for it.

How would it clutter up the system? Under that system, If I'd have an X amount of legendaries in my armory that a character could use, I'd replace X pieces of its old gear with X soulbound legendary pieces, resulting in a zero sum change. I might even be able to get rid of more gear if I keep some extra pieces in my inventory/bank that aren't used frequently enough to warrant getting a new template for.

On 6/12/2021 at 1:08 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Pretty much. The only real question will be whether the armory is as I described an NPC "vendor" where you "buy" owned legendaries or if it will be more like the wardrobe where you stack nonfunctional "skins" but can pull out legendaries.

Any other solution would be interesting.

From what we already heard it should be an additional function of the gear template system (meaning, you should be able to "link" items from armory in gear tabs, the same way you can now link item from one tab in another). That's exactly where the concerns about wardrobe have arisen in the first place (since currently the gear template system interacts with wardrobe in a very limited and very unsatisfactory way).

On 6/16/2021 at 2:32 AM, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

How would it clutter up the system? Under that system, If I'd have an X amount of legendaries in my armory that a character could use, I'd replace X pieces of its old gear with X soulbound legendary pieces, resulting in a zero sum change. I might even be able to get rid of more gear if I keep some extra pieces in my inventory/bank that aren't used frequently enough to warrant getting a new template for.

In every engine ever, letting players duplicate customizable items indefinitely is a drag on it.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

In every engine ever, letting players duplicate customizable items indefinitely is a drag on it.

It's not really "indefinitely" though.

There are three main limitations here, the number of legendaries you have, the number of characters you have and the number of slots in those character's inventories and equipment templates.

You can't have more copies of legendaries than you have legendaries multiplied by the number of characters you have and it really doesn't matter whether a slot contains an exotic sword or a legendary one.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

It's not really "indefinitely" though.

There are three main limitations here, the number of legendaries you have, the number of characters you have and the number of slots in those character's inventories and equipment templates.

You can't have more copies of legendaries than you have legendaries multiplied by the number of characters you have and it really doesn't matter whether a slot contains an exotic sword or a legendary one.

Having it track copy limitation is unnecessarily complicated than just letting you use each one legendary of each you have. If you want staves swords, make two. If you want 7 runes, make them.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

I am more than happy to spread common knowledge for those lacking.

Maybe try to come up with something that makes sense when next the urge strikes you. The handful of legendaries the handful of people who will use the feature will add to the total pool of all combined inventories of all people playing will be an infinitesimally small percentage. It won't even register on the server load.

If a withdrawing system were to be used, which it may or may not, the people who actually have legendaries to withdraw, are people who probably know what they're doing and they are very unlikely to bloat their own inventories.

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Maybe try to come up with something that makes sense when next the urge strikes you. The handful of legendaries the handful of people who will use the feature will add to the total pool of all combined inventories of all people playing will be an infinitesimally small percentage. It won't even register on the server load.

If a withdrawing system were to be used, which it may or may not, the people who actually have legendaries to withdraw, are people who probably know what they're doing and they are very unlikely to bloat their own inventories.

Item copy won't happen. Legendary items will just go in an inventory visible on the left of the window that all character will access just like how it works between multiple equipment templates. Apologies if this explanation is still beyond your grasp.

Note me if you want charts.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Item copy won't happen. Legendary items will just go in an inventory visible on the left of the window that all character will access just like how it works between multiple equipment templates. Apologies if this explanation is still beyond your grasp.

Note me if you want charts.

I'm sorry you didn't pay attention to my disclaimer about how we don't yet know how the armory will work.. I'm starting to believe your self-professed knowledge and expertise in any matter might be a bit overrated and I'd do well to ignore you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I'm sorry you didn't pay attention to my disclaimer about how we don't yet know how the armory will work.. I'm starting to believe your self-professed knowledge and expertise in any matter might be a bit overrated and I'd do well to ignore you.

Anet is predictable when it comes to UI features.

• Confused 1