Constant Dcs at the end of every story chapter in basic story

Can't we have checkpoints for whenever we get dced 100 times in the normal story, its really annoying and unforgivable for players to have to redo everything just to keep getting dced at the end of every story from the base game, and no i checked my internet connection and other settings everything is fine it's just a freaking random dc that takes me back to the character screen, it's annoying and it ruins gameplay...

• Like 2

I am so tired of having to do the freaking same chapters over and over and over again wtf is wrong with this, this is infuriating, frustrating, your game is built on a house of cards, it's freaking unplayable...

Edited by Hugedeal.5426

On 6/11/2021 at 3:38 PM, Hugedeal.5426 said:

Can't we have checkpoints for whenever we get dced 100 times in the normal story, its really annoying and unforgivable for players to have to redo everything just to keep getting dced at the end of every story from the base game, and no i checked my internet connection and other settings everything is fine it's just a freaking random dc that takes me back to the character screen, it's annoying and it ruins gameplay...

I had the same issues over and over since launch and have quit playing multiple time for years due to this. Over 3 different IP and 3 different houses i've lived in it always does the same. I've gone through everything with support and they always blame it on the IP yet this is the ONLY game out of the 13 online games i play that does this. It's to do with packet loss apparently but it's actually bad design in the game code as losing packets shouldn't dc you an instanced story.

I have not had this happen to me anymore since I applied one workaround that is in one of the other threads about this bug. Go to Options, scroll all the way down on that first tab and then put "Content Streaming" to "On Demand".  For some reason my accounts always reset to  Idle again, so I have to keep reminding me of doing that before I do some Story instance with  long cutscenes. 

i had this exact issue always disconnecting at the end of a story line mission and start over again ...if it was a short mission i would be lucky not to DC, i looked around and saw a post about using a vpn to solve the issue and it does work for me , i use norton antivirus and has a vpn i turn it on before playing GW2 and problem is gone.