Can't decide on a class for solo that isn't necro

Hobothesis.6420

I had a reaper and it made me lazy af and then I quit like 9 months ago and now I'm back. When I say solo I mean be able to go into like HoT/PoF content and not have to rely on other people to help me kill some mob. Guard seems like the 'go to' but it seems a little complicated having to time blinds or your aegis, and what does a firebrand do if you come across a fire immune mob? War seems straight forward but also seems like if you miss one of your cooldowns you can straight up die. Mesmer going mirage seems fun as I watched vids of the staff mirages just rolling around (and IIRC going sword as a mes you feel like a duelist which is cool). I'd also like to be able to do some pvp as I never tried it out, going after achievements for completions, etc

I understand you can have multiple characters and everyone does, but I'd like to settle down on one for the time being and once I understand what classes would be good for this or that fractal and the like move forward. Everyone has that 'one' main they always play and I just overthink everything. I also think getting my necro to 80, then immediately hopping on a point train to get the reaper just burnt me out as I quit shortly after that.

@Hobothesis.6420I'm struggling with this as well. I'm coming from a new player perspective, going on almost 2 1/2 to 3 months now. So far the level 80's I have is Engineer, Guardian, Ranger, & Elementalist. It's extremely hard for me to decided on this and I'm wanting to pick a main for the very same reason, now I don't have elite specs on all these toons but I do struggle with the same issues as you. A lot of people say Guardian can do anything but I feel like a I die a lot a lot just like my Ele, a mob looks at me and I'm near dying and in Fractials I'm dying all the time on Ele and Guard. Just know that you aren't alone. 

Encase you were wondering the only characters that I have elite specs unlocked is Holo, Druid, and Temp. 

Edited by Gigawatt.7850

Almost every class offers such a build. I have found that for my tastes, Scourge, Renegade and Soulbeast are my go to classes for the kinds of things you want to do ... and yes, Mirage has a facerolling build that is also extremely simple to master with little knowledge of the class if that's your thing. It's more about how you want to play than what classes are capable of accomplishing these tasks. 

Your experience is similar to mine ... Guardian is extremely reliant on timing blocks and Warrior is reasonably dependent on staying in the fight to maintain its sustainability from proc'ed heals. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

The only profession I wouldn't recommend for new players solo is elementalist.  That's the only one that's actually hard to play.  I mean, it's fun, but it is also hard.  Just look at most of them:

Warrior: Has massive bulk and several invulnerability skills, as well as great self-sustain with certain builds.

Revenant:  Has two heal skills, and massive self-sustain.  Also has considerable bulk.

Guardian: Has the highest burst damage in the game.  Aegis solves most problems, and blinds solve the rest.  Firebrands deal with condition immune mobs by beating it senseless with their relatively high power damage.

Ranger: The pet can solo most fights for you.

Engineer: Has a wide set of skills, but once you figure out how to blind spam with bomb kit and mortar kit then everything is easy.

Thief: Seems hard at first, but it has massive self-sustain and also has the most blind spam out of any class in the game.  Also has nigh limitless evades.

Necromancer: you're all familiar with this one.  Massive bulk, blind spam, petting zoo.

Mesmer:  Arguably the second hardest class to play for newbies, but most enemies are dumb and will attack your clones over attacking you.  Can unload a lot of ranged damage, and also has several damage immunity skills.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Every class can solo the story content. Some classes can solo harder monsters easier however. 

I mainly play elementalist, after I learnt how not to go splat soloing got much easier, but it's not a easy class to play also has one of the rougher entries into the game as core elementalist is so bad. .

Over my time, I would say I've found thief and necro the easiest classes to solo with and prolly the most capable when it comes to soloing HoTs hero points which seem oddly much harder then core and PoFs to achieve. 

Scrapper can be up your alley.

• easy to play
  • great support capability (party quickness, protection, might, stealth, superspeed, ress, and more)
  • tanky and reliable - perma stab and barriers, along with great protection uptime.

Just be sure to gear him up proper (i recommend celestial stats, but anything that does solid power damage is a good choice), and accept he's a warrior type in terms of cleaving mobs - can't cover acres of land with his aoes like Necro or Ele or pull 5 mobs from 1200 range to make it easy on himself.
Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I can't speak to every class, but I solo 100% of the time, and can speak to that experience on three classes: Rangers, Necros, and Warriors. I'm also a very casual player, which means (a) I don't focus on perfection, and (b) I'm not very good. So view my comments through that lens. 😁

Ranger: Having a pet vastly simplifies a lot of encounters. Many of them can be incredibly tanky, and unless you aggro a whole group onto yourself you'll find it very simple to take on most open world content (and even some dungeons and Champions). And they benefit from having very solid weapon choices; longbows are powerful and give good utility, as are greatswords. Axes and swords are a mixed bag but both find their place in various builds. While the Druid elite is generally not useful for a solo character, a Soulbeast is basically a direct upgrade to everything Rangers do: it makes your pets more powerful, and it makes you more powerful when you merge with them. Rangers are an incredibly common solo class specifically because they're tough, well-rounded, can self buff effectively, and get a pet for a sidekick to take the heat off. Plus, you get to travel the world and find pets!

Necromancer: You've played it, so no need to expand. I will say that I grew annoyed with my Necro, and she's now mostly shelved and kept for crafting purposes.

Warrior: My current main. While it's not going to win any awards for being the most OP class in the game (that'd be Guardians and Revenants), what I appreciate about my Warrior is that he's incredibly reliable, survivable, and functional. He has high sustain and moderate damage the way I play him, but it's just as easy to build for high damage if I wanted to go that route. They have some solid weapon choices (for melee; range is kinda meh) which means you're not stuck playing one weapon forever. And the Adrenaline mechanic is simple and easy to use; I'm not much of a keyboard wizard, so I tend to suck at classes that require you to play the piano on every fight.

I haven't experimented with the Berserker Elite yet, because I honestly like Spellbreaker so much. Dagger mainhand is fast and fun to use, and Full Counter is a great ability; while you don't boonstrip much in PvE, it's damage mitigation, damage, and it resets your F1 skill at the same time.

Edited by Dao Jones.6720

Enjoy! 

Darkrazor's Daring + Icerazor's Ire, Legend Swap, Impossible Odds, Autoattack (repeat, with one buffer Darkrazor's Daring + Icerazor's Ire while AA'ing when back in Kalla).

Perma (and near instant) 25 Might, Vuln, Fury, Protection, ~400-1000+ sustained Healing per second (plus 2 heal skills), 30k Bursts with an easy 15k DPS pretty much just Auto Attacking, with Stunbreaks, mass CC, some Quickness/Teleports and debilitating condition Cleanses with a strong ranged option in Shortbow (ranged but slightly lower sustain and damage due to lower Battlescar generation).

It's basically a better and easier OW Reaper (both in terms of higher damage, less key presses, drastically more surviveability and sustain).

It can solo pretty much everything solo'able, and beyond that it can easily be retooled into an Alacrity Renegade for organized group content. 

Although if you felt lazy with Reaper, maybe not, as you can basically even unbind Dodge with this since you want to keep up Brutal Momentum and got so much sustain anyway that unless somehow oneshot or permanently CC'ed and no energy for stunbreaks, nothing in the game does enough damage to kill you.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2021 at 9:11 AM, Asum.4960 said:

Enjoy! 

Darkrazor's Daring + Icerazor's Ire, Legend Swap, Impossible Odds, Autoattack (repeat, with one buffer Darkrazor's Daring + Icerazor's Ire while AA'ing when back in Kalla).

Perma (and near instant) 25 Might, Vuln, Fury, Protection, ~400-1000+ sustained Healing per second (plus 2 heal skills), 30k Bursts with an easy 15k DPS pretty much just Auto Attacking, with Stunbreaks, mass CC, some Quickness/Teleports and debilitating condition Cleanses with a strong ranged option in Shortbow (ranged but slightly lower sustain and damage due to lower Battlescar generation).

It's basically a better and easier OW Reaper (both in terms of higher damage, less key presses, drastically more surviveability and sustain).

It can solo pretty much everything solo'able, and beyond that it can easily be retooled into an Alacrity Renegade for organized group content. 

Although if you felt lazy with Reaper, maybe not, as you can basically even unbind Dodge with this since you want to keep up Brutal Momentum and got so much sustain anyway that unless somehow oneshot or permanently CC'ed and no energy for stunbreaks, nothing in the game does enough damage to kill you.

My rev is 44 now so about to get the 2nd traitline and it's fun so far. Swapping between dwarf and assassin to keep up fury/might and yes, impossible odds active and just activating AA makes Shiro crazy. Is there any way to gain more energy besides the F2 on use? I find that if I'm in like Shiro and I want to use his teleport I can't really use Impossible Odds for more than a second as the energy is gone (which is okay as sword 5 is a teleport)

40 minutes ago, Hobothesis.6420 said:

My rev is 44 now so about to get the 2nd traitline and it's fun so far. Swapping between dwarf and assassin to keep up fury/might and yes, impossible odds active and just activating AA makes Shiro crazy. Is there any way to gain more energy besides the F2 on use? I find that if I'm in like Shiro and I want to use his teleport I can't really use Impossible Odds for more than a second as the energy is gone (which is okay as sword 5 is a teleport)

Aside from using Charged Mists in Invocation (which I wouldn't recommend outside of Fractals with Potions and Mastery for free Crit Chance over Rolling Mists), no.

That said, once you get to Renegade, it won't really be an issue anymore. 

You'll want Impossible Odds up while your Kalla Spirits and you are attacking to trigger it every 1/4 of a second for a major burst, and then swap back to Kalla asap anyway - at which point you can also fit in a Phase Traversal for the Quickness. 

Before getting Kalla as second (and primary) offensive Legend, leaving Shiro to refresh Energy might feel a bit bad since there really only is Vengeful Hammer on Jalis, but that's temporary until you swap off of Shiro as soon as the 10 second CD is up to get back to Kalla, turning Shiro from your main Legend to your burst filler. 

Glad you are having fun!

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 6:51 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The only profession I wouldn't recommend for new players solo is elementalist.  That's the only one that's actually hard to play.  I mean, it's fun, but it is also hard.

Stigma's are hard to get rid of, but full Trailblaizer gear says hi! It doesn't get much easier in open world with a full Trailblazer Ele (doesn't matter which spec, it's all faceroll!).

For some kind of reason, people only think there's only 2 stat combinations in this game: Berserker and Viper, but open your eyes: Trailblazer and Marauder (and such) are really good alternatives for the so called "difficult classes" out there. It's not for nothing that their max damage cap is significantly higher compared to the so called "beginner friendly" classes!

Which actually makes every single class beginner friendly. You just have to think out of the box!

My 2 cents, though: Marauder Daredevil (or any Thief for that matter) with Invigorating Precision. You heal crazy amounts pretty much every time you do damage (cause Marauder gear gives you the extra precision which synergizes really well with Invigorating Precision) and still do a LOT of damage! And the extra vitality from Marauder is so you hardly ever get one-shotted! And oh yeah: mobility ... it's a breeze! (compared to the Necro you were getting tired of)

4 hours ago, Agrippa Oculus.3726 said:

Stigma's are hard to get rid of, but full Trailblaizer gear says hi! It doesn't get much easier in open world with a full Trailblazer Ele (doesn't matter which spec, it's all faceroll!).

For some kind of reason, people only think there's only 2 stat combinations in this game: Berserker and Viper, but open your eyes: Trailblazer and Marauder (and such) are really good alternatives for the so called "difficult classes" out there. It's not for nothing that their max damage cap is significantly higher compared to the so called "beginner friendly" classes!

Which actually makes every single class beginner friendly. You just have to think out of the box!

My 2 cents, though: Marauder Daredevil (or any Thief for that matter) with Invigorating Precision. You heal crazy amounts pretty much every time you do damage (cause Marauder gear gives you the extra precision which synergizes really well with Invigorating Precision) and still do a LOT of damage! And the extra vitality from Marauder is so you hardly ever get one-shotted! And oh yeah: mobility ... it's a breeze! (compared to the Necro you were getting tired of)

Im sorry ur statements are incorrect.

Elementalist Doesnt do more DPS THen other options, this sounds like u've read this off benchmarks. instead of raid averages, if u notice half of eles Benchmarks are done on large hitboxs.. which wildly increases the Damage results because it allows AoEs to get more ticks in but completely irrelevent to a actual Fight.

Elementalist in Realistic Situations actually does Less DPS then ALOT of options.

Trailblazers Doesnt make Ele "Easier" when every other class can do the same thing, it still has lowest Defense avaliable.. and even in trailblazers its still sitting with roughly 16k HP..Ele will still require u to use alot of its Active Defense through its rotations to survive.. trailblazer makes every class "Easier". but when u drop the difficulty across the board.. Nothing Becomes "Easier" Comparing them together.

theres a Reason why when u read tons of topics on Ele.. u see people rerolling from it.. and calling the proffession bad and its not because these players are successful with the class.. trying to say "elementalist is as good as a Necro in open world".. sounds like ur trying to pull the best solo option of ele v the worst build possible of Necro.

Ele has 4 attunements it'll cycle.. Necro presses 1 button for a second life bar.

trying to imply that elementalist is Super easy and friendly and someone should go roll one to solo HoT Hero points and champion mobs with... is information that'll likely drive the person to quitting the game. because its simply untrue. because  ur litterally throwing them into the deep end where the effort will be 20 fold.

Elementalist is never gonna "Faceroll content", im a New player on ele as a first character.. i've totalled over 3000 Deaths and i havent even played long.. because the quantity of times fat fingering the wrong attunement or being too slow reacting to something hasnt Mauled me to death.

While my Necromancer.. has like 4 deaths and has done all stories too.

and the funniest thing was i did my necro with Full DPS Raid build.. while i used bulked the Ele out MASSIVELY.. and it'd still felt like my necro was light years ahead.

this post feels like more of a bitter attack towards the notion that elementalist maybe considered to be harder to play then other Options in the game then anything. these armours are avaliable to everyone. not just ele.. and telling the ele to halve their DPS for the sake of survivability.. something alot of options dont have to do.. seems mental to me.

go do 36k DPS on ur Scourge in fullDPS WIth 0 survivability issues and Huge Barriers.

or go lower ur 38k Weaver to 18k DPS to Triple ur survivability.. and still be considered worse

It rly sounds even here, classes are better the nothers at some content.. samer goes for Raids, same for fractals, same for PvP.. Open world soloing isnt eles strength. not saying it dobnt have any but that aint one of em

Edited by Daddy.8125

2 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Im sorry ur statements are incorrect.

Elementalist Doesnt do more DPS THen other options, this sounds like u've read this off benchmarks. instead of raid averages, if u notice half of eles Benchmarks are done on large hitboxs.. which wildly increases the Damage results because it allows AoEs to get more ticks in but completely irrelevent to a actual Fight.

Elementalist in Realistic Situations actually does Less DPS then ALOT of options.

Trailblazers Doesnt make Ele "Easier" when every other class can do the same thing, it still has lowest Defense avaliable.. and even in trailblazers its still sitting with roughly 16k HP..Ele will still require u to use alot of its Active Defense through its rotations to survive.. trailblazer makes every class "Easier". but when u drop the difficulty across the board.. Nothing Becomes "Easier" Comparing them together.

theres a Reason why when u read tons of topics on Ele.. u see people rerolling from it.. and calling the proffession bad and its not because these players are successful with the class.. trying to say "elementalist is as good as a Necro in open world".. sounds like ur trying to pull the best solo option of ele v the worst build possible of Necro.

Ele has 4 attunements it'll cycle.. Necro presses 1 button for a second life bar.

trying to imply that elementalist is Super easy and friendly and someone should go roll one to solo HoT Hero points and champion mobs with... is information that'll likely drive the person to quitting the game. because its simply untrue. because  ur litterally throwing them into the deep end where the effort will be 20 fold.

Elementalist is never gonna "Faceroll content", im a New player on ele as a first character.. i've totalled over 3000 Deaths and i havent even played long.. because the quantity of times fat fingering the wrong attunement or being too slow reacting to something hasnt Mauled me to death.

While my Necromancer.. has like 4 deaths and has done all stories too.

and the funniest thing was i did my necro with Full DPS Raid build.. while i used bulked the Ele out MASSIVELY.. and it'd still felt like my necro was light years ahead.

this post feels like more of a bitter attack towards the notion that elementalist maybe considered to be harder to play then other Options in the game then anything. these armours are avaliable to everyone. not just ele.. and telling the ele to halve their DPS for the sake of survivability.. something alot of options dont have to do.. seems mental to me.

go do 36k DPS on ur Scourge in fullDPS WIth 0 survivability issues and Huge Barriers.

or go lower ur 38k Weaver to 18k DPS to Triple ur survivability.. and still be considered worse

It rly sounds even here, classes are better the nothers at some content.. samer goes for Raids, same for fractals, same for PvP.. Open world soloing isnt eles strength. not saying it dobnt have any but that aint one of em

I just have to disagree with you.

You're playing the (Trailblazer) Ele wrong then. I recommend the Tempest, cause in my experience they tend to be a bit easier. Although Weaver, once you know the rhythm of the rotation you'll be amazed how much AoE damage you can do in open world. And the best thing about it is, which a LOT of people don't even know but is statistically proven when gw2raidar was still a thing: the condi Weaver actually has quite a forgiving rotation! Sure there are some key skills (like Weave Self), but missing a beat is not that punishing like say: "the Necro using that 1 button as a second life bar" which will plummet its already lowest DPS output.

But back to the topic at hand. Although I have quite some experience in raiding with all classes, cause well ... my main has never actually been really welcome in raids in the first place, so you'll start to learn other professions really well!!!

I think the OP wants to know about open world and beginner friendly classes. And the only real answer is this: all classes have their builds (especially if you're open to different stat combinations than the ones set in stone) that shine in open world ... EVEN Eles!

Just have a look at this page:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World

It's not a coincidence that Ele has the most 5-star rated builds on this page!

1 hour ago, Agrippa Oculus.3726 said:

I just have to disagree with you.

You're playing the (Trailblazer) Ele wrong then. I recommend the Tempest, cause in my experience they tend to be a bit easier. Although Weaver, once you know the rhythm of the rotation you'll be amazed how much AoE damage you can do in open world. And the best thing about it is, which a LOT of people don't even know but is statistically proven when gw2raidar was still a thing: the condi Weaver actually has quite a forgiving rotation! Sure there are some key skills (like Weave Self), but missing a beat is not that punishing like say: "the Necro using that 1 button as a second life bar" which will plummet its already lowest DPS output.

But back to the topic at hand. Although I have quite some experience in raiding with all classes, cause well ... my main has never actually been really welcome in raids in the first place, so you'll start to learn other professions really well!!!

I think the OP wants to know about open world and beginner friendly classes. And the only real answer is this: all classes have their builds (especially if you're open to different stat combinations than the ones set in stone) that shine in open world ... EVEN Eles!

Just have a look at this page:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World

It's not a coincidence that Ele has the most 5-star rated builds on this page!

I disagree with prtetty much 99% of what uv'e said.. i dont even know where u base these opinons.

Past Weaver was Staff. and Staff is jknown to be a FAR easier weapon to wield.. but everyone knows Staff got GUTTED by nerfs and no longer is good. dont base ur statistics on Old news from a Prior time.

GW2Radar is likely wrong or outdated now. since any todays Statistics on raids show Most people arent even reaching 50 percentile parses on ANY Class currently however.. which kinda proves your information wrong. if doing ur rotation wrong loses 60-65% Of your theortical DPS theres no forgiveness.. that applies to every class lol.

go read snowcrows.. which puts Scourge and reaper at 2/5 Skill floor and Condi weaver at 4/5 Skill floor. cause ur opinon conflicts with that opinon lol, and their the thoerycrafters and people who test everything all day to provide that information.

Metabattle Rates Against other builds the class has, not against other Classes.. so it having a 5 Means its the top of the classes capability.. not where it stands against other classes.. that proves Ele is versatile at a absolute maximum.

Not reallyh.. because nothing in open world 1 shots ur Shroud realistically.. and ur gonna use it repeatively.. if u dont like that go play Scourge and Stack barrier permanantly.. u'll take 0 Damafge its a god build currently.

No it isnt all classes, And im sorry. but Evidence proves otherwise, the fact that new players rollin eles are making posts about feeling angry at the game for LETTING Them role ele kinda proves New player reactions to Ele. so its not Beginner friendly is it? lol, its easy enough for someone who isnt New to sit there saying this.

however it takes a New Player to really give the experience u get with each class as a "beginner point of view". and ims orry.. Theres FAR more negative ones surrounding Ele then there is most other options.. the fact the OP Refers to playing Necromancer as being "Lazy" Kinda proves my point in itself.

ur arguing how the game feels as a New player, with a New player. Games easier with pets.. thats just full stop realistically..

im sorry theres a reason why this games Full of necros/guardians.. and it isnt because the grass is greener over here im afraid. Players naturally flock to paths of least resistance.. in almost any game. u can find the easiest class to play in the game by simply reading which class has the highest popularity, its generally true.. the vast majority will play the easiest option to see the game through.

and its not "playing trailblazer correctly" as is stated ele has good solo potiental. i just disagree with u saying ele is faceroll... even in trailblazer it only has like 16k HP, it still has Less defense then any other class wearing trailblazer.. and it still dies faster then Most other classes in trailblazer.

trailblazer isnt ele only. every class can use it.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 6:51 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The only profession I wouldn't recommend for new players solo is elementalist.  That's the only one that's actually hard to play.  I mean, it's fun, but it is also hard.  Just look at most of them:

Warrior: Has massive bulk and several invulnerability skills, as well as great self-sustain with certain builds.

Revenant:  Has two heal skills, and massive self-sustain.  Also has considerable bulk.

Guardian: Has the highest burst damage in the game.  Aegis solves most problems, and blinds solve the rest.  Firebrands deal with condition immune mobs by beating it senseless with their relatively high power damage.

Ranger: The pet can solo most fights for you.

Engineer: Has a wide set of skills, but once you figure out how to blind spam with bomb kit and mortar kit then everything is easy.

Thief: Seems hard at first, but it has massive self-sustain and also has the most blind spam out of any class in the game.  Also has nigh limitless evades.

Necromancer: you're all familiar with this one.  Massive bulk, blind spam, petting zoo.

Mesmer:  Arguably the second hardest class to play for newbies, but most enemies are dumb and will attack your clones over attacking you.  Can unload a lot of ranged damage, and also has several damage immunity skills.

I've played ele and personally, like any class it just takes practice.

In fact i think other than necro, the class i played the most is prob ele.

Edited by Axl.8924

3 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

New players don't have access to Trailblazer.  

Think I did the entire game in soldiers with my ele to begin with. 

I boosted my ele as my first character and that gives exotic soldiers which isn't bad. But yeah basically. I think the closest a new player will get to trailblazer is prolly celestial. Which is still decent for a solo ele build. Until they get a full set of bladed armour from HoT content. But by the time u have a full set of that you will have finished HoT. Lol

2 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

I've played ele and personally, like any class it just takes practice.

In fact i think other than necro, the class i played the most is prob ele

My point was never elementalist can't do open world content. I argued against trailblazer ele being the easiest option to solo content with. And provided context to why. 

I found the game far easier to solo with my revenant, thief necro and ranger. If we are looking at straight forward options to engage with open world content. 

I now use a hybrid weaver build to solo all content and I do fine. My death count was from early days of be beginning the game and learning elementalist. 

I boosted all my chars to 80 realistically. So the entry point was identical. 

Every class can do open world, there's not a class that's bad at, same with all content, but when we are looking at a straight forward class to do open world with ele isn't the top "recommendation". Which was my initial point. 

He said he didn't like the fact he had to uphold things like aegis with his guardian. But he felt too lazy on his necro. Which means offering him a class which is considered to have a higher skill floor then both of those by the majority of players seems misguided at best to me. 

Ranger would be the obvious recommendation. 

It has great solo ability. And good access to some easier support builds if he did look at getting into groups down the line.

Soulbeast offers a higher skill floor specc to truly master to feed into that feeling of progression to prevent the feeling of "lazyness" 

And with content he feels it's getting hard he can fall back on a pet to take the damage. 

That and alot of access to long range good power options to do metas with. At very little risk during times of being lower geared. 

17 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Think I did the entire game in soldiers with my ele to begin with. 

I boosted my ele as my first character and that gives exotic soldiers which isn't bad. But yeah basically. I think the closest a new player will get to trailblazer is prolly celestial. Which is still decent for a solo ele build. Until they get a full set of bladed armour from HoT content. But by the time u have a full set of that you will have finished HoT. Lol

My point was never elementalist can't do open world content. I argued against trailblazer ele being the easiest option to solo content with. And provided context to why. 

I never said it was the absolute easiest option (which is subjective btw, but hey), I said that also Ele's have their faceroll builds when it comes to open world ... just like every other class. Don't forget, open world is generally easy! It's supposed to be, it's the design of the game. Except for maybe soloing HoT champions (which Trailblazer Ele happens to be really good at, btw), most of the content in open world is really beginner friendly, with all classes!!! As long as you know how to play them: which you can actually learn by reading your skills and traits (first of all), know which ones are important (rotations), and then have some practice with it (there's a whole open world for you to do that 🙂). And it really helps if you (as a beginner) don't dive into full Berserker or Viper gear straight away (with the exception of Reaper and to a somewhat lesser extend: Warrior, cause you're capped in DPS, so if you don't want to be useless, going full DPS as in: Berserker gear is the only option).

@Daddy.8125: I know all Ele mains are really (b***)hurt right now, and I agree they're not in a very good state right now, but this has nothing to de with open world! I actually have the opinion that ANet should not ever balance towards open world, they should balance to the PvE endgame, PvP and WvW.

• Like 1