Highly requested raid class

czerwoni.9563

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Lunaire.9741 said:Dont play druid or chriono just because they are the most looked for classes unless you actually want to learn to play them properly. Nothing worse than players who claim they can druid or chrono and fail at being even remotely effective at it.

I'm actually watching raids and videos on those 2 classes. Doing a lot of dungeons and fractals and pvp with those classes as Well lol I'm committed to the support role it's my favorite in most games. I'm not going to que for raids until I do some with my guild since they offered to help me train in any role I wanted to. I know better than to one time Yolo and I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Thats fine. I meant more along the lines play a class you enjoy. Dont just pick druid or chrono for exasmple because everyone wants them. You'll resent the class lol

I strongly agree with and echo the belief that if your starting with druid, you should not start with condi druid. Condi druid is for good groups with good synergy. Your first time playing druid, your going to have a bad group, that is going to need lots and lots of extra healing. Get a magi druid first. Its more practical, and a lot cheaper to gear up.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:s/p is what i like, i can kite most champs on core tyria, and have no problem soloing some hot hps.You can run whatever you like in open-world and do just fine, but you specifically mentioned "raid class" in the OP and this is the "raid, fractal, and dungeon" forum. Daredevil is a good class for raids primarily with a condition build, but also with a power build if you're really good with Staff.

what about druid with zerker gear? i see a lot of that running around too

Not a thing. Try again.

Maybe take a look at the site I posted to get a general overview of what is meta. Or keep asking random questions until people are bored answering. Whatever works for you.

thats what i use and here is your site

and straight off of quantify:

With the August 08, 2017 Balance Patch Power druid was unchanged, however even with the nerfs to condition druid, the DPS gap between the two builds is still 3k+ DPS in favor of condition druid.

Power druid while valid, is mostply replaced by condi druid in raids. Fractals maybe, raids I'd say go condi.

Fixed raid groups will ask you to run condi. Pug raids will benefit more from running magis.

EDIT: and if you are looking at those dps benchmarks of all the dps classes in their above 30k and thinking:"Oh hell 3k aint that much." As support druid you'll be no where near 20k or above in damage. 3k is a significant difference on a support class.

Magi druid is not condi druid and for any novice it'd be incredibly stupid to suggest they play a condi druid over a magi one since condi druid's healing is so much weaker so you need to actually time your CA's and know how to generate astral force efficiently.

Condi druid demands the player not only juggle grace of the land, but an effective DPS rotation as well with quick draw while learning raid mechanics. It's a recipe for failure.

As far as slot in the raid, they are identical.

I was recommending condi druid over power druid. I mentioned that pug groups will likely require magi gear.

You are correct though, magi gear as primary gear for a druid is the first step to take, especially when pugging.

As far as difficulty, I don't druid but cPS and chrono. From everything I've heard so far from our druids, it's one of the easiest roles (bar orb kiting and special jobs).

DIfficulty wise I'd have to place druid as easiest, cPS as intermediate and chrono as hardest. Since the thread was about a highly desired class (druid, berserker or chrono), it made sense to recommend druid. Other people already mentioned that it might also be viable to play a damage dealer you enjoy, but that only partly fits the question.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:s/p is what i like, i can kite most champs on core tyria, and have no problem soloing some hot hps.You can run whatever you like in open-world and do just fine, but you specifically mentioned "raid class" in the OP and this is the "raid, fractal, and dungeon" forum. Daredevil is a good class for raids primarily with a condition build, but also with a power build if you're really good with Staff.

Not a thing. Try again.

Maybe take a look at the site I posted to get a general overview of what is meta. Or keep asking random questions until people are bored answering. Whatever works for you.

With the August 08, 2017 Balance Patch Power druid was unchanged, however even with the nerfs to condition druid, the DPS gap between the two builds is still 3k+ DPS in favor of condition druid.

Power druid while valid, is mostply replaced by condi druid in raids. Fractals maybe, raids I'd say go condi.

Fixed raid groups will ask you to run condi. Pug raids will benefit more from running magis.

EDIT: and if you are looking at those dps benchmarks of all the dps classes in their above 30k and thinking:"Oh hell 3k aint that much." As support druid you'll be no where near 20k or above in damage. 3k is a significant difference on a support class.

Magi druid is not condi druid and for any novice it'd be incredibly stupid to suggest they play a condi druid over a magi one since condi druid's healing is so much weaker so you need to actually time your CA's and know how to generate astral force efficiently.

Condi druid demands the player not only juggle grace of the land, but an effective DPS rotation as well with quick draw while learning raid mechanics. It's a recipe for failure.

I was recommending condi druid over power druid. I mentioned that pug groups will likely require magi gear.

You are correct though, magi gear as primary gear for a druid is the first step to take, especially when pugging.

As far as difficulty, I don't druid but cPS and chrono. From everything I've heard so far from our druids, it's one of the easiest roles (bar orb kiting and special jobs).

DIfficulty wise I'd have to place druid as easiest, cPS as intermediate and chrono as hardest. Since the thread was about a highly desired class (druid, berserker or chrono), it made sense to recommend druid. Other people already mentioned that it might also be viable to play a damage dealer you enjoy, but that only partly fits the question.Never really wise to listen to experienced player telling you how easy to play his main class is. For me chrono/druid are easy to play at the moment, because i have high experience with them. Will that make them easy to play for a player completely new to the classes? Definately not, imo. Especially when the said classes can make your entire squad group fail horribly, if they underperform, which will be the case for a new raid player.

Once again I will echo my statement from above. Pick a dps class with easy rotation and spend you time at first paying attention to the different mechanics and how the different classes deal with them. That way you can learn, without failing your entire squad in the process. When you feel more experienced and confident about raids, go ahead and try some of the more difficult classes and roles, but not before that, imo. Just my two cents on the subject OP, in the end you are free to do what you will. :)

@Rain.7543 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

Not a thing. Try again.

DIfficulty wise I'd have to place druid as easiest, cPS as intermediate and chrono as hardest. Since the thread was about a highly desired class (druid, berserker or chrono), it made sense to recommend druid. Other people already mentioned that it might also be viable to play a damage dealer you enjoy, but that only partly fits the question.Never really wise to listen to experienced player telling you how easy to play his main class is. For me chrono/druid are easy to play at the moment, because i have high experience with them. Will that make them easy to play for a player completely new to the classes? Definately not, imo. Especially when the said classes can make your entire squad group fail horribly, if they underperform, which will be the case for a new raid player.

Once again I will echo my statement from above. Pick a dps class with easy rotation and spend you time at first paying attention to the different mechanics and how the different classes deal with them. That way you can learn, without failing your entire squad in the process. When you feel more experienced and confident about raids, go ahead and try some of the more difficult classes and roles, but not before that, imo. Just my two cents on the subject OP, in the end you are free to do what you will. :)

you got a point lol gotta see how the bosses react and that will tell me more on what i want to do to play against them, for example i love playing thief in dungeons but ranger in fractals, 2 dungeons i only go necro and i use mesmer for 4 of the fractals that i like to do.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

Not a thing. Try again.

And really, even Power Druid should be Power Healz now... Harrier's is so good for Druid... all the boon duration without that nasty toughness of Minstrel's and alot more DPS than Magi's

@SharkBall.5829 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

Not a thing. Try again.

And really, even Power Druid should be Power Healz now... Harrier's is so good for Druid... all the boon duration without that nasty toughness of Minstrel's and alot more DPS than Magi's

back item and amulets ya but can i get armor in harriers?

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@SharkBall.5829 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

Not a thing. Try again.

back item and amulets ya but can i get armor in harriers?

Craftable I believe. I know you can get the insignia so you can make your own.

Archived