Jump to content
  • Sign Up

So what is your deepest desire (top 3) for things you want to see in GW2?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Stop balancing classes in PvE based on a vocal and elitist minority. 2. Add mercenaries or NPCs to help players do dungeons or similar content. 3. Stop adding near-endless grinds for achi

I mean, don't be shy, tell us what you want MOST in GW2 :)   I want: 1. Performance upgrade (native dx12 support etc.) 2. New raid wing each 6 months. 3. Alliances :)

1: Cursor options for better visibility. 2: Options to turn off other players bling/effects during group events, bosses etc. 3: Fix Targeting, targeting targeting!!!!!

On 6/13/2021 at 12:57 AM, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

1. Stop balancing classes in PvE based on a vocal and elitist minority.

2. Add mercenaries or NPCs to help players do dungeons or similar content.

3. Stop adding near-endless grinds for achievements.

It's kind of out there but having a dev player....either be a member of Dragon's Watch (or any NPC relevant to the map/fight) and have them lead us or fight with us LIVE and maybe be in character and chat with us too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2021 at 4:10 AM, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

 

3.) Special Action Key rework

THIS. We need like 3 special action keys because the last special action item/buff covers up the last one till its used!

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

We should have the option to play with our skyscale....like during the missions to earn it ^_^

There is an item called skyscale pet whistle to play with a skyscale hatching wherever you are. It works similarly as dog whistle. And you need to play with it to unlock skills.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please add more Grindable Endgame Content in the Underworld and Fow.

please dont let the jade win diesappear.. it gave the area all the magic back then.. no1 wants only more oceans..

make the slums even more dirty and big, its been a great area

please add the old obsidian armor as skin for each profession to the game , idc if its gem stuff like the torment weaponss

 

guess thats all important from my side, cheers

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. New Makeover options for Asura that include curls with physics, long hair with physics, a side shave/undercut for both genders. 
2. Add a feature to  home instances that allow us to display our collections of skins or give us a new instance to do it, similar to the original Hall of Monuments
3. Re-vamp the Guild system and Decoration crafting system to make it more accessible to smaller groups - also re-vamp the scribe recipes, period. It makes 0 sense. 

Edited by Obfuscate.6430
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2021 at 5:21 PM, Ariurotl.3718 said:

A toggle for ground-targeted skills that'd let me use them always centered on the current target (or on myself, depending on the skill).

I'm 99% certain this already exists and I've exploited it with a grenade engi in PVP/WvW once upon a time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. I want to see this game stay like this in terms of making money and not become microtransaction heaven like LOTRO and some other games.

2. I would like to see more cool world bosses like Claw of Jormag, Tequatl or event like Dragons Stand.

3. Better story. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

elementalist to get a longbow and an arcane element attunement (and everything that comes with an element. combo fields, auras, finishers, all of these with a new effect cuz new element) in the upcoming expansion. have it come with a little bit of boon steal and a little bit of group alacrity as well (maybe only applicable while using the new attunement)

 

oh right, also for it to not be too terribly difficult like weaver was. when tempest came out of course things got a little more complicated but not too much, when weaver came out, jfc did that get complicated. let ele longbow be a little more simplified and bring a focus back onto the elements instead

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Greatsword for Revenant with the new Elite Specialization.

2. Guild Halls improvements and more options! 

3. Huuuuuuuuge zones both horizontally and vertically, with lots of cool stuff to explore and discover.

4. More raids, fractals, strike missions and WvW maps. 

5. More dungeons. 

6. Ability to dye chairs and weapons. 

7. Raids for 20-40+ people!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we’re getting new elite specs in EoD, I would still ask for more core utility skills to be added just to give my diversity since it always seems that I’m obligated to take the same ones while others have been collecting dust for years as they’re barely used. 
 

New cultural armour.

 

I guess stronger siege weapons when versus blobs in WvW and the addition of new siege weapons.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Allow me to release Frogs instead of destroying them in the Bloodtide Coast. 
2) Change generic Vigil Crusader to Cattail in Escort a Vigil bomb quest. She is awesome and needs to be protected.
3) Change names of Brackish Skale to Skale Bounder and Ridgeback Skale to Skale Rotter for consistency.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1)respect the story of guild wars 1 and stop ridiculing it like they've been doing for years. they have the opportunity with cantha to  impress us

2)the return of guild wars 1 pvp modes: AvA, jade carry or Fort Aspenwood

3)news  raids or elite mission (the deep, urgoz 2.0)

4)events on explorable maps that require coordination and reflection like on hot. So the definitive stop of spam 1 bus no brain

 

yes sorry 3 it was too little 😆

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Instanced World Status.
    1. give me back the original maps: old LA, old Kessex Hills, DR with the hole and rope bridge instead of the coliseum, etc. Leave them un-molested until after the player character finishes the Zhaitan story (or skips to LS2 in their journal). Then, Auto-play the Ela Mckay LS1 recap and introduce the player to the current, updated zones.
  2. Respect the original GW1 lore.
    1. we were told the gods brought humanity to Tyria from somewhere in the Mists. Now Anet's used an Asura as a narrator to basically say "well, that's just a legend the humans think is true, but it probably isn't."
    2. GW1 vets busted their butts protecting Glint's first kid and Anet just killed him off in favor of their new one. It's like the writing team wasn't aware Glimmer (Vlast) even existed until after they'd committed the writing to Aurene.
    3. Have some respect for the writing that got you where you are today.
  3.  A proper flying mount that doesn't have the restriction of an endurance bar.  I get so tired of my movement being hamstrung by these ridiculous restrictions, when all I want to do is move 50 feet straight up then 30 feet to the right.

 

But most of all, I want End of Dragons to be the last GW2 expansion. GW2 was supposed to be about killing elder dragons, then they wrote themselves into a corner by deciding "well you can't do that or you'll destroy the world!" Then they macguffin that away with Aurene taking their place, so we can kill the dragons with impunity (or get them to kill each other, so I hear). It's like the writers didnt know what story they were trying to tell, or (as I understand it) it's not been the same writing team with the same vision these past 9 years. I've heard that most of the original writing team has been gone for a long time, which somewhat explains the... differences... in writing I've noticed as I've progressed thru the story content. Regardless, Bubbles is the last elder dragon to kill. After that the whole overarching point of the game is gone. After EoD, instead of trying to pivot to a new story theme they need to step back and start working on Guild Wars 3. New mechanics, new maps, new everything. It'll take a few years, sure, but there is more than plenty of content to hold the players until that time. Besides, Guild Wars 1 only ran for about 5 years before they shelved it for GW2. GW2 is nearly double that. It's time for GW3.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I want more investment in pvp game-modes.  Specifically, I want them to put a serious focus on proper balance.  Apart from the big picture, small issues have accumulated over the years and that mole hill is quickly turning into a mountain.  I'm referring to things like multi-minute internal cool-downs on passive traits (defy pain, desperate decoy, ect.), abilities that require an unreasonable degree of line of sight perfection in order to activate (Ray of Judgement, Arcane Thievery, ect.), utility skills and traits that see virtually no use because other options are vastly superior (Dune Cloak, Escape Artist, ect.).

 

The Arcane Thievery change is still recent enough that writing it in this post made me angry.  I'm in awe that Anet took a perfectly viable utility skill and made it almost unusable in the most recent balance patch.  If they believed it to be too strong, why not nerf it instead of making it frustrating to use?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tobias Valin.5893 said:
  1. Instanced World Status.
    1. give me back the original maps: old LA, old Kessex Hills, DR with the hole and rope bridge instead of the coliseum, etc. Leave them un-molested until after the player character finishes the Zhaitan story (or skips to LS2 in their journal). Then, Auto-play the Ela Mckay LS1 recap and introduce the player to the current, updated zones.
  2. Respect the original GW1 lore.
    1. we were told the gods brought humanity to Tyria from somewhere in the Mists. Now Anet's used an Asura as a narrator to basically say "well, that's just a legend the humans think is true, but it probably isn't."
    2. GW1 vets busted their butts protecting Glint's first kid and Anet just killed him off in favor of their new one. It's like the writing team wasn't aware Glimmer (Vlast) even existed until after they'd committed the writing to Aurene.
    3. Have some respect for the writing that got you where you are today.
  3.  A proper flying mount that doesn't have the restriction of an endurance bar.  I get so tired of my movement being hamstrung by these ridiculous restrictions, when all I want to do is move 50 feet straight up then 30 feet to the right.

 

But most of all, I want End of Dragons to be the last GW2 expansion. GW2 was supposed to be about killing elder dragons, then they wrote themselves into a corner by deciding "well you can't do that or you'll destroy the world!" Then they macguffin that away with Aurene taking their place, so we can kill the dragons with impunity (or get them to kill each other, so I hear). It's like the writers didnt know what story they were trying to tell, or (as I understand it) it's not been the same writing team with the same vision these past 9 years. I've heard that most of the original writing team has been gone for a long time, which somewhat explains the... differences... in writing I've noticed as I've progressed thru the story content. Regardless, Bubbles is the last elder dragon to kill. After that the whole overarching point of the game is gone. After EoD, instead of trying to pivot to a new story theme they need to step back and start working on Guild Wars 3. New mechanics, new maps, new everything. It'll take a few years, sure, but there is more than plenty of content to hold the players until that time. Besides, Guild Wars 1 only ran for about 5 years before they shelved it for GW2. GW2 is nearly double that. It's time for GW3.

there will never be guild wars 3, i think you have to wake up someday.

this franchise will finish at the end of guild wars 2 .they will probably launch other small projects like mobile games to survive. But they no longer have the fame they had after guild wars 1 to attract a lot of people, it's over.

 

and besides, do we really want a guild wars 3 with a totally different team than we had at the beginning? the great talents of gw 1 and gw2 have been gone for several years now. I don't want to see a soulless guild wars 3 arrive.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Engine update (for greatly improved performance)

2) Tengu playable race (for an interesting alternative perspective - and after Jormag/Primordus charade, anything goes lore-wise 😄)

3) A huge, seamless open world (and fantastic!) Cantha - imagine a huge, layered continent, islands, etc and you can travel across all of it with brand new tech that removes zone loading cutscenes etc.

Probably rip performance, but dare to dream, hey 😄 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

there will never be guild wars 3, i think you have to wake up someday.

this franchise will finish at the end of guild wars 2 .they will probably launch other small projects like mobile games to survive. But they no longer have the fame they had after guild wars 1 to attract a lot of people, it's over.

 

and besides, do we really want a guild wars 3 with a totally different team than we had at the beginning? the great talents of gw 1 and gw2 have been gone for several years now. I don't want to see a soulless guild wars 3 arrive.

The thread's about what we want most in GW2, not what we think is likely, feasible, or even realistic. *shrug* And I gave my 3 things I'd like to see, because wishing EoD to be the end of GW2 isn't really in the spirit of the thread: it's more along the lines of "what I want for the franchise as a whole". That's why I put it in it's own paragraph.

I'm awake well enough, thank you. The franchise need not end with GW2. If people consistently look forward to the latest Final Fantasy game, or the latest Zelda game, then there's no reason to believe players wont look forward to the next Guild Wars game. But it has to be a game that players actually do look forward to. I often wonder of studios and publishers have gone to this live-service model because it's easier. Get players invested with a good game up front, they'll put up with a great many things they otherwise would disapprove of later because they feel the investment. Sunk cost fallacy. If the studio puts out a couple of bad games, they risk driving off their fans and then the franchise is in danger. Similarly, players practically  demand live-service games because they don't want to have to start all over again with the new game. MMOs are especially bad about this.

I don't have the same attachment to GW2 as I did for GW1. Partly because I took a 6-year break right as LS2 was ending (I never truly quit playing GW1 during it's run), and partly because most of the people that made the world I came to enjoy have long since ceased working at ArenaNet. I dont really see how "a guild wars 3 with a totally different team than we had at the beginning" would be any different than the GW2 'with a totally different team than we had at the beginning'  we have right now.

I also come from the pre-internet days when games-as-a-service wasn't a thing. Games were released, played out, and a new one released some years later. Studios were able to take advantage of the current tech of the time, rather than be tied to the tech of the first game they built. They could iterate and bring changes they thought fans would enjoy. With live-service games that's far more difficult. Hell, just giving our characters the ability to jump required Anet to start over with GW2, because it wasn't something they could patch in to GW1. We were told as much way back when. People want the game to support directx12 natively. Some want VR support. All these things (and more) would be far easier to bake in from from the beginning rather than trying to shoehorn into the existing code. I've seen so many games hamstrung from progress because the devs were limited by the code and capabilities of the live game (looking at you Warframe and Destiny 1, among others).
 

By the time we finish EoD GW2 will be twice the age GW1 was at the end of it's run. The story about killing elder dragons will (likely) be over. We will have revisited most all the old GW1 areas. If ever there was going to be a good point to cap the game and start working on a new one, with new zones, new races, new mechanics, modern tech (VoiP, DirectX12, VR, etc) baked into the base code, that'd be it. That's why I think it's time for Guild Wars 3.


As a final Bonus thing I want in Guild Wars 2: built-in voice chat. I used to use Discord's VoIP  (and still do for other things) but recently Guild Wars 2 has decided that it and Discord VoIP are not allowed to run at the same time.  Trying to do so causes severe lag in GW2. Framerates drop and Ping goes thru the roof. Native voip likely would get rid of that issue. And it's not Discord's problem, or my computer's problem, because Discord VoIP continues to work just fine in other games.

Edited by Tobias Valin.5893
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. An actually legendary set of armor acquired outside of raids. The PvP and wvw ones don’t count because the skins are exactly the same as the ascended versions.  I want a set that can be earned literally *anywhere* besides raids where the skins are exclusive to the legendary tier.  Imagine if bolt was available as an ascended weapon.  Why then would you want it as a legendary? Stat swapping alone isn’t valuable enough for that, and the original purpose of legendaries was prestige anyway, not function.  
 

2. player housing.  Don’t know what more there is to say, except to describe how I’d want the system to work in specific detail, but I’ll spare anyone reading this all those boring paragraphs 

 

3.  More expansions, exploration, and maps.  Simply put, I LOVE exploring and going to new places, uncovering new areas on the world map.  It’s my biggest dream to one day uncover everything we can see (probably won’t happen but we can at least strive to get as close as possible).  It’s my absolute favorite thing to explore new maps and learn new lore.  If not for the knowledge we’ll be getting more maps soon in the expansion, I would’ve probably quit the game.  I found champions pretty enjoyable overall, but if they were to never add new maps again and do the story like that I’d just move on.  As long as there’s new lore and new places to explore coming to the game though, I’ll be here. No matter how much the old season 2 achievements kitten me off so bad I want to delete all my characters...

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...