So what is your deepest desire (top 3) for things you want to see in GW2?

1. I want to see no more achivement that ties to Jumping puzzle. JP is fine to have an achivement in its own catagory, but not when if I want to make a leggy, or unlock a mount that I have to do 5+ JPs that I've already done MANY OTHER TIMES due to other achivement links to it but wasn't activated at the same time reeeeeeee, I'd rather have another hard quest than another JP.  In other words, I want future chain of quests to be staying in 1 mode, such as a PvE legendary quest doesn't require spending time in WvW. Further more, I view JP as a mode of its own, it's not PvE, therefore it shouldn't be a compulsory for many other things that is PvE related. If that's so, please provide alternative PvE quest if JP is involved. Just like SAB is optional, please don't force us to JP in the future for something that isn't remotely JP related!

2. I was to see no more millions of AOE spams on our face at the same time that I could hardly see which mechanic is happening. I hope swimming in AOEs doesn't become a trend. I want to see them implementing hard mode content that is hard and also meaniningful, but not making us swimming in AOEs and trash mob which blinds us to eternity and not seeing what is going on.

3. I want to see no more Swirling (wind/tornado/etc...), spinning, slippery, or things that messes up character's movement and causes motion sickness. 

Bonus: I wish grinding for tickets & diamond chest in wvw doesn't take as long as.... 25+ hours per week for low pips people. I'd enjoy wvw more if I don't have to spend as much time per week in it (because I need time to do other PvE content too). May be just slightly more tickets in each chest would be awesome aswell XD.   Tl:dr: Need more options to gain more pips and tickets in wvw please! To make the mode more enjoyable to spend time on!

Bonus #2: Previewing infusion please!

Edit: I realised I typed this when I was nearly falling asleep XD perhaps I need to repharse.

Edited by Blueberry.8095
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I'll do better than 3. Here's my top 9.  😁

1. New (Unreal 4) engine incorporating GW1/2 under same client that allows you to select GW1, 2 or potential future GW3 game releases from the character select screen. Hopefully with the GW1/2 game content updated. Doing it this way would ensure GW1 and 2 stay active even if the were ever to develop GW3.

2. Allow players to use their alternate characters to fill out parties in closed instance content such as dungeons, fractals, raids, etc. With the ability to assign roles for them such as healer, tank, taunt, etc. We spend time building out our characters so it would be better to use them rather than generic NCPs.

3. For current raid maps that take up world map space, expand them to post raid full size PvE maps. Have NPCs relate bits of the story about what took place on the raids.

4. Create two versions of future living world maps. One that is a raid that takes place prior to the open PvE version of the map. Use environmental effects (night, sand storms, fog, etc) to obfuscate full map to just raid path. Release raid map a short time (weeks/months) prior to full PvE map. Have deploying map services (WPs, NPCs, etc) as secondary part of raid. As with #3, have NPCs explain raid story bits to PvE players. Raids could release much faster with raids softening up the map for open access.

5. Use guild hall engine to create player space in the form of a Dragon's Watch guild hall using a dedicate map that is set on the coast, includes library, player and NPC living spaces along with lab for Taimi & Gorrik, planting area and wild farming zone with resources only available on the DW guild hall map. I would personally like to see it set between Labyrinthine Cliffs and Mount Maelstrom; so it could incorporate Druid, former Inquest area, eastern parts of Maguuma Jungle and southern Shiverpeaks along with ocean access for a port. Early morning fog and random evening rain storm effects on the map.

6. Refreshed most core maps to make them less attached to a fixed story time period.

7. Updated WvW content/maps. Change Red team to another color since enemies are red highlighted as well.

8. Change the skins used for other characters when players select low detail mode to ghost like abstracts of the other player characters. The current default low res skins look a bit odd. Rendering them in a ghost like fashion would reduce processing requirements as it wouldn't really need a texture. Same for mounts.

9. Fix the mount bug with lower power PCs where the newly mounted player sits on the ground for awhile as their mounted location marker on the mini-map takes off. This bug seems to occur when players have the default 2 color mount skin selected. The game doesn't have any lower mount skin to drop so it makes the skin invisible and the character just sits on the ground. This never occurs with a 4 color skin selected as it can drop to the 2 color skin. The fix is easy. Make a 4 color skin for each of the default 2 color skins. Replace the 2 color skins from the players mount skin selector with the new 4 color versions; hiding the 2 color ones from the selector. Players would always have a 4 color skin and the client could drop to the 2 color skins as a fall back on low power systems.

• Haha 1

I agree with a lot of the above suggestions.  For me personally I would like the game to be more rewarding.  I am getting fed up with playing all day doing quests, farming, group stuff, and so on only to find at the end of the day I have gained nothing but a few bits of rubbish and eye strain.

The rewards in this game disgustingly meagre when compared with the effort put in.  Also, far to much stuff is locked and/or restricted behind even more locked and/or restricted stuff.

It has come to the point now that even though I love the game I am finding it hard to find the will to log on.  The feeling that it's just not worth it is getting stronger by the day.

Edited by Follyfoot.2803
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...