The Rapidfire One Wolf Pack Easymode Nonsense Is So Broken

Totally fair to allow a class with 1750 Range (documented with the arc) to just use 1 skill to do 30k damage in just over a second to a toon with 2500 armor.

And before people come and start crying....dodging has nothing to do with anything.     This aint about dodging.....Its about allowing rangers to press 1 keey and do 30k damage from ranges no one can reach.

The Ranger bias is straight sickening. Disgusting

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

On 6/13/2021 at 2:26 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This is a common misconception.

They aren't pressing 1 key bro, they are burning their entire kit outside of the heal utility to deal that damage.

Dodge roll and then get aggressive. They got nothing left on a glass cannon build after they whiff a full burst for about 30s - 60s.

I mean the problem is not only really the damage (tho burst like that overall is kinda unhealthy) but more so how safe it is, 1500 range (more if theres any kinda terrain at all), then if it fails they still got dolyak stance+greatsword leap+3 sec duration block at the very least to get away and then usually bird/goat/dog/smokescale for yet another escape. 

This is also ignoring how annoying the build is when it +1s, if you don't have some strong defensive CD or if you get CCed when they do their burst, that's it, you're just dead. Since you can't really focus it and you can't really ignore it.

Also OWP>Sic em>Rapid Fire might not be 1 button but.... It certainly isn't much harder to press.

I think the main problem is how safe they can be and One Wolf Pack in general, but longbow is overall a rather problematic weapon.

Even if their burst fails, catching them is for a majority of builds unrealistic. 

Also this should probably be on the ranger forum

Edited by lodjur.1284
  • Like 16

Well, ranger in general is kinda bs. Pewpew sic'em dealing massive damage on massive range also countering teefs. Druid with immobilize spam, one of the most annoying specs in the game. Power soulbeast, big damage and big sustain, good dueler. Condi soulbeast, hybrid soulbeast also big damage and big sustain. You have good ranged weapons, good meele weapons, good mid-range weapons, good mobility, and good sustain. Not saying whether its really OP, but by playing one class you have access to pretty much everything, except teleports. And each of those builds is good. 
And yeah, they aint pressing 1 key. Actually they are, just keybinded to like 4 skills. Rapid fire is just "xD" button, get over it.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

I mean the problem is not only really the damage (tho burst like that overall is kinda unhealthy) but more so how safe it is, 1500 range (more if theres any kinda terrain at all), then if it fails they still got dolyak stance+greatsword leap+2 sec duration block at the very least to get away and then usually bird/goat/dog/smokescale for yet another escape. 

This is also ignoring how annoying the build is when it +1s, if you don't have some strong defensive CD or if you get CCed when they do their burst, that's it, you're just dead. Since you can't really focus it and you can't really ignore it.

Also OWP>Sic em>Rapid Fire might not be 1 button but.... It certainly isn't much harder to press.

I think the main problem is how safe they can be and One Wolf Pack in general, but longbow is overall a rather problematic weapon.

Even if their burst fails, catching them is for a majority of builds unrealistic. 

Also this should probably be on the ranger forum

It isn't dealing damage like that though if it's bringing Dolyak Stance and stating for even hybrid level sustain.

If it's dealing A LOT of damage to you, that means it is running Quick Zephyr and Sic Em and One Wolf. It will be wearing Berserker stat gear after eating DPS foods, and it will be paper if you attack, and have nothing on CD to defend itself with when you do it.

I know a lot of people take this the wrong way when they hear it, but I am being serious: Just dodge roll once and then go kill the ranger. You just need like 1 dodge roll and 1 stun break. Then you have like a 30s - 60s opening to kill it before that big burst is back. All he can do is run from you when they whiff the CD on a full burst.

The more dangerous Soulbeasts honestly, the ones that are actually OP, are the ones that abuse pve gear/food options to break the hell out of the potential sustain that Soulbeast has. These builds probably put out about 1/4th or less of the DPS that the Sic Em One Wolf Pack puts out, but you actually can't kill it 1v1 and it will eventually kill you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It isn't dealing damage like that though if it's bringing Dolyak Stance and stating for even hybrid level sustain.

If it's dealing A LOT of damage to you, that means it is running Quick Zephyr and Sic Em and One Wolf. It will be wearing Berserker stat gear after eating DPS foods, and it will be paper if you attack, and have nothing on CD to defend itself with when you do it.

Last I checked you got 3 utility slots. 

Sure it will be paper if I get within range, but why would it let me?

I know a lot of people take this the wrong way when they hear it, but I am being serious: Just dodge roll once and then go kill the ranger. You just need like 1 dodge roll and 1 stun break. Then you have like a 30s - 60s opening to kill it before that big burst is back. All he can do is run from you when they whiff the CD on a full burst.

Ah yes, I will kill it

All I need to do is cross the 1500+ range gap

While it's actively running away from me, while having more mobility skills than me. Naturally, I am sure that will work out

The more dangerous Soulbeasts honestly, the ones that are actually OP, are the ones that abuse pve gear/food options to break the hell out of the potential sustain that Soulbeast has. These builds probably put out about 1/4th or less of the DPS that the Sic Em One Wolf Pack puts out, but you actually can't kill it 1v1 and it will eventually kill you.

eh, decent dueling build that doesn't do anything particularly revolting, who cares?

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Last I checked you got 3 utility slots. 

Sure it will be paper if I get within range, but why would it let me?

Ah yes, I will kill it

All I need to do is cross the 1500+ range gap

While it's actively running away from me, while having more mobility skills than me. Naturally, I am sure that will work out

eh, decent dueling build that doesn't do anything particularly revolting, who cares?

It's all l2p as much you may not want to hear it.

They aren't as fast as you think they are unless he's running rune of speed. Most builds on any class in the game have what they need to either catch the ranger or get away and LOS from it. Only exception is if you are running some kind of no mobility skill hard zerg build and in that case you shouldn't be getting yourself caught flat-footed out in an open field vs. a ranged roamer to begin with.

1500 range is a small distance when everything in the game has a plethora of sources of teleports, super speed, and a bunch of mobility enhancing skills.

At the best the Soulbeast is using LB GS so he has GS3 leap, he is on Gazelle for 12s F2 run, and he can pop quick zephyr for a short burst of super speed on a 32s CD. <- This is pretty standard levels of mobility for a roamer. I mean even a Reaper who puts on rune of speed can keep up and stay on top of a Soulbeast set up like that.

I think most players in GW2 have this idea in their head that the game should only be full of close to mid range attackers who are all relatively mid to low mobility, who have to walk up and engage each other in almost melee before a fight starts. This idea causes people to do things that they wouldn't normally do in any other game. Example: If WvW were a first person shooter and you knew there were guys lurking around with super long range sniper rifles or at the least assault rifles, I'll bet your mindset would completely change and you would intuitively begin to play much much more carefully with paying attention to your map awareness and where guys were standing on your screen. You'd probably start sticking close to walls and things you can quickly move behind to avoid long range fire. You'd probably not push out into an open area unless you were sure there weren't guys waiting to guerrilla you down when you poked your head out. 

The thing is, GW2 is actually is like this ^ We absolutely have high pressure ranged attacks going on from DEs and Soulbeasts, or even PD Thief builds that stealth gank, Berserker Gunflame, even Scrapper/Holo can nuclear bomb you at mid range with grenades, even Ele can run 1shot ranged builds.

I don't know what build you run or exactly how you are playing, but if you have not yet shifted your mind frame to adapt around what I explained there, I suggest giving it a shot. And keep in mind some builds aren't meant for roaming. You're gonna get chewed up by strong roam builds if you aren't running a strong roam build that can deal with things like Soulbeasts, DEs, Saiyan like Condi Mirages.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This is a common misconception.

They aren't pressing 1 key bro, they are burning their entire kit outside of the heal utility to deal that damage.

Dodge roll and then get aggressive. They got nothing left on a glass cannon build after they whiff a full burst for about 30s - 60s.

just sic em and one wolf, not entire kit.

even if you blow quickness as well doesnt matter

ranger doesnt need utility for sustain because ranger got all sustain from weapon sets.

ranger is allowed to run full offensive utility and still able to 1v1 and kit 1v2 easily.

and definitely no where close to glass, also you dont need to sustain anything you can just run away with stealth and pew pew again from 1200+

yes i actually played the class to plat and played it exclusively in wvw before commenting.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 10

It's all l2p as much you may not want to hear it.

Actually I more mind them as +1ers, 1v1 I do the pop defensive, then walk away and hope they don't chase if I don't play something fast enough.

They aren't as fast as you think they are unless he's running rune of speed. Most builds on any class in the game have what they need to either catch the ranger or get away and LOS from it. Only exception is if you are running some kind of no mobility skill hard zerg build and in that case you shouldn't be getting yourself caught flat-footed out in an open field vs. a ranged roamer to begin with.

Ranger is def very high up on the mobility pyramid.

1500 range is a small distance when everything in the game has a plethora of sources of teleports, super speed, and a bunch of mobility enhancing skills.

Like ranger you mean?

At the best the Soulbeast is using LB GS so he has GS3 leap, he is on Gazelle for 12s F2 run, and he can pop quick zephyr for a short burst of super speed on a 32s CD. <- This is pretty standard levels of mobility for a roamer. I mean even a Reaper who puts on rune of speed can keep up and stay on top of a Soulbeast set up like that.

So another extremely high mobility build, yep, running 2/3 mobility skills, a rune dedicated to running and a traitline with mobility. Speed runes broken, what's new?

I think most players in GW2 have this idea in their head that the game should only be full of close to mid range attackers who are all relatively mid to low mobility, who have to walk up and engage each other in almost melee before a fight starts. This idea causes people to do things that they wouldn't normally do in any other game. Example: If WvW were a first person shooter and you knew there were guys lurking around with super long range sniper rifles or at the least assault rifles, I'll bet your mindset would completely change and you would intuitively begin to play much much more carefully with paying attention to your map awareness and where guys were standing on your screen. You'd probably start sticking close to walls and things you can quickly move behind to avoid long range fire. You'd probably not push out into an open area unless you were sure there weren't guys waiting to guerrilla you down when you poked your head out. 

Yes, people should hide more and fight less, because the problem with WvW as a gamemode is that people don't hide enough

Also you're assuming I am not aware of my surroundings, one can think something is bad for the game without struggling more than the minimum with it.

The thing is, GW2 is actually is like this ^ We absolutely have high pressure ranged attacks going on from DEs and Soulbeasts, or even PD Thief builds that stealth gank, Berserker Gunflame, even Scrapper/Holo can nuclear bomb you at mid range with grenades, even Ele can run 1shot ranged builds.

Did I ever say any of those are healthy?

Also PD thief, grenades and even ele (tho I do loathe FA weaver due to not being projectile based) are 900 range, that is a whole lot closer. 

I don't know what build you run or exactly how you are playing, but if you have not yet shifted your mind frame to adapt around what I explained there, I suggest giving it a shot. And keep in mind some builds aren't meant for roaming. You're gonna get chewed up by strong roam builds if you aren't running a strong roam build that can deal with things like Soulbeasts, DEs, Saiyan like Condi Mirages.

Problem is that the vast majority of them either only +1 or stay near enough friendly structures to be in way before you can catch them, even if you run one of the very few builds that are faster than them. 

The OWP+Sic Em+Rapid Fire bs doesn't really add much to the game beyond cutting some potentially interesting fights short and making it more annoying to travel the map and builds like those are a large reason why playing without at least 1 dedicated support is kinda pointless as +1s from ranged high damage builds are more or less a death sentence

• Like 5

While I knew this would instantly devolve into a  "use this to counter/ learn to play", very clearly.....virtually nothing of what  Ive read has anythign to do with RapidFire/One Wolf Pack being unbalanced.  What does anythign that isnt Rapidfire/One Wolf Pack have to do with Longbow/Rapidfire/OneWolf pack?

This isnt a post about how to counter anythign or learning to play.

It's about Ranger Longbow being way too easy to play.

Edited by HARDOFREADING.7298
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

just sic em and one wolf, not entire kit.

even if you blow quickness as well doesnt matter

ranger doesnt need utility for sustain because ranger got all sustain from weapon sets.

ranger is allowed to run full offensive utility and still able to 1v1 and kit 1v2 easily.

and definitely no where close to glass, also you dont need to sustain anything you can just run away with stealth and pew pew again from 1200+

yes i actually played the class to plat and played it exclusively in wvw before commenting.

This is true if you're getting caught by the Soulbeast on a non-roam build or a bad roam build.

This is not true at all if you are meeting a Sic Em One Wolf Pack high damage spec 1v1 while playing on an actual roaming build that is good.

IE: A good Mirage can ride on top of the DPS Soulbeast, Soulbeast cannot get away from it, Mirage should win the match up every time unless he seriously fumbles. Plenty of other builds designed correctly for roaming can do this.

I think a misunderstanding going on here is that people seem to believe that high pressure glass cannons have similar sustain to soulbeast dolyak tanks and that soulbeast dolyak tanks have similar damage to high pressure glass cannons. This just isn't true, even in the case of hybrid setups.

OP was discussing high pressure Sic Em One Wolf Pack builds. If you're being gunned down at 1500 range by 50/50 dps/sustain hybrids I dunno what to tell you other than you are doing something very wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

@lodjur.1284 The most important thing in WvW is mobility. You have to use those options or of course you're going to be kited by ranged or ran down by other things that are faster than you are.

This is no different than any other game.

But indulge me here, what class/build are you running? What options are you using to roam?

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@lodjur.1284 The most important thing in WvW is mobility. You have to use those options or of course you're going to be kited by ranged or ran down by other things that are faster than you are.

This is no different than any other game.

Actually this is a common flaw in games yes, it's quite common knowledge that high mobility+high range is a very dangerous combination

But indulge me here, what class/build are you running? What options are you using to roam?

Varies.

Honestly I rarely solo roam anymore, due to a lack of time and it being rather pointless due to nothing actually fighting and most people preferring to either stick to their ganking groups or structures. So mostly I play in 2-5 (which I always preferred anyway) but then we always got support, as even duoing without support is kinda pointless, largely due to builds like this one.

Until last patch my main for solo roaming was power renegade, but since that got nuked (legit got my elite skill deleted from the game), I don't really have a main for it anymore. Recently been trying various builds, but there isn't anything I think I'll have as my go to duelist/roaming build yet.

In actual 1v1s I never actually lost to a soulbeast on power ren tho.

Edited by lodjur.1284
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Actually this is a common flaw in games yes, it's quite common knowledge that high mobility+high range is a very dangerous combination

Varies.

Honestly I rarely solo roam anymore, due to a lack of time and it being rather pointless due to nothing actually fighting and most people preferring to either stick to their ganking groups or structures. So mostly I play in 2-5 (which I always preferred anyway) but then we always got support, as even duoing without support is kinda pointless, largely due to builds like this one.

Until last patch my main for solo roaming was power renegade, but since that got nuked (legit got my elite skill deleted from the game), I don't really have a main for it anymore. Recently been trying various builds, but there isn't anything I think I'll have as my go to duelist/roaming build yet.

In actual 1v1s I never actually lost to a soulbeast on power ren tho.

You play the epitome of easy build and you complain about other...renegade merely press 3 on the shortbow, how difficult is to play shortbow renegade?  The OP, you and others play the same game...which is balanced for the super-casual, whatever you play , there is something that require very little effort  to do good with

Problem is people only want to recognize the cheese that kills them..not the cheese they play, deluding themselves in thinking to be skilled or whatever, name any class and I can list all the "no effort" builds available...no exception.

Ok you play rev....we have condi herald, condi renegade...easy to play, very low effort and ofc whoever plays rev would say otherwise, moving forward, what the OP play?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You play the epitome of easy build and you complain about other...renegade merely press 3 on the shortbow, how difficult is to play shortbow renegade?  The OP, you and others play the same game...which is balanced for the super-casual, whatever you play , there is something that require very little effort  to do good with

Well the build I played got deleted so...?

Also I never claimed it was a particularly hard build, god knows it's easy to do okay on it, skill ceiling felt reasonably high tho on it. 

Kind of a moot point as like I said, it no longer really exists.

Atm I am mostly testing out Celestial Virtues/Radiance/FB seems solid and at least it has the mobility to not fall too far behind soulbeasts

Problem is people only want to recognize the cheese that kills them..not the cheese they play, deluding themselves in thinking to be skilled or whatever, name any class and I can list all the "no effort" builds available...no exception.

Builds =/= class

Even if I played the easiest thing in the game, that wouldn't make soulbeast +1s any more reasonable tho?

Ok you play rev....we have condi herald, condi renegade...easy to play, very low effort and ofc whoever plays rev would say otherwise, moving forward, what the OP play?

Condi Herald is ofc extremely easy, Condi Ren has a pretty high skill ceiling in a group?

Edited by lodjur.1284

4 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Well the build I played got deleted so...?

Also I never claimed it was a particularly hard build, god knows it's easy to do okay on it, skill ceiling felt reasonably high tho on it. 

Kind of a moot point as like I said, it no longer really exists.

Atm I am mostly testing out Celestial Virtues/Radiance/FB seems solid and at least it has the mobility to not fall too far behind soulbeasts

Builds =/= class

Even if I played the easiest thing in the game, that wouldn't make soulbeast +1s any more reasonable tho?

Condi Herald is ofc extremely easy, Condi Ren has a pretty high skill ceiling in a group?

Literally every class can be deadly in +1 if built correctly, I can +1 you with a LR weaver in WvW and your health would go down just a tad slower than when facing a +1 from a soulbeast. The+1 soulbeast surely hits hard if built correctly, but the build itself is easy to counter and comes with its drawback. It's extremely easy to close gap on a ranger so it's always a L2P issue, we're talking about 1-2 stealth occasions once every 20-30s...it's not a DE stealthing on dodge and every class has access to its fair share of gap closers...so always a L2P issue for those who fail, I literally kill rangers with zero effort in WvW, on war, on guard, on necro and ele.

Then we should consider the fact that other professions can still +1 and offer team support/boons, they won't be able to +1 as good as a ranged SB but again, what would unreasonable is to have professions doing it all with one build

Thieves and rangers are great roaming classes, that's all they can do but unreasonable people still complain about them while playing professions that have a build for everything from 1vs1 to zerg to small scale..so people should have some kitten decency and leave something to others, people should start pointing that finger inward...rather than constantly outward

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Why is this druid guy assuming it’s duel scene …? The problem of high damage is literally because pew pew ranger can burst you from inside of the object or near the escape portal where you can’t do anything to pew pew. While you are focusing on something else, pew pew shows up and burst you in 1 second. That’s the problem. No one is talking about duel here. Seriously, you are misunderstanding everything in wvw. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Literally every class can be deadly in +1 if built correctly, I can +1 you with a LR weaver in WvW and your health would go down just a tad slower than when facing a +1 from a soulbeast. The+1 soulbeast surely hits hard if built correctly, but the build itself is easy to counter and comes with its drawback. It's extremely easy to close gap on a ranger so it's always a L2P issue, we're talking about 1-2 stealth occasions once every 20-30s...it's not a DE stealthing on dodge and every class has access to its fair share of gap closers...so always a L2P issue for those who fail, I literally kill rangers with zero effort in WvW, on war, on guard, on necro and ele.

Yep, pure CC builds are bad for the game, what's new?

Ranger is the second safest of those tho (after DE which kinda does SB than SB itself, but also kinda offtopic)

Also LR weaver carries a slightly higher risk at least

Also LR weaver supposedly requires more gameplay than sitting at 1500+ range autoing? Or pre-casting 1/4 sec cast time skill > hit one instant skill > 2 to do those levels of damage.

There's a reason ranger is extremely common (tho why it's more common than deadeye is beyond me)

2 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Then we should consider the fact that other professions can still +1 and offer team support/boons, they won't be able to +1 as good as a ranged SB but again, what would unreasonable is to have professions doing it all with one build

Thieves and rangers are great roaming classes, that's all they can do but unreasonable people still complain about them while playing professions that have a build for everything from 1vs1 to zerg to small scale..so people should have some kitten decency and leave something to others, people should start pointing that finger inward...rather than constantly outward

That's kind of a bad argument tho?

You know what you're planning to do when you pick your char, so being weak in completely different areas of the game is irrelevant.

10 minutes ago, Evidev.3046 said:

Why is this druid guy assuming it’s duel scene …? The problem of high damage is literally because pew pew ranger can burst you from inside of the object or near the escape portal where you can’t do anything to pew pew. While you are focusing on something else, pew pew shows up and burst you in 1 second. That’s the problem. No one is talking about duel here. Seriously, you are misunderstanding everything in wvw. 

1) Why are you near the enemy object?

2) Why is your build unready for +1?

3) If you can't react in time to ganking...don't roam on your own.

If you get baited near enemy structure, that's on you, nothing to to with the build, if you want to roam you focus on everything not only one person, if you can't do that, don't roam alone, I don't misunderstand anything in wvw, been roaming for like 7 years on 3 different professions and can still roam on an additional 2

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Yep, pure CC builds are bad for the game, what's new?

Ranger is the second safest of those tho (after DE which kinda does SB than SB itself, but also kinda offtopic)

Also LR weaver carries a slightly higher risk at least

Also LR weaver supposedly requires more gameplay than sitting at 1500+ range autoing? Or pre-casting 1/4 sec cast time skill > hit one instant skill > 2 to do those levels of damage.

There's a reason ranger is extremely common (tho why it's more common than deadeye is beyond me)

That's kind of a bad argument tho?

You know what you're planning to do when you pick your char, so being weak in completely different areas of the game is irrelevant.

"You know what you're planning to do when you pick your char, so being weak in completely different areas of the game is irrelevant"

Exactly that, ranger excel at 1vs1 and roaming while other professions excel at other aspect and every other class still has all the tools to deal with whatever ranger can throw at them. Ranger does what ranger does in every other MMO with access to longbow, people can either learn to build properly and dodge or they can spend their days on the forum complaining.

Literally ranger is one of the easiest professions to kill in wvw, despite all the claims of super rangers flying around..I can literally 1vs2 rangers on basically war, guard, ele, necro and most times coming on top....the only profession I can do that while being against.

The sic'em build to do any dmg must go full glass with no other sustain but the block on the gs, for maximum damage and not something against which, any other properly built spec would laugh at

And before people say "many rangers are trash"...well if you die to such trash..you're far worst, that's what I should tell people

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

"You know what you're planning to do when you pick your char, so being weak in completely different areas of the game is irrelevant"

Exactly that, ranger excel at 1vs1 and roaming while other professions excel at other aspect and every other class still has all the tools to deal with whatever ranger can throw at them. Ranger does what ranger does in every other MMO with access to longbow, people can either learn to build properly and dodge or they can spend their days on the forum complaining.

Great way to look at balance

Instead of trying to balance, just make it so that ranger/thief are absurdly broken in 1v1/roaming, Necro/Guard/etc is absurdly broken at zerging, but horrible at everything else. Seems like a good plan to create a lot of build diversity.

Literally ranger is one of the easiest professions to kill in wvw, despite all the claims of super rangers flying around..I can literally 1vs2 rangers on basically war, guard, ele, necro and most times coming on top....the only profession I can do that while being against.

If one is a decent player, one wins the majority of 1v2 engagements, on essentially any build, against basically any builds, it has more to do with if either of the enemy players are competent enough to be a threat. Ranger just requires less than most other professions to be a threat on. 

Largely due to a simple playstyle of Burst>Reset>Burst>Reset enabled by a couple skills and high range.

The sic'em build to do any dmg must go full glass with no other sustain but the block on the gs, for maximum damage and not something against which, any other properly built spec would laugh at

That's just incorrect

And before people say "many rangers are trash"...well if you die to such trash..you're far worst, that's what I should tell people

Depends on how many trash are on you tho, 3v1, 4v1, 6v2 etc sic em rangers are up there with deadeye as particularly annoying simply due to them being able to do such extreme damage while also being impossible to focus down.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Great way to look at balance

Instead of trying to balance, just make it so that ranger/thief are absurdly broken in 1v1/roaming, Necro/Guard/etc is absurdly broken at zerging, but horrible at everything else. Seems like a good plan to create a lot of build diversity.

If one is a decent player, one wins the majority of 1v2 engagements, on essentially any build, against basically any builds, it has more to do with if either of the enemy players are competent enough to be a threat. Ranger just requires less than most other professions to be a threat on. 

Largely due to a simple playstyle of Burst>Reset>Burst>Reset enabled by a couple skills and high range.

That's just incorrect

Depends on how many trash are on you tho, 3v1, 4v1, 6v2 etc sic em rangers are up there with deadeye as particularly annoying simply due to them being able to do such extreme damage while also being impossible to focus down.

It is what it is! This is a nerf thread and like all other nerf thread, people have made up their mind and I see zero point in going back and forth for pages to no end. That's what longbow ranger does and will always do regardless of nerf or buffs, I don't know what people expect...that Anet delete longbow? the longbow dmg get nerfed by 100%?...Neither of that will ever happen regardless of how many complaints. I still wreck people on staff ele even after all the nerfs so...whatever.

There is no nerf for strategy, common sense and simple ingenuity.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

It is what it is!

Ofc, never strive to improve anything, It is what it is!

Apply this to every situation, it's an amazing mindset.

This is a nerf thread and like all other nerf thread, people have made up their mind and I see zero point in going back and forth for pages to no end. That's what longbow ranger does and will always do regardless of nerf or buffs, I don't know what people expect...that Anet delete longbow? the longbow dmg get nerfed by 100%?...Neither of that will ever happen regardless of how many complaints. I still wreck people on staff ele even after all the nerfs so...whatever.

There is no nerf for strategy, common sense and simple ingenuity.....

It used to be worse, pre-february patch.

It's now better.

Things can clearly change for the better.

One wolf pack and soulbeast made it worse when they were added.

Things can clearly change for the worse.

Turns out, the world we live in isn't entirely static and is to a degree malleable. Whether Anet cares about this particular thread or not.

Edited by lodjur.1284
  • Like 2