The Rapidfire One Wolf Pack Easymode Nonsense Is So Broken

10 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Ofc, never strive to improve anything, It is what it is!

Apply this to every situation, it's an amazing mindset.

It used to be worse, pre-february patch.

It's now better.

Things can clearly change for the better.

One wolf pack and soulbeast made it worse when they were added.

Things can clearly change for the worse.

Turns out, the world we live in isn't entirely static and is to a degree malleable. Whether Anet cares about this particular thread or not.

It is what it is! Ranger is not this draconian concept people on the forum would want you to believe, It's a L2P issue and that's something Anet can't fix, we're talking about a build where you just need to dodge. There is not a single thing on ranger that has not been repeatedly nerfed and this has been going for the last 5 years, the only type of change that would satisfy people on the forum is to delete ranger...like the same people who cry about thief.

1) dmg modifier? They nerfed longbow, gs, sword, axe, dagger damage coefficients

2) They nerfed dmg on all used pets..but people literally want pets to do 0 dmg so...

3)They nerfed sic'em 3 times, they nerfed dmg modifiers on soulbeast worldy impact

4) They nerfed the sustain of wilderness and nature magic...but people still claim otherwise

People lose track of all the nerfs a class receive..and simply ask for more till they can win against that class regardless of their skill level so yeah...it is what it is

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i think the biggest problem with builds like these is the high ranged damage and high mobility. those are always going to be problematic combos. also can the combo still stack a lot of might? not sure after the nerfs. thats probably the easiest fix, that and the borken damage modifiers.

People have reflect and blocks for days...if anything they can still dodge, they already nerfed ranger mobility 3x times, any other class can easily catch up to an average or worst ranger, anything else...people get outplayed and refuse to accept it.

If you're a below average ranger...I can kill you even on a core d/d ele...that's something called skill level and people tend to refuse its existence

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Arheundel.6451 said:

It is what it is! Ranger is not this draconian concept people on the forum would want you to believe, It's a L2P issue and that's something Anet can't fix, we're talking about a build where you just need to dodge. There is not a single thing on ranger that has not been repeatedly nerfed and this has been going for the last 5 years, the only type of change that would satisfy people on the forum is to delete ranger...like the same people who cry about thief.

Maybe the problem is the design? There are no numbers at which builds like this won't be useless or broken. Because having high mobility+high burst+long range, is a problematic design

Also you don't find it ironic that you're here crying over the nerfs, while crying about people crying for nerfs?

Maybe the players playing ranger are being carried and are the ones that would need to l2p if it's design got changed? It is what it is!

1) dmg modifier? They nerfed longbow, gs, sword, axe, dagger damage coefficients

As they did with almost every skill in the game.

Also the game is currently playable, 2019 wasn't. So clearly it alleviated the issue.

2) They nerfed dmg on all used pets..but people literally want pets to do 0 dmg so...

Getting autoed for several K is very close to 0 dmg

3)They nerfed sic'em 3 times, they nerfed dmg modifiers on soulbeast worldy impact

Show me 3 nerfs to Sic'em.

Because afaik there was 1 nerf to Sic'em, 2 if you count the reclassification (which is an extremely minor nerf to an interaction with 1 rune)

4) They nerfed the sustain of wilderness and nature magic...but people still claim otherwise

They did nerf it, yes.

Nature Magic is hardly an issue now

Wilderness Survival is still one of the strongest traitlines in the game tho

I don't necessarily think it needs to be nerfed tho, what needs to change for ranger is forcing them into positions where they need the kinda sustain Wilderness Survival offers.

People lose track of all the nerfs a class receive..and simply ask for more till they can win against that class regardless of their skill level so yeah...it is what it is

Actually, I am very aware of what nerfs and buffs the various classes have received and when I am not there's the wiki to look it up.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Maybe the problem is the design? There are no numbers at which builds like this won't be useless or broken. Because having high mobility+high burst+long range, is a problematic design

Also you don't find it ironic that you're here crying over the nerfs, while crying about people crying for nerfs?

Maybe the players playing ranger are being carried and are the ones that would need to l2p if it's design got changed? It is what it is!

As they did with almost every skill in the game.

Also the game is currently playable, 2019 wasn't. So clearly it alleviated the issue.

Getting autoed for several K is very close to 0 dmg

Show me 3 nerfs to Sic'em.

Because afaik there was 1 nerf to Sic'em, 2 if you count the reclassification (which is an extremely minor nerf to an interaction with 1 rune)

They did nerf it, yes.

Nature Magic is hardly an issue now

Wilderness Survival is still one of the strongest traitlines in the game tho

I don't necessarily think it needs to be nerfed tho, what needs to change for ranger is forcing them into positions where they need the kinda sustain Wilderness Survival offers.

Actually, I am very aware of what nerfs and buffs the various classes have received and when I am not there's the wiki to look it up.

I am done! If you die non stop to sic em glass ranger you're a below average player..git gud  , there I've said it, glass rangers are literally a free bag, if you die to that..you need to get better period, now people can keep crying on the forum here..I am done with this thread

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

I am done! If you die non stop to sic em glass ranger you're a below average player..git gud  , there I've said it, glass rangers are literally a free bag, if you die to that..you need to get better period, now people can keep crying on the forum here..I am with this thread

I talk forcefully!

With exclamation marks!

I am very angry!
It is what it is!

I am done!

Edited by lodjur.1284
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

I talk forcefully!

With exclamation marks!

I am very angry!
It is what it is!

I am done!

I will only reply to this one as you mention me being angry.... yeah I am pissed , tired AF of seeing the game being balanced non stop around the low common denominator and this goes for everything, last time I had to school a bunch of noobs who were dieing non stop to a single tempest...they were whining on how OP tempest was....maybe people should learn to bloody play before calling everything OP.  I could understand people complaining about AS druid, some pet doing too much, variants of boonbeast maybe..but no a freaking a +1 glass build that dies to a wind gust if you learn to bloody play.

There are times to complain about busted mechanics and there is a time to recognize how bad you are mechanically...what can I say now, keep ranting I guess

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

37 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I will only reply to this one as you mention me being angry.... yeah I am pissed , tired AF of seeing the game being balanced non stop around the low common denominator and this goes for everything, last time I had to school a bunch of noobs who were dieing non stop to a single tempest...they were whining on how OP tempest was....maybe people should learn to bloody play before calling everything OP.  I could understand people complaining about AS druid, some pet doing too much, variants of boonbeast maybe..but no a freaking a +1 glass build that dies to a wind gust if you learn to bloody play.

There are times to complain about busted mechanics and there is a time to recognize how bad you are mechanically...what can I say now, keep ranting I guess

It is what it is!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

LoL Funny how so many of you have the exact same response to almost every post you hijack and spam nonstop...Learn to Play.

I get it..."I'm Rock Nerf Paper Scissors is Fine".    Do this....go back 18 months and look at all the patch notes for wvw and count how many nerfs have been made to thief/mesmer vs Ranger.    The bias for Ranger is simply staggering....Now....Stop Open up all the patch notes for the past 18 months and come back when you have a hard number. For the record I rarely die and certainly not 1v1 or even 3 v 1....I have way too much movement.  

The issue is Longbow/OneWolfPack/Rapidfire.    Dodging and reflects/blocks or anything else you want to insert have no bearing on Rapidfire being grossly OP and unfair.

Seriously....start comparing how hard almost every other class/build has been nerfed compared to Ranger Longbow.  The numbers are comical.

• Like 4

a grup of scrapper together could stil  kil have all boons and perma domes...

@op i would say ur team lacks scrappers, just make a scrapper  or play in a team of some scrappers only group and u will never have issues with this game.

Ranger are good to snipe open field plaayers that cant close gaps nor have range defense... seam like a bit of logic.

TDLR Scrapper now is the way to go.

@HARDOFREADING.7298

wait forAnet give the same workarround to lb2  that gave to hammer rev 2  LOL

Usually idk if still works but if u see a target entering in stealth if u press lb2 at that target while in the animation, all the hits will hit the stealthed player, lb2 used to work like this.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

Why are arrows allowed to go beyond their intended range?

IRL physics? sure....

But then why aren't bullets treated the same?

People say rangers are weak and if you die to them you suck and need to get gud.

On the other side, rangers have a lot of tools for survivability and burst and mobility and cc, and if you're dying to people maybe you also suck and need to get gud.

You all suck and arrows shouldn't be travelling 1800 range.

• Like 3

The only ranger build that is currently an issue is bunker beast with offhand axe, because that axe5 multiplier is absurd and carries the whole build.

Immob > axe5 > facetank everything > immob > axe5 > facetank everything > immob > axe5 ... and so on until your target dies or just ran away (which isn't that easy as the build is quite sticky).

You laugh about fresh air eles, you laugh about deadeyes as you laugh about any other high spike damage build. And even more you laugh about bruisers you can facetank.

Glass canon ranger builds are either noob filters (if the target runs a proper build, that theoretically could handle a 1v1) or PvE build farmers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i think the biggest problem with builds like these is the high ranged damage and high mobility. those are always going to be problematic combos. also can the combo still stack a lot of might? not sure after the nerfs. thats probably the easiest fix, that and the borken damage modifiers.

Wait, wait, wait... you mean similar to how stealth would be on a class with a metric ton of mobility? Why have we never heard of this before?!

Anyway, I still find it funny because I will engage a pew pew ranger any day of the week and have a high chance of winning the fight - the glassier the better. 

Put me against a melee ele however and I may as well throw my arms up and die already because its less boring than trying to even touch them.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, schloumou.3982 said:

Strong or not, imho oneshot builds are bad design and shouldn't be in the game. Particularly as

PewPew Slb has way to low risk for that concept.

They are so easy to kill how is it low risk? Maybe low skill ceiling but the game needs effective builds that are easy to play.

IMO it’s a super honest glass cannon build. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Why are arrows allowed to go beyond their intended range?

IRL physics? sure....

But then why aren't bullets treated the same?

People say rangers are weak and if you die to them you suck and need to get gud.

On the other side, rangers have a lot of tools for survivability and burst and mobility and cc, and if you're dying to people maybe you also suck and need to get gud.

Every projectile skill with an arc is or did travel slightly beyond the listed range. Closing the gap these days is also a non issue.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If anything Ranger needs a buff as one of two classes that have roaming as single role in wvw  it aint anything close to be the most powerfull roamer (it is at number 4 or 5 ) and as having one singe role i think that is to low preformance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Complaining about ranger in 2021 with all the projectile hate and mobility creep… it’s just sad. The only thing pew pew sic me power ranger is good for is keeping the pve population in check when they accidentally log into wvw.

This.

Scrappers and FB's literally walk by and if you try to rapid fire it's no different than a stiff breeze hitting them.  Other classes like ele and scourge have so much friggin barrier that the damage you would do is utterly wasted on a second HP bar.  Almost everything has reflects or blocks now as well.

Face it, all of WvW is easy mode.  I never see anyone roaming solo, and if I do happen to see someone by themselves up towards the north, they'll mount and instantly port 8/10 times.  If you have friends around, what are you so afraid of rangers for...the rez speed is so fast you can't hope to stop it.  

And large scale? lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It's all l2p as much you may not want to hear it.

The problem isn't that Soulbeast does a lot of damage, because a damage dealer is the identity of Soulbeast. Each Elite spec offers a different role, we could compare this to Warrior and Berserker as an example. Berserker gives up defenses to deal higher damage- a damage dealer is the identity of that Elite spec.

The issue with Soulbeast is that it is both a damage dealer and a bruiser. The defenses are what need to be nerfed. 

Smoke Assault should not have a range of 750 with 0 cast time. Dolyak Stance should not grant immunity to all CC (hard and soft) on top of flat damage reduction. Eternal Bond should not grant health. Second Skin should not reduce Condition damage. Etc.

Soulbeast shouldn't be able to do this kind of damage while still being hard to kill, it has both better damage and defenses than core or Druid. This should be the spec that's the first thing you want to kill, and that's easy to kill in a team fight, but can cause a lot of destruction if you let it live, like Reaper or Berserker. Not one that you have to ignore because it's difficult to kill AND it can be extremely dangerous to ignore.

People complain about it because it's low risk/high reward. If you're conscious of your surroundings it isn't hard to stay out of harms way when you have such high mobility, defensive options, and don't even need to be close to your target(s) to be bursting them. 

Personally, I don't think Soulbeast is a huge issue, but that doesn't mean I think it's okay either. If ANet wants to ignore it, what ever, but anyone defending it is out of their minds.

Also, here. Have a quick montage of a good glass Soulbeast memeing people and tell me more about how easy it is to kill.

Edited by Shroud.2307
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, HARDOFREADING.7298 said:

Totally fair to allow a class with 1750 Range (documented with the arc) to just use 1 skill to do 30k damage in just over a second to a toon with 2500 armor.

And before people come and start crying....dodging has nothing to do with anything.     This aint about dodging.....Its about allowing rangers to press 1 keey and do 30k damage from ranges no one can reach.

The Ranger bias is straight sickening. Disgusting

I think this kind of threads show how bias some people are. First use soem thoughness and then block / dodge / LoS / heal / mitigate  and the ranger won't be able to pewpew you for another 60 seconds. 

This is clearly a L2P issue. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

It’s because 99% of rangers are some of the worst players in the game. It’s the same in most games apparently. It attracts roleplayers and more pve focused players, but that 1% playing it because they know how strong ranger is and the tools it has kinda show how busted this professions can be. Normally I’d say it’s just the 1% being skilful but is it skill at 1500 range with multiple runaway options? 

The reality is a good soulbeast should never really lose a 1v1 and definitely should not die in outnumbering fights purely based on the tools it’s has. Well timed stealth, high damage chained with good cc, Dolyak stance, bear stance, blocks, run away skills, best range in the game, arguable some of the best condi management in the game.

I don’t get how people can say ranger is nerfed when it still does 8k maul, one shot potential from max range, 2.5k autos from max range, the obscene damage on axe 5, able disengage at will, and kitten Dolyak stance says it all really. 

The most shocking thing about it all is that despite all these tools people can still be bad at this profession? That or they roam in minstrel gear spamming axe auto because??? 

Edited by Faolain.2374
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1