The Rapidfire One Wolf Pack Easymode Nonsense Is So Broken

11 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Totally agree here: 

WvW should have the same balance as sPvP,  for every class and every skill. It is the only way that gamemode can be balanced. 

Anet has issue the counterargument "but spvp balance does not scale in wvw"  and that is correct but only if a few set of skills take the spvp balance.

Also skill balancing for PvE should not be a thing in this game. PvE mobs will not complain if an effect is broken.  But Anet can be sure player will complain as soon as that broken skill or interaction is put into the game. 

So in this game at least Skill Balance and mechanical design should be on the PvP balance team, while skill art and animations should be on the PvE side.  The PvE team should not have the last word related to skill mechanics in a pvp game. 

The rest of game will fall into place once the balance is properly done and it will feel good. 

I think skill balance would be fine to a point as it would be nice if there was consistency. However stat normalization would really limit WvW and if they didn’t do that the balance would still be off between the two modes anyway.

55 minutes ago, Dralor.3701 said:

I think skill balance would be fine to a point as it would be nice if there was consistency. However stat normalization would really limit WvW and if they didn’t do that the balance would still be off between the two modes anyway.

I would be for a PvP mode that used WvW rules and gear so people could have more time to practice their builds for fights, but that's a different thread.

But stated before there is no way to balance WvW in the sense that people use because you can end up with things like 50v24v5. No we don't need more restrictions to builds because some people will gear out planning on being in that 5 group where others are planning on being in the 50 or 24 groups. If anything lighten the costs on the first gear people can buy in WvW or give them currency for it as they level up, but no to the amulet sPvP system that just removes build options. Again they are looking to expand options if anything between the template system and the upcoming armory system. Ok, open field fight I need build 1, invading need build 2, defending now, need build 3, havoc - build 4, roamer - build 5.....

12 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Totally agree here: 

WvW should have the same balance as sPvP,  for every class and every skill. It is the only way that gamemode can be balanced. 

Anet has issue the counterargument "but spvp balance does not scale in wvw"  and that is correct but only if a few set of skills take the spvp balance.

Also skill balancing for PvE should not be a thing in this game. PvE mobs will not complain if an effect is broken.  But Anet can be sure player will complain as soon as that broken skill or interaction is put into the game. 

So in this game at least Skill Balance and mechanical design should be on the PvP balance team, while skill art and animations should be on the PvE side.  The PvE team should not have the last word related to skill mechanics in a pvp game. 

The rest of game will fall into place once the balance is properly done and it will feel good. 

Because if you visit the PvP forums you will praise of the balance all day long.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

But that is the issue. If you know your build is weak against a build, spec for it or roll one so you can figure out how to counter it. If this was an all powerful build would you not think that zergs would be requesting them in map chat? Have you seen that happen? When you do then you know if might be an issue. As of yet, still not seeing Comms calling out, need more rangers in squad. Rangers are long range and strong roamers. That said they are also counterable by a larger number of builds and classes. The best way to figure to counter a build is build one and play it and then you can better predict their moves and how to counter that build while on other characters or least ID which ones will will fair worse and have a plan ready for it. 

That's a good point that gets stepped over too often with some mental gymnastics but that's a point a thread should hold up on until everyone understands it before moving on. 

• Confused 1

So, this thread is really "I died to a ranger, so they need to be nerfed"? 

What's next, this bad player loses to another class and they also need to be nerfed? WvW already has so many nerfs to damage that the most fun we had was when a rune set was bugged and we could actually do damage again with any class. 

Reflect/dodge roll and that damage is gone, then the ranger has to run away or die if they that dps focused. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

No, this thread is about "you have a skill on that class that is overpowered" and than Ranger players de-railed it to keep their op skill and started with weird arguments like "If this was an all powerful build would you not think that zergs would be requesting them in map chat?"

which is trying to make a connection between things that are not necessarily connected to each other. It just shows that most ranger players don't even understand the simple basics of zerg/gvg/any group gameplay.

Edited by derlistigeuhu.1658
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, derlistigeuhu.1658 said:

No, this thread is about "you have a skill on that class that is overpowered" and than Ranger players de-railed it to keep their op skill and started with weird arguments like "If this was an all powerful build would you not think that zergs would be requesting them in map chat?"

which is trying to make a connection between things that are not necessarily connected to each other. It just shows that most ranger players don't even understand the simple basics of zerg/gvg/any group gameplay.

There is nothing on this forum indicating the skill level of players and skill level is something the devs try to keep in mind when balancing, no company can balance a game so that even the most uncoordinated/slow/untalented individuals can find success in the competitive environment

...Just some salty necromancer , upset that his trailblazer condi kitten gets countered...typical

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

That's funny, because I don't even have a trailblazer gear. And you went full ad hominem instead of understanding what was written before.

Even worse, you say "trailblazer gets countered" while you are crying for many pages that trailblazer is overpowered and should be deleted? 

Edited by derlistigeuhu.1658
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, derlistigeuhu.1658 said:

That's funny, because I don't even have a trailblazer gear. And you went full ad hominem instead of understanding what was written before.

Even worse, you say "trailblazer gets countered" while you are crying for many pages that trailblazer is overpowered and should be deleted? 

Do you realize that you're in a thread whining about the very one of the few things that counter your condi cheese gameplay?..You must have forgot about that with all the pointless ranting. The entire necro community is a clown fiesta event :" you need to kite when we enter shroud you noobs and just range us"....you then range them ...."omfg ranged dmg is OP, noob players pewpew from distance"....clowns on automode gameplay specs complaining about balance

Ohhhh...you're not trailblazer ..cute...what are you? celestial? settler?dire?rabid?apothecary?.....certainly you're not zerker spite necro...bye bye and keep ranting

• Haha 1

My condi cheese gameplay? My two roaming classes are Daredevil (Power) and Reaper (Power), while I'm zerging on Power Herald and Power Scourge. I tried a grieving setup earlier today - so, yeah, let's delete grieving maybe?

So can we put the stupid "ad hominem" end now and go back to the topic?

I don't see how trailblazer is an issue right now? As you were proven already there are less than 5 builds that use trailblazer in roaming and NONE in zerg gameplay.

So, first you try to tell everyone how trailblazer is broken, than you state that you "beat that trailblazer stuff" and still think it's your skill and not the broken ranger mechanics?

You really should try to be clear about what you think before you are confusing yourself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, derlistigeuhu.1658 said:

My condi cheese gameplay? My two roaming classes are Daredevil (Power) and Reaper (Power), while I'm zerging on Power Herald and Power Scourge. I tried a grieving setup earlier today - so, yeah, let's delete grieving maybe?

So can we put the stupid "ad hominem" end now and go back to the topic?

I don't see how trailblazer is an issue right now? As you were proven already there are less than 5 builds that use trailblazer in roaming and NONE in zerg gameplay.

So, first you try to tell everyone how trailblazer is broken, than you state that you "beat that trailblazer stuff" and still think it's your skill and not the broken ranger mechanics?

You really should try to be clear about what you think before you are confusing yourself.

Yes...ofc you run power....so if trailblazer not an issue I don't see why you care

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, derlistigeuhu.1658 said:

I like build diversity and I'm against "deleting" something because some people are just plain bad to counter it.

I like build diversity too especially the one working against the low common denominator gameplay of condi/boon tanks, I really enjoyed the pre Feb balance for most parts....especially because of this, they were far far less "pro" on necro back then 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I like build diversity too especially the one working against the low common denominator gameplay of condi/boon tanks, I really enjoyed the pre Feb balance for most parts....especially because of this, they were far far less "pro" on necro back then 

Ah yes the 2019 diversity of playing 

Big burst+active defenses+high mobility 

Or

Or

Or

Peak diversity. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Lets be honest here,the only people defending rapid fire are the ones playing glass ranger.

Its understandable that a ranged class should be able to put pressure ,but balance wise the stats+utility dont add up for some classes to counter it leading to severe abuse cases.

The majority of rangers i know arent logging to wvw to fight ,they log in the game specificaly to ruin other players gametime by specifically griefing necromancers and elementalists because one class doesnt have mobility and the other doesnt have a large enough healthpool.

Add on top of it auto evade customized to avoid cc skills and the taco display giving rangers their threat range consistently and you get the picture.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 6:22 PM, lodjur.1284 said:

Nature Magic is hardly an issue now

Because it barely sees no use other than making PvE spirits better and the oddball that still bothers to run some boonbeast variant. Fortifying Bond combined with Fresh Reinforcement/Heal as One and to a lesser extent Protective Ward are what always carried this traitline for boon shenanigans builds, it doesn't offer much else.

Edited by Lazze.9870

On 6/14/2021 at 10:11 AM, Faolain.2374 said:

Well timed stealth, high damage chained with good cc, Dolyak stance, bear stance, blocks, run away skills, best range in the game, arguable some of the best condi management in the game.

I don’t get how people can say ranger is nerfed when it still does 8k maul, one shot potential from max range, 2.5k autos from max range, the obscene damage on axe 5, able disengage at will, and kitten Dolyak stance says it all really. 

Why do you bring up axe 5 when you're listing benefits that requires you to play LB/GS? It's the same old kittening story everytime, listing up everything a ranger could do, and then present it as if the ranger could run all of it at the same time. Disengange at will means you're running weapons with leaps and merged pets with leaps. Otherwise there are classes that easily will keep up with you.

Dolyak Stance has always been overtuned with the damage reduction that replaced retaliation and the longbow should arguably be 1200 range (I'd love that, it would actually make stronger arguments for buffs/reworks in other areas in stead of this pew pew crutch), but other than that there is nothing else in that kit that is particularly spectacular (that doesn't mean not good). 

Edited by Lazze.9870

On 6/14/2021 at 7:01 AM, Shroud.2307 said:

Eternal Bond should not grant health.

WHO RUNS ETERNAL BOND!???? IT'S GARBAGE.

Should not grant health? Well, first of all it shouldn't exist to begin with, but Eternal Bond is  a WORSE version of Berserker's Dead or Alive trait.

Like, come on.

Edited by Lazze.9870

1 hour ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Why do you bring up axe 5 when you're listing benefits that requires you to play LB/GS? It's the same old kittening story everytime, listing up everything a ranger could do, and then present it as if the ranger could run all of it at the same time. Disengange at will means you're running weapons with leaps and merged pets with leaps. Otherwise there are classes that easily will keep up with you.

Dolyak Stance has always been overtuned with the damage reduction that replaced retaliation and the longbow should arguably be 1200 range (I'd love that, it would actually make stronger arguments for buffs/reworks in other areas in stead of this pew pew crutch), but other than that there is nothing else in that kit that is particularly spectacular (that doesn't mean not good). 

If you actually read what I wrote and what I was replying to, you'd see we were discussing the general tools soulbeast has, obviously? Since people generally either run longbow/gs or X/axe, then these are indeed tools soulbeast has. It was also to point out that axe 5 actually is one of the hard hitting skill on ranger atm, and one of the few skills which allow meme bunker soulbeast to actually do damage. 

As mention by a lot of people across numerous threads, including this one. The only people that don't see any issue with ranger atm whether it be immobilize kitten from druid, or the insane burst/tools from soulbeast overall, are the people playing such builds. I'd be worried too if my broken class was sticking out as much as ranger is atm, but the sheer denial of how broken this class is is embarrassing. 

Edited by Faolain.2374
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, Faolain.2374 said:

If you actually read what I wrote and what I was replying to, you'd see we were discussing the general tools soulbeast has, obviously? Since people generally either run longbow/gs or X/axe, then these are indeed tools soulbeast has. It was also to point out that axe 5 actually is one of the hard hitting skill on ranger atm, and one of the few skills which allow meme bunker soulbeast to actually do damage. 

As mention by a lot of people across numerous threads, including this one. The only people that don't see any issue with ranger atm whether it be immobilize kitten from druid, or the insane burst/tools from soulbeast overall, are the people playing such builds. I'd be worried too if my broken class was sticking out as much as ranger is atm, but the sheer denial of how broken this class is is embarrassing. 

I read very well what you said, you just don't seem to get why it matters that you can't pack all those tools into one build.

Imagine being so kitten at the game that you classify the soulbeast pull+immob + axe 5 "broken". Axe 5 roots the user. That's why it is okay for it to hit hard. Dodge the pull and the ranger sits like a duck doing you no harm.

Druid is a kittening meme. Ancient Seed shouldn't exist, but put that aside and you have the WORST SUPPORT SPEC IN PVP/WVW. Speaking about things things that are sticking out, imagine if Anet gave half as much care about this spec as they have done with scrapper over the years. Then maybe it would be a decent support spec and not a kittening root meme.

Sheer denial? Speak for yourself. I have literally just told you that I'm fine with range nerf on LB, nerfing Dolyak Stance and removing Ancient Seeds. But that wouldn't be enough for you, would it? Gotta nerf the damage on a rooted skill as well because you can't dodge the immob.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2