Warrior Is a deadhorse murdered by incompetent balance team

JinONplay.8905

I Don't know where to begin with this, Guild wars 2 warrior, maybe the worst class in any MMO i have played, Continuous Unnecesarry  Nerfs after Nerfs, Clunky and outdated weapon and utility animations that hasn't been updated for 4 years, Very Few Builds that can actually help it's class, without discipline it's basically useless as it heavily relies on such trait, it's weapon range and utilities are so small, that you can barely hit anything, In PvP It's been reduced as a main support class. Hammer and CC got nerfed hard that against classes that has long term stability and perma stability deals absolutely nothing, No damage and no Knockdown, SB is the only reliable profession for warrior although it is still mediocore. Warrior must be reworked.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It has nothing to do with salt or gitting gud. The OP is right. I play 20 pvp games per day. That's 200 players. Maybe 20 of those are warriors. I main warrior and I'm only useful as BS in raids. I played healbreaker in pvp, but it's quite useless now. As a sidenoder dps, I can barely win again some classes because most of them, at this point, have more stab, more condi cleansing and more damage than me. There's no real variety in builds. I can only play one or two things. And it's boring. That's what it is. Warrior is boring. And it doesn't have to be with a little rework.

Edited by wondermuffin.9680
  • Like 13
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, wondermuffin.9680 said:

It has nothing to do with salt or gitting gud. The OP is right. I play 20 pvp games per day. That's 200 players. Maybe 20 of those are warriors. I main warrior and I'm only useful as BS in raids. I played healbreaker in pvp, but it's quite useless now. As a sidenoder dps, I can barely win again some classes because most of them, at this point, have more stab, more condi cleansing and more damage than me. There's no real variety in builds. I can only play one or two things. And it's boring. That's what it is. Warrior is boring. And it doesn't have to be with a little rework.

so... 10% representation, sounds about accurate statistics given there are 9 classes to choose from.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

so... 10% representation, sounds about accurate statistics given there are 9 classes to choose from.

It has nothing to do with accurate statistics and math. If EVERY class appeared at an accurate 22/200 rate, then I'd be fine. 20 warriors in 200 games against the 80 necros and 60 guards proves that people just don't want to play warrior. It's the least playable class in pvp right now. 

Edited by wondermuffin.9680
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

30 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

im higher rating then your main on all 9 classes 27 specs

and i agree with him.

You don't know what my rating is and it's not relevant anyways ... but thanks for coming out.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

guys, lets be real here for a second, i wrote to a friend this: 

THE ISSUE ISNT THAT PEOPLE ARE BAD AT WARRIOR; ITS THAT WARRIORS MECHANICS ARE SO UNDERWHELMING THAT U CAN LOOK VERY EASY BAD ON IT

sry for caps, didnt wanted to type it again xd

also; meanwhile other classes can easier be good or competetive therefore u need to be extra good not only because ur skills do only one thing then other classes like 4 or 6 diffrent things, but also cuz u gotta outplay all of that

the issue is a double edged sword

and this is the true balance, anet needs to look into it and usually doesnt have to do much, literally just a bit more sustain on spellbreaker, here and there some icd adjustments and something against condi manace in terms of more resolution etc, and boom we got a warrior thats prob 5% better but the ceiling to be top 1% warrior player is lowered down to a liked level

Edited by Parobro.8721
  • Like 1

Here is your problem with PVP on this class. Any warrior build has the LEAST options for a player to use compared to any other class in the game. That's not a problem Anet can fix at this point for it ... or they could but it would be rather absurd to literally remake a whole class just because some people don't like the performance in PVP. 

Can that be fixed in the current class structure? There are ways to improve that (like traits that proc on actions you take) but it's not a true solution because they aren't intentional reactions/actions by the player. 

So yeah, the OP is right ... warrior by it's design is going to lag in PVP ... but that's what it is and that's what it will be. It's a little absurd to expect classes to have equivalent performance in a game like this ... and while the OP might be right ... it's not something to complain about. it's expected. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

its about the performance in general, there are a handful of easy adjustments to make a class feel completly new and also weay more balanced, jsut as an example, fast hands baseline speciality of warrior, now think about your isnane tool of builddiversity

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Parobro.8721 said:

its about the performance in general, there are a handful of easy adjustments to make a class feel completly new and also weay more balanced, jsut as an example, fast hands baseline speciality of warrior, now think about your isnane tool of builddiversity

That's rather vague ... what do you mean by 'performance'? It doesn't have enough DPS, access to mobility, sustain etc ...? Because at the basic level, looking at the skills and traits, Warrior is certainly not a laggard in these aspects of the class design.

Again, the root cause of warrior's GENERAL lag in PVP to other classes are the options it offers to players. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

29 minutes ago, Parobro.8721 said:

read again, i just made an example that gives more diversity or options

I did read it ... and I ignored it because FH baseline doesn't give more diversity or options than we have now. Plus, 'more diversity and options' doesn't address the problem that results in warrior's lag in performance compared to other classes because you can't swap builds and options mid-fight anyways. Once you are in combat, the number of build options you have becomes irrelevant ... you can only use the ONE build you have equipped at the time you enter combat. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, wondermuffin.9680 said:

It has nothing to do with accurate statistics and math. If EVERY class appeared at an accurate 22/200 rate, then I'd be fine. 20 warriors in 200 games against the 80 necros and 60 guards proves that people just don't want to play warrior. It's the least playable class in pvp right now. 

So that's 160 with those 3 classes? How's the other 6 sharing that last 40? Because it seems to imply there are even less played classes than warrior....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, RoflCat.9827 said:

So that's 160 with those 3 classes? How's the other 6 sharing that last 40? Because it seems to imply there are even less played classes than warrior....

This 'how much class is played' argument doesn't make sense ... why would ANYONE assume that classes as diverse as we have in this game would be played in equal amounts and if they weren't, it's a problem? Clearly, there isn't anything unreasonable about having classes perform at different levels and that's not just some exception in GW2 either; people have been unreasonably expecting 'equal' class performance in competitive modes for MMO's for decades. It's absurd to think it wouldn't be this way. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Its feels bad in PvP for the following reasons:

1. The amulet system restricts choice drastically.

2. Resistance sucks now.

3. Cool-downs are way too high for how fast and constant the action is.

4. Damage removal from CC increased Time to Kill drastically, benefiting classes like Guardian, and bunker builds, and hurting Warrior.

5. Other classes have more things built into weapon skills like teleports and team buffs, Warrior has none of that. The simplicity hurts it.

6. The damage nerfs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, sneakytails.5629 said:

Its feels bad in PvP for the following reasons:

1. The amulet system restricts choice drastically.

2. Resistance sucks now.

3. Cool-downs are way too high for how fast and constant the action is.

4. Damage removal from CC increased Time to Kill drastically, benefiting classes like Guardian, and bunker builds, and hurting Warrior.

5. Other classes have more things built into weapon skills like teleports and team buffs, Warrior has none of that. The simplicity hurts it.

6. The damage nerfs.

You underestimate warrior. It has more ccs then every other class and there are classes that got hurted more than warrior. Herald for example used celestial amulet, got removed last year. It used resistance against conditions, got killed.  It uses torment,  pvp/wvw nerf.

If you play against a warrior you need tons of stab or stunbreaks. 

2 hours ago, RoflCat.9827 said:

You do understand that it's a rough estimate, right? I'm not sitting and counting the classes one by one. Maybe it's not 80 necros, but it's 70. Not 60 guards, but 45. You get my drift. There is always the random mesmer and thief, which are also quite unplayable at the moment and in the same sad boat as warrior, but the VAST majority of classes in every game is necros and guardians. Teams with a core necro, a scourge, one core guard and a dh is the standard in almost every match. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, wondermuffin.9680 said:

You do understand that it's a rough estimate, right? I'm not sitting and counting the classes one by one. Maybe it's not 80 necros, but it's 70. Not 60 guards, but 45. You get my drift. There is always the random mesmer and thief, which are also quite unplayable at the moment and in the same sad boat as warrior, but the VAST majority of classes in every game is necros and guardians. Teams with a core necro, a scourge, one core guard and a dh is the standard in almost every match. 

i can agree

57 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

i know ...

I will stop you there because you don't. Get all the rating you want; it's not relevant here. Rating doesn't mean you understand why things are this way in PVP. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

They have to rework a lot of weapon skills and utilities.

"Lol I'm immune to things" from stances in the builds of yore and "Press elite skill and teamwipe with Rampage" weren't engaging or fun to play against, and the good builds weren't exactly the fun ones.

The warrior used to heavily rely on its CC skills inflicting damage with steady follow-up hits to grind foes down as someone said above.  The nerfs to CC damage skills hit it hard there, and the ratio cuts hurt it elsewhere.  Its sustain is bad because the class was designed to endure by stats and not perma-booned self-healing monster sustain tanks as was originally not even in existence when the class was first formulated.

The problem with warrior is its simplicity at this point, and like other classes without any diversity, the power creep of sustain on other classes, boons on other classes, and the February patch killing its damage options with bolstered sustain across the board.

How do you fix a class where the bulk of its numeric balance is because of the problems existing on other classes, and its simplicity (a good thing) has been so massively phased out by other classes it no longer has the mechanics to content with them?  As soon as it's buffed into usability it becomes OP with a high skill floor like ranger, and otherwise it sucks without reworking a ton of new features or makes another class have the same fate.

ANet has to rework a lot of the elites and remove some gear combinations or simply accept the conventional Trinity of Heal/DPS/Tank they tried to force down our throats with Raids isn't going to translate with what the players at large want with how the game otherwise plays, unless they want to rework everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:
1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

LOL bruh, ...

Yup ...  lots of LOLs, especially when you see people that don't get the simplest MMO concepts like ... classes aren't designed to be equal. Warrior can't be at the top of PVP classes because there just aren't enough access to actions on the class to give the control a player needs to compete. Anet tries to accommodate for that with procing effects ... but that is an insufficient approach. 

Mind you, there are some things that are excessive in CD and such, but that's not going to fix this problem. Good players know how to control their game ... and warrior just doesn't bring it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952