Remove Binding Roots from WvW please.

15 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Who is awful enough to get rooted? 

Dat moment when you have 20s of immobilize on you, you've spent all your cleanses because you're fighting 1v4, you have no invoulns or or blocks left and your skills keep spinning because you're constantly getting interrupted as they hammer you and you proclaim...

NO.

I'M TOO GOOD FOR THIS.

And then you break out of immobilize by sheer willpower.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Dat moment when you have 20s of immobilize on you, you've spent all your cleanses because you're fighting 1v4, you have no invoulns or or blocks left and your skills keep spinning because you're constantly getting interrupted as they hammer you and you proclaim...

NO.

I'M TOO GOOD FOR THIS.

And then you break out of immobilize by sheer willpower.

Sincerely what you are describing is a L2P issue, no player is supposed to be able to overcome 1v4 without a massive difference in skill. 

But this post brings yet again a big issue with the Druid. 

Binding_Roots is not the problem, the elite  Entangle is fine. If anything Ranger needs more unique effects like this one. 

Ancient_Seeds is the issue here, up to 10s immob every 10s to up to 5 targets as a passive trait does not make sense.  That trait effect should have been placed in the skill Vine_Surge from the very beggining instead so staff is a relevant weapon. 

But Druid needs a massive rework if Anet decide to remove Ancient Seeds. Right now is the only thing that class has going for it. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
corrections
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I dunno why people are talking about cleanses.. you cannot cleanse binding roots.  Binding roots is it's own very special thing, only resistance and immob removal skills will remove it.  The roots are suppose to be targetable and attacking them is suppose to be a way to remove them as well.  But most of the time the roots themselves spawn under the terrain and you cannot attack or hit them with anything.  Ancient seeds needs to be removed from the game and replaced with something else cause currently druids can binding roots someone forever off a passive trait...  absolutely moronic design.

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Like 5

ranger roots have a unique mechanic that must be revised. They add an element at your feet that must be damaged and some of them are also pulsing skills so removing them does nothing as you are going to get rooted again the next second. In big mess combats you dont even see the vines...anet must standarize the way immobilization works across all classes and considerably reduce the access to immob on rangers, if u combine all the skills they have with a jacaranda youre going to be stuck at your place forever no matter how many cleanses you have.

Uhh, YES you can cleanse the roots. But you need to be aware of 2 things: 

1, you must move AS you press your cleansing skill, otherwise you will be stuck. This is because the root re-applies immobilize every second. But, as long as you move.. you will be out of the range of the root, even if you get another 1s proc of immobilize. After the last proc and you’re outside the root, you are free.

This also means if you use 2 cleanses in quick succession you are gonna be unrooted and cleansed, thus guaranteed to get free right away. 

2, damaging the root and killing it if you have no cleanses ready means you can get out after 1-3 procs. This should be sufficient if you also have an active defense skill ready like blocks etc.

Edited by bigo.9037
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

I dunno why people are talking about cleanses.. you cannot cleanse binding roots.  Binding roots is it's own very special thing, only resistance and immob removal skills will remove it.  The roots are suppose to be targetable and attacking them is suppose to be a way to remove them as well.  But most of the time the roots themselves spawn under the terrain and you cannot attack or hit them with anything.  Ancient seeds needs to be removed from the game and replaced with something else cause currently druids can binding roots someone forever off a passive trait...  absolutely moronic design.

You can cleanse the immob and move out of the roots before the next proc of immobilize.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

Uhh, YES you can cleanse the roots. But you need to be aware of 2 things: 

1, you must move AS you press your cleansing skill, otherwise you will be stuck. This is because the root re-applies immobilize every second. But, as long as you move.. you will be out of the range of the root, even if you get another 1s proc of immobilize. After the last proc and you’re outside the root, you are free.

This also means if you use 2 cleanses in quick succession you are gonna be unrooted and cleansed, thus guaranteed to get free right away. 

2, damaging the root and killing it if you have no cleanses ready means you can get out after 1-3 procs. This should be sufficient if you also have an active defense skill ready like blocks etc.

Tell me of one condition, damaging or not, that behaves different (or creates different environmental effects) depending on the class that applies it.

Edited by Blackfish.7349
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Blackfish.7349 said:

Tell me of one condition, damaging or not, that behaves different (or creates different environmental effects) depending on the class that applies it.

Blind.  Thief applies so much blind to me I can't hit it AND it can block my projectiles at the same time! If it's cleansed, a lot of their blinds are pulsing so they will just be reapplied a second later.  With all the skills thief has you'll be blinded forever.  

We must remove blind from WvW!

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

If Ranger or ANY Profession is so overpowered.

Play the Profession yourself & totally abuse it to prove your point.

Once you start to walk in another Profession's shoes you will learn how to counter it...or that what's supposed to happen.  Mileage may vary between players.

Zerg vs Single Player is probably more the  issue here.

Multiple players have the ability to apply multiple immobs.

Playing WvW long enough you should get a sense that you'll engage a single enemy that will stall for time so their gank/havoc/zerg team will pounce on you.

Flip the table & setup these kinds of encounters so you can win too...if that's not possible...take a break...or switch maps.

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Diku.2546 said:

If Ranger or ANY Profession is so overpowered.

Play the Profession yourself & totally abuse it to prove your point.

Once you start to walk in another Profession's shoes you will learn how to counter it...or that what's supposed to happen.  Mileage may vary between players.

Zerg vs Single Player is probably more the  issue here.

Multiple players have the ability to apply multiple immobs.

Playing WvW long enough you should get a sense that you'll engage a single enemy that will stall for time so their gank/havoc/zerg team will pounce on you.

Flip the table & setup these kinds of encounters so you can win too...if that's not possible...take a break...or switch maps.

We're not talking about an entire class, were talking about a single broken trait,  linked to a abusive mechanic that works outside of regular game mechanics regarding conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sonork.2916 said:

We're not talking about an entire class, were talking about a single broken trait,  linked to a abusive mechanic that works outside of regular game mechanics regarding conditions.

How do you measure abuse when same can be said of other professions & their mechanics?

Play the Profession yourself & totally abuse this mechanic & use it to your advantage.

Also, be prepared to face other challenges as a Ranger in regards to this WvW game mode...same can be said for Thief, Mesmer, Scourge, pick your profession, etc.

If (insert profession mechanic) that broken (good & powerful)...why aren't you using it for yourself or guild?

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Diku.2546 said:

How do you measure abuse when same can be said of other professions & their mechanics?

As far as I know binding roots is the only CC that works like this, and it's the lack of foresight on the balance team in regards to the Ancient Seeds trait that lead to it being as  broken as it is now.   Playing around it is fairly random as it procs off any stun/daze every 10 seconds automatically.  It's an immobilize that works outside regular conditions that can root someone literally forever, which is why there is an entire spec based around abusing it.  It's not the players fault, but the devs for failing to take into account what that trait could actually do.

I dunno why anyone would defend the ridiculous ability to immob someone forever in a player vs player game.  

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Thanks 1

I'd encourage you to use the mechanic yourself & see how far you get at being successful.

Compared to other WvW Meta builds....it's not as popular & powerful as you think...that's what I'm saying.

For every give...there is a take.

It's like basic physics.

Why are you fighting the basic physics & not using it to your advantage instead?

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Why are you fighting the basic physics & not using it to your advantage instead?

I'd encourage you to use the mechanic yourself & see how far you get.

It might be a case of...it only looks good when other players are doing it to me, but I can't do it to them...which might point to a player's skill level, access to specific build resources, or I hope not...hacking...that might be missing...imho

I always go back to the same train of thought.

If (insert profession mechanic) is so broken (good & powerful)...players should dig right in & use it to their advantage.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Any build with good or decent access to condi cleanse will deal with a druid NP. Slot cleansing sigil in wvw and bam you get 3 cleanses every 9s. Add a few cleanses from traits or utility and you’re good. Idk what to tell you. If you struggle vs druid this much, it’s l2p.

There are plenty of builds that can be very oppressive in a 2v1 situation, but druid 1v1 is garbo. It has no dmg, very low sustain and very squishy.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1