Intermission begins in 6 days?

9 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

So, a break from the living story reruns? No S3E1 next week?

Yeah, I didn't feel like I needed a break, it's not like they were terribly taxing or anything.

I'm wondering if the Intermission is itself one of the 24 weeks?  Maybe a week for the Side Stories?

But then the Meta Achievement doesn't make any sense as you'd finish Tier 2 when you complete Episode 5 of LS3.

Not a good sign for those expecting an EoD release this year.

Edit: Of course, next week is Dragon Bash in Hoelbrak, so there should be some updates and maybe even a epilogue to IBS added to that festival.

Edited by Pifil.5193
I meant to say epilogue not prologue
  • Confused 1
13 minutes ago, mindlord.3147 said:

Where are you getting the information about an intermission next week?

It's in game. If you look in the top right corner where it says:

Living World Return: Seeds of Truth and Point of No Return

And left-click on that it says:

This Week: Season 2 Episodes 7 and 8.

Intermission begins in 6 days.

I'd say both are true.

From gw2efficiency I can see that the players registered there aren't exactly flocking back for this. Maybe new players will be more incentivised by these.

And it's not like these rerun weeks have been packed full of achievements that take a long time to do so I'd find it hard to believe that many players are struggling to complete these. 

I'd say these Intermissions are because arena net need more time and have to pad these reruns out even more to distract from the lack of new content.

The intermission is so unnecessary. The amount of content in two LW2 chapters don't compete with even one LW3 episode. LW3 and up is going to seem overwhelming by comparison because of all the stuff on every map.

It looks like EoD won't be coming out this year because of this alone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
18 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Having a count down to "you won't be able to progress for a week" is also hollow.

Apparently it was a count down to "you won't be able to progress for three weeks" the counter is gone, replaced by the Dragon Base festival.

Actually, it's more likely "you won't be able to progress for four weeks" as three weeks brings us up to July 13th and the Twisted Marionette.

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Apparently it was a count down to "you won't be able to progress for three weeks" the counter is gone, replaced by the Dragon Base festival.

Actually, it's more likely "you won't be able to progress for four weeks" as three weeks brings us up to July 13th and the Twisted Marionette.

There won't be a 3 or 4 week wait, its just this week

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-weekly-events-schedule-june-14-june-20/

Living World Return will continue on June 29 with the first episode of Season 3!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
On 6/15/2021 at 12:21 PM, Pifil.5193 said:

Yeah, I didn't feel like I needed a break, it's not like they were terribly taxing or anything.

I'm wondering if the Intermission is itself one of the 24 weeks?  Maybe a week for the Side Stories?

But then the Meta Achievement doesn't make any sense as you'd finish Tier 2 when you complete Episode 5 of LS3.

Not a good sign for those expecting an EoD release this year.

Edit: Of course, next week is Dragon Bash in Hoelbrak, so there should be some updates and maybe even a epilogue to IBS added to that festival.

That's assuming that you have to complete the whole return to living world seasons + IBS before they release the expansion.

But my non-existent money is on them releasing the expansion shortly after the livestream event. Thus why we get the precursor token FIRST instead of after completing all seasons.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

That's assuming that you have to complete the whole return to living world seasons + IBS before they release the expansion.

But my non-existent money is on them releasing the expansion shortly after the livestream event. Thus why we get the precursor token FIRST instead of after completing all seasons.

I've read this theory in a couple of places, that some or all of LS4 and the final 8 week tier will drop after the expansion to fill the gap between the expansion and whatever kind of LS releases they will have and I hope that's true.