The Mystery cave shadow of the dragon is bug?

hello I can't finish the story because I can't complete the bar of the ring of fire so that the dragon comes out so I can kill someone it also happens to him is from the last chapter of living world 2 pls fix it

Edited by Guille.7985

Yes, unfortunately it is not a "bug".  

It is just one of the worst designed encounters in the game.

(Even worse than Hidden Arcana, which had a long thread recently).

I feel like I am not fighting the monster. 

I am fighting the game mechanics trying to get things done.

And then even if I do get the damned ring done, and can actually fight mr. dragon,

it resets and I have to start all over again.

I will have to allocate about 3 hours in order to be able to accomplish this.

• Like 1

Never had an issue with Shadow of the Dragon and just did it earlier today again.

As mentioned by others here; when you need to light the fire to create the barrier of divine fire, you'll notice that after the first phase, there is an added element where a Smothering Shadow spawns once you have lighted a fire wall. Then you have to coat yourself in Divine Fire, kill it before it reaches the wall to quell the flame, it only requires one hit. Next, coat yourself in Divine Fire again, then light the next fire.

Rinse and repeat 4 times, for next burn phase.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 10:12 PM, Guille.7985 said:

hello I can't finish the story because I can't complete the bar of the ring of fire so that the dragon comes out so I can kill someone it also happens to him is from the last chapter of living world 2 pls fix it

1. The fires may not go out.

2. To keep them from being extinguished, simply walk into the divine fire and kill the shadows while under its magic. Only then run to the next place to light another.

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

When you deal enough damage, it won't take you more than two rounds of this.

I did it yesterday within 5 mins or so.

The 4 times referred to needing to light the fire on all four sides before you get to the burn phase. Obviously, depending on your dps, you may not need more than one or two burn phases indeed 🙂