Divine Fire from S2E8

18 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Don't give them ideas.

There already is too much particle vomit in the game.

They need to keep further additions to a very low minimum.

They can add whatever eye-glaring infusions they want, AS LONG as they also add the option to hide the effects for players who don't want to bleed out their eyes looking at shimmering balls of light.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

They can add whatever eye-glaring infusions they want, AS LONG as they also add the option to hide the effects for players who don't want to bleed out their eyes looking at shimmering balls of light.

While I wish for an option to disable all that particle spam more than I wish for Arenanet to start trying to balance the game,

I can't see them ever introducing that option.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:11 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

While I wish for an option to disable all that particle spam more than I wish for Arenanet to start trying to balance the game,

I can't see them ever introducing that option.

It's not a big stretch, they already added a lot of other features to check/uncheck stuff you might find a nuisance from other players... instruments, for instance. Standard models (for performance), so something to dull the particle effects of players seems like something within scope.

Honestly I find that effect less disruptive than the ghostly, chak, pinata, and bee infusions, among others. Much closer to the body with no annoying sounds or trails.

Not to mention gemstore items.

But there really does need to be an option to turn off (or at least reduce) the number of particles from other players. Old engine + tons of modern particle effects = bad time even without taking into account the visual noise. I've lost count of how many times there's been a skin that crashes/lags nearby players since the original star griffon skin.

9 hours ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

It's not a big stretch, they already added a lot of other features to check/uncheck stuff you might find a nuisance from other players... instruments, for instance. Standard models (for performance), so something to dull the particle effects of players seems like something within scope.

The big stretch is not on the technical side.

Arenanet's general willingness to improve QoL is the biggest problem here.

And the fact that Arenanet didn't put backpacks and infusions into the standard model option in the first place speaks volumes for itself.

And merely dulling the particle effects is simply not enough.

There needs to be an option that completely stops the client from loading the backpacks and infusions.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1