A rant about the Surveys about the game you sent by mails

If I had an email from every company that I do business with, informing me that there is a survey out even though I'm not included in the sample, and gave me the list of questions in the survey, my inboxes would be flooded. More so as I am on a respondent panel for a market research company that does multiple surveys a week.

Wanting the questions in a survey, every time a survey is sent out, smacks of entitlement.

Anet aren't going to add in responses from non-respondents, who post in the forums, to their survey results. That would create bias, as the sample is specifically cut to minimise bias.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Did you not get the survey asking about who they should survey?

Shame.

Still, on the basis of some of the decisions they have taken over the last few years, they're surveying all the wrong people anyway.

They should choose me.

Choose me.

Choose me.

Me.

Me.

Me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The surveys are directed to people who play the game a certain way and criteria. That criteria seems to not target people who are long time players, spent a lot of money, or even broad play time. It seems to go toward players who have statistically played a certain part of the game enough for the devs to find out why and how to improve on it.

I've gotten surveys asking about specific content, Quality of Life, and generally how I spend my time in the game and why. I won't say specifics, because I like getting these surveys and sending them info that I have seen actually reflected on in game.

• Like 1

I'm playing GW2 since the release, I have over 40k AP, and I also didn't receive the survey either... but honestly, I think it's ok that I didn't (and probably won't) receive it. If I'm still playing it after all these years, it means to Anet that something that what they did in the past and what they keep doing is right(ish), or else I'd have left long ago. Maybe they are targeting new players, or not so veteran players so they can find the reason of why these people don't keep playing after a while.

Surveys are usually made because the company is after an answer to their issues, they are not not really wanting to know every single customer's opinion about their service/product. I don't think that they are targetting people that are already playing for many years simply because people like the OP, or me, are already doing what they expect us to do.

• Like 3