[Suggestion] Semi-QoL changes

So I am sure there is plenty of people thinking, what and how do I get this item, or items without spending 10k gold, I know I sure have. After taking a 6-month break and coming back to the game with renewed enthusiasm, there are still a few things that could use a tweak or update/change. I will just break my thoughts down into mostly point form.

• New Legendary weapons - Okay, I know we have seemed to abandon the legendary journey and to compensate you have added more raw materials to the process of making precursors/finished product, but I think you have ramped the actual material requirements to a pretty spectacular level. With regards to this perhaps some small changes.

Mystic coins - Miyani should sell these, she is the mystic forge attendant, this would remove the market inflation (currently reaching the 2g each mark).Mystic Curios - Not really sure why these are needed, surely we can forego these and go directly to making shards, seems a redundant step, or at least reduce the amount of mithril/elder needed.Amalgamated Gemstones - 2 things mainly, remove from mystic forge and make it a jeweller recipe, reduce the amount of gems required, I think there is a large misconception about how many jewels players actually have lol. Alternatively if you plan on adding them to the forging pool, add them to the JP/hidden treasure pool as well since they are considered gems.

*Aurora - Love the process so far, the only thing I think perhaps should change a little bit are the Map mastery. Namely things like Wayfarer's Henge. Starting the journey should be enough to fulfill that requirement since achievements should imo be separate adventures.

*HoT content - There are still a few QoL things that should be updated somewhat.

Unique weapons - Mordrem Sabre, Bow, Lightward Battlestaff, etc. The rng is fine, but having a solid process for achieving them would be a welcome addition, even if it's like a map currency reward from each maps vendors. Once players are done with their armor collections or not necessarily interested in making a legendary, extra map currency having a use to buy these items would be a cool addition.Custom auras - Vial of Aurillium, Chak Egg Sac etc. Okay, 10k gold, is outrageous. These are cosmetic items, let's treat them as such shall we and add actual ways to obtain them. I am firmly in the belief we use Map items for them e.g. Trade 250 chak eggs for chak egg sack, 250 auric ingots for Aurilium Vial, etc. and make the purchased ones Account bound.Guild Hall Vendors - Mini/Armor/Weapon. Perhaps someone have a look over the prices here, they are a tad crazy, Crystalline ore + small gold, or gold and a few crystalline ore, but not ALOT of crystalline ore and high gold price. This needs to be balanced, and cost adjusted based on level of guild hall.Scribing in Guild Hall - THANKYOU whoever balanced most of the recipes, but there are still about a quarter that still need a look at, namely the guild furniture and hedge/wall/lighting ones. Reduction to be on par with the rest of the scribing recipes, Guild Halls are meant to be customised and for players to have fun with it without it being a massive gold sink. This also applies to the scribing vendor in Lake Doric, the item prices should be reduced to about 1/10th the cost.Scribing #2 Lamp Finials etc. Some of these items should just be made craftable - Lamp Finial for gold ingots, or sold by the scribe vendor for karma etc.

*Living World Season Maps

Map nodes acc. wide - I don't like passive time gating, it really doesn't achieve anything other than just annoy people. It cheapens using alts to finish maps and story, I mean we do know anet is not a fan of players using multiple characters, but with item requirements in the maps so high, it seems baffling to me why these are account wide nodes.Vendor prices - A bit daunting at first, but some nice options, my only suggestion here would be maybe make less karma cost, or increase the amount of karma from the karmic retribution item drops. The game atm seems to have a bit of a karma discrepancy, while we used to make karma hand over fist, it seems to have trickled down to a lot less than we use to have.Carnival weapons in Ember Bay - i don't even, I mean What the AF. It's almost like the dirty little secret of ember bay, this hideous gold sink for hideous weapons, I remember when you used to make reasonable weapon collections like destroyer, corrupted, Hylek etc. Those weapons need the ban hammer lol.

*Legendary Armor -Endlessly controversial. But let's just clear the air for a moment shall we.NO it should not be raid content onlyYES it should be available to all game forms, PvP and WvW have as much right to get their own.YES it should have unique skins and be treated as legendaryNO they have not done right by the PvP/WvW community in that regardYES it should either share the current legendary armor design or have it's own special forms for each play area.NO raiders don't deserve it more or are better players or "insert elitism ranting"

OKAY, now that's done.

WvW armor, which is the armor I am aiming to make seems to be a very long journey indeed in comparison to regular raid armor, The skirmish tickets are very gated. 10550 tickets are required to make it or 28 weeks since we only get 365 tokens per week. 6 months. +minimum wvw rank of 2000. For 1 set.

Currently there is no alternate way to gain these skirmish tickets, It dawns on me that the solution could be somewhat remedied by adding skirmish tickets to wvw daily chests and for every world rank chest we get when we level up. Even if it's only 5, that contributes.

*Fractals - I love fractals love all the great changes, the new vendors, but my main issue comes with the new vendors.

Fractal Tonic - Again cosmetic shenanigans and should simply cost 100 pristine relics. I don't even know a player who has 1200 or would spend 1200. TBH, most of the vendors could use a tweak on costs again, I dunno who has determined the relative wealth or currency accumulation of players in the game, but DAAAMNNN, seriously let's just tone some of this down.

Thanks again Anet for all the work you do.

I am a legendary fanatic; I have countless of them - but I think the first part of your post is addressing ways to make it significantly cheaper or easier for players to obtain. This brings up an issue of longevity.

Legendaries and cosmetics are the end-game for Guild Wars 2, unlike other MMO counterparts like BDO and WoW where the end-game is gear treadmill. Having a change where it retroactively devalues each legendary by making it easier for players to obtain would be destructive to the ideology of GW2 end-game.

Leading on from that; another reason why I strongly disliked the molten backpack being tanked in price - I am hoping ArenaNet won't do the same with other skins / auras such as Chak Egg Sac, Winter's Heart Infusion, Invisible Boots/slippers/stomers and more... Expensive items shouldn't be made easier or cheaper to get because fewer people get them.

However, I do believe the legendary journey for Gen 3 legendaries (if they become a thing) should take a vastly different route to create; perhaps one that is completely free of economy and huge time-gating. That is something I'd like to see. Perhaps an actual questing platform that allows players to complete a series of hard quests to unlock the legendary skin similar to the Anima / Relic quest in FFXIV.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:I am a legendary fanatic; I have countless of them - but I think the first part of your post is addressing ways to make it significantly cheaper or easier for players to obtain. This brings up an issue of longevity.

Legendaries and cosmetics are the end-game for Guild Wars 2, unlike other MMO counterparts like BDO and WoW where the end-game is gear treadmill. Having a change where it retroactively devalues each legendary by making it easier for players to obtain would be destructive to the ideology of GW2 end-game.

Leading on from that; another reason why I strongly disliked the molten backpack being tanked in price - I am hoping ArenaNet won't do the same with other skins / auras such as Chak Egg Sac, Winter's Heart Infusion, Invisible Boots/slippers/stomers and more... Expensive items shouldn't be made easier or cheaper to get because fewer people get them.

However, I do believe the legendary journey for Gen 3 legendaries (if they become a thing) should take a vastly different route to create; perhaps one that is completely free of economy and huge time-gating. That is something I'd like to see. Perhaps an actual questing platform that allows players to complete a series of hard quests to unlock the legendary skin similar to the Anima / Relic quest in FFXIV.

Except that the parts that need to be adjusted don't contribute to the rest of the hard work that goes towards a legendary - I am sure you can agree with that, the process is the same, what changes is the items that shouldn't be expensive to begin with. The rest of it is fine, trust me I have no issue with that, I have every tier 1 legendary and half-way through 2nd tier ones atm. But being here since day dot, I remember when these items weren't radically altered by player economy tanking things for the sake of raising prices. Mystic coins and amalgamated gems should not be 2g each, that is just simple reality. It's not destructive to the longevity of the game it's stabilising an already out of wack economy which probably contributes to less people making legendaries.

As for the tanking price for items like auras/skins, I like limited release items, everyone does, but these auras aren't limited release, they are part and parcel to the expansion, and as such should have more than just rng as a way to obtain. This is something I believe we will probably both butt heads on, I get we have an rng game (yes I am salty that I have never gotten a precursor drop yet still made all legendaries). I don't really know if the suggestion is any easier, I think running gerent etc 250 times if they limited chak eggs to 1 per run would be considered easy. I am just sick of the whole rng schtick, it's boring and unimaginative I rather have a collection, or something I can progress towards rather than knowing that can never get the item because of the rng factor.

Archived