Test my random PvP build?

Swagg.9236

Disclaimer:   I don't really know what I'm doing and this is probably just bad anyway.  Regardless, I can't play at the moment, but I ended up bored enough to make this:  http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAsqZlRwAZSsLmJe+T5PLA-zZx8QiUIkpKobJgjHA

I used to run a scepter/pistol & sword/shield chrono version of this, but after that random staff buff, I thought about going full range.

Main rotation:  Duelist & Feedback (because I'm a mad lad that actually uses a projectile combo finisher) - Magic Bullet - Confusing Images - more clone-making for a shatter

Rest is mostly just the typical, PvP filler spam and prancing around present in all gw2 builds.  I wanted to see if the mirage mirrors and alacrity would make up for the easy-mode block rotations from chrono (because this build looks way more fun to use than chrono).  Feel free to bash it, discard it or tweak it and tell me how it goes here if you're feeling bored enough.  I took the old version of this to low plat forever ago (when I came back to play this mess Ford a hot minute again), but no telling how it might fare now.  Thanks.

Edited by Swagg.9236

Hello, I'm using a similar build right now, and I believe that it's decent. I'm using torch instead of pistol, and I use signet of inspiration and signet of midnight : Coupled with Auspicious Anguish, you have more dispel. Signet of midnight becomes a super 7 condi cleanse + stealth + blind + stun-break + disto, and signet of inspiration gives you more alacrity duration. Each time you trigger a signet, you get disto so you can use an ambush thanks to the Desert Distortion traits : my favourite combo is chaos vortex -> signet of inspiration -> chaos vortex, and you will have plenty of boons. To play tanky you can use sage amulet, for a more dps style play with carrion amulet. However, this build isn't capable to burst , and struggles to deal damage against some class like nec or guard.

Edit : if you really want to keep feedback, illusionary ambush etc. you should change blurred inscription because you won't use any signet.

Edited by Woltarion.6829
  • Like 1

Your build has some flaws imo. There is absolutely no reason to take blurred inspiration when you aren't running any signets and master of manipulation isn't getting enough value with just blink. I'd switch from master of manipulation to method of madness. Other than that, your build looks like a solid teamfighter with great res utility.

On 6/17/2021 at 12:23 PM, Woltarion.6829 said:

Hello, I'm using a similar build right now, and I believe that it's decent. I'm using torch instead of pistol, and I use signet of inspiration and signet of midnight : Coupled with Auspicious Anguish, you have more dispel. Signet of midnight becomes a super 7 condi cleanse + stealth + blind + stun-break + disto, and signet of inspiration gives you more alacrity duration. Each time you trigger a signet, you get disto so you can use an ambush thanks to the Desert Distortion traits : my favourite combo is chaos vortex -> signet of inspiration -> chaos vortex, and you will have plenty of boons. To play tanky you can use sage amulet, for a more dps style play with carrion amulet. However, this build isn't capable to burst , and struggles to deal damage against some class like nec or guard.

Edit : if you really want to keep feedback, illusionary ambush etc. you should change blurred inscription because you won't use any signet.

Yooo, I didn't realize that signet distortion triggers that mirage trait.  Also, I didn't realize that I didn't have signet of midnight loaded into that build.  That was supposed to be there.  I'll have an opportunity to test this sometime soon, so I'll probably go heavier into signets then.  Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Swagg.9236

On 6/18/2021 at 4:50 PM, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Your build has some flaws imo. There is absolutely no reason to take blurred inspiration when you aren't running any signets and master of manipulation isn't getting enough value with just blink. I'd switch from master of manipulation to method of madness. Other than that, your build looks like a solid teamfighter with great res utility.

Noted.  As much as I just enjoy the faster teleport, I'll give method of madness a try too.