eVerY oNe hAtEs nO DoWnsTatE

On 6/28/2021 at 7:45 AM, phreeak.1023 said:

Only gankers and rangers camping on walls and using their pew pew rapid fire skill loves no downstate. 

I didn't see much of a "down" side to no downstate.....hahahaha I'll show myself out.

....But in all seriousness I probably liked it more. Necro main.

Edited by Pacificterror.7805
Forgot profession
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2021 at 7:01 PM, BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

If you really think those 'rewards' actually pull in players well that's just funny and your innocence is golden.

If you really think it's not the main reason pve players are pulled in, then you must live in a very strange bubble indeed!

Pve players will tolerate the 'no down state' in order to double their progress.

Maybe next time Anet could test your theory and have a 'no down state week, rewards are reduced to a quarter of normal'.  According to you, players will flood in to enjoy no down state....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Baldrick.8967 said:

If you really think it's not the main reason pve players are pulled in, then you must live in a very strange bubble indeed!

Pve players will tolerate the 'no down state' in order to double their progress.

Maybe next time Anet could test your theory and have a 'no down state week, rewards are reduced to a quarter of normal'.  According to you, players will flood in to enjoy no down state....

As a reformed PvE-only player, the attraction of faster rewards only pulled me into finally trying WvW because it allowed faster progress on the Warclaw Reward Track. I had been trying to find out info about the game mode for awhile to eventually try it, but the thought of lagging behind everyone due to not having a mount deterred me a bit. I can't think of any other rewards WvW offers that would draw me in from PvE.

I would have been trying WvW eventually anyway, but the extra Warclaw track progress gave me the kick I needed to start sooner rather than later. I haven't touched another game mode since - loving WvW.

Edited by Pacificterror.7805
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pacificterror.7805 said:

As a reformed PvE-only player, the attraction of faster rewards only pulled me into finally trying WvW because it allowed faster progress on the Warclaw Reward Track. I had been trying to find out info about the game mode for awhile to eventually try it, but the thought of lagging behind everyone due to not having a mount deterred me a bit. I can't think of any other rewards WvW offers that would draw me in from PvE.

I would have been trying WvW eventually anyway, but the extra Warclaw track progress gave me the kick I needed to start sooner rather than later. I haven't touched another game mode since - loving WvW.

Awe <3...

See Anet, this is why you should do events like this more often.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Awe <3...

+1 Honestly there should be events every other weekend at least, and I don't mean just no DS, but SOME kind of events to get people to try out WvW, along with some short term change to keep things interesting for current players.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

I can't lie, I actually enjoyed no downstate this time. It accelerated the pace pushing into groups and since damage was toned down, I've seen a lot less hit and run cheese compared to the first time.

Literally the first things I saw during the week was gangs of permastealth thieves downing people in seconds and pewpew rangers doing it in one rapid fire. Toned down damage, lol.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Literally the first things I saw during the week was gangs of permastealth thieves downing people in seconds and pewpew rangers doing it in one rapid fire. Toned down damage, lol.

That just shows why so many of us hated the feb2020 balance patch. It didn't hit enough of the builds hard enough.

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Even on your end that sounds relatively tame in comparison to the first no downstate event, where I've witnessed glasscannons across all classes trying to cheap shot people throughout the week. Granted I did see a few more gank squads and rangers than usual, but the gankers typically stayed between smc and keep while lb rangers were easy picking since on my end.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 7:16 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

I guess you were being carried by passives before the feb patch?

there’s less damage but no more passives to artificially keep you alive
😳

Edited by bigo.9037
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

I guess you were being carried by passives before the feb patch?

there’s less damage but no more passives to artificially keep you alive
😳

Ah yes, the passives that held core condi engineers together.

That made zero sense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MrForz.1953 said:

Ah yes, the passives that held core condi engineers together.

That made zero sense.

? Different person or different account? A lot of builds were utilizing passives. Some mitigated dmg, others mitigated CC. Both of those will keep you alive longer.. that’s why it’s now easier to run high dmg builds, cus there are less carryme passives saving ppl when they would’ve otherwise taken lethal damage.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 10:00 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Awe <3...

I usually run into a number of new players who are trying the game mode during its rare events. Have to agree. I think more WvW events is a better incentive to have more players try it. As a vet I don't like queues either, but they have room to expand if we got more player base back. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I usually run into a number of new players who are trying the game mode during its rare events. Have to agree. I think more WvW events is a better incentive to have more players try it. As a vet I don't like queues either, but they have room to expand if we got more player base back. 

They can always add more maps if interest picks up to the point where the queues become onerous. 

Imagine 3 alpine, 1 desert, 1 urban, and 1 Jungle map along with EBG. Shoot, make the Urban and Jungle Maps like EBG where there is a central objective with the three servers on the edges/corners of the map.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They can always add more maps if interest picks up to the point where the queues become onerous. 

Imagine 3 alpine, 1 desert, 1 urban, and 1 Jungle map along with EBG. Shoot, make the Urban and Jungle Maps like EBG where there is a central objective with the three servers on the edges/corners of the map.

Don't get me started there. I am still for bringing EoTM as a 5th map or creating a rotating map that is a copy of the current living world map with objectives added in. I still think people over think WvW maps. New maps mean new tactics to learn and discover and keeps the game fresh. Still finding new siege placement on RBL that I don't see people using. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Don't get me started there. I am still for bringing EoTM as a 5th map or creating a rotating map that is a copy of the current living world map with objectives added in. I still think people over think WvW maps. New maps mean new tactics to learn and discover and keeps the game fresh. Still finding new siege placement on RBL that I don't see people using. 

Once I learned about the haystacks RBL instantly became more fun to play in than Alpine. I'm still showing people about the haystacks and it blows their mind every

single time.

So, yeah. Add in more maps, not just rotating another in among the current 4. Bring in events every other week. Automate them. They don't all have to have the double wxp or reward track gain. It could be things like double skirmish pips, or perma outnumbered for everyone, or something utterly silly like bringing in FotM instabilities (not the birds).

8 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Once I learned about the haystacks RBL instantly became more fun to play in than Alpine. I'm still showing people about the haystacks and it blows their mind every

single time.

So, yeah. Add in more maps, not just rotating another in among the current 4. Bring in events every other week. Automate them. They don't all have to have the double wxp or reward track gain. It could be things like double skirmish pips, or perma outnumbered for everyone, or something utterly silly like bringing in FotM instabilities (not the birds).

Half my Havoc groans every time its 'Haystack practice' while out roaming, the other half jumps and laugh ready to start some rezzing.

When people ask me why I play WvW since there is nothing to "Win" I tell them its because it is endgame and a pretty good sandbox where players create the content and you don't know what will happen next. And that's without events and changes. Could be me, but how many more people would we have with more events and changes. I know some people don't like change, but I think I have known more people leave because of lack of then I know stay because it doesn't change or doesn't have events. But that's just what I have encountered, peoples mileage will vary. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

56 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

? Different person or different account? A lot of builds were utilizing passives. Some mitigated dmg, others mitigated CC. Both of those will keep you alive longer.. that’s why it’s now easier to run high dmg builds, cus there are less carryme passives saving ppl when they would’ve otherwise taken lethal damage.

Looks like we're the same person. @Dawdler.8521

Uhm... The pre-feb patch was to reduce the amount of one-shots per second and infinite sustain through healing so that one's resillience may play a role independantly. The only things that would come to mind in terms of "carryme passives" would be MM Necro, the poor Defense Warrior and Shadow Arts Thief and the first two don't really go far most of the time. Most used to rely and still rely on active defenses up to this day, I suppose it's a form of carrying in itself?

It's not easier for everyone to run high damage builds, but among those who can in WvW roaming, you've got Soulbeast and Nade Scrapper with their overtuned kits and perhaps Shadow Arts DE/DD. Them alone implants the question of "Has the damage been toned down for everyone?" and at the same time, some classes/specs have so many get-out-of-jail-free cards that if you don't one-shot them on that one occasion there's barely any possibility to defeat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, MrForz.1953 said:

Looks like we're the same person. @Dawdler.8521

Uhm... The pre-feb patch was to reduce the amount of one-shots per second and infinite sustain through healing so that one's resillience may play a role independantly. The only things that would come to mind in terms of "carryme passives" would be MM Necro, the poor Defense Warrior and Shadow Arts Thief and the first two don't really go far most of the time. Most used to rely and still rely on active defenses up to this day, I suppose it's a form of carrying in itself?

It's not easier for everyone to run high damage builds, but among those who can in WvW roaming, you've got Soulbeast and Nade Scrapper with their overtuned kits and perhaps Shadow Arts DE/DD. Them alone implants the question of "Has the damage been toned down for everyone?" and at the same time, some classes/specs have so many get-out-of-jail-free cards that if you don't one-shot them on that one occasion there's barely any possibility to defeat.

You’re right. Ranger/slb also had access to passives, unfortunately one of them still remains on NM. You could have a free stun break on 60icd on an already used traitline. War and thief were probably among the worst when it came to passives tho. 

Yes as you said yourself dmg or rather TTK has not changed much in the lower end (when 2 ppl who run zerk stats fight, for example) because of nerfs and changes that just let other builds viable after the feb, and following patches. But it did help overall in the high end of TTK (2 bruisers or 1 bruiser vs someone pretty tanky). 

The bell curve of TTK still needs adjustment.. tanks can still brush off a lot of burst builds and make them hit like wet noodles.. and dying in 1s probably isn’t preferable at the low end either, although skill is a bigger factor there as it is often possible to stay alive for at least around 10-20s in a low TTK fight unless you’re getting badly outplayed. 

i suppose I should clarify, the passives alone didn’t prevent low TTK, but many factors made bruiser builds too strong to make it worth playing low TTK builds. After bruisers and boons , passives etc etc got nerfed those builds are now able to see the light of day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Half my Havoc groans every time its 'Haystack practice' while out roaming, the other half jumps and laugh ready to start some rezzing.

When people ask me why I play WvW since there is nothing to "Win" I tell them its because it is endgame and a pretty good sandbox where players create the content and you don't know what will happen next. And that's without events and changes. Could be me, but how many more people would we have with more events and changes. I know some people don't like change, but I think I have known more people leave because of lack of then I know stay because it doesn't change or doesn't have events. But that's just what I have encountered, peoples mileage will vary. 

Yeah, whenever my group ends up back at the WP my comment is always "Doesn't matter. Had Content."

• Like 1