Ranger - Drake pet broken dmg

Ellywan.9273

11 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

When did river drake become the next big thing to forum?

Welcome to gw2 pvp community lol.

1- couple people died from it and posted thread, non ranger players jump on bandwagon cuz easier kills if nerfed.

2- somebody posted or streamed a build that was somewhat effective, must be op.

3- there are certain classes in gw2 that can't show their faces=build in MAT's or any form of tournament cuz if and when they do they are now immediately broken op, rangers one of them.

4- most gw2 forum posters spend more time crying for nerfs then actually playing the game, then wonder why the lose to builds.

5- gw2 pvp community is on a mission to assist the devs in the dumbing down and destruction of the games pvp.

Usually it's a combo of each.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

What off meta builds? You mentioned before that condi ranger and sic em SLB do not use it...

And why you say its killing builds just for a few people? 1) Adjusting the numbers does not mean reduce the dmg to 0 rendering it completely useless. and 2) its not just a few people thinking ranger pets are stronger than they should be.

Therefore, I do not see the problem with role based balance. Besides, your third paragraph makes no sense to me... Please re-write it so that others can understand.

4 pets all with completely different functions from core.

you don’t seem to understand that in reality there’s more than like 2 builds per class.

as I already clearly explained, which somehow went over your head-

literally none of the ‘meta’ builds are coming from these pro teams that make meta comps. In fact they have some of the worst game sense in finding new builds.

wtf should we be balance builds around people who only understand what was spoon fed them.

54 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

4 pets all with completely different functions from core.

you don’t seem to understand that in reality there’s more than like 2 builds per class.

as I already clearly explained, which somehow went over your head-

literally none of the ‘meta’ builds are coming from these pro teams that make meta comps. In fact they have some of the worst game sense in finding new builds.

wtf should we be balance builds around people who only understand what was spoon fed them.

Still not sure what you are talking about. And not sure why you bring up "pro teams"...

"In fact they have some of the worst game sense in finding new builds" I don't think this is true... In fact I think many builds are made by top players in their class...

7 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Still not sure what you are talking about. And not sure why you bring up "pro teams"...

"In fact they have some of the worst game sense in finding new builds" I don't think this is true... In fact I think many builds are made by top players in their class...

Weird cuz when I look at team usd that won the most recent pro level tournament I see them playing things like minionmancer, which not only had they never played before- they completely stole from a player named ckod, who had been playing it for a year.

5 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Weird cuz when I look at team usd that won the most recent pro level tournament I see them playing things like minionmancer, which not only had they never played before- they completely stole from a player named ckod, who had been playing it for a year.

1) Maybe one case. It might be the exception not the rule.

2) Maybe they developed it first and then played by CKOD.

3) I think the recent tournament was US dragons, and I do not remember they played that.

Also, its funny you call it a pro level tournament... There is nothing pro here mate, there was though.

11 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

1) Maybe one case. It might be the exception not the rule.

2) Maybe they developed it first and then played by CKOD.

3) I think the recent tournament was US dragons, and I do not remember they played that.

Also, its funny you call it a pro level tournament... There is nothing pro here mate, there was though.

1.)I said usd that is Us dragons.

2.) No usd  didn’t develop the build. Ckod played it since the February patch- he was the only one playing it.

3.) not the only case- there are many. You don’t think usd made any of the dh builds or decap druid or condi pd or renegade? 

the answer to 3 is no- all those builds were made by players that deeply know and main their class and found something workable and popularized it - followed by these organized teams picking it up when they learned how good they are.

4.) I’ve been making my own builds to play at the plat3+ level(since forever). So I kindof know this process

5.) your conclusion didn’t really grammatically make sense. This is about as close to pro as we have, no point in arguing about semantics here

edit: and 6.) yeah usd played minionmancer core necro.

Edited by RedAvenged.5217

20 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

1.)I said usd that is Us dragons.

2.) No usd  didn’t develop the build. Ckod played it since the February patch- he was the only one playing it.

3.) not the only case- there are many. You don’t think usd made any of the dh builds or decap druid or condi pd or renegade? 

the answer to 3 is no- all those builds were made by players that deeply know and main their class and found something workable and popularized it - followed by these organized teams picking it up when they learned how good they are.

4.) I’ve been making my own builds to play at the plat3+ level(since forever). So I kindof know this process

5.) your conclusion didn’t really grammatically make sense. This is about as close to pro as we have, no point in arguing about semantics here

edit: and 6.) yeah usd played minionmancer core necro.

SB rene was made by Azzurs I suppose. I think Boyce first showed the condi SLB build. I remember Sindrener talked about making a thief build after the nerf of D/P. Zan first played the nade holo in the MOTA that won the Worms...

If we go back more in time: Drazeh said he developed a version of Berzerker. ROM said he developed ham bow war. 

I mean, your statement and I quote "all those builds were made by players that deeply know and main their class and found something workable and popularized it - followed by these organized teams picking it up when they learned how good they are."

Its a big statement and I wonder you can prove it. I think the nade holo build I mentioned in the first paragraph already disproved your statement. Also, you said, "made by players that deeply know and main their class". This suggests that you must think players in the top teams: USA, R55, Worms, Prestige etc DO NOT deeply know they class. I have nothing to say...

Based on your nonsensical arguments, I do want to waste more time continue the discussion. I will stop here.

Edited by Crozame.4098

8 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

SB rene was made by Azzurs I suppose. I think Boyce first showed the condi SLB build. I remember Sindrener talked about making a thief build after the nerf of D/P. Zan first played the nade holo in the MOTA that won the Worms...

If we go back more in time: Drazeh said he developed a version of Berzerker. ROM said he developed ham bow war. 

I mean, your statement and I quote "all those builds were made by players that deeply know and main their class and found something workable and popularized it - followed by these organized teams picking it up when they learned how good they are."

Its a big statement and I wonder you can prove it. I think the nade holo build I mentioned in the first paragraph already disproved your statement. Also, you said, "made by players that deeply know and main their class". This suggests that you must think players in the top teams: USA, R55, Worms, Prestige etc DO NOT deeply know they class. I have nothing to say...

Based on your nonsensical arguments, I do want to waste more time continue the discussion. I will stop here.

Condi soulbeast is not meta. The shadow arts dp build was first streamed by vallun before the February patch which was picked up after they nerfed power creep. Renegade was first played by a gw1 player named exalted quality where he made it and almost beat team USA with it.

I already gave credit to zan in my first post because he is one of the few examples of these teams making something that stood through time-

i also did say it’s not a great example because the build was already popular in Eu and existed on metabattle- which he just added nades to it.

I really wish you wouldn’t just say random things to and claim I’m dumb or something. That’s the opposite of proving your point.

On 6/23/2021 at 5:26 PM, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Renegade was first played by a gw1 player named exalted quality where he made it and almost beat team USA with it.

Aw man, so much for showing off against Phantaram on his stream. I don't recall anyone playing Renegade for weeks while I was already at it day 1 with my template ready to post on MB when it got popular enough as it got repurposed for the cringy upkeep spam version that was still technically inferior in the right hands.

To be fair, Renegade was always this good even with melee, shortbow was just overtuned after targeting changes, slightly still is.

Don't know anyone that plays it like I do either, tbh the most skillful way. Camping Wars 2 is boring.

Edited by Shao.7236

In terms of the theory-craft discussion between @RedAvenged.5217 and @Crozame.4098, As someone that's been here since the dawn of gw1 history, how it's happened over time for the most part, is that there are a few theory-crafters that make these off-meta build ideas, which usually start out very gimmick and very wacky. It's then pro-players that take those off meta builds and they streamline it to usually be less gimmick, and more competitive...and this is when you see it used in tournaments, and become popularized.

In gw2, Lots of the theory-craft on the current builds that we use today were made by people AGES ago. Below just a few examples:

Nemesis was the first real theorycrafter who laid the groundwork for nearly all necromancer builds, even when he wasn't around for HOT and POF, many of the core functionality of today's Reaper and Scourge, still have their general build crafting based in theories developed by him, and has yet to change.

Boots is another player who's laid groundwork for the builds you see today like burn guardian and condi-thief....and really a lot of builds in general. These builds were so heavily gimmick and it took a long while for these builds to get streamlined in popularity...but we still see it today. Current day Burn Guardian is Boot's Fezzik Guardian, and current day condi-thief builds have their origins in Toxic Thief

Vallun is also another theory-crafter who makes many builds. I don't follow him as closely but he's been making builds for a long time now, although I'm not sure if he's developed any theories of his own. Vallun has the perk of also being a really good player, so he's able to streamline the builds he makes himself.

Anyway there's many theory-crafters out there I'm sure (myself included) and the above is just a few of the more popular folks. Many builds that have theory behind them made ages and ages ago and what you see are people taking those ideas and make alterations to  them to make them better, more competitive and optimal, and in this sense the builds take on a new identity and become their own. Many if not most people, even non-theory-crafters also are good at typically looking through the list of skills available to them and sniffing out which builds can actually function as a build. Streamers and top players tend to do this often. They are so good at the game, that even if they choose options that aren't optimal or make much sense, they can still see results with it because they play their class so well.

I like to pick on him, but way back when Quickness replaced the attack speed boost in Shroud for Onslaught, Holts made a build called "Wells Reaper" which used wells, and ran Rune of Chronomancer, the one which provides quickness on using wells. At first glance such a decision seems rational until you realize how dumb the build concept is (shroud already gives you quickness now...why would you need a rune that gives you quickness also?) and for a time this build was considered meta...until people realized how ahem...bad... of a build concept it was and it was dropped from the meta section to the good section to finally just disappearing lol.

I love Holts, but for the most part I don't think he's a good theory-crafter at all, nor do I think he should be elected for taking credit on necromancer theory-crafting, despite being one of the best necromancer players in the game...and often the meta is defined by the builds that he plays.

Unlike Guild Wars 1, where we usto name builds by the people or guilds who created them, gw2 doesn't have a very cohesive archive where people are credited for the builds they create, so it's hard to say who really started what anymore, everything gets lost in translation, and a lot of the same build ideas are usually regurgitated, meaning there's very little novel ideas and when those ideas appear it's rare, and mostly undocumented.

2 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

In terms of the theory-craft discussion between @RedAvenged.5217 and @Crozame.4098, As someone that's been here since the dawn of gw1 history, how it's happened over time for the most part, is that there are a few theory-crafters that make these off-meta build ideas, which usually start out very gimmick and very wacky. It's then pro-players that take those off meta builds and they streamline it to usually be less gimmick, and more competitive...and this is when you see it used in tournaments, and become popularized.

In gw2, Lots of the theory-craft on the current builds that we use today were made by people AGES ago. Below just a few examples:

Nemesis was the first real theorycrafter who laid the groundwork for nearly all necromancer builds, even when he wasn't around for HOT and POF, many of the core functionality of today's Reaper and Scourge, still have their general build crafting based in theories developed by him, and has yet to change.

Boots is another player who's laid groundwork for the builds you see today like burn guardian and condi-thief....and really a lot of builds in general. These builds were so heavily gimmick and it took a long while for these builds to get streamlined in popularity...but we still see it today. Current day Burn Guardian is Boot's Fezzik Guardian, and current day condi-thief builds have their origins in Toxic Thief

Vallun is also another theory-crafter who makes many builds. I don't follow him as closely but he's been making builds for a long time now, although I'm not sure if he's developed any theories of his own. Vallun has the perk of also being a really good player, so he's able to streamline the builds he makes himself.

Anyway there's many theory-crafters out there I'm sure (myself included) and the above is just a few of the more popular folks. Many builds that have theory behind them made ages and ages ago and what you see are people taking those ideas and make alterations to  them to make them better, more competitive and optimal, and in this sense the builds take on a new identity and become their own. Many if not most people, even non-theory-crafters also are good at typically looking through the list of skills available to them and sniffing out which builds can actually function as a build. Streamers and top players tend to do this often. They are so good at the game, that even if they choose options that aren't optimal or make much sense, they can still see results with it because they play their class so well.

I like to pick on him, but way back when Quickness replaced the attack speed boost in Shroud for Onslaught, Holts made a build called "Wells Reaper" which used wells, and ran Rune of Chronomancer, the one which provides quickness on using wells. At first glance such a decision seems rational until you realize how dumb the build concept is (shroud already gives you quickness now...why would you need a rune that gives you quickness also?) and for a time this build was considered meta...until people realized how ahem...bad... of a build concept it was and it was dropped from the meta section to the good section to finally just disappearing lol.

I love Holts, but for the most part I don't think he's a good theory-crafter at all, nor do I think he should be elected for taking credit on necromancer theory-crafting, despite being one of the best necromancer players in the game...and often the meta is defined by the builds that he plays.

Unlike Guild Wars 1, where we usto name builds by the people or guilds who created them, gw2 doesn't have a very cohesive archive where people are credited for the builds they create, so it's hard to say who really started what anymore, everything gets lost in translation, and a lot of the same build ideas are usually regurgitated, meaning there's very little novel ideas and when those ideas appear it's rare, and mostly undocumented.

Holts didn’t create wells necro. For one I played it at a high rating years before the point you are talking about when they reworked reaper to have quickness

if you wanna go down the pedagogy of the build- it showed up in late hot primarily. First I ever saw it was me playing it in high elo on Na and showed Eu friends.

mind you I’m not taking credit, but after this time the build appeared on meta battle and got a “great rating” and was considered the most defining build for Eu in general at the time.

the build fell after pof release to “good” but once scourge was nerfed it got good again- I remember becuz I solo qd to legend on it.

holts decided to start streaming because he mains reaper and reaper was finally good- he did not make in the build in any way shape or form , in fact the opposite

Edited by RedAvenged.5217
Explaining

7 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Aw man, so much for showing off against Phantaram on his stream. I don't recall anyone playing Renegade for weeks while I was already at it day 1 with my template ready to post on MB when it got popular enough as it got repurposed for the cringy upkeep spam version that was still technically inferior in the right hands.

To be fair, Renegade was always this good even with melee, shortbow was just overtuned after targeting changes, slightly still is.

Don't know anyone that plays it like I do either, tbh the most skillful way. Camping Wars 2 is boring.

If I’m not mistaken the template u had made was the zerk short bow renegade?

thats a significant time later.

2 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

And ofc when pro teams pick up the new meta builds they sometimes alter it.

they don’t always make it better though and ranger is a good case of this- they purposely play the build in a way that makes it B teir in ranked, just because it’s the way they think works in ats- which only works that way cuz they play brain dead bunkers

53 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Holts didn’t create wells necro. For one I played it at a high rating years before the point you are talking about when they reworked reaper to have quickness

if you wanna go down the pedagogy of the build- it showed up in late hot primarily. First I ever saw it was me playing it in high elo on Na and showed Eu friends.

mind you I’m not taking credit, but after this time the build appeared on meta battle and got a “great rating” and was considered the most defining build for Eu in general at the time.

the build fell after pof release to “good” but once scourge was nerfed it got good again- I remember becuz I solo qd to legend on it.

holts decided to start streaming because he mains reaper and reaper was finally good- he did not make in the build in any way shape or form , in fact the opposite

And ofc when pro teams pick up the new meta builds they sometimes alter it.

they don’t always make it better though and ranger is a good case of this- they purposely play the build in a way that makes it B teir in ranked, just because it’s the way they think works in ats- which only works that way cuz they play brain dead bunkers

I should probably clarify, that the wells build made sense prior to onslaught changes way back when Onslaught granted a unique attack speed modifier.

But ya i think u get the point of my post, and i also see what you mean in yours. It's hard to even keep track of who created which build and when mostly because there's poor documentation of it. But I have little doubt that theory crafters are usually the first ones to make builds, and it's followed by the ESL leaguer's changing those builds for high elo play...for better or for worse i suppose

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

If I’m not mistaken the template u had made was the zerk short bow renegade?

thats a significant time later.

Didn't post it day 1 but I had it up and ready, going just like the current Core Rev that's slowly getting attention. Several friends have told me people are starting to complain about Jalis being broken now. (Taunt is Jank, not the skill or legend.)

I wouldn't have posted it if it was already there either because what's the point, curators did repurpose the page in favor of that passive build duo renegades on mat because it was much easier to play than zerk, sustain was freely given for camping hammers while damage carried the lack of investment in actions to take, it's still a good thing that they killed most of it because tbh zerk is where it's at as high risk and high reward. Sustain is still comparable, just harder to keep up with more decisions. (Like the Core Rev build I'm pushing.)

Anyway, you can see all that stuff with the post history. Just thought of mentioning it, I know Exalted started playing it a few weeks after, but it took waaay longer than I had started investing my time into it before leaving back into Core. It was a fun experiment, still from time to time, there's a lot of projectile hate now and I think it's overrated. Can be played around quite often, esp with how greedy people get with their skills.

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

Didn't post it day 1 but I had it up and ready, going just like the current Core Rev that's slowly getting attention. Several friends have told me people are starting to complain about Jalis being broken now. (Taunt is Jank, not the skill or legend.)

I wouldn't have posted it if it was already there either because what's the point, curators did repurpose the page in favor of that passive build duo renegades on mat because it was much easier to play than zerk, sustain was freely given for camping hammers while damage carried the lack of investment in actions to take, it's still a good thing that they killed most of it because tbh zerk is where it's at as high risk and high reward. Sustain is still comparable, just harder to keep up with more decisions. (Like the Core Rev build I'm pushing.)

Anyway, you can see all that stuff with the post history. Just thought of mentioning it, I know Exalted started playing it a few weeks after, but it took waaay longer than I had started investing my time into it before leaving back into Core. It was a fun experiment, still from time to time, there's a lot of projectile hate now and I think it's overrated. Can be played around quite often, esp with how greedy people get with their skills.

I’m confused- you seem to be talking about the zerk shortbow build.

im referring to right after the February patches 1st mat where exalted brought bunker ren and almost won and they also went to mota with this.

core is really good, it’s been popular on Eu for a hot minute for some reason ppl aren’t picking it up.

11 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I’m confused- you seem to be talking about the zerk shortbow build.

im referring to right after the February patches 1st mat where exalted brought bunker ren and almost won and they also went to mota with this.

core is really good, it’s been popular on Eu for a hot minute for some reason ppl aren’t picking it up.

Oh that build, nvm. I did mess around with Kalla/Jalis Diviner for a bit before the patch but didn't capitalize on it like I was with zerk or core nope. Shoulda mentioned bunker, at the time I was more focused on S/S Renegade, Andallized did have his fair share with it as well.

I can see the build work but when I saw Exalted put it to work somewhat later, rarely seen him. Doesn't seem to have worked as well for him, can't recall when they nerfed the heal from the top of my head but it's really trash atm.

Edited by Shao.7236

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/19/2021 at 11:08 PM, Ellywan.9273 said:

Rangers are using it on PvP and the Drake lighting breath did 12,5k dmg and his Tail Swipe did 8,5k !!! which is an automatic ability that hits when the pets engage combat, how are you supose to hold all that dmg from a pet hahahaa 

Don't ask me which skill it was cause I got no idea, but I got 18.000 damage from a single tempest skill in pvp. Everybody knows that elementalists and thieves should be greatly nerfed.

Haven't tested the Drake in PvP yet, but I'll give it a shot. It's great in pve though.

(Elementalists and thieves who enjoy being ridiculously overpowered against other players are excluded from the “everybody” of course)

Edited by recipesw.7453
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, recipesw.7453 said:

Don't ask me which skill it was cause I got no idea, but I got 18.000 from a single tempest skill in pvp. Everybody knows that elementalists and thieves should be greatly nerfed.

Haven't tested the Drake in PvP yet, but I'll give it a shot. It's great in pve though.

Going to fetch popcorn 🍿

On 6/20/2021 at 12:01 AM, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I went up to a golem and did the full combo and lightning breath did 3.7k

It bounces. Numbers given by OP are to the very high end of what that skill does, but try using lightning breath against someone being ressed (or anyone with NPCs, for that matter, it tears mesmers apart) and you'll see those numbers.

23 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

It bounces. Numbers given by OP are to the very high end of what that skill does, but try using lightning breath against someone being ressed (or anyone with NPCs, for that matter, it tears mesmers apart) and you'll see those numbers.

bro....  that post is from 2021....