What would you like to see as elite spec? - End of Dragons

SeTect.5918

The question is not meant to be what you think ele will get. It is meant to be what you would like to get. 

Personally i hope for better self boons with better sustain on the elite spec. Which will be usable with both condi and power. 

Reasons are that the sustain and barrier of weaver is enough for me to solo the balthasar hp in auric basin or mushroom queen in TD. But the reloading durations on some skills are too much. Like the 50 second cooldown of weaver barrier utility skill. That makes it hard to solo bosses with more health. Of course weaver has good sustain. But it doesnt hold long enough bacause of the extremely high reloading duration. 

Thats my wish. Obv some of you will disagree and have other wishes. It is just my opinion that ele has a good dps spec, a healing spec and it needs a better sustain spec. 

Tbh i dont care which weapon it would get. I just hope we get a good elite spec. -that will not get nerfed into dust over the years. 

What would you like to see?

How about an off the wall suggestion a "samurai" ele who uses Sashimono or banners to give out buff and debuff base off of ele 4 atument and the 5th being an arcain. GS wepon that works like a staff but only at 300 to 600 ranged or a Long bow with 900 to 1200 range.

Edited by Jski.6180

13 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

How about an off the wall suggestion a "samurai" ele who uses Sashimono or banners to give out buff and debuff base off of ele 4 atument and the 5th being an arcain. GS wepon that works like a staff but only at 300 to 600 ranged or a Long bow with 900 to 1200 range.

basic idea i like buuuut dont give ele a f5. Anet hates difficult rotations (i guess bc they always r far worse than easy rotation classes, they want new players to play an easy class to enjoy the game i guess) and this will just open the way for more nerfs 😄 

I would also more like to see a weapon that we dont have already as summon. I dont know, it would seem boring to me then, not if the playstyle is totally different obv.
If you mean the buff to allies i would like it because ele is so selfish except tempest. First i wanted to say that the boons r selfish lol but then i remembered that ele has close to none xD. I d like to see far more boons on new elite spec because people r crying for years that ele needs more boons and anet straight up ignoring and keeping the nerfs.

It could also be that they nerfed ele so hard because ele will get op boons on new elite spec....but i dont think so tbh. Hope is gone for balance already. If ele gets nice boons the hope is there again but i would like more to see boons on core than tons of boons on 1 elite spec.

4 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

basic idea i like buuuut dont give ele a f5. Anet hates difficult rotations (i guess bc they always r far worse than easy rotation classes, they want new players to play an easy class to enjoy the game i guess) and this will just open the way for more nerfs 😄 

I would also more like to see a weapon that we dont have already as summon. I dont know, it would seem boring to me then, not if the playstyle is totally different obv.
If you mean the buff to allies i would like it because ele is so selfish except tempest. First i wanted to say that the boons r selfish lol but then i remembered that ele has close to none xD. I d like to see far more boons on new elite spec because people r crying for years that ele needs more boons and anet straight up ignoring and keeping the nerfs.

It could also be that they nerfed ele so hard because ele will get op boons on new elite spec....but i dont think so tbh. Hope is gone for balance already. If ele gets nice boons the hope is there again but i would like more to see boons on core than tons of boons on 1 elite spec.

No F5 effect and no real different between this elite spec an core other then the banners. As simple as can be.

I realty want to see a condi axe base ele with lost of boon control and a bit complex ammo system base off of your atument that only gets reloaded when you swap but at this point i think its too complex for them to program. I lost all faith in anet and think some how there going to be no new elite spec in the coming expansion at this point (i know there will be one for sure or there game would just die out right but my views on anet is such that i do not truth them to do any thing).

2 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

No F5 effect and no real different between this elite spec an core other then the banners. As simple as can be.

I realty want to see a condi axe base ele with lost of boon control and a bit complex ammo system base off of your atument that only gets reloaded when you swap but at this point i think its too complex for them to program. I lost all faith in anet and think some how there going to be no new elite spec in the coming expansion at this point (i know there will be one for sure or there game would just die out right but my views on anet is such that i do not truth them to do any thing).

ah i just didnt get it,

yea ik what u mean, balance is broken too atm. Lost my hope there.
Op classes get more op and bad ones get nerfs 😄

• Sad 1

Few ideas:

* Something that adds decent medium range options to elementalist

* Something that lets use switch weapon in some way

* Something that builds on the commitment aspect of changing elements. Playing weaver where you can switch every few seconds or faster with Weave Self I don't have the same level of "I'm locked into this element" like I did with the base weaver

Id like to see an Elite Spec Built around ONLY using 2 ELEMENTS at a time. 

Utilizing a system similar to the Revenant 2-legend system.
-F1 would swap between both pre-selected attunements, Changing the skills available based on your attunement and current weapon set. SLOTTED ELEMENTS CAN ONLY BE CHANGED OUTSIDE COMBAT the same as revenant legends can(though in general you'd focus on the two elements that your gear/traits worked best with)

Limited attunement access would allow ele to WEAPON SWAP IN COMBAT to maintain their standard pool of 20 available weapon skills. This dramatic change to potential combinations of existing weapon skills would add  new flavor to the ele by emphasizing DYNAMIC CHANGE TO ATTACK RANGE when weapon swapping, and LEAN HEAVILY INTO THE THEMES OF EACH ELEMENT. 
--
More potent Power and Condi builds from Fire Magic

--More Healing and Snares from Water Magic
--More Control, Mobility, and Power Damage from Air Magic

-- More Bleeding, Soft CC(Blind, Cripple, Immob), and Defensive utility from Earth Magic

--Greater access to Combo fields with the most build synergy

the rest are just ideas, the core mechanics above are what i really want to see in the new Espec.
WEAPON-Main hand PISTOL

--600 range Mid-Short range, 3 Hit- Auto attack Chain, rather than firing munitions the ele would channel the elements through the pistol, allowing for a wide variety of spells and effects.  Example spell types:

--Bursts of Fire in a wide cone, Napalm like Lava bombs with combo fields

--Water Bombs with 'Spash' healing/damage application or icy bullets to interrupt and chill

--Focused high powered multi-hit Lightning strike, Air Bursts for AoE Launch or KB CC, Intense lightning muzzle flash to blind/stun

--Rapid Fire Stone/Obsidian shards to damage/bleed, Mud shot to slow/cripple foes

Possible Pistol Trait could add Piercing or 100% finisher chance to projectile attacks when target is suffering element-specific condition

UTILITY: PREPARATIONS

a relatively new utility type currently only used by Thieves, preparations can provide the ambush feel of Trap skills and/or the AoE benefits and utility of Wells/Concecrations and provide a flavor similar to the gw1 Ward skills the Elementalists of Tyria seems to have forgotten.

For non-thief players unfamiliar to  with the skill type;  Preparations are placed your current location when activated and after a couple seconds are armed and ready for activation. Activating an armed preparation applies an AoE effect to the initial location. 

--Heal/Stun Break: Hot Spring--Raises a Geyser that pulses healing to allies and cleanses all movement impairing conditions and 1 additional- Large Cooldown, best suited for group play

--Utility 1) Blizzard--Initial AoE damage, pulses Revealed on Chilled Foes. Final Pulse applies Chill

--Utility 2) Searing Heat--Pulsing AoE damage, More Dmg vs Burning foes, apply burning on FINAL pulse

--Utility 3) Invoke Lightning-- Call down a single devestating lightning strike, heavy AoE damage to enemies in the area, applies Weakness and 15x vulnerability, foes who are already Weakened are knocked down

--Utility 4) Earthen Shackles--Immobilize enemies in the area, Copy the boons of effected foes(with the new boon duration limits this doesn't seam unreasonable and it does provide more counterplay for boon removal/corruption builds.

--Elite: Ward Against Harm--Pulsing Stability + Protection + Resolutionon allies. Destroys Projectiles and pulses Blind to enemies

While some of these utilities may seem overpowered at first glance it's important to remember that Preparations require an Arming time before they can be activated, Preparations are FIXED in a predetermined location, cooldowns can be used to balance quite effectively. to make the best of these utilities an Players will need to pay very close attention to their positioning while also juggling large, often complicated skill rotations. Balance can also be split for pve/pvp/wvw. 

Thanks to those of you who made it to the bottom of this. Specialization name and Trait suggestions would be appreciated. best i can come up with is Weathersmith. Or Forecast

Edited by Nin.9853
  • Like 2

Longbow for a nice ranged playstyle. 

A F5 which stores arcane energy over our combat which allows us to create a arcanic Greatsword and spend our arcane energy in burst abilities. 

With standard 4 attunements. I can't see Anet not having this way. It'd make half our Traitlines useless and ontop of that. Eles balanced around having 4 which means it'd be a dead specc on arrival 🤣

• Confused 2

"What they lack in physical toughness, they make up for in versatility and the ability to inflict massive damage" is the elementalist description.

A spec that actually uses water magic for damage to make Piercing Shards twice as good, similar to underwater would be favorable. Since Piercing Shards is split between game modes in effectiveness it would keep things in check as the damage bonus would be 20% in PvE and 10% elsewhere. See Conjure Frost Bow skills other than auto (was rather popular in earlier times instead of lightning hammer) or scepter auto currently which is okay unlike sword/dagger/staff which all have low coefficients around 0.3. I want to be able to use water+air for DPS but with control/CC aspects such as chill+slow+vuln+blind+weakness , make it possible 😛

Think more along skills similar to Katabatic Wind with effects split in half but with more damage, Shearing Edge, Monsoon but with damage.

It is readily apparent fire is burning/condi as scepter is unplayable on fire attunement if you ever need to autoattack. Leave fire+earth as the condi oriented attunements with might/burning + prot/bleeding respectively.

example:

• water Auto = vulnerability with 0.6 to 0.8 coefficient depending on range , 130 or 180 radius ... no healing --- see Vapor Blade ; with removal of retal double strike would be a semi-counter to aegis
  • water 2 skill = AoE damage with higher coefficient than 1.2 (2.0+ in PvE) , not delayed but channeled without root (opens counterplay) --- see Phase Smash on rev
  • water 3 skill = short slow condition application with chill , kiting skill with AoE regen , not heal --- the slow acts partly as a counter to fast condition to boon conversion and regen can proc Cleansing Water
  • water 4 skill (if 2 hand weapon) = water field that always removes burning + poison --- see Cleansing Wave / Healing Rain
  • water 5 skill (if 2 hand weapon) = CC/interrupt skill with 180 radius , blast finisher  --- see Comet / Tidal Surge /  Undercurrent , also see Drop the Hammer on rev

• air auto = more damage to 1 target if vulnerability is active
  • air 2 skill = moderate damage and blind application similar to lightning surge on staff (control aspect) , applies revealed
  • air 3 = large damage to target (description for air magic) with 1.5+ (2.5+ in PvE) coefficient + weakness
  • air 4 skill (if  2 hand weapon) = PBAOE swiftness + knockdown (kiting skill) , removes slow  --- triggers Elemental lockdown and Lightning Rod  (name = Whirlwind?)
  • air 5 skill = self fury (to act as prep for a spike in competitive), 180 radius AoE daze or float on target --- synergy with Stormsoul

earth attunement should have some sort of immob/cripple plus bleeding , removal of bleeding and application of protection , resistance, and resolution : on this spec it should function as the support and defensive element

fire attunement should have a condi clear for chill and weakness (the opposite of might) and focus on burning on attacks as well as self generation of stacks of might.

Bring back
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Conjure_Frost

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ice_Spear  --- anyone that played GW1 remembers ice imps spamming this? the "exhaustion" that turned into overcast can simply be if your skills or attunements are recharging. (damage was ~ 13% of health)
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rust  --- the soft counter to resurrection signet , damage ~ 15% of health
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Maelstrom --- damage 5% of health per second for 10 seconds, with interrupts per tick
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mirror_of_Ice --- damage ~ 15% of health
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shard_Storm --- iconic spike assist skill with short chill and damage ~17% of healtg

Frozen burst in GW2 doesn't do the original version justice , neither does Freezing Gust ,Deep Freeze, nor Vapor Blade , plus water trident was an extremely annoying skill that knocked people down whereas in GW2 it just heals with poor damage. In GW GvG, air+water was typically the most common combination due to fire being slow. You had invoke lightning spike, chain lightning spike, lightning orb, etc. Water magic acted to CC and for kiting.

Weapon:
Axe (heavily used so not good for economy), mace, pistol (don't want a mesmer copy), shield , torch, greatsword, hammer, longbow (overused), and rifle (this would be odd) are the weapons missing other than shortbow which is basically used on revenant.

Utilities:
* focused damage utilities that only depend on proper usage (Arcane Blast) and not small buff windows (EoR , weave self)

* a stunbreak that can be used without a large damage loss similar to arcane shield, glyph of elemental power or signet of air but has moderate damage and a kiting enabler (chill/immob/cripple) --- see Fragments of Faith on DH , Mirror Images on power mesmers (it offers them more shatter damage), Necrotic Transversal on flesh wurm using necros, Trail of anguish on scourges, "You are all weaklings" on reaper, or Bandit's Defense on thief
* a decent recharge skill that generates some short duration might for party members and self quickness to set up a damage spike (in PVE for exposed frame and in competitive to generate downed targets) --- the quickness uptime should be on par with Elixir U (6/40 base = 15%), Frenzy (6/40 = 15%), Quickening Zephyr (6/45 = 13%).

Traits ideas:
* Chill you apply slows target
* chill does damage
* Weakness you apply knocks down

* Chill applies torment or more damage to nonmoving targets , there currently is a trait that amplifies damage on CC-ed targets but not one that punishes stationary ones
* self-applied short duration quickness swapping to air attunement

PvE framework: heavy CC, high focused damage and spike in "exposed" frames
WvW/PvP framework: heavy CC, control of mobility (see GW1 GvG) and spike

Summary:
Think about what has been iconic throughout the history of the game , meteor + CoR on rev. All those are damage skills.

(Will add more as I think of it)

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I think elementalist next e-spec will just be able to use weapon swap while in combat on the next e-spec. Maybe as limitation they will be restricted to 1 attunment (selectable out of combat) per weapon.

i woul;dnt change changable out of combat only, it'd significantly hinder ele due to it being balanced on the fact it has multiple attunements.

Maybe give Weapon Swap.. Base arcane abilities. with the ability to use Attunements on like CDs

So each attunement Lasts 15 seconds... and has a CD of 40 seconds. So u rotate around Bursts of Elements.. with a Sustain of Arcane DPS.

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

"What they lack in physical toughness, they make up for in versatility and the ability to inflict massive damage" is the elementalist description.

A spec that actually uses water magic for damage to make Piercing Shards twice as good, similar to underwater would be favorable. Since Piercing Shards is split between game modes in effectiveness it would keep things in check as the damage bonus would be 20% in PvE and 10% elsewhere. See Conjure Frost Bow skills other than auto (was rather popular in earlier times instead of lightning hammer) or scepter auto currently which is okay unlike sword/dagger/staff which all have low coefficients around 0.3. I want to be able to use water+air for DPS but with control/CC aspects such as chill+slow+vuln+blind+weakness , make it possible 😛

Think more along skills similar to Katabatic Wind with effects split in half but with more damage, Shearing Edge, Monsoon but with damage.

It is readily apparent fire is burning/condi as scepter is unplayable on fire attunement if you ever need to autoattack. Leave fire+earth as the condi oriented attunements with might/burning + prot/bleeding respectively.

example:

• water Auto = vulnerability with 0.6 to 0.8 coefficient depending on range , 130 or 180 radius ... no healing --- see Vapor Blade ; with removal of retal double strike would be a semi-counter to aegis
  • water 2 skill = AoE damage with higher coefficient than 1.2 (2.0+ in PvE) , not delayed but channeled without root (opens counterplay) --- see Phase Smash on rev
  • water 3 skill = short slow condition application with chill , kiting skill with AoE regen , not heal --- the slow acts partly as a counter to fast condition to boon conversion and regen can proc Cleansing Water
  • water 4 skill (if 2 hand weapon) = water field that always removes burning + poison --- see Cleansing Wave / Healing Rain
  • water 5 skill (if 2 hand weapon) = CC/interrupt skill with 180 radius , blast finisher  --- see Comet / Tidal Surge /  Undercurrent , also see Drop the Hammer on rev

• air auto = more damage to 1 target if vulnerability is active
  • air 2 skill = moderate damage and blind application similar to lightning surge on staff (control aspect) , applies revealed
  • air 3 = large damage to target (description for air magic) with 1.5+ (2.5+ in PvE) coefficient + weakness
  • air 4 skill (if  2 hand weapon) = PBAOE swiftness + knockdown (kiting skill) , removes slow  --- triggers Elemental lockdown and Lightning Rod  (name = Whirlwind?)
  • air 5 skill = self fury (to act as prep for a spike in competitive), 180 radius AoE daze or float on target --- synergy with Stormsoul

earth attunement should have some sort of immob/cripple plus bleeding , removal of bleeding and application of protection , resistance, and resolution : on this spec it should function as the support and defensive element

fire attunement should have a condi clear for chill and weakness (the opposite of might) and focus on burning on attacks as well as self generation of stacks of might.

Bring back
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Conjure_Frost

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ice_Spear  --- anyone that played GW1 remembers ice imps spamming this? the "exhaustion" that turned into overcast can simply be if your skills or attunements are recharging. (damage was ~ 13% of health)
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rust  --- the soft counter to resurrection signet , damage ~ 15% of health
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Maelstrom --- damage 5% of health per second for 10 seconds, with interrupts per tick
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mirror_of_Ice --- damage ~ 15% of health
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shard_Storm --- iconic spike assist skill with short chill and damage ~17% of healtg

Frozen burst in GW2 doesn't do the original version justice , neither does Freezing Gust ,Deep Freeze, nor Vapor Blade , plus water trident was an extremely annoying skill that knocked people down whereas in GW2 it just heals with poor damage. In GW GvG, air+water was typically the most common combination due to fire being slow. You had invoke lightning spike, chain lightning spike, lightning orb, etc. Water magic acted to CC and for kiting.

Weapon:
Axe (heavily used so not good for economy), mace, pistol (don't want a mesmer copy), shield , torch, greatsword, hammer, longbow (overused), and rifle (this would be odd) are the weapons missing other than shortbow which is basically used on revenant.

Utilities:
* focused damage utilities that only depend on proper usage (Arcane Blast) and not small buff windows (EoR , weave self)

* a stunbreak that can be used without a large damage loss similar to arcane shield, glyph of elemental power or signet of air but has moderate damage and a kiting enabler (chill/immob/cripple) --- see Fragments of Faith on DH , Mirror Images on power mesmers (it offers them more shatter damage), Necrotic Transversal on flesh wurm using necros, Trail of anguish on scourges, "You are all weaklings" on reaper, or Bandit's Defense on thief
* a decent recharge skill that generates some short duration might for party members and self quickness to set up a damage spike (in PVE for exposed frame and in competitive to generate downed targets) --- the quickness uptime should be on par with Elixir U (6/40 base = 15%), Frenzy (6/40 = 15%), Quickening Zephyr (6/45 = 13%).

Traits ideas:
* Chill you apply slows target
* chill does damage
* Weakness you apply knocks down

* Chill applies torment or more damage to nonmoving targets , there currently is a trait that amplifies damage on CC-ed targets but not one that punishes stationary ones
* self-applied short duration quickness swapping to air attunement

PvE framework: heavy CC, high focused damage and spike in "exposed" frames
WvW/PvP framework: heavy CC, control of mobility (see GW1 GvG) and spike

Summary:
Think about what has been iconic throughout the history of the game , meteor + CoR on rev. All those are damage skills.

(Will add more as I think of it)

1st thing: really well ideas. But some things i got to add. 

The "chill deals damage" is the exact text of reaper trait if i think right. It inflicts bleeding then.

Just not sure what you mean. You mean something like the fear damage trait of necro or the chill inflicts also bleeding like the trait of reaper. And will it get increases by condi or power damage if its like the fear trait? Not sure if its right but i guess with the fear trait its increased by condi dmg atm?

Nice idea tho. Both would be cool.

Something to add to the conditions of fire and earth:

I would like to see high condition duration for bleed and burn but for low stacks. If the attunements will get cooldowns of like 10 seconds. 

This would avoid doing too high bursts with burning but makes the dmg constant. It also would give a different flavour since most burn skills do like 2-5 burn stacks for 4-8 seconds (with full condi duration). 

I just wanted to add this. 

And nice ideas again!

Edited by SeTect.5918

It could be chill does damage ticks directly to make water attunement power builds viable. Reaper trait used to do damage and not bleeding.
If you look at old videos of GW1, the flag elementalist was a staple build and pivotal to winning GvG. Elementalist wasn't that strong in PVE at the near end of GW1, mostly people were running ritualist (which is essentially revenant now no surprise) , mesmer (again no surprise), necromancer (again no surprise) with Spiteful Spirit and such.

One major PVP comp early on in GvG was one air ele for spike and knock down, one water ele for snares, one earth ele for protection/ward. Even in 2021 if you pay attention to GW1 PVP people run air elementalist for the knockdowns and CC which is relevant no matter what damage output it is capable of. Keep in mind air magic skills often had armor penetration which means ~40% damage bonus against targets with high armor rating. A GW2 equivalent would be damaging someone's health even if they have 10K barrier.

As far as fire attunement goes, there were skills that did high damage with a cast time to keep them in check. We're talking about skills that did 1/4 or so of someone's max health whether instantly or over 5 seconds. Firestorm in GW did roughly 3/4 of someone's health if someone stood in it for 10 seconds. Some iconic skills included Searing Flames (burning DoT) , Incendiary Bonds (burning), and Rodgort's Invocation. Fire based Elementalists should be seen as a huge damage threat that must be dealt with, especially because there's no secondary profession here.

Examples from GW1:

Spoiler

One of the major skills used in GvG was extinguish on E/Mo (elementalist monk), which cleansed and healed if players suffered burning. The other main use was Heal Party, essentially a group heal with a large radius on Elementalist main with Monk secondary profession. Elementalist fulfilled a midline role in that sense providing spike support in small damage windows to capitalize on frontline sustained damage to secure kills.

Anyway, I just want to see DAMAGE and actual CC. Why is the damage class being out damaged by support classes , it's like a repeat of GW1? 😆

If people dislike ranged condition spam on other classes then elementalists with projectile denial , short duration chill to soft CC, CC, and condi clear should be a factor against that.

Edited by Infusion.7149

I would like more weapon to attunement customization. Like i would want fire and air to be using scepter/dagger, while having water and earth attunements to be using staff. That may not work out to well for weaver because of the mixed magics, but with core and tempest or make it a new kind of elite spec be really fun for ele and make it a more versatile class.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
Spelling

Anything with as less attunement lockout as possible, so you can react to things instantly and actually take advantage of the ele's range of skills (unlike weaver, that has to wait 4~3sec to access half of it's weapon skills, and tempest, that locks you out of a attumenet for a longer cooldown to gain value out of it). Similar to core, but maybe with access to alac or something  to allow burst swap.

I think pistol probably fits the best, but I wouldn't mind rifle/bows. Just, PLEASE, a ranged one.

• Like 1

I would like an elite spec that adds an arcane attunement.

Instead of your usual attunement cooldown related trade-offs, you would be giving up an attunement of your choice and replacing it with the arcane attunement. A system similar to revenants changing legends out of combat can be used for this.

The arcane attunement would function as both an attunement and a shroud-like effect. Just like a shroud effect it would have a resource, have 5 abilities that are not tied to your weapons, and also change your appearance. Just like attunements, it would have a 10 second cooldown, and it would be affected by traits that enhance attunements. For example elemental enchantment would reduce the attunement cd, and elemental attunement would grant a boon when swapping into arcane attunement (probably alacrity).

This would be focused on ranged power damage that always crits, like arcane utility skills. It would also have some boon capabilities, like any proper dps class these days. Alacrity would be a big theme due to the connection of arcane with the cooldown reduction of attunements. 

You could use it with ranged weapons for a fully ranged build, or even just run something like d/d with it. The D/D variants having both close and long range options in a single build, since dagger skills are fairly in your face and arcane attunement skills are always ranged.

Basically, I see such a mechanic helping give elementalist the flexibility that it has needed for a while. Now you have build and attunement options for many different paths. You can have multiple ranges, grant boons, build a bit more defensive while losing less damage than before, and you can even swap attunements with no additional cooldown restrictions like you can with core.

Since they've already made a ranger class in which you can choose to not use your pet, I feel it is time for ele to get the same: To not use so many attunements and fast swaps.

They've already made weaver, which is incredibly intrincate, this time I'd like to see an ele spec with two "binary" attunements and make them swappable with weapon swap with a greatly reduced cooldown to compensate, I'm thinking zero cooldown to be honest. Make new mechanic akin to warrior's adrenaline in which, over time, you stack an effect of each element, and then unleash a big, "critical mass" dual attack depending on the elements, with your F1 key. Stacks start to decay if you stay in the opposite element for too long, so have to constantly swap attunements.

Like: Greatsword with fire/earth.
Attack in earth and gain 15 earth stacks
Swap to fire and attack to gain another 15 fire stacks
F1 skill becomes available after 15 and 15 stacks: Big AoE cleave attack that burns and bleeds a lot. Think of the ele stabbing the greatsword in the ground and a big storm of fire and jagged stone gets created.

Then stacks get consumed and repeat.

Edited by Knuckle Joe.7408

On 6/22/2021 at 6:47 AM, SeTect.5918 said:

What would you like to see?

Interesting question.

While I don't love necro's shroud - primarily because it's essentially another weapon cooldown and I hate those - the only obvious thing GW2 eles don't have which we know from existing fantasy games, is an elemental transform

If eles got an elemental transform but not on cooldowns, like Engineer kits, that would appeal to me. Though it would eg. make sense to disable attunement swap while transformed.

While some might argue that 4 elements x 5 weapon slots = 20 new abilities and that'd be a lot to develop, forms wouldn't necessarily require new ones. You could allow players to choose any ability from any weapon for their current attunement, with the only limit being that 1 = a cooldown free basic from the 1 position on a weapon.

Slight twist, if ANet wanted to do something slightly more original but in a similar vein, rather than magical elemental forms they could be Asura elemental golems and appropriately technical in appearance.

Twist-squared, just as elementalists can summon elemental weapons for other players, maybe their golem forms could be piloted by other players, like this:

1. Allow elementalists to choose who controls movement - them or their passenger / pilot. Or allow either to control movement and leave it to players to choose which of them will actually do it.
  2. Have multiple control systems, eg. offense and defence / repair or close and long range etc. etc. which can again be assigned to either elementalist or passenger / pilot, by the elementalist.

Possibly this is not my most original idea and there might be some precedent for it already in GW2.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_Power_Suit

On 6/23/2021 at 2:00 AM, Jski.6180 said:

Samurai would obviously make sense for Cantha, but Weaver already got the sword and samurai are very sword'ey.

That said, Kalla was a sword-wielder and her legend for Revenants got a shortbow. So ANet could do a samurai spec with some other weapon.

Of course ANet can't discreetly edit that weapon onto all samurai backs outside of the game...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Statue_of_Kalla_Scorchrazor

"The statue was updated to include a shortbow on Kalla's back at some point."

Weapon swap with 2 attunements per weapon sounds very fun. Attunements should def get like a 12s cd though.

While i like the idea of longbow, being locked out of melee options will make it bad in pvp. Running longbow and then being able to swap to d/d sounds amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to say  what I'd like but it turns out the post right above mine already laid it down.

- 2 attunements

- weapon swap

- longbow

In addition, I'd say having the traitlines make you choose between which elements to fuse to form those two attunements you get (basically the elements of weaver's third weapon skills)