Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Can you please give me this class for pvp?


Recommended Posts

Dang they bring condi...I need condi clear...

Dang they got power damage, I need armor and protection....

The move around alot, I need CC...

I can't risk having low health in today's game....

I need to be able to do a lot of damage if I am to be worth somthing....

I need good healing because my heal skill isnt that great....

I don't want to be slow, I need mobility....

I might take too much pressure, so perhaps an invuln...

My invuln might be on cooldown, so perhaps a little stealth too....

My damage is only okay, so I need quickness and also a way to stack might up really quick...

I may have a trait that gives me extra endurance boost, but I need perma vigor...

What if I need blocks, what if I need to stun, what if I need passive blinds and damage adds?...

What if my foe goes into stealth....?

What if my enemy is projectile based, should hafve some reflect too

I need a way to reduce the  cooldown to my elite, and my elite should be better than the elite it ripsoff, because it is RNG...its only fair....

In case they try to slow me down, I need to have superspeed, so no matter what I still move at the max UPS....

 

 

If you applied the same other classes, we might have 2 engis in the game

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tycura.1982 said:

Do war

I'm a class that is successful in all game modes according to the devs.

If I argue that, someone says "in the right hands" I can be deadly, when a necro is deadly in the right "feet".

The class above is faster, hits harder, and is tougher than me, but im the warrior?

....

now time to rhyme....

 

My resistance is useless, and nothing was given back....Im susceptible to all condi attack.

I like to fight other wars, possible a rev, but the only way I can play is with an alcoholic bev.

Side node? Nope that spot is taken....

Support? Who me? No, you must be mistaken.

8 classes counter me in one way or another.

When my team mates don't recognize my name

I afk, and call my mother....

 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Go with what you find fun.

 

scrapper with flamethrower and rocket boots and or holo with rifle and nades looks Like a lot of fun.


Rev looks alright from what i've seenm but i dunno. From what i've seen from sword/sword herald, in power you can throw torment out and i think facet of life is it? throws out condis too.

 

Nec with reaper is tons of fun to go in and just destroy peeps.

Edited by Axl.8924
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was actually kind of curious about it, so I decided to see if I could create a build that actually manages to meet all 17 criteria.

It was possible to do all of them, here it is: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lFwsYXsRmKe+SarVA-zZwOj8VAZMB0zA

 

A lot of the trait decisions are sort of dumb, but that's because I wasn't trying to maximise it for what made sense, I was maximising it for the 17 criteria provided. This is why it uses the Tools traitline, and why it uses ABD in Inventions, even though there are far better options.

 

I've not tested the build myself, but please, let me know if this super powerful build actually works in ranked PvP.

Or if it's a bad build, based on a list of criteria that don't contribute much at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you misunderstand.

 

They may not be able to do it all at once, but they have the ability to counter everyone, no one is their hard counter with their options.

 

This is simply not the case for "most" other specializations.

 

But, regardless, a holo can bring a majority of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I think you misunderstand.

 

They may not be able to do it all at once, but they have the ability to counter everyone, no one is their hard counter with their options.

 

This is simply not the case for "most" other specializations.

 

But, regardless, a holo can bring a majority of that.

Am I really the one misunderstanding this? Because what you just said doesn't make sense.

 

Sure, engineer has the ability to counter every class, but if you don't build for countermeasures, you'll still have hard counters.

If an engineer doesn't take Elixir S, then they're very vulnerable to lockdown and high burst, and can be countered by FA ele, power DHs, etc.

If an engineer doesn't take Inventions and ACP, then they're incredibly vulnerable to condition bursts, and can be countered by condi rangers, fire weavers, condi necro, and condi thief.

If an engineer doesn't take shield, then they're incredibly vulnerable to projectile classes, and can be countered by rifle deadeye.

If an engineer does take alchemy and elixirs, then they're vulnerable to classes that have a lot of boon strip or corrupt, and can be countered by necro or (theoretically) spellbreaker.

 

Just because you have options of what to build for doesn't mean you never have any hard counters, that's ridiculous. What it does mean is that those counters are situational, based on what class you're fighting. Obviously the overall number balance of the game will affect what is powerful at any given time (which is why spellbreaker, which counters prot holo design-wise, isn't very effective at the minute).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThrakathNar.4537 said:

Am I really the one misunderstanding this? Because what you just said doesn't make sense.

 

Sure, engineer has the ability to counter every class, but if you don't build for countermeasures, you'll still have hard counters.

If an engineer doesn't take Elixir S, then they're very vulnerable to lockdown and high burst, and can be countered by FA ele, power DHs, etc.

If an engineer doesn't take Inventions and ACP, then they're incredibly vulnerable to condition bursts, and can be countered by condi rangers, fire weavers, condi necro, and condi thief.

If an engineer doesn't take shield, then they're incredibly vulnerable to projectile classes, and can be countered by rifle deadeye.

If an engineer does take alchemy and elixirs, then they're vulnerable to classes that have a lot of boon strip or corrupt, and can be countered by necro or (theoretically) spellbreaker.

 

Just because you have options of what to build for doesn't mean you never have any hard counters, that's ridiculous. What it does mean is that those counters are situational, based on what class you're fighting. Obviously the overall number balance of the game will affect what is powerful at any given time (which is why spellbreaker, which counters prot holo design-wise, isn't very effective at the minute).

 

 

What hard counters prot holo?

 

I'll play that.

 

Seems to me if you can hard counter that, what can really stand in your way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

What hard counters prot holo?

 

I'll play that.

 

Seems to me if you can hard counter that, what can really stand in your way.

Firstly, you did read my final sentence, right? Just checking.

 

Anyway, if you want to counter prot holo in ranked, it's just about as much how you play as what build you play. Prot has no invulns, no stability, and two stunbreaks, and as a result will die in a +1 if it doesn't kite, so a good option is rifle deadeye or mirage (in addition to any sidenoder of your team's choice). Reaper can also do pretty decently into prot, because of boon corrupt, chill, and hard CC. Core necro is also a pretty strong counter for the same reason. Also, if you can stomach it, decap warrior (you know, the one that stunlocks you to death) can be a pretty good meme response to a prot holo (again because no stab/invulns). Spellbreaker is a possibility, but it falls apart pretty quickly if they know what animations to dodge. Still a strong counter at lower ratings though. Depending on your rating as well, longbow power DH can also do pretty well against prot holo, but it really depends on how well they know how to mitigate your ToF.

 

Edit: Forgot to mention that LR ele also does pretty well against prot holo, and condi trapper ranger can land fairly decent bursts onto it (although it's most effective when you have someone else to blow the holo's stunbreaks for you).

 

 

 

 

Edited by ThrakathNar.4537
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...