For the love of thief. Nerf daredevil!

Myror.7521

Title said it.

Pls remove at least 1 dodge bar of this spec, that would end in less mobility and less evade spam. So it would end ub in a defence nerf but you could actually buff thiefs damage so you would made this class all in all more variable without killing the whole spec.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 13

Unhindered Combatant already has Exhaustion. The amount of dodges don't feel like a big deal. The range and utility UC has is strong though. I think you wouldn't solve your problem with that change, but you'd bring damage up and possibly make whatever build you're talking about overpowered. I also don't feel like Bound is overpowered with three dodges but your childish title calls for the whole spec to be nerfed. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

Title said it.

Pls remove at least 1 dodge bar of this spec, that would end in less mobility and less evade spam. So it would end ub in a defence nerf but you could actually buff thiefs damage so you would made this class all in all more variable without killing the whole spec.

Pls no, the dodges and endurance is whats making daredevil a unique spec. 

You did not even say why you want a nerf. 

But if you want a nerf, choose something else. Personally i deleted my thief so i dont play it anymore but i can 100% say that the dodges should stay same. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Pls no, the dodges and endurance is whats making daredevil a unique spec. 

You did not even say why you want a nerf. 

But if you want a nerf, choose something else. Personally i deleted my thief so i dont play it anymore but i can 100% say that the dodges should stay same. 

I don't think it should be deleted as such. 

But something should happen, daredevil is basically a must have in almost all content. And it kinda means whatever thief gets just gets outclassed by it. 

Thief's kit needs moving around a bit so daredevil isnt so dominate. Currently it's a concern if the next elite will even matter realistically comparitively 

Either they need to alter core thief and deadeye to make them more competitive with daredevil or maybe give thief as a whole 3 dodges and daredevils steal and maybe leave daredevil with the dodge effects.

Maybe both need to happen as it feels pretty boring with daredevil being the answer to everything. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

Title said it.

The title should read: "Delete daredevil."

Play one if it's so overpowered, breh.

God I wish players like op would just go play a different game,  devs don't need help from players like this, their ruining the game fast enough on their own. L2p pls and actually learn to counter builds and expect to not be able to have every tool needed on one build vs any class.

Daredevil is not op, u just suck, sry.

• Like 1

It was easier to punish thief with the old damage, now stuff like condi thieves cannot get burst down as easily. They are much more likely to survive the burst and win. Most of the time you get one setup before you die. Its not fun anymore fighting them.

Removing damage from CC also greatly benefited thieves. Meanwhile they kept the same blind/teleport/stealth spam.

I like playing my thief, and it should stay as it is. When the game changed so much is when I started noticing the imbalance.

Its not thief its everything else changing around it.

• Thanks 1

"Remove AT LEAST 1 dodge bar"

Telling wording. Lets remove a core part of the elite spec but maybe it even should have less dodges than any other class.

A class with such high damage shouldnt be as mobile. Oh wait two cDE builds dared to cross the 40k mark and got hammered hard and fast with a vengeance and now thief damage is normalized with all the other classes.

A class with such good support shouldnt be as mobile. Oh wait big fat lol

Lets just remove the mobility because then finally thief is an immobile sack who does nothing and the forums will be happy.

On 6/22/2021 at 10:22 PM, Pati.2438 said:

Title said it.

Have you tried going back to Wow? Because I think you should go back to WoW. bye bye

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Lots of people are talking about PvP here. I won't comment on that.

However cDD should not be doing more damage than cDE in PvE. cDD has a rotation that makes Scourge look challenging to play, does more damage, brings CC, can switch targets and brings utility. 

Given the limitations of cDE and pDE, both should be around 40k DPS (with allies) on the golem while cDD should be closer to 35k (with allies).

However, I don't think that balance would be achieved by removing dodges!

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Lucinellia.9247 said:

Lots of people are talking about PvP here. I won't comment on that.

However cDD should not be doing more damage than cDE in PvE. cDD has a rotation that makes Scourge look challenging to play, does more damage, brings CC, can switch targets and brings utility. 

Given the limitations of cDE and pDE, both should be around 40k DPS (with allies) on the golem while cDD should be closer to 35k (with allies).

However, I don't think that balance would be achieved by removing dodges!

it doesnt. in most situations.. Condi Daredevil only excels at very specific bosses... Condi Deadeye is still more effective. on Most Raid bosses and in Fractals realistically. and defintly wont Out DPS a Scourge in most raid situations.

and the only thing making Condi Deadeye somewhat risky is the fact the Repeater ability can be highly punishing if u teleport into something u shouldnt be. and while condi daredevil is easier and doesnt carry that punishment.. difficulty isnt somethign that should be considered when balancing.

at the end.. we're likely gonna be just waiitng for EoD Elites at this point.. which prolly will still leave Daredevil as the best DPS option. 😛

thief as a whole feels very unloved in PvE tbh.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

So seems like you all dont even read the whole text and only saw the "delete one dodge" thing here lmao. No i dont need to l2p cause i play at least thief too. Stupid thief mains always crying about they need more damage ..... but dont except that they first need a less evade spam nerf.

EDIT: Also no daredevils core mechanic isnt about 3 dodges it is more about the fact that you  actually could get a other dodge form to do soemthing good with it (running faster, dealing condition damage, or dealing power damage)

P.S. Okay so if you dont want this nerf except the low damage and dont cry about  it. THX!

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

@SeTect.5918 Nah you dont understand me here. I don't want to delete daredevil. I want to made them Balanced! All i said is get rid of its evade spam so there is window to at least BUFF CORE Thief in terms of power damage. Cause if you would buff it power wise actually you would made that e-spec complete broken. (in terms of ranked and i think also in terms of ATs)

(cause you would not be able to kill him (cause of evades blinds stealth) and he would just hit ya for like 8k out of nowhere)

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@SeTect.5918 Nah you dont understand me here. I don't want to delete daredevil. I want to made them Balanced! All i said is get rid of its evade spam so there is window to at least BUFF CORE Thief in terms of power damage. Cause if you would buff it power wise actually you would made that e-spec complete broken. (in terms of ranked and i think also in terms of ATs)

(cause you would not be able to kill him (cause of evades blinds stealth) and he would just hit ya for like 8k out of nowhere)

It's an extra evade, you can't "spam" those dodges and that's the signature feature of that elite. The range combined with the features of Unhindered Combatant might make it a little stronger than it should be but the extra dodge isn't a problem. I would adapt to losing one of those dodges since I use them sparingly anyway but then they had better bring their capabilities up to par. 

I don't get this mentality in the gw2 pvp community that for thief to have high burst its mobility needs reduced.

Thiefs high mobility is to counter balance it low base hp/armor. U need to use active ways to avoid damage vs tank it via dodges, teleports and stealth. Yes even a large majority of instances where a thief uses stealth its in a active manner such as creating smoke fields and then leaving thru such or clusters etc. Why are these any more advantageous or cheese compared to having multiple block, barriers, invulnerability at a press of a button all while maintaining 2 dodges of the Daredevils 3 and all while having higher base hp/armor values.

Thief idea of having high burst is to counter balance the fact it has poor sustained damage as its designed as a hit and run class. Thief needs to do its damage fast than leave, without high burst engagement is meaningless.

What is a hit and run class without a meaty hit? A run class. Even staff Daredevil had to use now non existent builds to perma dodge in sustained fights and its the thief brawler spec.

A lot of tines when players talk about nerfing thief they need to consider the roster its accompanied by and how it remains effective within that roster. 

Daredevil is far from op and could actually use some love in some areas as can most classes in this game currently.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

On 6/23/2021 at 9:26 PM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

God I wish players like op would just go play a different game,  devs don't need help from players like this, their ruining the game fast enough on their own. L2p pls and actually learn to counter builds and expect to not be able to have every tool needed on one build vs any class.

Daredevil is not op, u just suck, sry.

its not daredevil is not op, u just suck sry.

daredevil is literally the most broken spec right now in pvp.

if you ask bluri the most thief bias top player in the game seriously, he might even tell you that daredevil is op at this point.

while 90% of the mAT winners in both region think that daredevil is broken.

daredevil is not only the most op class in high end organized tournament, but also in ranked carry

last season NA finishes with 4 thief in top 10.

just because you suck with daredevil, doesnt mean daredevil suck

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

56 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

its not daredevil is not op, u just suck sry.

daredevil is literally the most broken spec right now in pvp.

if you ask bluri the most thief bias top player in the game seriously, he might even tell you that daredevil is op at this point.

while 90% of the mAT winners in both region think that daredevil is broken.

daredevil is not only the most op class in high end organized tournament, but also in ranked carry

last season NA finishes with 4 thief in top 10.

just because you suck with daredevil, doesnt mean daredevil suck

Lol man ur literally one of the forum whiners who main a class (warrior) who thief counters on some builds and think because u don't have a good match up against thief u literally litter these forums whining like a lil baby about how thief is so broken, sry but it is u who obviously needs to learn to play. Ud be such a better player if u spent even half the time actually learning ur class than what u spend on here whining about thief ud maybe not have such issues.

Why is it whether in conquest or wvw I have little trouble vs thieves on my warrior? Sure some get the better of me but I get the better of some as well, yet to u their so broken......

U should really spend time on other classes and learn their ins and outs before whining their op as u do, literally all u do haha thieves broken, its most broken class, it's a braindead easy class whaaa whaaa whaaaa cry cry cry lmao. Once u understand other classes and how they play u will have a better idea how to fight their more popular builds, but u also need to understand that some builds u will never have a good match up vs them as thats just the way it is in pvp games where u have counter builds or classes that are just innate counters to certain classes, but they have their counters to.

U play warrior, one of if not the weakest classes (balanced as the community would say) that happens to be countered by thief somewhat, not thief's fault maybe complain about warrior instead of trying to ruin other classes because u happen to pick a class not great vs it.

Lastly with all ur constant thief op whine posts why not go play a different mmo? This one's clearly not for u if u need to constantly whine about a class being so broken, especially when it's not lol. Literally everything I see ur name it's either complaining about warrior being weak or thief being broken, dont u get tired?

Or u can keep playing warrior, keep being countered by thief and spend more time in forums whining about thief instead of enjoying the game, and again if being here is more fun for u than gw2 isn't really providing u with much enjoyment is it?

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Thanks 2

@Psycoprophet.8107 Wait did you say he play warrior while He got a thief picture on his acc? I mean you right thief should counter warrior and no i dont cry about that BUT you should at least be able to catch a thief and punish him. Actually you couldnt..... even if you cc a thief on warrior He will ezily survive. Why? Well csuse of blinds ports steal! He also get steal a Elite skill (if you User it) and short bow 5 to punish a block skill cause all those skills are unblockable. So warrior get nerfed cause of full counter whst is a e-spec mechanic and unblockable 8 sec cd skill (at least besides shield block 5 and endurepain also the only defence, while 2 out of 3 could get ezily unterrupted). So thief actually is on the same state as spellbraker unnerfed in things like full counter and cc damage. But hell yea thief is fine spellbraker is not only cause full counter is onbviosly tell and thiefs skills doesnt. 

P.S.why should they nerf daredevil in mobility? Well simply not cause they hard counter a class but cause if you push core thief , daredevil will becomr the most Epic bustet class in pvp. So if you want to get thief in a more healthy and variable state you first need to punish daredevils Mechanic a bit. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 Wait did you say he play warrior while He got a thief picture on his acc? I mean you right thief should counter warrior and no i dont cry about that BUT you should at least be able to catch a thief and punish him. Actually you couldnt..... even if you cc a thief on warrior He will ezily survive. Why? Well csuse of blinds ports steal! He also get steal a Elite skill (if you User it) and short bow 5 to punish a block skill cause all those skills are unblockable. So warrior get nerfed cause of full counter whst is a e-spec mechanic and unblockable 8 sec cd skill (at least besides shield block 5 and endurepain also the only defence, while 2 out of 3 could get ezily unterrupted). So thief actually is on the same state as spellbraker unnerfed in things like full counter and cc damage. But hell yea thief is fine spellbraker is not only cause full counter is onbviosly tell and thiefs skills doesnt. 

P.S.why should they nerf daredevil in mobility? Well simply not cause they hard counter a class but cause if you push core thief , daredevil will becomr the most Epic bustet class in pvp. So if you want to get thief in a more healthy and variable state you first need to punish daredevils Mechanic a bit. 

Lmao having thief in ur avatar literally means nothing, some people just like the pics. Look at their history and u can clearly see what class they actually play. Let me give u a hint, tons of warrior is weak post,tons of warrior posts in general and most non warrior post are regarding the need to hard nerf thief .

But then again I suspect that u know that as ur in a lot of the same nerf thief threads as usual when I see ur tag its regarding thief being op as well lol.

• Thanks 2

@Psycoprophet.8107 Well its true that i say daredevil should see nerfs in other Posts. I mean thats the point why i do this trait right? But actually i litterly never say lets death nerf thief here or there. All i ever say and want is that daredevil should see some slight nerfes in terms of mobility or stealth to be able to see some damage buffs. So no i never said thief is OP letz nerf and also this isnt a trait like "letz nerf OP thief". Its litterly a nerf something on daredevil to give thief damage back in general.

P.S. yea im just obviosly a warrior Main but no i dont think warrior is death or something. My Main is only in this weak spot since over a year now so they need to give warrior something uniqe back and obviosly that should be damage on cc. (At least damage like AA something like a 2k hit)

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

I mostly play WvW and don't know what would be busted about those dodges in a mode like spvp, raids, or whatever. Is it actually the extra dodge or is it the range and utility on UC? The extra dodge is a signature strength, among everyone else's, but it doesn't feel spammable. The reach on Dash feels a bit like a pile on where I'm at considering the utility, but then I'm guaranteed to get Exhaustion immediately and likely the 4s Immob. Maybe that's more of a sure thing in my mode. 

The other two dodges are strong in the moment but then I need to immediately capitalize on them and cant' really use them for staggering evades and the only positioning they give is orientation for a stealth attack. 

I play a lot more core like acro and DE though so that's my take but I'm more asking because I don't really push Drd much. 

Really love when people think they know the solution to a problem that doesn’t exist when they don’t even know how to type with proper grammar.

What class do you main? Would you want your class to be ripped apart mechanically because a few people on the forums cried that it was too hard or annoying to fight? People are saying L2P because while daredevils may be harder to kill, the extra endurance is what makes the specialization what it is. 

On 6/25/2021 at 8:51 AM, Pati.2438 said:

P.S. Okay so if you dont want this nerf except the low damage and dont cry about  it. THX!

Before making bold suggestions about class “improvements” try to figure out how to use “accept” properly in a sentence first kthx

• Like 3