For the love of thief. Nerf daredevil!

Myror.7521

1 hour ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

go to warrior forums and stop hijacking threads then.

This thread is circular and full of false information.

Tantrums and endless arguments.

It is a bump Fiesta.

Who is getting nerfed this next Patch?

Necs, guards, weavers, and holos....like critically.

Thief at best will see more shadow arts and smokescreen debuffs.

Not a single person has validated daredevil nerfs.

Is this even for real?

So I can only assume it was created by either war mains or this is about PVE.

What people want is to remove an extra dodge, stealth, and teleports and blind from thief but give nothing in return.

Play dagger dagger thief without any of those and don't use steal, oh and on 11k health....

Report back with a video showing success....

Holy smokes lol

Edited by Crab Fear.1624
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

This is warrior mains complains.

Daredevil is fine, maybe war needs some buffs?

I see Vaans in video struggle to win against a guard....wtf lol...

Maybe war is weak?

Warrior in its current state is either an overpowered duelist that easily secures side nodes with the aid of Rampage, or a mobile dead weight unit that provides nothing more then hindrance and kills to the enemy team.

I'm afraid that cannot be fixed at the moment. The problem became magnified with the Feb 2020 changes, as warrior's heavy-hitting telegraps became less punishable and their passive sustain stood out more than before.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:18 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

The only problem I have with thief when being one is that I wish more trait lines allowed for some survivability. I feel like shadow arts can be avoided, but trickery cannot since it buffs steal so much. On the other hand acrobatics are kinda of a joke (defense on warriors be like, minus the adrenal health to a degree which thieves don't have). Also, I feel like deadly arts could provide some minor healing too.

Deadly Arts already has Mug in it to provide "minor healing". Trickery is a must due to the extra initiative and boon rip, thief cannot exist as a viable force without either at the moment. Steal dazing is the sole skill where thief does not trade notable amounts of damage for an avoidable form of CC. I'm not sure if it's fair to count Shadow Shot as a ranged form of blind, since canceling the 2nd portion to lose the soft burst, gap closer and 4 initiative is generally speaking a horrendous deal.

When fighting thieves what disturbs me is how many means of ranged CC they have

Root trades stealth for a potential Cluster setup and loses all the Backstab damage. Aside from that, it's just daze and cripple. 

Always struck me how the poison life steal was on trickery and not on deadly arts.

Assuming you're referring to Leeching Poisons, it's on Shadow Arts.

Nerf thief until i can pew pew it easilly from walls....or from spawn.

tks.

on a seriously note its just annoying but some classes have aoe blinds every 3 sec wich can delay the kill of the DD, i think DD is nice class cause counters builds that are made to one almost one sec burst or one shot tanky players, beastmaster or whatever the class is named can hit 15k on tanky minstrell player with 1hit (need to be norn and ill shut up more than this 🙂 ) DD can pose a threat into those builds since will have a higher ratio of player miss window for high damage trigger.

im way more trigered by the perma daze thiefs and other classes rather than most thief builds anyway.

4 hours ago, bluri.2653 said:

Buff thief

Funny that's what i always end posting in map chat when ic a thief havin issues,  against heavy damage builds, thiefs  poke n stealth poke n stealth and then insta down 🙂

I think its more some classes skills that still get very  high quoficients with crit damage rather thief need buff.

For DD to get nerfed so those extremelly heavy hit builds need to be removed from game, some are still a bit sturdyish for the damage output capabilities.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

@Crab Fear.1624 This treat Was meant to be a Balance issues thing and not a just nerf it threat. Some people only see the title of it and saying "no not nerf thief its garbage" while they never see the whole massage behind it; lel. I write exactly this: Nerf daredevils dodge mechanic (maybe remove the third dodge ability) and buff core thiefs damage. So it meant to be like thisjust nerf something that is way too mutch and give it something back to made other things also variable.

See? There is no "just nerf this cause its counter me". Its just a just nerf this cause its broken mechanic wise to buff other things that Support the whole class and not only the one e-spec.

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2021 at 3:52 PM, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Deadly Arts already has Mug in it to provide "minor healing". Trickery is a must due to the extra initiative and boon rip, thief cannot exist as a viable force without either at the moment. Steal dazing is the sole skill where thief does not trade notable amounts of damage for an avoidable form of CC. I'm not sure if it's fair to count Shadow Shot as a ranged form of blind, since canceling the 2nd portion to lose the soft burst, gap closer and 4 initiative is generally speaking a horrendous deal.

Oh yeah, for mug I meant for the trait to share the heal as well. Not just give it to the thief. I think that would allow for some more support from thieves. I don't think you can share the mug heal can you? 

Root trades stealth for a potential Cluster setup and loses all the Backstab damage. Aside from that, it's just daze and cripple. 

Makes sense. You just need to time your stuff very correctly with an enemy thief Ig. 

Assuming you're referring to Leeching Poisons, it's on Shadow Arts.

Oh yeah right, my bad. Still my point remains. I think it would do more good as a deadly arts trait. Am I wrong? 

5 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Oh yeah, for mug I meant for the trait to share the heal as well. Not just give it to the thief. I think that would allow for some more support from thieves. I don't think you can share the mug heal can you? 

Makes sense. You just need to time your stuff very correctly with an enemy thief Ig. 

Oh yeah right, my bad. Still my point remains. I think it would do more good as a deadly arts trait. Am I wrong? 

I'd imagine condi thief would greatly enjoy that change.

I, for one, would not.

On 7/14/2021 at 10:15 PM, Axl.8924 said:

I was playing Daredevil staff and double pistol in pve and even though i do hit very hard, i personally didn't see myself hitting as hard as reaper.

meanwhile reapers demmand buff cause reaper is a weak class

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

meanwhile reapers demmand buff cause reaper is a weak class

Its absurd I can do 25 weakness plus a ton of stacks of might.

On guardian what do i have to do to get might? get consistent use of resolution to get stacks of might and spam that one kit that puts stacks of vulnerability.

Even mesmer has a lot more work to get good numbers than reaper does, such as try and time your alacricity and illusions to get good amoutns of dmg.

Necros shouldn't be complaining about dmg on reaper, they are fine.

Edited by Axl.8924

DD is about as nerfed as I can get while being still a viable pick? To players who think DD needs nerfs seriously l2p, itl fix ur issues. This point it's not even a joke. Its laughable with some if the states some classes are in ehem.....scourge as example and players whine about thief? Thief is still viable in pvp cuz its decap potential and ability to + fights, due to that design until its nerfed to the point that it would be legitimately abandoned by all player it will still be a viable pick. Instead as stated above, l2p and learn to fight them, quit whining as it wont make u better.

• Confused 1

Yeah I can definitely see how the above ^ would be confusing to a lot of gw2 players, its understandable when reading most their posts. Players are legit helping the devs nerf everything to a point where only a few classes left are any fun to actually play and arnt dumbed down to shells of their previous versions, stop helping the devs ruin the game, they dont need ur help as their fully capable on their own.

U know the player base is in a good spot when players are confused at the prospect of actually learning/get good at the game versus just whining something is op cuz the just got schooled hard by it....must be op.

• Sad 1