New to GW2, playing DD and get blamed for losing all the time. Am I missing something?

ACGOG.9572

23 hours ago, Zeesh.7286 said:

Great thief players carry matches harder than any other class so the expectations are higher for theif players generally. Unfortunately, too many absolutely crappy decap bots have generally soured the community 

I'd argue side noders carry harder than thieves. Yes, thief has a wide array of decisions and ways to carry with - but they're generally connected to their teammates' decision making, and ability to take advantage, and snowball those advantages properly. 

On the other hand, 4v3 cuts off a lot of options (negative ones prominently included), and is generally far more reliant on your own awareness and mechanical ability to execute for reliable and, oftentimes, far more consistent gains.

A great side noder can turn a losing game, with a mediocre team,  into an even one. A great thief will remain a strong hindrance in the same scenario, albeit one that is ultimately unable to actually offer a chance at comeback. Obviously, tournament play is a different beef - but I'd never recommend thief for a player interested in solo queue ladder experience.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054

27 minutes ago, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

Turn off team and map chat and focus on your actual performance. Your team will rarely have something worthwhile to say.

Do not take this advice whatsoever, just put filter on to avoid see nasty words.

This is why conquest is dying, everyone thinks it is a solo game, and it requires cooperation

• Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lol my comments were all in good fun and to take personally, same as the others bot comment as u can't literally play a bot, it plays itself  :).

Also if used at the most overtuned times a foot pic can indeed turn the tides of battle.

Don't reveal that. Feet pics are my hidden trump card I typically play when I see double scourge comps in plat 

20 minutes ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

I'd argue side noders carry harder than thieves. Yes, thief has a wide array of decisions and ways to carry with - but they're generally connected to their teammates' decision making, and ability to take advantage, and snowball those advantages properly. 

On the other hand, 4v3 cuts off a lot of options (negative ones prominently included), and is generally far more reliant on your own awareness and mechanical ability to execute for reliable and, oftentimes, far more consistent gains.

A great side noder can turn a losing game, with a mediocre team,  into an even one. A great thief will remain a strong hindrance in the same scenario, albeit one that is ultimately unable to actually offer a chance at comeback. Obviously, tournament play is a different beef - but I'd never recommend thief for a player interested in solo queue ladder experience.

oh defo I agree a great sidenoder can troll 2v1 by kiting and swing the match hard. It's a matter of taste with a sidenoder vs thief. If you have a competent sidenoder or a competent you've already got an edge given how matches are just a coin toss between how many bots you get on your team vs. enemy and then there's the entire win trading fiasco with people duo Qing with silver/bronze level alts.. it's honestly a MESS argh

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Do not take this advice whatsoever, just put filter on to avoid see nasty words.

This is why conquest is dying, everyone thinks it is a solo game, and it requires cooperation

What makes you think that this is the reason?

What makes you think that people believe its a solo game ?

Edited by razaelll.8324

On 6/25/2021 at 4:42 PM, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Conquest is not dying. PvP is dying. Because it's a neglected game mode that gets 1 minor balance patch twice a year and has stayed fundamentally the same since the game was released. I have been playing pvp for quite a while and nowadays about 1 in every 50 or so matches does anyone in the team say anything actually relevant to the match, every other time it's always just flaming, raging, or vaguely passing the blame to someone else in a completely unproductive way. Chat is absolutely irrelevant in solo Q in the best cases. In the worst cases it's actually detrimental.

if you are new to the game and playing thief i guess your impact is very limited, and it's not your fault, as you'll come across brainded builds that are much more rewarding like necromancers and trapper dhs. Keep going and watch streams of better thieves like zenyus or emdrix and you'll eventually get good.

Until there you'll play a lot of games that you supposed to plus 1 and get quick kills but those builds  mentioned will not be pressured enough so you might not get the kills you need, even if you are rotating perfectly which you problably not, which is ok because you learning, and the guys in your team are learning too and if you are at same skill level of dh or necros in general you'll lose because those builds are super low effort high reward that even good players take a long time to win their v1s against those classes (here mostly necros) that their impact is diminished against worst playing using those builds.

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 1