SpellBreaker should be able to block re-applying removed boons.

anduriell.6280

SpellBreaker should be able to block reapplaying removed boons.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would it help if it applies a short debuff everytime it removes a boon?

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

Fire, stun, cripple and other debuffs are not magic, besides spell breaker is slightly magical.... unless you think the bubble  was a non-magical golden bubble of screw everything.  But if you can remove buff, the same method of blocking a buff logically is not even a step further.

That's going in the wrong direction honestly. That isn't the issue that needs focus. We just need our damage back and then upgrade skills/utilities. That's all. Our hammer now hits like a ball of cotton in competitive. More intricate ways of boon strip/debufff isn't going to help.

Demand more damage. We're not getting our Berserker or Spellbreaker back to how it used to be. So we have to demand more damage.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

That's going in the wrong direction honestly. That isn't the issue that needs focus. We just need our damage back and then upgrade skills/utilities. That's all. Our hammer now hits like a ball of cotton in competitive. More intricate ways of boon strip/debufff isn't going to help.

Demand more damage. We're not getting our Berserker or Spellbreaker back to how it used to be. So we have to demand more damage.

Agreed about the more damage part but that could be addressed via Core traits and weapon buffs.  This doesn't preclude a reworking of SB mechanics.  

Sooner or later Anet will rebalance the elite specs, I just hope more is done before EoD rather than after.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RiyazGuerra.9203 said:

Agreed about the more damage part but that could be addressed via Core traits and weapon buffs.  This doesn't preclude a reworking of SB mechanics.  

Sooner or later Anet will rebalance the elite specs, I just hope more is done before EoD rather than after.  

I understand completely and hope for the exact same thing. But it's been 10 years. Its not looking up for warrior atm. They do not know what to do with the warrior besides keeping it on a short leash. Their only thought is team play, not the foundational problems (which is why those berserker changes stunk, they thought of team play first and nothing else).

But that aside, I agree with this thread's proposition. 👍🏽

Boons removed and replaced with debuff seems good. That effect could even replace one of the lesser used traits in SB.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I would have hesitancy because this feels like slapping a band-aid on a band-aid to create RPS gameplay.  It's a valid idea - at least the premise of SpB having more boon denial, and makes sense in the current game state, but it's not really a good solution for future game states.  This is at best applied to something like Break Enchantments when looking at long-term solutions.

We just need massive reductions in AoE boon application or boons as free bonuses constantly taking effect.  The duration cap didn't actually solve the problem of boons being constantly applied by basically everything and everyone, constantly.

Spellbreaker being able to strip them would be good in it of itself if they weren't immediately reapplied thanks to someone else standing nearby.  I'm looking at FB in particular.

Because I think we can all see the value and justification of something like a Guard reacting with F3 to negate an incoming major attack, or using Stomp to deny and punish a CC setup from an opponent to leave them vulnerable and interrupted (back when stability was rare enough where people actually ran Stomp).  Timed defenses through use of actual resources (like Guard F3 or a utility skill) are a good thing for skilled play - especially when on long cooldowns, and specs probably shouldn't be able to proactively deny use of those selected resources, which is why I think this would be most fair on Break Enchantments or where a similar resource has to be sacrificed/opted for in order to gain the desired effect.

• Confused 1

I'm loving the OP suggestion and the general direction this thread is going.  What if the 2 sec boon block was baseline; no need to modify any traits BUT in order to trigger it the Spellbreaker has to have have and sacrifice the boon it is blocking?  For example, Spellbreaker has might and clears might and swiftness from an enemy.  The Spellbreaker looses might but the enemy can't reapply it for 2 secs. IN ADDITION if someone tries to apply might to the enemy while it's being blocked the block is extended (added this part to balance out the sacrifice). 

Could lead to some weird warhorn builds which in my mind is a plus.

• Confused 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:10 AM, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Wrong Direction? I never even suggested anything except that it would not be "magical"...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

Wrong Direction? I never even suggested anything except that it would not be "magical"...

I was trying to make the point that all warrior mains should focus on wanting damage. Everything else should be put to the side. If enough people focused on one thing, we'd get what we wanted. Anet can't hear a thousand voice talking about different things. They can hear however a thousand voices yelling out one thing.