Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Are Trick-or-Treat bags worth it?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have opened relatively few and got one of those infusions that I could sell for 335g (at the time, a couple of days ago). Now I have to decide if it is something I want to keep or sell it. Last year, I got the green one and don't really care for it. So we'll see.

Hmm, I guess since rather "blah" about the event this year, perhaps I shoulda voted no?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gotten 1 good (Touch of Madness) and 3 ok (stuff from last year not worth much, like a Grim Pact) items. But last year by this point I had 7 Grim pact, 5 Jailbroken, 8 Onus, 2 Pumpkin Smashers, a Nightwing, a Nest, 2 vassago, 2 Oontz necklaces, a gift of spiders, and an unlimited batwing brew. So I defintly feel lie unless I just had the best RNG ever last year and the worst this year, the drop rates have been nerfed hard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I go through bouts of opening ToT bags in the thousands multiple times during the year. I don't think the drop rates have changed much. I have opened, literally, hundreds of thousands of bags. It really is RNG luck. For example, a few days back I got 3 of the Touch of Madness in a single day where I opened around 5,000 bags. Didn't get one at all again until today after opening 50,000+ bags in the interim. When the Oontz's accessories first came out a few years back, I got 2 of the black ones in a single stack of bags (and was extremely excited to sell the jewels at the time since they went for a large amount of gold) and then went through thousands more without seeing it again during that Halloween.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been very disappointed with the drop rate this year as well. I've opened at least 2,000 bags and haven't had a single nice item drop except for one of the Oontz's necklace of the Spectre. (Amusing, but not really what I was hoping for...)

Last year I at least got a couple of the Onus hammers, a pair of the Grim Pact pistols, one of the Pumpkin Hammers, and a few other exotics which I tossed in the bank for my alts.

This year, nothing but junk like plastic fangs, and other trash. Sure, it means I can sell them to vendors for a few extra coins, but after the thrill of getting at least a few exotics out of the bags last year. I am quite underwhelmed this year. 2,000+ bags opened, you would think I would at least have the odds of getting something worthwhile.

Only a week in, and after turning my candy corn into cobs to pick up a couple bags, I'm starting to spend my time away from the labyrinth and running around in the open world on my mounts to do some map completions on my alts... At least that way I have a chance at some keys or charges...

sigh And I was SOOO excited for Halloween this year too...

Link to post
Share on other sites

@smsarasin.3468 said:I have been very disappointed with the drop rate this year as well. I've opened at least 1,000 bags and haven't had a single nice item drop except for one of the Oontz's necklace of the Spectre. (Amusing, but not really what I was hoping for...)

Ehm... what do you expected to get for a 28g bags?You probably were able to made up 50/60% of the golds spent ( or simply 50/60%the value of bags if you buy them from tp ) or the cost by selling corns and other stuff, and also you dropped the spectre which is worth 5/6g.

What i mean is, 1k bags are really a low amount of em, and if you would have managed to drop something worth 70g+ you would have been really, really lucky.Prices are high cause items are rare.If they were not rare, infusion would be the same price as oontz's necklaces.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@smsarasin.3468 said:I have been very disappointed with the drop rate this year as well. I've opened at least 1,000 bags and haven't had a single nice item drop except for one of the Oontz's necklace of the Spectre. (Amusing, but not really what I was hoping for...)

Ehm... what do you expected to get for a 28g bags?You probably were able to made up 50/60% of the golds spent ( or simply 50/60%the value of bags if you buy them from tp ) or the cost by selling corns and other stuff, and also you dropped the spectre which is worth 5/6g.

What i mean is, 1k bags are really a low amount of em, and if you would have managed to drop something worth 70g+ you would have been really, really lucky.Prices are high cause items are rare.If they were not rare, infusion would be the same price as oontz's necklaces.

I wasn't really looking for the cash on drops, just the drops themselves. I was hoping to pick up a couple more Grim Pacts for my Deadeye. :)

I just remember last year that in the first 200 or so bags it seems that I got a couple exotics like Onus or Jailbroken. I know that I can just pick them up on the Trading Post, but I was hoping that this year would be like that again.

Maybe I just had unrealistic expectations after the "Woo Shiny!" that I remember from the last go-round.

edit I didn't buy the bags from the TP, I looted them as drops in the Labyrinth. So I'm not out any gold in that respect. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@smsarasin.3468 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@smsarasin.3468 said:I have been very disappointed with the drop rate this year as well. I've opened at least 1,000 bags and haven't had a single nice item drop except for one of the Oontz's necklace of the Spectre. (Amusing, but not really what I was hoping for...)

Ehm... what do you expected to get for a 28g bags?You probably were able to made up 50/60% of the golds spent ( or simply 50/60%the value of bags if you buy them from tp ) or the cost by selling corns and other stuff, and also you dropped the spectre which is worth 5/6g.

What i mean is, 1k bags are really a low amount of em, and if you would have managed to drop something worth 70g+ you would have been really, really lucky.Prices are high cause items are rare.If they were not rare, infusion would be the same price as oontz's necklaces.

I wasn't really looking for the cash on drops, just the drops themselves. I was hoping to pick up a couple more Grim Pacts for my Deadeye. :)

I just remember last year that in the first 200 or so bags it seems that I got a couple exotics like Onus or Jailbroken. I know that I can just pick them up on the Trading Post, but I was hoping that this year would be like that again.

Maybe I just had unrealistic expectations after the "Woo Shiny!" that I remember from the last go-round.

ouch bad call mate :\They are almost free at TP ( 1g more or less ).

You could have saved money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:In my opinion, it is not worth it this time. Last year I had an entire bank tab full of unique stuff after unlocking all of it for myself by this point. This year I have gotten exactly 4 unique items in thousands of regular bags and hundred of personalized bags. The drop rates seem to have been nerfed into the floor.

Partly that's because you already have an entire bank tab full of unique stuff from last year. The rates are comparable to last year, except maybe the infusion. ToT bags are selling at similar value to last year too, which means that they are, from any practical measure, just as valuable. (There are some differences; they just aren't that significant.)

The fact that you don't see value in them is a fundamental human quality: we like new & shiny, we like obvious gold (not hidden), and we burn out quickly on game content and items. It's basically impossible for ANet to give us the same level of enjoyment of stuff each year, without making the newest players feel like they missed out on everything.

In short, this is more about how your perception has changed about ToTs than any actual change in rates or value.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:In my opinion, it is not worth it this time. Last year I had an entire bank tab full of unique stuff after unlocking all of it for myself by this point. This year I have gotten exactly 4 unique items in thousands of regular bags and hundred of personalized bags. The drop rates seem to have been nerfed into the floor.

Partly that's because you already have an entire bank tab full of unique stuff from last year. The rates are comparable to last year, except maybe the infusion. ToT bags are selling at similar value to last year too, which means that they are, from any practical measure, just as valuable. (There are some differences; they just aren't that significant.)

The fact that you don't see value in them is a fundamental human quality: we like new & shiny, we like obvious gold (not hidden), and we burn out quickly on game content and items. It's basically impossible for ANet to give us the same level of enjoyment of stuff each year, without making the newest players feel like they missed out on everything.

In short, this is more about how your perception has changed about ToTs than any actual change in rates or value.

All due respect, but I don't see how someone would have the guts to post something this patronizing without actually seeing what's dropping for the addressed party.

Speaking for myself, I'm pretty sure I'm not seeing exotics because they're not popping for me. Last year, I had an inventory row full of the nightwing pistols and jailbroken foci after far less bags than I opened this year. Either my luck changed by orders of magnitude, or the drop rates have gone down drastically. I can assure you, I'm not deluding myself. Like last year, I open all of my bags on one character, and am not moving anything off it except for the crafting materials. Zero exotics in an inventory that's cracking at the seams with rubbish tonics and other garbage, except for one cat mini that I already unlocked last year. Also, no recipes at all, but that's okay because I have all of them unlocked already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...