Dragon "Sad" Festival

lummuss.6850

I'll say that if you see something both for sale at an NPC and on the TP, you're meant to buy it from other players off the TP and not from the NPC. The game does this alot, the liquid currency buy option is just so you have a way to acquire it if supply ever dries up.

Players often don't want to accept that they must trade in this game.

Festival dailies are 3g/day easy, plus the 2g from normal dailies, that means you can acquire the wings for gold from mostly selling Zhaitaffy and Dragon Coffers in 2/3rds of the time the festival lasts, leaving plenty of time to do the meta achievs.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

Regarding the Dragon Bash arena, I was a little disappointed. I could have sworn they had a PvP arena that was super fun in the first Dragon Bash? Or am I confusing that with something else? It was kind of like the GW2 equivalent of the Dragon Arena from GW1's Dragon Festival.

40 minutes ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Regarding the Dragon Bash arena, I was a little disappointed. I could have sworn they had a PvP arena that was super fun in the first Dragon Bash? Or am I confusing that with something else? It was kind of like the GW2 equivalent of the Dragon Arena from GW1's Dragon Festival.

Maybe you are thinking of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Arena ?

I enjoy Dragon Bash, but mostly because I approach it as a bit of easy loot and free AP.

I personally enjoy the fact that different festivals require different amounts of participation. Yes, Halloween is amazing. I spend by far the most time in Halloween activities compared to any other festival, probably followed by SAB. Yet, 6 Halloween events all year round (aka same engagement wise)? That would be exhausting.

Dragon Bash is an intermediate engaging festival. You can get your dailies done and get a majority of rewards within 5-10 minutes each day. You can engage in a ton of activities for more loot if so desired.

It's a nice breather before the Festival of the Four Winds launches, followed by Halloween after.

Let's also not forget:

Summer is usually a time where a lot of players spend less time in game. Having a very engaging festival with a lot of "must do" things would be counter productive.

• Like 2

I get a kick out of Dragon Bash, partly because it's a chance for my Norn main to spend some time at home, partly because I love the arena. I don't do it to get lots of loot; if I get cool things dropped from coffers, bonus. I just look at it as a fun break from whatever I'm usually doing. 

My only complaint is that the prizes don't really interest me anymore, since I got the smaller set of holo wings last year. I really wish they'd let you buy one of the colorful dragon kite things that are all over Hoelbrak!

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 4:09 PM, Cyninja.2954 said:

It's a nice breather before the Festival of the Four Winds launches, followed by Halloween after.

Let's also not forget:

Summer is usually a time where a lot of players spend less time in game. Having a very engaging festival with a lot of "must do" things would be counter productive.

It's also a lot closer to Four Winds than the other festivals are to each other.  There's roughly six-eight weeks between the other festivals, if my rough calculations are close, except between Dragon Bash and Four Winds.  It's another good reason not to make it as demanding as, say Halloween.

I love the festivals, myself, though I also admit a little of that is pure nostalgia.  I find the grind a lot more fun in the festivals than in other places in the game, and just flying through the dailies only takes about 10 minutes (depending on the dailies and timing; it might be all of 20 if I hit the races wrong).  The jorbreakers as a possibility for the 5 day reward is pretty balanced, imho, since you can get the 20 jorbreaker "reward" or get the weapon skins just by dailies alone, and alternate options for pretty much all the rest of the skins, recipes, etc.  Yeah, adding a new touch here and there might be nice, but Anet didn't do that back with GW1, and I don't expect them to do it here, except for the occasional new merchant/rewards thing.  I've always had the impression, both in GW1 and GW2, that the festivals are intended much more purely for fun than any other content.  If you like the atmosphere and the unique things to do (ie, Dragonball, Bell Choir, races, Labyrinth, etc) than they are fun.  I can't see that they were especially aimed at those players focused on turning a profit or being the most elite.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:43 AM, firedragon.8953 said:

Although I said I like this festival (I do), I would like to see a few things next year.

I want the Svanir to be

Reveal hidden contents

sulking, with dialog with stuff like, "Is Dragon really gone?" "Were we fooled?" "Look, it's the commander (snide undertones) etc.

If Anet could utilize phasing tech to only play the new dialog for accounts the finished IBS that could help new players stay spoiler-free. Also I'd like an additional event, random incursions from Svanir to attack festival goes (NPCs) and we have to break up the fight (similar to stuff in the Metal Legion concert in Grothmar).

Speaking of the Metal Legion, let's have them come and perform a Bash the Dragon metal style (and other new songs). They should be looking for new gigs aftercall... Include the Svanir attacks there. Just basically make a Dragon Bash special edition of the Grothmar metal concert (which is awesome). 

Svanir would then fit right in with the asuran fanboy of the commander.  That would be hysterical.

I am all for a Metal Legion concert at Dragon Bash.  Next year, we can all get holographic Metal Legion shirts!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1