Longbow could use an update/revision.

Panncakez.1290

11 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

i bet one of those total OP classes like thief or engenier 

yeah that's me, just hammering no-talent LBow camping Rangers with Thief and Engenier ... take that! 🤣

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

i bet you wouldnt say the same if they would make it with the class you play

They literrally did it with the class I play (engineer) and I agree with Obtena here.

Rifle on engineer in PvP has 2 damage skills: blunderbuss (3) and jump shot (5). The rest of the skills deal non-existent damage.

Ranger longbow is fine, "just having 2 damage skills" is not a criteria to go by.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

They literrally did it with the class I play (engineer) and I agree with Obtena here.

Rifle on engineer in PvP has 2 damage skills: blunderbuss (3) and jump shot (5). The rest of the skills deal non-existent damage.

Ranger longbow is fine, "just having 2 damage skills" is not a criteria to go by.

If we want to really look at it ... there are plenty of weapons across ALL classes that have only 2 'damage' skills. The whole premise that Lbow needs to be fixed because it only has 'two' of these 'damage' skills, (however anyone wants to define that) is absurd. The last time I checked, EVERY Lbow skill did damage so ... either they are forgetful or have no clue what they are going on about.

I mean, there are weapons that have skills that do NO damage in PVP/WvW ... so WTF are these people going on about?

Edited by Obtena.7952

34 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

lol but engenier dont have 10000000000 kits to use from right? how about they give archer that kind of stuff? engenier is more range effective and has better escape skills etc. than an archer has and ever had.....they should completely remove all range from engenier and just give them their turrets and that kitten for range

• Like 1

1. "Ranger" does not equal "archer". The word "to range" means something like wandering or roaming arround and has nothing to do with the use of ranged weapons. That's also what various official class descriptions hint at. So ranger is basically supposed to be a roamer and that's exactly what it is good at in WvW. What a coincidence.

2. Ranger's LB is a pretty good weapon. Probably the best longbow out of all classes, certainly the best for the classes' intended role in WvW - roaming. No changes needed.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

lol but engenier dont have 10000000000 kits to use from right? how about they give archer that kind of stuff? engenier is more range effective and has better escape skills etc. than an archer has and ever had.....they should completely remove all range from engenier and just give them their turrets and that kitten for range

I am sorry, but I bet that you didn't play engineer at all in your entire life with that commentary.

First, engineer has exactly 1 kit which can be used for damage at range, which is grenades. And grenades are more effective at close to mid range, since their travel time and random spread AoE can make it really kitten hard to hit someone at range with them.

The only other ranged kit engineer has is mortar, which deals basically no damage at all and has the same (but worse) problems at range that grenades face.

The other kits are all melee.

Also engineer having better escape skills? Did you ever play against an experienced soulbeast? This is one of the most mobile classes in the entire game. They can kite you for ages, my friend.

And rifle, btw, isn't even an effective ranged weapon for engineer to begin with.The 2 damage skills I mentioned deal the big majority of their damage in melee. Claiming that engineer is more effective at range than ranger is absolutely ridiculous....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

If we want to really look at it ... there are plenty of weapons across ALL classes that have only 2 'damage' skills. The whole premise that Lbow needs to be fixed because it only has 'two' of these 'damage' skills, (however anyone wants to define that) is absurd. The last time I checked, EVERY Lbow skill did damage so ... either they are forgetful or have no clue what they are going on about.

I mean, there are weapons that have skills that do NO damage in PVP/WvW ... so WTF are these people going on about?

its absurd? giving a range class only 2 attack skills is ok? sure give all melees only 2 skills to use and remove all those reflec bubbles walls etc. that would be ok to 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I am sorry, but I bet that you didn't play engineer at all in your entire life with that commentary.

First, engineer has exactly 1 kit which can be used for damage at range, which is grenades. And grenades are more effective at close to mid range, since their travel time and random spread AoE can make it really kitten hard to hit someone at range with them.

The only other ranged kit engineer has is mortar, which deals basically no damage at all and has the same (but worse) problems at range that grenades face.

The other kits are all melee.

Also engineer having better escape skills? Did you ever play against an experienced soulbeast? This is one of the most mobile classes in the entire game. They can kite you for ages, my friend.

And rifle, btw, isn't even an effective ranged weapon for engineer to begin with.The 2 damage skills I mentioned deal the big majority of their damage in melee. Claiming that engineer is more effective at range than ranger is absolutely ridiculous....

the mortar kit deals no dmg? in wvw i see enegneers standing on a wall shooting down and hitting for like 3k and its allways a little aoe thats like 1,5x the dmg as archers standart shot and 3x if you dont crit.... you play engeneer and dont know how to play it so easy is it....plus they can perma attack the top walls with mortar 

Edited by xDuckYx.4920
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The only other ranged kit engineer has is mortar, which deals basically no damage at all

While i agree with the majority of your post, this is not true. Mortar can deal quite a lot of dmg, especially whe factoring in the might and quickness stacking capabilities of certain builds. Still, it is more effectively used at mid to close range and certainly won't outtrade a longbow ranger at distance.

18 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

its absurd? giving a range class only 2 attack skills is ok? sure give all melees only 2 skills to use and remove all those reflec bubbles walls etc. that would be ok to 

Longbow ranger already has burst, solid dps and utility skills on top of that totally reasonable flexible range going above the stated limit, so what exactly are you even crying about right now?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

I mean I get it that people want better skills on their weapons but longbow on ranger is not that bad. Lets compare it to rifle on warrior, which is supposed to be your ranged power weapon:

Skill 2: an inferior version of rapid fire

Skill 3: your aoe cleave, which is not good either because its better to use it in closer range

Skill 4: one of the worst weapon skills in the game, a backward dodge with poor damage

Skill 5: your niche ammo refiller and knockback, problem? you have to be in your opponents face, since its a melee attack

Also your auto attack is bad, loosing the adrenaline on hit didnt help either

Other bad weapons: staff on necro, pretty much hammer on warrior, staff on elementalist was sort of overnerfed

Just to name a few

Edited by anbujackson.9564

6 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

and another thing is that archer totaly often cant hit targets brcause there is a tiny gras in your way or hitting guards on wall even if you clearly can see your arrow hits the traget but its out of sight 

And this is not "ranger issue", this is an overal "game's projectile issue".

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

LBow has more than 2 attack skills and yes, there are other weapons in the game that have skills that don't do much damage in PVP/WvW ... they are utility skills.

So yes, it's absurd what you are saying.  Sounds to me like you are hardly qualified to talk about this and lack the experience in game in general to know what you are saying here.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

I mean I get it that people want better skills on their weapons but longbow on ranger is not that bad. Lets compare it to rifle on warrior, which is supposed to be your ranged power weapon:

Skill 2: an inferior version of rapid fire

Skill 3: your aoe cleave, which is not good either because its better to use it in closer range

Skill 4: one of the worst weapon skills in the game, a backward dodge with poor damage

Skill 5: your niche ammo refiller and knockback, problem? you have to be in your opponents face, since its a melee attack

Other bad weapons: staff on necro, pretty much hammer on warrior, staff on elementalist was sort of overnerfed

Just to name a few

You want to compare the ranger which is a range class with a warrior which is normaly a melee? and complain that a melee class dont have 10000000 skills with a range weapon? 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

While i agree with the majority of your post, this is not true. Mortar can deal quite a lot of dmg, especially whe factoring in the might and quickness stacking capabilities of certain builds. Still, it is more effectively used at mid to close range and certainly won't outtrade a longbow ranger at distance.

Yes, auto attack spam can deal some good damage. I was more talking about burst damage skills here, tho.

Auto attacking for 3k is really not that impressive if you look what other weapons can hit with with auto attack and as said, using mortar kit from range has the problem of being difficult to hit something with.

The statement that an engineer outperformances a ranger when it comes to ranged attacks just doesn't hold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't know what you are going on about here ... LBow has more than 2 attack skills. So yes, it's absurd what you are saying.  Sounds to me like you are hardly qualified to talk about this. 

which attacks has a ranger with LBow? point blank shot deals no dmg in pvp/wvw same as the skill that gives 2 sec invi so yes it has only 2 skills....maybe you should go back to shool if you cant even count

4 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

which attacks has a ranger with LBow? point blank shot deals no dmg in pvp/wvw same as the skill that gives 2 sec invi so yes it has only 2 skills.

What you are saying here isn't a problem. Lots of weapons in the game work like this. They are utility skills that do no damage in PVP/WvW. If you don't like LBow because it has these utility skills, DON'T use it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Just now, xDuckYx.4920 said:

You want to compare the ranger which is a range class with a warrior which is normaly a melee? and complain that a melee class dont have 10000000 skills with a range weapon? 

What are you even saying? Class doesnt matter.

Rifle is a RANGED weapon, so why shouldnt I compare it to another RANGED weapon? Because most other weapons are melee? I also never said it should have more skills. I said that rifle is worse than longbow in every aspect.

So hard to understand?

Just now, anbujackson.9564 said:

What are you even saying? Class doesnt matter.

Rifle is a RANGED weapon, so why shouldnt I compare it to another RANGED weapon? Because most other weapons are melee? I also never said it should have more skills. I said that rifle is worse than longbow in every aspect.

So hard to understand?

Rifle is worst only for a melee class or is rifle worst for snipers than a longbow for rangers? like sniper with rifle has how much attack skills? compare it with bow on ranger and you see the problem

7 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

Who said it's a ranged class? You? Cool. It doesn't make it one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, xDuckYx.4920 said:

Rifle is worst only for a melee class or is rifle worst for snipers than a longbow for rangers? like sniper with rifle has how much attack skills? compare it with bow on ranger and you see the problem

Yes I see the problem is that you think comparisons are relevant here. If you applied your 'comparison' logic to other weapons in the game, you would see utility skills on weapons that do no damage isn't a problem to fix, it's intended. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

You want to compare the ranger which is a range class ....

Whoa, wait ... now you're just inventing stuff. YOU do not define what the class is. Anet does and never have I seen Anet say Ranger is a 'ranged' class. Ranger has ranged AND melee weapons. 

• Like 1